Nostalgia | Dazai Osamu

By aspybun

"You're not In love with him again, are you?" "No." I lied. -in which a girl suffers from dealing with the tr... More

☆ Hi! ☆
1| Trauma
2| Quell
3| Distress
4| Memories
5| Revenge
6| Replay
7| Drink
8| Grasp
9| Gifted
10 | Burnt
11| Chamber
12| Desire
13| Closer
A/N
14 | Run
15 | Help
16| Thief
17 | Bittersweet
18| Truth
19 | Light
20 | Dark
Authors Note~
21 | Taken
22 | Choose
Update! Im alive?
23 | Escape pt.1
24| Escape pt.2
25 | Await
27| Cursed
28| Aliance
29 | Torment
30 | Diabolic
31| Taboo
32| Captive
33| Begin
34 | Strive
35| Havoc
36| Rue
37| White
38| Empty
39| Safe
40| Mine
~Afterwards, Authors love and Thank You!~
AN- been selected for Wattys?!
this fanfic was insane and so was i

26 | Explain

15.6K 496 1.9K
By aspybun

(Y/n) P.O.V

I slowly woke up the next morning to sunlight pouring over my warmed eyelids. I peered through the light behind my eyelashes to see I was in the same bed Dazai and I were in from last night, only Dazai was missing. I sat up almost immediately at his absence, rubbed my eyes awake and looked around the room hoping to see him.

The curtains around the bed had been moved to the corner of the room, exposing the rest of his office to me. Too my surprise, the first thing I noticed was that it had the same layout as his old office in the Mafia- desk in front of the window, bookshelves to the right and cabinets to the left. A square red rug in the middle of the wooden floor.

But no Dazai.

I sighed, "Did he leave me here?" Would he do that? Perhaps he had work to do.

I saw the clock on the wall.

9:37 AM

Maybe he had gone out to do something?

I stretched my legs, my body slowly gaining more energy and alertness.

A singular white piece of paper caught my eye on his desk, looking like it was quickly hand written. Hoping it was for me, I got up from the comfort of the duvet and read the paper.

(Y/n),

Don't worry, I'm out doing business for the Agency, I'll be back later.

I hope you woke up alright. I left at nine this morning to do some interrogation work. I'm hoping you didn't have a nightmare, you weren't in a deep sleep when I left you so I'm hoping you woke up okay.
If you didn't... I'm so sorry. I think I need to speak to you about your nightmares soon.

The President is entirely guilty and deplores his actions to what he had done to you regarding the 'medicine'. He wants to apologise and explain, so he may pay you a visit today. Just a heads up.

Also, Atsushi will be meeting me at 10:15 by the docks to finish our mission and you can go with him if you like. I've spoken to him and he's not as afraid of you anymore. I explained our history a little and told him how much you mean to me and to look after you well for me whilst I'm gone.
As for the rest of the Agency, well...

Just don't go near Kunikida.

He might kill you.

Just kidding.

Just don't kill anyone, as tempting as it might be. They will look after you if you look after them. They're nice people.

See you soon,
Lots of Love, your Dazai- San

I smiled at Dazais wonky heart and cutesy letter. He used to leave letters all over the place for me to find back in the Mafia encase our schedules didn't collaborate. I was interested with the trip with Atsushi and also meeting the other members formally rather than seeing the on the other side of a battle field... also, there was one thing that stuck out to me like a saw thumb.

"The President wants to apologise?" I mutter, reading over the words Dazai engraved to the paper. My eyebrows furrowed at the though...

"Yes. I do."

I jumped and spun around to see the President by the doorframe, watching me. My hand held onto Dazais desk to steady myself. I never said a work to him as my heart rate began to decrease.

"Good morning, (y/n)."

I heard Atsushi. He walked out from beside the President and stood beside him. He had a smile on his face, a genuine smile that showed no fear that had once laid upon me. I see Dazai really had completely changed his opinion towards his enemy so quickly, which was quite impressive.

"Hi Atsushi... " I replied, a weak smile in return.

"I see you've read Dazai's note," Atsushi said, voice strong.

"Oh, em, yeah. I have. He's out..." I said.

I immediately felt incongruous as I realised how casual our talk was. Two Agency members stood before me, and if it were any other time we would have been at each other's throats.

"Yeah, sorry. He wanted to be here when you woke up, he thought it was quite harsh on you otherwise," Atsushi said, a small pout,"But it was an important mission."

"It's... fine." I muttered. It was a little harsh leaving me here, in an enemy base, not knowing anyone or their intentions. I looked at the eighteen year old, amazed at his confidence. Only a few months ago, Akutagawa and I were fighting to claim custody of him over the Agency. I remember how much horror his eyes held, how awful and scarring we made his first encounter with the Port Mafia was.

Now here we are, being civil... and I was being civil.

Perhaps it's because I know Mori has no control over me and isn't ordering me to be so violent. I could make my own decisions to benefit me, rather than benefit Mori... Interestingly, it excited me.

An image of when I last saw Mori sparked inside my head. It was still unpleasant... and so unreal.

"Dazai told me this morning you're willing to provide you're help to the Agency." The President spoke up.

"Yes... but nothing definite. It would benefit us both." I replied.

"I also understand that Yosano had healed you yesterday and you're no longer influenced by Francis." The President added, walking further into the room. My attention now went from Atsushi to the older man in the traditional emerald clothing. His face looked young, even though his hair was a shining silver. I wondered what age he was.

"Yes, I'm so grateful for her assistance, she is one of a kind and definitely a keeper to your Agency. Anyway, Francis isn't the man want to mess with considering he can create mind control over within a few days. In fact, he could do anything with the pile of cash he has. You ought to be careful going against him with your small company." I said. I leaned on Dazai's desk slightly, ready for this conversation.

"Of course... we haven't yet seen Francis Gift or what he can do," Fukuzawa sighed, expressing how this concerned him," but we know that you have."

So, he wanted information. I wasn't surprised.

"I could tell you a lot about Francis. However, if you're hoping for his plans or whatever, I'm afraid I don't have it. Half of the time I was drugged and I can't remember much when I was. But, I do have some things that might benefit you."

"Anything would be helpful." He insisted.

"Well then," I said, crossing my arms, "Convince me to tell you."

I watch the President stiffen and his eyes narrow, surprised at my comment. Atsushi looked at the President from behind, wondering what he was going to say. He was just as stunned as the President.

The truth was I still saw the Armed Detective Agency as an sworn enemy. It had been drilled into my mind that they were for years and removing that fixed thought was nearly impossible, even if I did want to side with them. He better have a good reason that could sway my thoughts.

"You know Francis would bring havoc to Yokohama if we don't stop him. Information is critical at times like these." He quickly replied. Good answer.

"True, but I could just give it to the Mafia. There's more of them and they will get the job done better, and I trust that they will have Francis slaughtered."

He stiffened again, knowing I was right... because I was. The Port Mafia were as fiendish as hell.

I smiled as I saw him struggled and I knew I had made him speechless. It was a nice way to serve a taster as to how intimidating I could be.

"I'm just kidding with you," I giggled," Well, only slightly."

Atsushi eyebrows raised.

"You might be my enemy forever, but I'll tell you what I know since you need it in more ways than what you think. Besides, I owe you one for saving and healing me... and if Francis ever does bring, well, havoc as you said, we Yokohama might need every little help it could possibly get."

The President relaxed, a small smile appearing and Atsushi sighed in relief to himself.

It was true. I was only half joking with the President and I usually done it with people I wanted to intimidate. Especially to make them know I'm not their friend.

"Thank you... but what do you mean by that? Needing it in more ways that we think?" The President asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"You need it to convince the Port Mafia to work with you and start attacking you less. You're going to need help from them, as much as you might disapprove since you're such a tiny organisation. I believe Mori might have already made a suggestion to you."

"He did, but we disagreed... It's not in the Agencies agreement to work with criminals." He stated firmly," Instead, we decided to keep out of each other's paths." He definitely made a point there- they didn't want the Mafia. I wasn't surprised; the Agency and the Mafia ere like polar opposite, like Heaven and Hell.

"Well, we may have a big war coming up. You might want to reconsider." I said, raising my brows. I was mainly convincing them for Dazai's sake- if they decided to work together, they might be gentler with their attacks on the Agency... not that Dazai ever needed protection. My man could walk through hell and come out looking like he'd been for a spa day.

The President didn't make any comment on my subtle suggestion. He had made up his mind, so I moved on.

"Anyway, Francis... let me explain."

It took ten minutes to tell the President all I knew about Francis: his Gift, the Moby Dick, the members Steinbeck and Lovecraft and why I decided to join Francis in the first place. He listened carefully to each word I said, steel eyes not being taken from me. Atsushi payed close attention too, surprised at the sound of how powerful his Gift was.

The President thanked me after I had spoken about Francis, but I wasn't finished yet.

"There's just one thing I want to know,"  I said," Why the change of heart? Why apologise for what you've done?" Now, I wanted to know something. Dazai said he wanted to apologise and I wanted to hear it.

"Of course... my apology." The President has become quieter now which was interesting to see. A strong man becoming so weakened when apologising was somewhat... strange.

He sighed to himself, eyes wondering to the window.

Something was telling me this wasn't going to be a pretty story.

"Mori had first contacted me the day when Atsushi was almost kidnapped by the Mafias' Akutagawa and you. He said he was watching you through security cameras and noticed your ability Immense Lustre bringing to spark."

This time, I was listening with every word. I wondered why Mori was so interested in us that he wanted to watch. Did he not trust us that day? Or was it to really to see how Akutagawa and Higuchi worked together?

"He said you would be too powerful for the Mafia with Immense Darkness and Immense Lustre...He was worried that a Gift as strong as yours would get out of hand because of your Mafia lifestyle and wreck the city. He needed to end your life swiftly to protect Yokohama."

I scoffed, then laughed," Too strong for the Mafia?" The President furrowed his silver brows as I covered my mouth in almost hysteria. Atsushi looked very confused, head darting to Fukuzawa and me.

"Mori was just afraid I would kill him. That was all." I confess.

"Hmm, yes. Dazai said that at our small meeting with the Port Mafia." He said, eyes trailing away in thought. He continued a second later.

"I agreed to help him out, wanting to protect our city too. He wanted our help since he was aware of Dazai and you seeing each other. Of course, I never let Dazai knew what he was giving you. I was worried he would go against us since I knew he still had feelings for you and he would never hurt you." He confessed. Hearing that Dazai still had feelings for me made my heart flutter, even if I knew it already. I wondered if Dazai told the President we were in a relationship, or if he was forced.

"So that's why Dazai never knew since we agreed to tell Dazai that it would help you rather than kill you. We said to him that if you never got this medicine, your power destroy Yokohama." He ended.

It was silent afterwards. I thought about what he had said.
The man had a good point- purely for the protection of Yokohama.

"I still don't understand why everyone wants me dead." I sighed, my eyes still on my shoes. It was silent as I said that, the atmosphere changing.

"Yes, I am powerful, yes I manipulate the light and dark... I want Mori dead, and I don't blame him for worrying because I'm pretty sure I could kill him... But I wouldn't destroy Yokohama just for my own pleasure, who would?" I said, now looking at the President who seem to be surprised at how much of a monster I wasn't.

Atsushi coughed loud enough to draw both our attentions, and in between discreetly says, "Francis."

"Oh... oh yeah..." I mutter, biting my lip," Anyways...I'm not an evil prodigy that Mori told you I was, he said that to you just so he could he could feel safer sitting on his throne. I don't kill things for fun... only Akutagawa really does that."

The Presidents eyes widened.

He finally realised he was used like a puppet under Moris tight strings..

I smirked, somewhat pleased.

"He probably lied to you. I don't kill for fun, I kill with reason. Yes, I was a Port Mafia executive, but I don't desire to destroy a city personally. I won't kill you either, so you can loosen your grip on that sharp samurai sword." I said, only just noticing his hand grasping around his sword. We started into each other's eyes for a second, perhaps because of his trust will still uncertain... but he loosened, surprised and maybe relieved I wasn't as wicked as Mori created me to be.

"Mori had told us that you would destroy Yokohama with your Gift, just so he would feel safer being at the top of the Mafia?" The President asked in disbelief.

"Afraid so," I sighed," That's Mori for you."

It was silent as I watch the President mentally face palm himself, his eyelid shutting in annoyance. I also saw Atsushis face looks the President to say "Oh wow... that was a big mistake."

I couldn't help but giggle. The President would be annoyed for a long while at his slip up.

"My biggest apologies... (Y/n). It isn't within our code of conduct to insult an enemy without true reason... this was unjust and shameful on our Agency." The President spoke, voice strong and not a single hint of doubt.

It somewhat made my heart more at ease.

"It's okay. I understand how Mori can be... this isn't the first time he's done such a thing just so he could have all the power." I explain.

"A-Anyway..." Atsushi said," Thank you for telling us about Francis (Y/n) but I have to leave soon to meet with Dazai. Do you... want to come with me?"

My eyebrows raised along with a smile,"Sure!"

Atsushi seemed surprised," G-Great!"

I left the room with Atsushi, leaving the President behind to gather his thought. He must have felt naive to not seen through Mori's intentions, but then again there was plenty of things he never knew about Mori or the Mafia.

As I followed Atsushi around the Agency, I observed the building as much as I could. It seemed mundane, very well organised and somewhat smelt like a hospital but it had its own spark to it. I often heard the detective Rampo exclaim things loudly from a different room, or the doctor Yosano laugh... or even Kunikida yell.

I wondered why Dazai told me to stay away from Kunikida when I heard the boom of his deep voice. Did he really have a problem with me? I wasn't entirely sure since I hadn't met Dazai's new partner before, he could have any reason for not liking me- it might just be because I was from the Mafia.

I looked at Atsushi, preparing things as I stood outside his small room.  I noticed a bag on the desk and a bed in the corner and guessed it was a bedroom where he kept very few belonging. I was standing opposite his mirror from across the room. I then notice I was wearing my usual attire- black leather jacket, white shirt, black jeans and high lace up boots. Typical Mafia style.

"Atsushi, do you have any clothes of Dazai's?" I asked, hoping to change into something that screamed I'm-From-The-Port-Mafia less.

"Em, I can get you some. Why's that?" He asked, picking up his mobile from the desk.

"My attire would make me stand out to the Mafia easily. I just thought if they saw me we both could get in trouble, especially you being at a high price on the black market and an enemy."I explained.

"Oh! I see. Well, I know Dazai owns a lot of shirts and waistcoats... He does have a dark grey jumper he keeps here for overnight work." he said, finger to his chin.

I was about to suggest using that one, until he suggested something else.

"Wait! How about you borrow this?"

He went to his cabinet where he pulled out a white hoodie. It was smaller than Dazai's size, too, especially since Atsushis frame was a little more petite than Dazais.

"It would probably fit you better. I could imagine Dazai's clothes would drown you since he's pretty tall." Atsushi laughed, holding up the hoody.

My eyes widened at his considerate suggestion, knowing it was his personal belongings,"Are you sure, Atsushi?"

"Yeah! I don't mind. It's only for a few hours and keeps us from the Port Mafia." He said, he gave me the hoodie and I gently took it from him, feeling the soft material.

"Thank you..." I smiled. I took off my black jacket and pulled the hoodie over me. It was just a little big, but Atsushi was bigger than me. Other than that, it was great. The Mafia never wore white too. I looked like a normal person for once.

"Perfect, alright! We have everything we need. We're going to be walking to the docks since it's not too far. I'm just going to tell the guys we're leaving now." Atsushi said. He walked outside his office room and along to another door down the corridor, and as soon as he opened it a heated conversation flooded out. I slowly followed, footsteps behind him.

"RAMPO TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW, OVER WISE I'LL STEAL ALL OF YOUR SNACKS YOU EAT!"

"NEVER!"

"G-Guys?" Atsushi quietly said, interrupting the argument. They stopped their bickering immediately.

"(Y/n) and I are leaving now." He informed.

"Oh, you are?" I heard Yosanos voice, a one that I now remembered, then the sound of footsteps tapping in stilettos.

She then peered out the door and looked at me, a smirk appearing.

"I see I done a fabulous job as usual." She cheered, her eyes sparkling with pride. I put a small smile on my lips as I saw Yosanos pride.

"You have done a great job, Yosano. Thank you... you really helped me, even when I am an enemy team member." I replied.

"Oh, you are? I thought you've fallen out with the Mafia and the Guild," She said, putting a hand on her hip,"It doesn't really matter now anyway. Beside, we got information from you so the pleasure was mine."

She came out and handed out her hand to me, "Akiko Yosano. The Armed Detective Agencies doctor. I believe we haven't met before."

I took her hand," (L/n) (Y/n). And no, we haven't."

I liked Yosano from that moment onwards.

She smirked and we drew our hands away. Her voice then turned low,
"I've heard a lot about you from Dazai, though!"

My eye brows raised, a slight blush. I wonder what Dazai was telling them about me. Yosano seemed pretty happy with it since her voice was a little cheeky like she knew our secret.

I was about to reply, but then another face appeared out through the door, the detective.  He walked straight up to me and stepping in front of Yosano, eyeing me through his glasses, scanning me all over.

"Em..." I didn't know how to react. It was sudden, too sudden, like a dog sniffing its human owner.

"20 years old, huh? Executive at just 18. Impressive." He stated, pushing his glasses back against his nose," No intentions of attack. All clear."

"How did you figure that out by just staring at me?!" I exclaim. Rampo somewhat seemed cheery, and obviously not afraid. He made a such a bold movement...

"I knew all along. I also know where you live."
His smirk at the end made that sentence worse.

"O-Okay... You're the Detective, Rampo, right? I've seen you before."

"Ah, yes, you have. Twice." He said, unenthusiastic. I didn't remember the second time... but they weren't exactly good times to remember.

"Oh! The Mafia member is here!"

A boy with bright blonde hair stepped out, his eyes wide and colourful with stars. He looked very young to be part of the Agency- his attire was childish too.

"I'm not a-"

He then gripped my hand with the most powerful strength as could imagine, making me almost yelp.

"It's nice to meet you! I'm Kenji!"

"H-Hi, Kenji, nice to meet you too?" I stuttered out, trying to not let out a whimper of pain from my hand. I hadn't heard Kenji name being mentioned through the Mafia before and now I started to wonder why. His strength was increasingly strong for such a young kid!

"W-Why are we all out- EEP!"

I recognised another boy as Kenji let go of my hand, freeing me. He was Tanzanaki and he was precent from the time when when we tried to take Atsushi. He must have still been afraid of me from last time as he slowly backed away, eyes terrified.

"Tanzanaki, right?" I asked.

"Y-Yes..." He tremors.

"Hey stop being such a wimp, big brother! She's not gonna hurt you since she's Dazai's true love! She agreed to be good around us!"

True love?!

Another girl I recognised came in and pinched Tanzanakis cheek. She was very cute, blue hair and matching eyes. They seemed very close, and she also knew about Dazai and I. Did he tell them we were dating?

"N-Naomi, okay..." He said, taking her hand away. Eventually, she got off of him," Yeah, I'm Tanzanaki. I remember you from the attack..."

"Thought so." I replied," And I'm not here to hurt you. I'm not taking orders from the Mafia anymore."

"Oh..." Tanzanaki seemed to relax after, now knowing I had no violent intentions," Well that's nice, I guess."

I shrugged and suddenly, Atsushi butted in.

"We need to go! (Y/n), let's head out." Atsushi exclaimed.

"Right." I say, suddenly excited for a mission with him.

"Goodbye guys!" Atsushi called, walking away. I started to follow him.

"Byeeee~!"

"Have a fun time Miss Mafia!"

"Don't get killed if I'm not there!"

"Eh, they'll be fine."

I looked inside the room the Agency members where in as I passed and saw another frame who I believed was Kunikida. I noticed his dirty blonde hair, tied up at his nape, a smart attire and a green journal in his hand.

But behind his glasses were eyes filled with rage as he stared me down for just a split second, a deathly aura vibrating of him.

I walked away, not wanting to look at him for too long.

That was all I need to know that Dazai was right- I should stay away from Kunikida.

Because he hated my guts already and from the look of it he probably would try to kill me.

***

"So, Atsushi... How did you find the Agency?"

Atsushi was surprised by my question, mismatched eyes wide.

"Haha, well, it's quite the story..." He said, hand scratching the back of his head.

We were now strolling along the docks, the body of water slowly trickling beside us. The sun was out and so far Atsushi and I were having a pretty okay time just walking and talking. I had my hood up in hopes from hiding from the Mafia who had access to every CCTV camera that infected the city ... and possibly Francis too if he was around.

"I first came to Yokohama after being thrown out of the orphanage I was at. The Were- Tiger was terrorising the orphanage and I had no clue it was me. At first, I was glad to leave since... well they harassed me and tried to kill me... When I arrived, haha... I first tried to rob Dazai because I had nothing, However, he was drowning in the river and I saved him instead and that's how we met. He and Kunikida then offered to buy me food and that's when I told them I was seeing the Were- Tiger chase after me. They then caught up really quickly that I was the Were-Tiger, and then decided to give me a job at the Agency shortly after."

Atsushi seemed to explain rather happily his story beside me. His tale was interesting and definitely not how I imagined... and now it resolves the question as to how he reached the Agency before the Mafia- just by chance.

"That's interesting." I comment, smiling at how he tried to rob Dazai, not surprised at another suicide attempt.

"Yeah. I'm so grateful for them, without them I would have been homeless..." I sighed with relief. That tone of despair sounded familiar, something I related too.

"Me too... but with the Mafia." I sighed.

This time Atsushi looked at me, it was his time to hear my story,"Really?"

"Yeah. When I was kid... My parents disowned me as soon as my ability started to show. They were scared that I could manipulate the shadows on the wall, and locked me in my room for days where I'd starve. When I learned how to travel across the world using the shadow realm, I escaped. Mori found me cut and bruised on the streets a few weeks later and decided to help me since he's profession is actually doctor rather than a full time smart arse dickhead."

Atsushi laughed widely, making me smile.

"Anyway..." I laughed too," When he asked what happened to me, I explain what I was. He wasn't afraid of me at all... he just took my hand and walked me to my new home, the Mafia, at just six years old. Without him I might have died, and without him I wouldn't have developed my ability. I would never of known what I was."

I shared my history with Atsushi, since he was kind enough to share his history with me. I figured since he had met Kyoūka who was from the Mafia before, he might not have been so terrified of knowing me.

Atsushi looked rather saddens, eyelids half down when I told him my childhood life. I remembered that day like it was only yesterday when Mori looked down to me, cleaning my cuts and putting plasters delicately over the crimson tears in my body. Back then, he was very affectionate, attentive and kind hearted to me, exactly the way he treats Elise. For a long while, I saw him as my father figure throughout my time at the Mafia. He said I had a special Gift that would bring me a good life, and the Port Mafia would give me the opportunity I deserved.

He wasn't exactly wrong...

As I remembering all of my history, I felt a twisted feeling in my gut and I knew what it was.

I was missing my home.

"So you've been with the Mafia since you were six?" He asked.

"Yes. And after I arrived, a day later I met the Dazai Osamu we all know and love." I smirked, extra pride in my steps.

"R-Really?! You've known him for that long?!" Atsushi exclaimed.

"Of course! Dazai and I have so much history and memories together. We never spent a day apart after he said he loved the colour of my eyes. We were partners in crime, well known through the Mafia as the Dark Duo. So.. you could imagine the pain through the four years when he left, unexplained." I added.

"Yeah... That sounds like it was really hard..." Atsushi sighed, head shaking,"I couldn't imagine a person I love most just vanishing."

"It was really hard. You see, my Gift is controlled by my emotions. When I'm feeling evil, my darkness is in power. When I'm happy, my light is. But when I got in so much distraught when he was gone, I no longer had control over the power and it tore me apart, trapping me in nightmares that last for days on end. It tore me apart so much now that the nightmares have become permanent."

Atsushi was silent as he absorbed the information in. I listened to the pristine water flow, waiting for Atsushi to reply... or maybe I hit him too hard with my life...

"And that's... why you needed Dazai? Each night?" He questioned.

I was silent, nodding,"That's why I needed Dazai each night."

Atsushi sighed. It seems like I had made him feel rather low. Dazai and I, our relationship has reached the heavenly highs but the hellish lows.

"I remember why Dazai told me he left the Mafia. I remember him saying it was a very difficult choice for him to make that day. Now I know why... it was because of you."

I bite my lip when he told me.

"Because," He quietly said, "He never wanted to leave you."

I imagined Dazai suffering from leaving me... I imagined him having to chose between two people he dearly loved...

I imagined if it was me- what if Chuuya was dying in my arms, his blood over my skin, telling me to be free? ... I had to imagine pretty hard since Chuuya was pretty brutal and there was never a scenario where he would say such.

"Yeah. That's why." I replied, the thought still strong in my head.

"Well, that now makes you very important to me."

I frowned,"Why?"

Atsushi smiled when I looked at him.

"Because you're very important to Dazai, and Dazai's important to me too."

I smiled and let out a little laugh, my cheeks a little rosy," I guess. Well, for as long as I'm not in the Mafia, you're now important to me to."

"Woo hoo!"

Atsushi seemed very caring and sympathetic, which was something I like about the boy. He was a good listener this whole time and it's only been twenty minuets. Atsushi, too, had a painful beginning to his life. I thought that was what brought us together more, the line between friend and enemies erasing away as we grieved and discussed our past lives.

"What about you, Atsushi? Do you have anyone you care about a lot?" I asked.

"I-I uh..."

My head quickly wizzed around under my hood to see Atsushis pink dusted cheeks, his hand scratching his messy hair again.

A typical boy sign- He did!

"Oh!" I exclaimed," so there is?!"

"Aha, you're not wrong." He said. I could see he  was a little uncomfortable with this, his blush intensifying.

"Is it romantic?" I asked. I was being pushy, and I knew I shouldn't, but I couldn't resist the urge.

"U-Um, maybe." He stuttered out.

"Maybe? Is it a new this feeling?"

"Yeah, it is." He nodded.

"I see, I guess I'll leave you to figure it out more before I get to ask more questions." I smiled.

"Ha, Thanks. Can I ask a question too?" He asks. His cheeks had returned to their normal colour as he relaxed.

"Anything as long as it's not creepy, Were-Tiger." I replied.

"Are you okay with Dazai trying to commit suicide all the time?"  He quizzically asked.

I went silent... It was a question I wasn't expecting.

"Was that too personal?" He asked.

"No..." I replied," Just difficult... Very difficult."

Atsushi stopped as we approached a bridge. This was where we were supposed to meet Dazai, so we waited her and continued our conversation.

"How come?" He asked, leaning against the railing beside the river. I done the same, close to him.

"Well, I understand his love for death. You do get fascinated with a way out of life when you're stuck in the worst end of it and the amazing ability to end one when you're in the Mafia. It tricky to explain, but when you're surrounded by it, it becomes normal and sometimes some people start to see it differently."

"I guess that makes sense..."

"But," I sighed," I don't understand why Dazai wants to end his life. I don't understand why he would want... to leave you guys or to leave me..."

Atsushi became more perked, "Oh... Of course. Why would he? He loves you, and he didn't have to tell me. I felt it when he was telling me about looking after you this morning... I never seen him so stern..."

My cheeks turned rosy again at the thought of Dazais persistence.

"Aww... Bless him... but It doesn't make sense, right? I haven't really told him how I feel about it. Whenever I see him trying to die I just scold him and drag him away from it like you guys probably do. He's never asked me if he could do a double suicide with me once... I know it's his dream of leaving this life with someone else. Someone pretty and gorgeous... But I see him trying to ask over ladies and..."

"W-What?" Atsushi said. He must have seen Dazai do this before, "Never asked you but he asked over girls?"

"It's somewhat annoying.."

I always felt left out, or that Dazai didn't see something in me that he saw in other girls. It was the only thing in our relationship that I questioned. Of course, I used to question it during the Mafia and get very annoyed, but he's still doing it now?

"I-I don't understand. Maybe he doesn't want you dead... But would you commit suicide with him?!"

"I don't know... I mean, probably but..."

I looked out across the horizon, the Yokohama city buzzing like usual. The pleasing sound of the water flow couldn't relax my mind.

I was about to explain how I wanted to have as long as I could with Dazai, how I always wanted to spend my life with him.

"I..."

"Well, looks like I've hit the jackpot. The Were-Tiger."

No!

Shit!!

My eyes widen at the familiar tone of voice. That couldn't of been him...

Atsushi switched immediately.

Leaving my side, he turned and his arm ripped into his tiger hand, firing towards him.

"Such a predictable move." I heard him say.

I stayed silent, but I wouldn't go unnoticed for long. I had to get out of here.

But Atsushi...

Atsushi then, what I believed, kicked him. I heard the collision, between his foot and his skin.

"That was a nice kick."

And then, Atsushi was slammed into the bridge wall, concrete falling off around him as he collapsed.

I could have run. I could have turned and dashed for my own safety... But as soon as I saw the blood streaming down Atushis face my mind change.

"Why don't you come with me, We're-Tiger." He smirked.

My eyes fixed on his frame covered in the same suit he usually wore...

It now irritated me to see such a sight.

"He won't." I said it loud and clear, stepping away from the railing.

His posture immediately switched, stunned. He turned, a menacing smirk plastered on his face.

Francis was delighted to see me.

"Oh... looks like I really have hit the jackpot today. I was wondering if that was you, (Y/n)."

"Leave, Francis. Or do I have to take you down again?" I growled. I came closer to him, darkness casing around my fist.

"What are you doing with the Agency, hmm? Hanging out with your lover with the little time you have left?" He replied." I have to say, white suits you like your Immense Lustre... but I prefer black." He now stood facing me, hands stuffed into his pockets of his white suit.

"I'm not working with the Agency at all and I never would be. Don't you think for a second I would," I growled, hoping he would believe me, "I was with Atsushi for a different reason."

My other hand behind my back sparkled with white light and behind Francis, I healed the cut on Atsushi head. He noticed, his hand touching where he has been hurt... I remembered what Dazai wrote.

We'll look after you if you look after us.

At least he wasn't loosing blood anymore.

"Are you meeting Dazai? Perhaps I could end him and end your unhealthy obsession over that man. Then you'll finally be perfect for the war." His snarl grew wider and sharper, but there was something else more important I had noticed... something that caught my attention from the corner of my eye...

A blur of ruby red and deep indigo. Two familiar colours that's gave me a sense of hope, dashing towards us with a shine of a blade.

"Hey!" She called.

Francis spun from the foreign voice.

Only when he move did my eyes lay on the precious Kyoūka my mouth opening with delight and surprise.

"K-Kyoka!" Atsushi called.

He stood up, running to her side.

"Kyoūka..." I breathed. The last time I saw her was when I heard she was on the train, a bomb strapped to her by Akutagawa forcefuk orders. Now she was here, healthy, safe, strong.

And then her eyes pinned onto Francis like needles. She launched at older male, cutting his throat ever so slightly and swiftly that he had no time to react.

His hand immediately grasped the slice around his neck.

"Who are you? Are you with the Agency?!" Francis stuttered, confused.

"Leave us alone or you'll deal with me." Kyoūkas voice was light like a princess, but her words where threatening as any other Mafia member. She might only have been fourteen, but she was fierce and full of fire. I smiled at how confident and protective she had been and how much more powerful and brave than the last time I saw her weak and defenceless.

She was happier.

On the river, a boat was passing, it sparked an idea.

"Kyoūka, this way!" I called.

I jumped over the rails, landing onto the boats roof heavily.

Kyoūka grabbed Atsushi next to her and done the same, leaving Francis confused and damaged.

Atsushi and Kyoka landed next to me on the white boat, arms wrapped around each other as they embraced the impact.

Was Kyoūka the one who Atsushi liked?

My hair was swept away from the wind, but I managed to see Francis lean over the fence, ready to call whatever backup he had...

I summoned a shadow, blasting the side of the riverbank with it.

Smoke erupted and Francis was gone out of our sight as we drifted down the river...

_________

Hello!

Happy New Year everyone! It's 2019 and that means I'm getting closer to being older :,) As a happy New Years, I decided to write you a long chapter.  Lots of stuff to take in there. Kyōka baaaaack!

i also have some... sad news.

Some of you remember my last post about not being able to write for a while due to the very sudden sickness of my beloved dog, Mach. (update on 21 june 2019- this was deleted a while ago)
On the 2nd of January, we had to put him down.

I'm feeling better, and I've found out that by doing things I love and working will take my mind off it, which is why I produced this sooner than I expected.Thank you for your concerns, those people who commented. :) it meant a lot to me.

Anyways, *claps hands* moving on.

Before you read the next chapter I just want to thank you all so much! The votes, viewers and commenters have skyrocketed! We have reached number one in the hashtag Bungoustraydogs !!

Thank you so much, my lovely readers and commenters!

-Asp xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.5K 3.3K 12
Dazai finally gets to talk to his old enemy, and treats him the same way as always, with his annoying remarks and jokes. However, with time Chuuya ch...
56.5K 1.8K 33
"𝑰𝒕𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖" In which Y/N becomes Dazai's assistant.... Never realizing the hard wo...
6K 241 14
You, Nakahara (Name) were the twin sister of Nakahara Chuuya. Unlike your brother who manipulates gravity. You could manipulate time. While he went a...
137K 5.9K 44
Dazai x Isekaid OC "For Dazai-san, I can light the world up in flames, and you think I can't kill myself a second time?" Synopsis: Waking up in the w...