A New Direction [A 1D boyxboy...

By OMG_its_VICE

After Maxwell wins a contest, in which he is rewarded by being added to One Direction, everything goes wrong... More

a new direction [a one direction boyxboy romance]
The Contest
Welcome Home
Getting Dried Up
The Interview
Cant Handle the Pressure?
Carrots, Crowds, and Confessions (oh my)
The Day Off
Christmas Shopping

"I Slipped"

1.2K 20 7
By OMG_its_VICE

so as you may know the whole Maxwell and Liam fight has been bubbling a bit and all of you are asking why Liam is so mean. He has a secret but it isnt the obvious one...

This chapter contains a boat load of drama so get your popcorn, pajamas, snuggle next to Harry and read this juciy ass chapter!

__________________________________________________

~Maxwell pov~

The inside of the mall is white, as white as the snow outside. There are four floors in this mall and each floor had rows of screaming fans with posters. There was a big crowd in front of us behind long velvet ropes, waiting to meet us. The head of management, John, told us that there are new books that were to be signed. It is the same book as before, but at the end it has a two pages  chapter about me. John told me that there are going to be books handed to you by some random guy, you flip to the back, and sign it, then pass it over to the next person. I was the last one in line so when i was done signing my name i just handed it to the fan.

the inside of the mall was just as cold as it was outside...but i was kept warm by mittens, hats, scarfs, and blankets i received from the fan. The fan's brought gifts for everyone in the band. Liam got a very nice purple journal, a light saber, and a package of spoon's, in which he acted like he was scared the threw them behind him. Zayn got about 16 mirrors, and 3 letters. Niall got 4 potato's with a letter written on them, a coupon for Nando's, and a green hat with a four leaf clover on it. Louis got a light saber as well, a knitted hat...and about 200 carrots...in which he took a nibble out of each one. Harry got a boat load of letters that included twitter names, phone numbers, and a note. He also received a kiss on the cheek from every fan...and i mean EVERY FAN. i got about 5 rainbow flags, 6 letters, some mittens, a poster of one direction with me photoshoped in the back round, and ton's of hugs.

The mall was packed with screaming fan's, just dying to meet the boys and me. I sat the the edge of a white table as fan after fan came by me.

I moved my hand in a circle, streaching it a bit. It was sore from all of the things i've signed...and i've signed alot. I've written my name on books, phones,posters, faces, and this one girls baby. One direction fans were defently the crazest out of all fans.

But the reason i love the Directioners is because there so...dedicated. I mean they seen every interview, video diary, performance, and twittcam the boys did. they know every songs lyrics...and they seam to cry when they first meet the boys. The fans. about two hours ago, began to sing "One Thing". The fans were all so lovely, i wish i could just thank each and everyone of them personaly...but right now i think i already have. There were so many fans in the mall, the store's had to close do to to many people.

We'Ve been here for four hours now and i've seen every different type of fan.

there the regular fans, who have the actual book to be signed. I call these fan's the regulars

then there are the crazed, fan girl, fans. These fans usually cried, screamed, (or fainted) when they talked to the boys. I call these the disturbed fan girls/boys

there are the in denail fans, the one's tha claim there here to get the autograph for the boys for someone else, but it is really them. i call these the hidden fans.

Then there are my fans. Just saying ' my fans' makes me smile. My fan's were the ones that were introduced to the band because of me, so many boys and girls came up to me today and kept talking how i was such a big impact for the LGBT community. These fan's already have a name for them self. They call themselves "Maxanators". Its a catchy name if you ask me.

To have my own fan name is just unbelievable, this whole thing is unbelievable. To think, a week ago i was sleeping on a park bench, now im impacting the world.

I had just finished signing some girls face (literally, she asked me to sign her face) as the next fan came up to me.

The fan looked like a normal fan, basically meaning she didnt have tears running down her face as she screamed. 

The girl was tall. She had Long, dark brown hair that ends at my waist and is slightly wavy and has auburn and strawberry blond highlights. Her eyes were Hazel and had green and blue flecks in them.

"OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" the fan said to me.

I blushed and said " i love you to". I liked to treat the fans as if i cared...well i do actually. But , i mean like if someone asked me to marry them, which happened today about 12 times, i would always say yes.

She handed me the book with the boys signatures already on it. i looked up at the girl and said "whats your name love?"

She said, with a bright smile, " Montanna Rose Martin "

I pulled the paper closer to me and began to write my name. As i was writing the girl said "omg zaynwell is like my fav ship."

I looked at her with a confused face and said "Zaynwell?". 

she scoffed and said "you know...you and Zayn" she drew a heart with her fingers.

"wa-wait how do you know about that?" I asked, the remembering the flashing camera..It must be all over the web by now.

The girl quickly pulled out her phone and fiddled with it. As she rapidly typed on her phone i saw a picture of One Direction from there up all night album, with my face taped to the back.  I chuckled a bit from her creativeness. she then held the phone right in front of my face and said "Read it."

I took the phone from her and quickly read the article. I reconized the pink backround and automaticly knew it was Perez Hilton. I looked at a picutre on the top of the article and it was of me and zayn almost kissing.

I looked over at Zayn who had another fans phone in his hand, im sure reading what i was reading.

God i just hope this doesnt ruin the band. 

 Just as the thoughts ran through my head, Zayn leaned over and gave Liam the phone. I felt my heart sink as Liam's eyes ran all over the screen. his eye's stopped moving a bit, then he turned he head towards me. I could see his chest rising and falling, his eyes narrowing, and his fish clenching from down the table....ugh im going to here this when i get home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2 hours later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole ride home was silent. Harry and Louis just whispered to eat other, Niall ate some Doritos i didnt know he had, Zayn wouldn't look at me, and Liam just kept clenching his hands.

I now sat on the sofa, in my Batman pajamas and white tee shirt. Liam was across the room, giving me a angry glare. He wore a fitted black shirt with a purple plaid print pajamas. The boys stood by the door, as Liam talked to them

"why do i have to stay here with him" Liam said, not making eye contact with me. His words stung a bit but i shook it off.

Harry said, while putting on his jacket  "We told Simon you were being..." Harry struggled to find the words. Niall finished his sentence "We told Simon you were being a dick to Maxwell so he told us to tell you to work out your difference's". My mouth opened a bit from Niall's language.

Liam rolled his eyes and didn't say a word as Louis unlocked the door.

The boys were already out the door. Zayn, who was holding the door open letting in flakes of snow said "Please....for the bands sake, get along". He didnt wait for a response, and he closed the door. 

I stared at the door for a couple of seconds, wishing he wouldn't have left, then i turned my attention to Liam. It looked like he wanted to say something, but he didnt. instead he stood up and began to walk towards the stairs.

"Liam...please wait, lets just talk" I said as i followed Liam up the stairs. He wasnt responding. He ignored my words and began to quickly walk up the stair. I walked up the stairs just as quickly and said "Liam...please just talk to me". He still ignored me.

I felt anger build inside me but i didnt let it show. I was never one to hate someone for i never liked when someone hated me. I wasnt angry at Liam because i wanted him to be happy with me....and how can someone be happy with you if your angry at them?

We were know on the second floor, where the boys rooms were. Liams hands were clenched at he walked towards his room. i, still walking right behind him, said "Liam...i dont know why your mad."

Those words made Liam stop walking, making me almost run into him. He sharply turned around and looked at me. His eyes were full of anger, his fist were clenched to tight his knuckles were white.

"YOU DONT KNOW WHY IM MAD?!" Liam roared, making the house shake a bit.. i felt my heart sink for Liam was starting to scare me. 

Liam began to walk to me as he talked "IM MAD BECAUSE YOUR GOING TO RUIN THE BAND YOU STUPID FAG! THE WORLD HATES GAY PEOPLE AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPEN'S WHEN A GAY GUY JOINS A BAND? THE WORLD FUCKING HATES THAT BAND BECAUSE OF THE GAY GUY!". As Liam got closer, i began to walk back.

"But dont you see Liam" i said, still walking back. "I've brought so many new fans to us! I mean you guys won the hearts of every girl in the world, i won the hearts of everyone in the LGBT community"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! dont you see i dont care about your fucking faggot community?"

"I still dont know why your acting so crule" I said, holding the tears back in my eyes. I knew i was backing up to far because i felt the end of the stair on my heal. "i mean, i got you that damm camera and i thought you would forgive me"

"DO YOU REALLY THINK A FUCKING CAMERA WILL MAKE ME LIKE YOU?!"

I swallowed at the lump in my throat in fear. Liam's body rose and sank with each angry breath he took. I said, while cracking a bit from fear "well what will make you like me?"

He looked at me as if i just called him a mean name, i felt his left hand grab my shirt. He brought me close to his face and looked me dead in the eye. I couldnt hold back the tears so i let them fall. Liams right hand rose behind him as he said "burning in hell".

I closed my eyes as i saw Liams fist storm towards my face. I then felt the sharp pain in my jaw as Liams fist made contact with my face. His hand let go of my shirt as i began to tumble back. i took a step back and didnt feel the floor beneath me. 

~Harry's pov~

We were all in front of the house, about to go walk to the Mall to get some Christmas decorations. It was dark and snowy. The floor was either covered in ice or ice melting salt, either way it was hard to walk.  As i began to walk down the step's, i felt my stomach tense up.

"errr mate" I said, stopping as the boys walked  ahead of me. 

"Yeah haz?" Louis said. 

"I dont think we should leave Liam in the house alone with Maxwell".

Niall stopped walking, as did the others, and said "Why do you say that?"

"Because Liam has a bad temper and im sur-" My words were cut of by the loud screams of Liam.

We were all silent. The boys and i all slowly started walking up the stairs to the house, trying to here what was happening.

My body jerked as i heard Liam yell again, "DO YOU REALLY THINK A FUCKING CAMERA WILL MAKE ME LIKE YOU?"

I knew Liam was mad, so i reached into my pocket and pulled out my keys. My cold finger's kept fiddling with the key's as i frantically tried to find the right one.  I then found the front door key and put it in the lock. I turned the key and pushed the door open with one swift motion. We all quickly walked in, the boys following behind me. I looked towards the stairs and saw the shadows of Maxwell and Liam. Zayn began to walk towards the step's, but then his body froze. I watch with wide eyes as Maxwell tumbled down the steps. His hands wailed in the air, trying to grab on to something. His face was full of pain. He the landed with a bang on the last step.

"MAXWELL!" i heard Louis yell

~Maxwells pov~

I opened my eyes and saw the light brown floor of the bottom of the steps.. The room kind of titled back and forth, and my ears rang. I pushed myself up with my hands and saw that on the floor were small drops of blood. i then felt a sharp pain in my jaw from where Liam hit me. I hear the steps of Liam running down the stairs, followed by a scream

"MAXWELL!". I recognized the voice, it was Louis's. I moved onto my back and leaned against the wall with a groan. The room was still blury, but i could see the boy's running towards me. Liam was on the second to last step, then a blury figure pushed him against the wall.

I felt the presence of someone next to me. I looked to my left and saw Louis sitting next to me. He quickly wrapped his arms around me. I realised the room was blury because my glasses had fall off. I pushed Louis away and patted the floor, trying to find my glasses. My hands quickly came over a cold object. I lifted object next to my face, and saw it was my glasses. I quickly put them on and saw the dramatic sight of the house.

Liam was pinned against the wall by Zayn, whose face was furious.  The steps had bits of my blood on them, i still didnt know where i was bleeding. Niall was running to me with a white box, and Harry and Louis were on the floor with me, asking me what happened.

I saw Zayns hand move back, about to punch Liam.

"WAIT!" i yelled. All of the boy's face's turned towards me.

"it wasnt his fault i slipped" i said, a tad bit to quickly.

i felt Harrys hands on my shoulder, turning me towards him. He looked into my eye's and said "Maxwell dont cover for him, its ok. just tell us what happened".

I looked over at Liam who had a face full of fear. I let out a breath i didnt know i was holding and lied. "See me and Liam were in an argument, and i followed him up the steps. i told him 'your such a fucking prick, to think i almost killed myself to get you your camera'. he then turned around and screamed at me, which made me get startled, losing my grip, and falling down the stairs." All of the boys looked at Liam, who just looked at me with shock.

I turned my head to the left and said to Louis "its true, its my fault, i slipped".

I watched as Louis looked at Niall, who then tilted his head to the side, Making Zayn release his grip on Liam.

I then got up from the floor, and felt a sharp pain in my leg. "Shit." i muttered, gaining my balance on my left leg, for the right one was surely sprained.

I felt Harry put his hands on he, holding me up. Zayn walked up to me, and grabbed me by the shoulders and said "Maxwell...are you sure you slipped"  He searched my eyes for an answer. i nodded my head with a fake smile, making Zayn smile as well. He smacked my arm playfully and said," im going to get some ice for you leg, i think your sprained it"

I heard Louis say from behind me , "let Liam take care of him, he's good with like first aid and....stuff".

I felt a lump in my throat from the mere mention of his name. I looked at Liam was nervously looking at the boys. "uumm" he began "um, ok i-ill help him. Maxwell can you walk up the stair's?" i moved a bit and limped, answering his question.

I walked up the stairs, behind Liam. i looked down at the steps at the drops of blood on it, still i didnt know where i was bleeding. i followed Liam who walked very stiffly to his room. He opened the door and stood aside, holding it open for me. 

I smiled at his gesture, but then realised he wasnt looking at me, but starring deeply into the space behind me, trying not to make eye contact. 

I walked into his room and quickly noticed how neat it was. He had a book self, pack with books. He had a black desk in the corner, his bed was neatly made, there wasnt anything out of order or anything.

I heard the door close and Liam rush pass me. He grabbed the cussioned black chair from his desk and rolled it towards me.

"sit" he said, not looking at me. I sat down on the chair and let out a small hiss, for i moved my right leg the wrong way and it hurt...alot.

Liam knelled down on the floor and reached his hand under the bed. He then pulled out a white box, simliar to what Niall had. i reconized the red cross and realised it was a first aid kit. 

Liam sat on his legs and lifted my right pants leg up. 

"im going to move it ok and if it hurts tell me".  Liam said, still not looking at me. Liam put his cold hands on the side of my leg and turned it to the side. it didnt hurt, so i said "it feels fine when you do that".

He then looked up at me, pausing for a minute. He then said "you probably just sprained it".

Liam then pulled the white box in front of him, and flipped it open. He pulled out an alcohol pad, a band aid, and a tube of cream. He stood up and moved next to me, "this is going to burn a bit". He said, putting the pad next to my cheek.

i flinched a bit from the stinging on my face and said "wait i got cut on my cheek?" He looked at me with a face full of pain and said "umm yeah....it was probably from my ring". I felt something in my stomach churn from the memory of him punching me.

He stopped whiping me with the pad, quickly put some cream on the cut and the band aid, then he walked over to his bed and sat down.

i looked at Liam whose was staring at the ground...sniffling. i then realised he was crying and walked over to him.

the bed bounced a bit as i sat down. "why are you crying Liam....i mean i was the one that just got punched" i regretted my words for i didnt want to make him feel bad. He looked at me with red, watery eyes and said "thats just it...im just so sorry that i hit you."

"its ok Lia-"

"NO! its not ok! i mean even after i yelled at you, was mean to you, punched you, and almost made your drown....you still are nice to me. and it just makes me feel so....so". He sadly looked at me, not being able to complete his sentence.

his face then tensed up as he let out a sob. i opened my arms, and in no less then a second, they were filled with Liams trembling body.

"im so sorry Maxwell...im so sorry for everything that i did to you" He cried into my shoulder. My heart ached a bit from seeing Liam like this. 

after a few seconds, Liam pulled away and wiped his tears. "do you forgive me?" He said.

i looked at him with a blank face and said, "im not just going to forgive you like that" i snapped my fingers, making Liam's face sadden. "but i know that you are changing...you just have to show me that you did change...then ill forgive you." a small, barely noticeable smile grew on his face. 

"well...what can i do to show you that i changed?" Liam said.

i put my hand on his shoulder and said, with a slight smile "ill tell you when you figure it out"

"why cant you just tell me?"

"because if i just tell you what i want...you and i wont really appreciate it. i want you to do something that your heart tell's me will make me forgive you ok?"

he looked at me with a shakey smile and said "ok"

_________________________________________

THAT SHIT CRAY. THAT SHIT CRAY!

lol i hope you loved this very long, dramatic chapter :D 

next chapters teaser:

"The Day Off"

i sat on the sofa in the living room and went through the fan mail. As i ripped open each letter i realised that it wasn't fan mail...it was hate mail.

dear Maxwell,

who do you think you are? One direction was perfect before you came, i mean how do you think that you could just wedge your gay ass into a band, whose been together for almost three years? I mean Niall doesnt even deserve to be in this band, let alone you.

I stoped reading and set the letter down on the sofa neatly with the ripped bits of the envelope and wiped the tear that fell from my face. I heard someone walk from behind me and pick up the note, i hoped it was Zayn or Louis, so i can get some sympathy from them.

But it was Liam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 319 20
In this One Direction fanfic. We meet a Radio hosts with nothing really happening in her life. She does the same old thing hang out with her bestfri...
105K 4.5K 53
BOOK 1 IN 'TRUE LOVE' SERIES Meet Niall Member of the famous boyband One Direction. He is the carefree , jolly , Irish one with the big laugh. But...
2K 24 10
Claire and Lia have always been big One Direction fans ever since they were younger. When they go the a store one day and Claire finds a mysterious l...
2.3K 31 20
It was a chance meeting and now he's become a permanent part of Michelle's life. She doesn't know how to separate his crazy career from the boy she...