The Fairy Files (on hold)

By funsized_book_worm

A collection of Fairy Tail ship one shots, gay, straight and otherwise. (Restart of my other one shots bc the... More

Requests (currently closed)
Luvia- When Oceans Storm
Chendy- Cookie Trouble
Lucana- Pillow Talk
Fraxus- Feelin' Green
Sildarts- Your New Daddy
Logray- Past Temptations
Jerik- One Smooth Criminal
Meredy x Midnight- No Homo Intended
Stingue- Distractions
Canajane- Devil May Care
Lyoke- Ghostly Howls
Gratsu- Acing the Mission
Kinabra- Safeguard
Stingue- Tender in the Dark
Gratsu- Bailed
Erzajane- Festivities
Gajevy- a flower for thought
12 Days of Xmas: Day 1- Cobratsu
12 Days of Xmas: Day 2- Juvana
12 Days of Xmas: Day 3- Orfus
12 Days of Xmas: Day 4- Erzajane
12 Days of Xmas: Day 5- Jelray
12 Days of Xmas: Day 6- Milliagura
12 Days of Xmas: Day 7- Lyoke
12 Days of Xmas: Day 8- Chendy
12 Days of Xmas: Day 9- Laharanbolt
12 Days of Xmas: Day 10- Yukinerva
12 Days of Xmas: Day 11- Fraxus
On Hold

12 Days of Xmas: Day 12- Luli

568 18 8
By funsized_book_worm

Lisanna has a hopeless crush on Lucy Heartfilia and her scheming older sister decides to meddle

-

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Lisanna set her tray down, longing eyes watching Lucy and Natsu at the far table. Natsu leaned over to whisper something to her and Lucy's mouth dropped, gaping at him in offense. She shoved him playfully and Natsu laughed, Lucy soon joining in, hiding her giggle behind her hand.

The barmaid sighed wistfully, the ache in her chest coming back in full force. She wished she could have that.

"Whatcha sighing about?"

Lisanna jumped, and spun around. Her older sister, Mirajane, walked behind the bar, hands busy wiping a glass, but her blue eyes were fixated on Lisanna.

"Mira!" She exclaimed, a hand over her pounding heart. "You scared me."

Mirajane giggled "I can see that. So wanna tell me what that sigh was about? Somethin' got ya down lil' sis?"

"Oh, um..." Lisanna mouth went dry and she nervously tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Its nothing, I'm fine."

Mirajane narrowed her eyes, setting down the glass she'd been cleaning, full attention on her younger sister. "Your not telling me something."

Lisanna opened her mouth to protest but Mirajane pressed further, stepping closer. "What is it?...A boy?"

Lisanna rolled her eyes. "No, Mira it's not-"

"...or a girl." Mirajane finished, a knowing smirk playing over her lips, her blue eyes sparkling like jewels.

"What?" Lisanna sputtered, backing away, her face flushing. She waved her hands around, trying to banish the idea. "N-no! Don't be ridiculous!"

Mirajane gasped. "I knew it! You have a girl crush!" She ran up to her sister, grabbing her hands in hers. "Who is it? Tell me, tell me, tell me!" Mirajane bounced up a down, like a kindergartener on a sugar rush.

Lisanna scowled, yanking her hands back and stuffing them in her armpits as she crossed her arms. She looked away, her nose in the air. "I'm not telling you."

Mirajane's face fell. "What? Why? You can trust me with your secret!"

Lisanna snorted at that. "Yeah, trust."

"These lips are sealed." Mirajane drew a line across her mouth, and mimed throwing away a key.

"I can't trust you not to meddle in my love life." Lisanna fixed her sister with a look, unamused by the mime act. "Remember what happened last time?"

"Aww come on, Lisanna!" Mirajane put her hands on her hips. "I was just trying to help you."

"Next time don't."

The eldest sister scowled, her cheeks puffing up, she was about to protest her case further but was interrupted by a cheerful blonde.

"Hello, Mirajane!" Lucy greeted, then she spotted Lisanna and brightened. "Oh, and hello, Lisanna! I didn't see you there."

Lisanna blushed, butterflies spawning in her stomach. "H-hi Lucy."

Mirajane mouth dropped as she looked back and forth between Lucy and Lisanna. Oh great, she's caught me, Lisanna inwardly cursed her rotten luck.

Lucy plopped down on a stool, placing a job flier on the counter. "One smoothie to go, please."

Mirajane smiled, but not for the reason Lucy might think. "Another job? Is Erza working you poor dears too hard?" She asked as she fixed the blonde's drink.

Lucy laughed, the sound like tinkling bells, and waved away the barmaid's concerns. "No nothing like that. Rent's almost due so I need some quick jewel. I don't know how Erza and Wendy live somewhere as pricey as Fairy Hills." She took a sip of the drink Mirajane placed in front of her. "Do you two live in Fairy Hills?"

"Nope. We all live together." Mirajane shot Lucy a wink. "If we lived in Fairy Hills poor Elfman would be all alone."

Lucy played along, shaking her head. "Now we can't have that."

"Exactly! Right, Lisanna?"

Lisanna let out a noise similar to a squeak when Lucy's gaze fell upon her, those baby browns stealing the breath from Lisanna's lungs.

Lucy frowned. "Is something wrong, Lisanna?" She leaned in closer, brown eyes concerned. "Are you feeling alright?"

She's so close! Lisanna stomach went into a dizzy at the proximity, the air around her heating up and making her feel faint. 

"My little sister seems to be a little tongue tied." Mirajane grinned like a cat with a canary. "I'm sure she's perfectly swell."

"Y-yeah. I'm okay." Lisanna managed to get out, laughing nervously. "No need to worry, Lucy."

Lucy pursed her lips, but pulled away and Lisanna was able to breath again. "Hmm, if you say so."

"Lucy, come on!" Happy appeared, flying in a circle over their heads. "That rent money isn't gonna earn itself."

Lucy scowled at the exceed, then turned and shot the Strauss sisters an apologetic smile. Lisanna's breath was stolen from her again. "Sorry, I gotta go. This pesky cat won't leave me alone."

"I am not pesky!"

"Bye guys! See ya soon!" Lucy blew kisses then spun around on her heel and ran to the guild entrance where her teammates were waiting.

"Bye!" Lisanna exclaimed, waving goodbye, her cheeks aflame and a god awful smile on her face.

The guild doors shut behind the team. Gone as quick as they'd come.

Mirajane chuckled. "Oh boy, you got it bad."

"I know." Lisanna groaned, head hung in her hands. 

"I could help you." Mirajane mused aloud as she started drying a plate with a towel. "It's Christmas time so all it would take is some well placed mistletoe and..."

Lisanna head snapped up, blue eyes glaring daggers at her older sister. "Don't even think about it." 

"Okay, I won't... sour puss." Mirajane conceded, but little did Lisanna know that she was already concocting a scheme.

-

Fairy Tail's annual Christmas party was in full swing with festive music playing over the Lacrima
and festive food being served by the resident waitresses. Lisanna was one of those waitresses, the other two being Kinana, and her older sister, Mirajane.

The party had a relaxed and happy atmosphere, some were dancing, some were laughing, some were gorging themselves on Christmas candy, everything was in place, except for the presence of Fairy Tail's rowdiest Team.

Lisanna knew that as soon as Team Natsu got here the party would kick in gear, turning from relaxed to crazy.

The barmaid made her rounds, refilling drinks and taking food orders, humming along to each festive song. The routine calmed her and Lisanna was almost in a daze as she completed her familiar patterns, not quite asleep and not quite awake, like a robot.

That all changed when the guild doors were kicked open. Light flooded in around five silhouettes.

"Team Natsu is back!" Natsu yelled, fist pumped in the air and Happy leapt into the air exclaiming his token phrase, aye!

"I never agreed to that name." Gray muttered. Wendy giggled and Erza rolled her eyes at the response that was stereotypical for Gray Fullbuster, their resident day of sunshine.

But Lisanna only had eyes for one person, Lucy. The celestial wizard was chiding Gray about not being a grump while Juvia watched jealousy.

"Welcome back!" Mirajane greeted them with a smile and the five wizards, and two exceeds, beamed right back, choruses of 'Hi Mira' going around.

Natsu and Erza spotted the snack table, full of cookies, brownies, and chocolate dipped strawberries. Their eyes lit up with stars as they raced over, Gray and Wendy following behind and laughing at their enthusiasm. Lucy didn't follow, preoccupied with talking to Mirajane.

"So how did your job go?" Mirajane asked.

"Um..." Lucy bit her lip, eyes looking from side to side as her hand unconsciously tucked a lock of blonde hair behind her ear. "There were some... repercussions."

"Property damage?"

"Yep. Right on the money."

"I guess I just know your team too well," Mirajane winked. "Why don't you go over to Lisanna, she can get you a drink."

Lisanna stalled at the mention of her name, almost spilling the ale she'd been refilling on Wakaba's lap.

"I think I'll do that." Lucy smiled, and Lisanna was frozen to the spot as the woman walked over to her.

"Uh... welcome back Lucy." Lisanna hoped her smile didn't come across as forced, her mind already screaming at her to abandon ship.

"Thanks! So whatcha serving today? Something strong I hope." Lucy joked.

Lisanna snorted, and flipped open her notepad. "We have regular strong and Cana strong. Which would you like?"

"Regular. I don't wanna have to be carried home." Lucy said. "One time was bad enough."

"Smart choice." Lisanna decided not to comment but tucked the little piece of information away in her mind, wondering who had carried a drunken Lucy home. Was it Natsu?

"Hey girls! How's it going!" Mirajane exclaimed, as she approached them, carrying a tray heavy with desserts. Food trays were a lot heavier than people would think and it gave the barmaids of Fairy Tail killer arm muscles.

"Oops!" Mirajane exclaimed as her foot caught on a wooden plank and she tripped, the tray in her hands falling forwards and slinging deserts directly at Lucy and Lisanna.

The pastries hit them with a splat! Lucy taking a pumpkin pie directly to the face while figgy pudding smashed against Lisanna's shoulder, half of it sliding down the wall behind her and the other half sliding down her top, thick and slimy. They were also showered in kettle corn, the pieces tangling in their hair, falling inside their boots, and sticking to the pastry goop smeared on them.

The whole guild went silent. Staring at the two girls, waiting for the volcano to explode. Lucy wiped the cream and pie filling out her eyes, shaking from head to toe with rage.

The scene was so ridiculous, like she was in a circus and just had been comedically pied by a clown. Lisanna couldn't help herself, she burst out laughing. She laughed and laughed, clutching her sides, unable to silence herself.

Lucy could've been offended, most people would, but instead she started to chuckle, wiping her pie caked hands on her shirt. "Just my luck."

Mirajane edged around the crowd, holding the now empty tray up in front of her face, hiding everything but her gleaming blue bell eyes. "Maybe you two should go clean up?" She suggested.

Lucy scowled at Mirajane and at her cream matted hair. "You think?"

Lisanna, however, narrowed her eyes at her sister. What was she plotting? Mirajane only smiled back, and winked at her. Not suspicious at all.

"Bathroom?" Lucy asked and Lisanna blushed to the tips of her ears. She quickly scolded herself, there's no secret promise in this. They're just washing the deserts off. Strictly platonic girl stuff. Homo? What's that? Lisanna didn't know it.

She gulped, trying to stay calm. "Good idea." 

Lucy grabbed her hand and Lisanna blushed again, her body temperature warning at alarming speeds as her brain went into overdrive. She stayed mute as Lucy led them to the girls bathroom at the back of the guild hall. She didn't trust herself to form coherent sentences while she was holding Lucy Heartfilia's hand.

They went into the bathroom, and Lucy turned on the faucet, water gushing out. She wet a paper towel, then handed it to Lisanna. "Here ya go."

"...thanks." Lisanna took the paper towel and started cleaning off her chest. The two fell into silence as they washed the crust and filling off themselves, focused on their task.

"Hey Lisanna." Lucy called. "Do I have any pie on my back?"

Lisanna looked up and saw Lucy's back, bare except for her bra strap. Lisanna's brain overloaded and she squeaked, clapping her hand over her eyes and spinning around. "Lucy you're shirtless!"

"Yeah... how else am I gonna know if I got anything on my back?"

Lisanna shook her head, refusing to turn around. "Still!"

"I won't care if you see my goods, everyone in this guild probably already has." Lucy snorted. "Besides, we're both girls."

Lisanna's stomach sank at that. We're both girls. All hints of romance squashed under the statement. "I guess you're right.." She turned back around, and let her hands drop, but she still refused to meet Lucy's gaze.

Lucy sighed. "I'll put my shirt back on."

"No don't!" Lisanna blurted and Lucy turned to her an eyebrow raised. Lisanna quickly corrected her wording. "I-I mean you don't have to on my account."

"It's fine." Lucy pulled her shirt back over her head, then pulled her hair out of the neckline, the blonde locks falling over her shoulders. "And it's cute how innocent you are."

'You wouldn't say I'm innocent if you knew all the thoughts I had about you.' Lisanna replies silently, but didn't dare speak it aloud. God no, that would be mortifying.

Lucy went back over to the sink, examining her face in the mirror.

"Did you get all the pie off?" Lisanna asked.

"I think so..."

Lisanna took a step forwards, standing next to Lucy at the other sink, staring down at the smooth ivory bowl. "I wanna apologize for my sister's..." meddling, her mind said. "Clumsiness." Lisanna said aloud.

"Honestly I'm surprised more Natsu wasn't the one who pied me." Lucy shook her head, laughing at herself. "He's a piece of work."

"This whole guild is a piece of work," Lisanna forced out a laugh, trying to ease the razor sharp tension. "but I love it all the same. I couldn't imagine a life without Fairy Tail." And I couldn't imagine a life without you. She added silently, only brave enough to look at Lucy's reflection and not her actual self.

Lucy smiled. "Same here. I love Fairy Tail, and everyone in it."

"Even me?" Lisanna said it like a joke, but she actually meant it. She'd heard what people gossiped about, read what the news tabloid said, about how now that Lisanna was back Lucy had competition for Natsu. Little did they know that Natsu was the one who had competition for Lucy.

"Of course!" Lucy shut off the sink, and turned to face Lisanna, big brown eyes honest and sincere. "People might make us out to be enemies, because apparently we're fighting over Natsu." Lucy snorted at the idea and Lisanna let out a little giggle herself. "...but I'd like to prove them wrong and become good friends."

"Yeah." Lisanna's heart and stomach fluttered, butteries galore. "Friends."

"Best friends," Lucy linked their pinky fingers, her golden aura as bright as a shining star. Lucy was amazing, she brought light and joy everywhere she went, and no matter what people threw at her, how cruel they could be, she still cared. Lucy wasn't just amazing, she was breathtaking.

Lisanna unconsciously licked her lips, her stomach a mess of knots. "Does Levy have competition now?"

Lucy threw her head back, laughing, and Lisanna laughed with her. The tension between them breaking away with each bout of giggles, and strengthening their bond, hands soft and warm.

They strode out the bathroom together, pinkies linked and skin shining with the water they'd just cleansed themselves with. They must've looked stunning because as soon as they walked out the whole guild turned around, dozens of states focused on them.

"What are you guys staring at?" Lucy demanded, quick to annoyance like always.

Mirajane giggled, and pointed at something above their heads. The two girls looked up and saw a bundle of leaves hanging from the bathroom door frame. Mistletoe.

Lisanna eyes burned into Mirajane. Demon schemer.

Mirajane giggled again, and ducked behind Elfman, her scheming eyes watching them over her brother's shoulder. "You know the rules, girls! Pucker up!"

The whole guild cheered and both girls blushed pink. Lisanna inwardly cursed her meddling sister and the mistletoe tradition. 'Had Mirajane gotten the whole guild in on her scheme? What happened to my lips are sealed?'

"Well here goes nothing." Lucy muttered under her breath, then turned to Lisanna, grabbing her by the shoulders. "Lisanna I like you."

"W-what?" Lisanna sputtered, not sure if she'd heard that right. There was no way Lucy Heartfilia actually liked her back.

Lucy wasn't deterred, she continued on, determination evident on her face. "I like you, your kind and sweet and pretty and you're takeovers are cute, but badass at the same time and if that's not goals I don't know what is." Lucy took a deep breath, winded after saying all that, her cheeks rosy.

"I like you too." Lisanna said, and before she could lose her courage she grabbed Lucy's face in her hands and kissed her.

Then the guild exploded. People cheered and whooped. Lisanna swore she heard Elfman sobbing about how his little sister was all grown up. Big ol' sap.

Lisanna broke the kiss, looking down at the floor, shifting her weight from foot to foot. "H-how was that?"

"Hmm, I think I want to do it again." Lucy wrapped her arms around Lisanna and dipped her, kissing her senseless.

The guild cheered even louder. Someone yelling for Lucy to 'get it girl!' That someone was Cana, to nobody's surprise.

Eventually they had to come up for air, and their lips parted from each other.

"Wow." Lisanna breathed, feeling lightheaded.

"That good?" Lucy chuckled and swung Lisanna back up into a straight standing position.

"Amazing." Lisanna swayed on her feet. Half dizzy from the blood that had rushed to her head, and half dizzy from the passionate kiss Lucy had planted on her. She would definitely he doing that again.

"Yeah!" Natsu from atop a table, then he jumped into the air. "Party!" He landed back down and the table wobbled beneath.

"Careful!" Lisanna cried, wringing her hands. "You're gonna fall.

Lucy had a whole different kind of reaction. "Natsu Dragneel! You get down from there this instant!" She ordered. Natsu just grinned, and jumped up again, laughing maniacally at the way the table wobbled beneath him. "NATSU!" Lucy snapped.

"Fine!" He groaned, and climbed down, mumbling about how they were no fun.

Gray snickered. "Looks like you've got lesbian moms."

"What?" Natsu blinked, while the 'lesbian moms' blushed and sputtered.

"Nevermind." Gray rolled his eyes. "You're hopeless."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Lisanna leaned over to whisper to Lucy. "I ship it."

"Should we put mistletoe on the boys restroom door?" Lucy asked innocently and Lisanna giggled into the blonde's shoulder.

"Aww look at you two, already acting like a couple." Mirajane giggled, gliding up to the pair like a pageant queen.

"Mira." Lisanna growled, and stepped away from Lucy, her fists clenched. "I have a bone to pick with you."

Mirajane put her hands up, backing away at the hostile tone. "Come on Lisanna, I know you told me not to meddle..."

"That's right." Lisanna said, every part of her deathly still except for her shaking fists.

"...but you two would be sooo cute together and I couldn't help myself! Besides it all worked out in the end. Another couple thanks to my expert matchmaking!" Mirajane proclaimed proudly, a thumb jabbed at her chest.

"You told the whole guild about my feelings for Lucy after you promised not too!" Lisanna yelled, full of hot headed fury. "What happened to 'my lips are sealed'?"

"Um..." Mirajane backed away a step, eyes darting for a place to escape her little sister's wrath. Mirajane could kick her ass any day but Lisanna knew she wouldn't, and besides, a little vengeance could hurt.

Lucy whooped. "Yeah! You go after her babe!" Then she paused, frowning. "Wait, can I call you babe?"

Lisanna flushed and stammered. "S-sure."

"Aww!" Mirajane exclaimed and the last of Lisanna's restraint snapped. She screeched and lunged at her sister, Lucy cheering her on.

Somehow all of Fairy Tail's parties always ended in a brawl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 1.1K 71
One shots and small stories about my fave ships! Gratsu/Natray, Stingue, Fraxus, and others!? Enjoy!?
75.1K 1.4K 35
I wrote this so long ago, the writing is absolutely atrocious. Don't worry, I cringed enough for the both of us after reading these. I don't write ma...
3.3K 53 21
This is basically just fairytail couple oneshots I ship. You may request anything you want. I do not own fairytail all rights to the characters belo...
1.7K 117 147
[PLEASE READ ALL OF THE CHAPTERS AND LOVE STORIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER (no skipping anything)] This collection features imaginative love stories ce...