Ninjas (Naruto Fanfic)

By AngelicDemons9700

Ayame has been put on team seven when she becomes a Genin. She has the Ten Tails inside of her and knows many... More

Chapter 1: Survival Test
Chapter 2: A Real Mission
Chapter 3: Chunin Exams?
Chapter 4: The Ten Rookies
Chapter 5: The Chunin Exams Part 1
Chapter 6: The Second Part of the Chunin Exams Part 1
Chapter 7: The Second Part of the Chunin Exams Part 2
Chapter 8: The Second Part of the Chunin Exams Part 3
Chapter 9: The Sound Ninja Attack
Chapter 10: The End of the Second Exam
Chapter 11: Preliminaries... Jiraiya is back!
Chapter 12: Training with Pervy Sage!
Chapter 13: Three Demons!
Chapter 14: The End of the Chunin Exams!
Chapter 16: Road Trip with Pervy Sage!
Chapter 17: Learning the Rasengan!
Chapter 18: The Fifth Hokage's arrival and Sasuke's Retrieval!
Chapter 19: Orochimaru's hideout!
Chapter 20: Prison Break!
Chapter 21: Taking out Raiga!
Chapter 22: Sea Monsters!
Chapter 23: Returning the Favor! Naruto and Ayame's Departure!

Chapter 15: The Battle with Gaara!

826 26 0
By AngelicDemons9700

" Hey, Sakura. Earth to Sakura." Naruto whispered.

" What do you want?!" She asked annoyed and I rolled my eyes.

" This guy over here, who the heck is he?" Naruto asked.

" His outward appearance may be different." Pakkun started and I finished.

" But he's the one we all know as Gaara." I finished. Naruto's eyes widened in horror.

" What do you want?" Gaara growled out in annoyance. We averted our eyes to try and look behind us as Sasuke groaned in pain, " So it's you two. You're the two who didn't kill that day." Naruto trembled for a minute when Gaara's eyes widened in anger.

" Guys get up! We have to go now!" Naruto yelled turning his back. Gaara jumped at an incredible speed. He passed Naruto and went for Sasuke. Before I realized what happened Sakura got in front of Sasuke. Before he could do anything, I was in front of Sakura. He knocked me to the side and then hit Sakura pinning her to the tree with sand.

" Move it!" He yelled. Sakura groaned in pain then passed out. 

" Sakura!" I screamed. Naruto grabbed Sasuke and jumped to a different tree. Naruto started to tremble not knowing what to do. I can't do much cause he has a hold of Sakura. Gaara was holding his head as if he was having a battle within himself. I jumped to beside Naruto standing in front of Sasuke protectively. Naruto stared terrified. Could I have been like that if people would have known and treated me bad? Would I have turned horrible or would have I been like Naruto? Gaara looked up with the same blood lusting yet lonely eyes. 

" What's the matter? Weren't you about to make a run for it?" Gaara viciously asked.

" Sasuke..." We heard Sakura mumble, " Naruto, Ayame." We glared at Gaara.

" Who are these two? Who are they to you?" He growled at us.

" Huh? Who are they to us? They're our friends is who they are! You try laying so much as another finger on the two of them and we will pulverize you!" Naruto and I yelled. Gaara got mad and put more pressure onto Sakura causing her to scream in pain. We went wide-eyed.

" What's the matter? Aren't you gonna pulverize me?" He mockingly growled, " Well come on then.

" You got it!" I yelled at the same time Naruto said, " You're on!" I jumped over to Sakura and touched her shoulder giving her some of Katsumi's chakra. It coated itself around her. Hopefully this will keep her alive, I thought to myself. Naruto was thrown back by the sand tail. I jumped next to Naruto in a battle ready stance.

" Gotta save my friends. It's all up to us." Naruto said and I nodded in agreement. Gaara let out and evil laugh. 

" That's exactly why you can't win. As long as you fight for the sake of others, you'll never advance beyond this level," Gaara said and I narrowed my eyes at him, " Only one can remain undefeated, and only he will feel what it's like to truly exist. Forget your friends and fight for yourself." I gritted my teeth.

" You're insane." Naruto said.

" That's the only reason I fight and that's to protect my friends." I said.

" Forget my friends?" Naruto questioned with his fist clenched.

" Trivial feelings like friendship and loyalty clouds your focus and you'll die." 

" Yea yea! Keep talking while you can! Cause we're about to shut you up once and for all!" Naruto exclaimed pointing at him and I nodded. Naruto grabbed a kunai and lunged. I lunge along with him, " I'm taking you down!" I was behind Gaara in a second and was about to punch him when his tail swung forward going to hit Naruto, but hit me throwing me into Naruto. I groaned, got off of Naruto and stood up. I turned around and seen Gaara having another inner battle.

" What's the matter? Why don't you attack?" He asked us, " Don't you care what happens to your precious friends!" He put more pressure into the sand hand that was holding Sakura causing a look of pain to cross her face.

" Sakura!" Naruto and I yelled.

" Let her go!" Naruto yelled. My chakra around is only able to lighten the damage and heal her. I concentrated on the chakra I coated around Sakura and the look of pain on her face was no longer there. I'm not used to controlling my power. I looked at Gaara and then used my speed. I was at his side in a second going to kick him. The sand tail was just as fast and went to hit me. I used my speed again and was behind him. I felt a hit go to my side and I flew through a tree. As my back hit the tree I gasped in pain and all of the air was knocked out of me. I started to cough and then I looked up and seen Naruto doing the hand signs for summoning jutsu, " Summoning Jutsu!" A puff of smoke was there and when it disappeared a small toad that looked red and orange was there. I sweat dropped.

" What is it? What do you want kid?" The toad asked, " Well whatever it is, I hope you brought along some treats. Cause if you think I'm doing anything for nothing you're wrooooonnng." The toad said holding out the word wrong.

" Oh give me a break! I'm really starting to hate you stinking frogs!" Naruto shouted at the toad. I didn't hear what the toad said next, but it stick its tongue out at Naruto, " Listen, I don't have time to play games you slimy little squirt." 

" Worried about the others? That's your big mistake. When I fight I fight for me and me alone." Gaara growled his whole face transformed into Shukaku. He was starting to undergo the full transformation.

" He's undergoing the full transformation for the tailed beast!" I shouted as Naruto stared terrified. He broke off from the hand holding Sakura and regenerated a new one leaving Sakura pinned against the tree. 

" Only by attacking and defeating me you can save her. You should hurry. With each passing second the sand will harden until she's dead and that chakra around her won't work seeing as how that girl using an immense amount of chakra isn't really trained in giving out her chakra." Gaara said talking about me. I hate when people are right, " Sand Shuriken!" Naruto picked up the toad and tried jumping out of the way while covering the toad so he wouldn't get hurt. One of them hit Naruto and Naruto hit a tree. He fell and rolled off of the branch onto another one. I watched as Naruto sat up and was deep in thought. 

He's probably thinking of how he was treated and all of the loneliness inside of Gaara. My eyes softened and I knew what it felt like too. Even though nobody knew they still picked on me and resented me. They felt as if I would become a danger. I had no one. Gramps would talk to me and he was the one who acknowledged me. He knew about the fox demon I held inside of me, but he seen me for who I truly am and not what was sealed away in me. I could have been like Gaara. I could have turned into a beast if it wasn't for gramps who had shown me what it felt like to have a friend. Memories of everyone flashed through my mind. Gramps, Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, Shikamaru, Hinata, Kiba, Kakashi, Gai, and Asuma.

" What's the matter? Are you afraid of me?" Gaara questioned snapping me out of my thoughts, " Or are you thinking of the best way to save your friends? Fools! Forget them! Think only of yourself. Love only yourself. That is what it means to be the strongest. What's wrong? You two were so bold and cocky before? Show me your strength! Let me grind it into dust!" I was over his head and I kicked down with full force. He flew through the branches under him hitting the ground with a loud thud. He was back up on a branch in front of us in a couple of seconds. Naruto lunged and did multi-shadow clone jutsu.

" Wind Style: Sandstorm Devastation!" He exclaimed as mouths were now all over his sand body and they blew sand at us. All of the shadow clones disappeared, " I think I'll toy with you two a while." He used sand shuriken and I jumped in front of Naruto using Katsumi's chakra as a shield to protect us from them. He kept throwing more and more until it broke through throwing me back into Naruto. I stayed in front of him taking the hits. We flew through tree branch after tree branch. I fell forward and then stood up along with Naruto. He threw more and I flew away from Naruto and hit a tree, " You come at me and that's all you've got! You couldn't even touch me. What a joke!" Gaara said mocking Naruto. Naruto took out a kunai and started to wrap a paper bomb around it. 

" Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Naruto yelled. My turn! I did the hand sign.

" Shadow Clone Jutsu!" I yelled as shadow clones of me appeared in chakra mode. Naruto and I lunged at him along with our clones. One hand grabbed three of Naruto's clones leaving two Naruto's out. He did the same with my clones. I smirked as Naruto got behind Gaara, but then I sweat dropped when I heard what he said.

" Thousand years of death!" Naruto yelled sticking the kunai up Gaara's ass. Gaara turned around and knocked Naruto away as I jumped back. The papeer bomb went off. Part of the sand that made up the transformed Gaara's face wasn't in the same place. Sasuke was beside Naruto and he stood up. They were talking. I seen Naruto's eyes widened as some realization dawned on him. He stood up. Gaara turned towards them and I was beside them in a second.

" Going through the loneliness and sadness. Never relying on anyone. Because of that I thought he possessed strength, I really did. I don't know I guess I should have known better." Naruto said.

" Protecting our friends and comrades gives us strength. I went through that too. Even though no one knew about the Ten Tails I was treated like I shouldn't exist. Gramps showed me my reason to exist and what a friend was. I will never let my comrades die. I will protect the village and be one of the best ninja there will ever be!" I said honestly.

" Ayame..." Sasuke mumbled in shock. Naruto did a hand sign and his chakra swirled fiercely around him. He released a massive amount of chakra. He did the Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu and over a thousand of Naruto's appeared. I let out a sigh and undid chakra mode. I can't let him show me up.

" Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu!" I yelled doing the hand sign as over a thousand of me poofed up causing everyone's eyes to widen even more.

" How did you two, do this?" Sasuke asked wide-eyed at how many clones we could create.

" Sasuke, why don't you take it easy for a while." Naruto said.

" We can handle this." I finished with a smirk.

" Lets go!" Naruto yelled. All of our clones charged. We all through shuriken at Gaara and he looked between all of us. He lifted up his arm dodging them. The clones came up from behind. kicking him into the air.

" Naruto and Ayame double attack!" I yelled. The Naruto clones above him punched him down as my clones kicked him down. He fell onto the ground in a heap.

" There's no way I'm gonna lose to people like them!" Gaara yelled. Sadn came up taking out all of the clones and my eyes widened.

" He underwent the whole transformation!" I exclaimed looking up at Shukaku.

* In Ayame's Subconscious *

" The only way to beat a tailed beast is with another tailed beast!" Katsumi exclaimed.

" We'll do tailed beast mode in a minute!" I exclaimed back.

" Since it'll be our first time it'll only last around three to five minutes." She said and I let out a frustrated sigh.

* Back to Fighting *

Sand started to wrap around Naruto.

" Naruto!" Sasuke and I yelled in unison. I seen Sasuke fall to the ground in pain. I heard Naruto whispering the words for the summoning jutsu and I got ready for my tailed beast form. 

" Summoning Jutsu!" Naruto yelled and a puff of smoke appeared and there stood Gamabunta. I did my tailed beast mode and looked to my right and I seen Naruto staring at me with awe.

" Lets do this together, Naruto. I can only stay in this mode for around five minutes since this is my first time." I said to Naruto. (If you watched Naruto Shippuden during the war and you seen Naruto in that mode, that's how Ayame looks just with dark blue chakra and ten tails). Naruto's face became serious and he nodded.

" Naruto Uzumaki, Ayame Namikaze you two really are good at amusing me." Gaara said.

" What the- Not you again!" Gamabunta exclaimed and I giggled, " What is this?" His eyes landed on Shukaku, " Well will ya look at that. Shukaku the sand spirit." 

" What do you say? Will you fight along side me and Ayame Chief Toad?" Naruto asked. Gamabunta blew smoke out of the side of his mouth.

" Take a hike." He said and I sweat dropped, " Why go out of my way to mess with a guy like him? What am I and idiot?" I started to ignore them and I took off towards Shukaku. I lunged and we slid across the land. He hit me and I flew back a little. One of my tails wrapped around Shukaku while another one was making sure his tail couldn't do anything. I looked back and seen Gamabunta get a serious look on his face and I jumped away from Shukaku sliding back to beside Chief Toad and Naruto. He took out his sword and I scooted away a little bit. He charged and I kept up with him as they went after Shukaku. He brought his sword down onto Shukaku. He took Shukaku's arm off. I bit of the other arm, but he easily regenerated it. It's not my fault I don't know how to control this form. I was beside Gamabunta as Shukaku made a sand Gaara on his shoulder. Gaara did a hand sign. Gaara said something and then fell asleep. Uh oh, that means Shukaku is going to take over.

" I'm finally free! Here I come baby!" Shukaku yelled.

' Katsumi, you know how to handle him wanna take over for a minute?' I questioned her.

' Sure.' She said and I let her take over. I could still here everything that was said.

" Wow Shukaku. You're still up to your games how funny." Katsumi said through my body. 

" I'm surprised anyone found out about you Katsumi I mean you were supposed to be kept a secret. Did you give yourself away so you could be sealed away in a brat?" He questioned mockingly causing Katsumi to growl.

" Okay, one she isn't a brat and two, you shouldn't be talking." Katsumi sassily said. I watched as the battle continued on. About a minute later Katsumi gave me back control. Another burst of air the Chief Toad didn't see was headed right at him. I jumped in front of it using my tails as a shield. Chief Toad grabbed a hold of Shukaku.

" Now's your chance!" Gamabunta yelled. I jumped over to them as my tailed beast mode let out and left me with no protection. I started to fall to the ground until Chief Toad caught me with his tongue and put me on his head.

" Lets make a triple transformation," I suggested, " Naruto can picture what we'll be and we can all three do the jutsu." I did the hand sign at the same time Naruto did.

" Conjure up something with fangs and claws!" Chief Toad yelled.

" Lets see..." Naruto trailed off.

" Here we go!" He yelled and jumped towards Shukaku, " Transform!"

" Transformation Jutsu!" Naruto and I yelled. We were the Nine Tailed Fox!! Shukaku fired off more air at us which we jumped over. When we reached him he swung his tail knocking us back a little. We charged forward clawing at him and jumping over his wind attacks.

" This isn't going to work! His power just keeps increasing!" Gamabunta exclaimed.

" Come on! He just needs a good smack to the head!" Naruto exclaimed.

" Here, I'll concentrate Katsumi's chakra into our transformed mode to give us more strength." I said concentrating on it. We jumped in front of Shukaku and Gamabunta bit him and attached his claws to him. Shukaku groaned in pain.

" Okay, you two you're on!" Gamabunta exclaimed. The transformation jutsu let out and Naruto and I jumped onto Shukaku. He punched Gaara as I kicked him.

" Rise and shine!" We yelled.

" Aww that's just great! Give me a break I just got here!" Shukaku whined. He started pushing agaisnt Gamabunta. Gaara's eyes opened as we slid away from him. Gaara looked mad and Naruto's and my feet sunk in.

" Sand Coffin!" Gaara yelled. A tongue wrapped around Naruto.

" What about Ayame pops?" The little toad questioned as sand wrapped around me.

" I only have one tongue!" He exclaimed. I activated my chakra mode and pushed out getting out of the sand.

" You think I'm a full?" Gaara yelled outraged as more sand than before surrounded me. We glared up at him as our legs were being covered. I sensed the Nine Tails chakra and soon afterwards Naruto was covered with it. I grinned and did the same thing as him, but not fully going into chakra mode. This time it was more powerful that my headband flew off along with Naruto's. Naruto's jacket came unzipped and flew open as the Nine Tails chakra was stronger too. We lunged and his sand grabbed us. 

" I have had it with you!" We yelled bumping our heads with Gaara's since we couldn't move our fist. The impact drew blood from all three of our heads. The Shukaku started to crack and turn back into regular sand us falling along with it. Chief Toad poofed out causing the smoke to blow us away. I grabbed a hold of Naruto so we could stick close when we landed. Naruto and I landed on a tree as Gaara landed on one opposite of us. We sat up and looked at each other before looking at Gaara. We were all breathing heavily blood running down our foreheads.

" That's it I can't go any further. I've used up all my chakra." Naruto said panting, " And from the look of you so have you." Naruto looked at Gaara meaning that was pointed at Gaara.

" We're all alike, more than you know." I started.

" We shouldn't be doing this." Naruto said. We were all standing now in a battle stance. The sword of Gamabunta's disappeared and we lunged. Gaara and Naruto went to punch. Naruto punched Gaara in the face as I kicked him in the stomach with all of the strength I could muster sending him flying back. We fell through the trees hitting the ground. Gaara looked over at us as my vision began to blur. I can't move. Naruto started to crawl towards Gaara using his chin. I copied him. I felt my arms tingle a little bit and I slightly moved one to help me crawl faster.

" No, stay away!" Gaara yelled at us, but we kept crawling.

" It's almost unbearable, isn't it?" Naruto asked.

" The feeling of being all alone." I finished for him.

" We know that feeling," Naruto said honestly, " We've been there."

" In that dark and lonely place, but now there are others." I said coughing a little bit.

" Other people who mean a lot to us. We care more about them than we do ourselves." Naruto said letting out a groan of pain.

" And we won't let anyone hurt them," I said taking over again, " That's why we won't ever give up."

" We will stop you even if we have to kill you." We said in unison.

" But why?" Gaara asked with wide eyes, " Why would you do this for anyone, but yourself?"

" Because they saved us from ourselves. They rescued us from my loneliness." Naruto said.

" They were the first to accept us for who we are." I said.

" They're our friends." We said together.

" Naruto, Ayame, that's enough." We heard Sasuke say and we looked up, " Look Sakura's gonna be alright. The sand crumbled away, she's free. This guy's chakra is all used up." 

" That's a relief." Naruto said and I nodded in agreement. Naruto put his head down on the pavement. Temari and Kankuro landed in front of Gaara staring us down.

" That's enough. It's over." Gaara said and my eyes slightly widened.

" But Gaara..." Kankuro said trailing off, " Alright Gaara." Kankuro helped Gaara up and faced us. Gaara looked us over and then they took off. I then lost consciousness. 

* Time skip *

I sat in my bed staring blankly at the wall tears streaming down my face. Gramps died. His face passed through my mind. I looked at the clock realizing it was almost time for the funeral. I grabbed my black outfit and put it on along with my black ninja sandals. I wore my headband around my neck for today. I met with the team at our meeting point. Sasuke stopped in front of us and the wind blew. We followed in silence. 

Almost all of the leaf ninjas were there except for Kakashi. I looked at the picture they had of gramps. It started to rain on us and I put my head down.

" We are gathered here to remember and honor, not only the third hokage, but those who sacrificed themselves in this battle so that our village would survive. People started to lay white flowers on the table. I looked down and seen Konohamaru crying in front of me. I put a hand on his back to try and comfort him as Iruka put an arm around him. Iruka bent down to Konohamaru's level and pulled him into a hug and I pulled my hand away. When it was my turn to put a flower down I thought of something we did.

It was the day I was crying because the adults kept giving me a look of disappointment and disgust. He came and talked to me. He took me out to eat and showed me his summoning jutsu. That was the best day ever. I held back the tears as I looked at his picture. See you later gramps, I thought to myself. I walked back to my spot and stared up at the Hokage faces. The rain stopped and the sun started to come out bringing a smile to my face.

* Time skip * 

I was breathing heavily trying to catch my breath from my training. My chakra mode was still flared and many trees were destroyed. I deactivated it and took off running. I'll resume training later. Something wasn't feeling right. I started running and then seen two guys in black cloaks with red clouds on them. Asuma and Kurenai were standing in front of them. My eyes widened when one of them took off their straw hat and underneath was Itachi Uchiha. The second one took off his straw hat too and it looked like he was part shark.

" The name's Kisame Hoshigaki." I heard shark dude say. Kisame pulled out his sword. He swung at Asuma and Asuma dodged using his special weapons. I activated chakra mode and appeared behind Kisame kicking him in the head.

" Ayame, what are you doing here?" Asuma asked wide-eyed. 

" What do you think? I came to help." I said standing in front of them. 

" No, get out of here!" Kurenai yelled. I shook my head no. I used my speed and got behind Itachi. I was about to send a kick to his face, but he dodged. I brought down my other foot as hard as I could and the ground beneath him formed a crater. I jumped back.

" Ayame, you seem to have acquired new power." Itachi commented.

" This isn't even half of it." I replied going into the four tailed beast state. His eyes widened. To them it was like I disappeared, but I was moving incredibly fast. I swung my tail at him sending him flying. I turned back into chakra mode and did hand signs.

" Water Style: Great Waterfall!" I exclaimed sending water at Kisame. He used his own water style jutsu countering mine. 

" Which tailed beast are you?" Itachi questioned beside me. My eyes widened.

" None of your business." I replied using my speed to get a way. Itachi kicked Kurenai into the water and then Kakashi showed up. 

" Ayame go!" Kakashi yelled at me. I nodded and took off. I deactivated my chakra mode when I found where Naruto was. I landed next to him and the Pervy Sage.

" Why do I have to tag along while you do research?" Naruto asked.

" Don't worry, Ayame will be going too." Pervy Sage said.

" I didn't agree to anything!" I exclaimed.

" Please Ayame! Don't leave me to deal with Pervy Sage on my own." Naruto begged. I let out a sigh.

" Fine, I'll go, but that's because I wanna leave the village for a little bit," I said a small grin finding its way onto my face, " Besides, if he teaches you something then that wouldn't be fair since he's supposed to teach both of us."

" So why are we going with you to do research for one of your pervy books?" Naruto questioned.

" Look kid, I can ensure you, this isn't a research trip. There's a woman I have to find, a very remarkable woman." Pervy Sage said. 

" Don't we have to train? I mean Sasuke learned Chidori. I still can't believe Kakashi play favorites with Sasuke," I huffed, " Anyways, we need to learn something as powerful as that."

" Yea, it's time Kakashi teaches us that." Naruto said.

" Chidori's not really your style, and besides that kid the woman we're looking for is very beautiful. I mean gorgeous." Percy Sage said and I sweat dropped.

" I'm not gonna go!" Naruto exclaimed and my mouth dropped. You're the one that talked me into it! I mentally yelled at him.

" Well I could have taught you jutsu that could have made Chidori look like kids stuff. Oh well, I guess I'll just teach Ayame." Jiraiya said starting to walk off and I grinned.

" Right! When do we leave?" Naruto eagerly asked and I smirked. Well played, but he still has to teach us, I thought smugly. Naruto took off to go pack. I then took off to my house to pack for the trip too. I jumped in through my window and grabbed my bag. I packed some clothes, water, extra ninja tools, and a picture of my mom and dad. I jumped out of my window to meet with Pervy Sage and Naruto. I met up with them at the gate and I sweat dropped at the sight. Naruto had a bag ten times his size.

" Lets move out!" Naruto exclaimed.

" You don't think you might have over done it a little?" Pervy Sage questioned, " You do realize we're not going on a trip around the world, right?" Naruto couldn't even make the bag budge. How the hell did he get it here?! Naruto emptied most of it out and we were on our way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.7K 2.1K 44
You are from the (l/n) clan a very powerful and very well respect clan well it was until it's downfall and every clan member killed in cold blood Wel...
138K 3.8K 33
The foreseen future leads to her death. Due to her family special bloodline. So they took action. Kakashi Hatake came back from and anbu mission and...
58.3K 2K 52
What would you do if you knew your time was almost out? that as the seconds passed, your end draws near? How would you feel if you had it all famil...
44.7K 1K 54
**COMPLETE & CURRENTLY EDITING** (l/n) (y/n) is born in the (l/n) clan where they control the Shizengan (Shizen - nature). They are the only ones who...