Play Me | ✓

By AmoraNext

Being weak is an act, loving is a sin & losing is forbidden. One decision. One wrong move. Life is a game w... More

All Rights Reserved
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13: Part One
Chapter 13: Part Two
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: Part One
Chapter 31: Part Two
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue

Chapter 21

22.9K 680 246
By AmoraNext

"... I'm a new soul I came to this strange world Hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take..."
~ Jay-Z

......

My whole body feels heavy as I feel the warm blanket draped over my body, but I can't ignore the nauseous feeling inside of me. When I feel the burning acid making it's way up through my throat, I get up from the bed and run to the bathroom ignoring the fact that Kai was sleeping next to my bed with his hand in mine just a few seconds ago.

I lift up the toilet seat and vomit. My eyes water as I puke out the contents from yesterday.

Fuck, what happened last night?

I kneel down onto the bathroom floor, next to the toilet, as I continue to puke. After I'm done, I flush the toilet and walk over to the sink.

My eyes are a light shade of red and my hair is slightly damp smelling of my green tea and cucumber shampoo.

Did I shower last night?

To get rid of the nasty taste in my mouth, I take my mouthwash and rinse it out. Hoping it helps get rid of the tiredness, I wash my face with cold water. When I walk over to my rack to grab my towel, I step on clothes. Confused, I grab the towel and dry my face.

My jaw drops to the ground at what comes in sight; my bra and under wear on the bathroom floor along with Kai's shirt. Dropping my head allows my eyes to spot the blood dripping down from between my legs below the loose shirt that fell only mid-thigh. Underneath, I'm bare.

A sickening feeling takes over my body followed by painful cramps in my lower back.

Any sane person would think what I'm thinking right now: did I have drunk sex with Kai last night? From the looks of it, yes, but that wouldn't explain the bleeding. I'm not a virgin, so there shouldn't have been blood.

Knowing that it's most likely my period, I quickly slip on a tampon after taking a quick shower and throwing the clothes, on the floor, in the laundry basket.

Whatever happened last night, I know Kai will explain it. Whether or not we had sex, nothing is going to change between us – at least, not from my side.

I wrap the white towel around my body and exit the bathroom. Kai is no longer in my room, but the mess on my bed, still remains. My mind can't take the endless thoughts running through it about what happened last night.

Maybe Kai and I both got drunk and he couldn't walk to his room so he slept on the floor next to my bed. Or we had sex, and he's going to use it against me for the rest of my life...

Oh god, I haven't had sex since I left Nick and him being the last person I had sex with makes things way more awkward, because I just had sex with his younger brother.

Why me? Out of all the people in the universe, why did I have to screw up the most last night.

Calm down,  Summer. What if you're just over thinking and none of that actually happened?

I take a deep breath, heading over to my closet. There really is no need to over think about last night, I'm sure Kai is going to explain everything – I hope.

Quickly, I grab a pair of ripped jeans and a light pink hoodie. Before heading down, I dry my hair and fix it into a side fishtail braid. I look presentable which is the exact opposite of what I would've said an hour ago.

No one comes in sight as I walk down to the kitchen. Once I enter the kitchen, I'm met with the delicious smell of eggs and bacon. Kai stands by the stove supporting a lousy outfit consisted of a black t-shirt and grey sweats.

Even then, his body doesn't fail to impress. Is there anything he could wear and look bad in? No. I can't believe a guy with such a trashy personality has a drool worthy body, what a waste.

I don't know why, but I stand still at under the door frame. My feet won't budge. As my heart increases its beat, I know for the first time ever that I'm scared of Kai and he hasn't even done anything. Pulling out some courage, I take a step forward.

Instantly, he speaks,"Thought you were just going to stand there all day and devour me up with your eyes."

I clear my throat stalling time. I don't know what to say, all I can think of is last night.

Did we have sex?

As soon as I think that I'm back in reality, I spot a smile displayed on Kai's face.

"What's so funny?" I ask curiously.

"We didn't have sex," his words send relief. It's like I can finally start breathing again without feeling guilty.

Wait, how'd he know I was thinking about that?

"Because you talk out loud when you think sometimes," he replies as he scoops out the bacon into two plates. He carries them to the dining table leaving me speechless.

Do I actually think out loud? Man, that's not good.

"I agree," Kai says with amusement lacing his words.

I roll my eyes in annoyance searching for a painkiller. I find some Tylenol and take one before taking a seat in front of Kai on the table. Hungry, I drag the second plate of breakfast closer to myself and start eating.

"Can you just tell me what happened last night?"

"Now, what fun would that be?" he mocks.

"I'm serious," I deadpan.

"And I am too. If you're so hell bound on being conscious and aware, then maybe drinking your ass off isn't really a thing you should be doing," he suggests.

"I don't. If you haven't noticed, I stay away from drinking. The only reason I got carried away was because I knew you could've pulled away a cigarette from me but you can't take the alcohol out of my system. I needed insurance and that was it."

"Watch your tone, Summer."

How is he even serious right now? Impulsively, I stand up and the chair falls down in a loud thud.

"I'm not going to watch my tone! All I'm asking for is an explanation, not a fucking lesson from a guy who kills for a living."

He gets up and strides his way over to me. In a split second, he's towered over me with his dark eyes digging holes through my skull. Stubborn, I keep my eyes glued to his.

"What makes you think that I owe you any explanations?" he questions. His calmness is deadly, in a way I can't explain.

"I did your dirty work for you last night."

"It's your job and from the looks of it, it wasn't your first time doing someone else's dirty work for them," he states.

"What the fuck is that suppose to mean?"

"That the birth mark on your left breast is quite interesting," a devil-like grin takes over his face.

"We did not," I state.

"Oh, we did Summer. And you wanna know the most shocking part of it all?" I take slow steps back trying to keep distance. The universe isn't in my favour as I feel the wall behind me. Not taking any chances, Kai's arms fly up caging me in them.

I'm trapped.

"What's wrong, Summer? Do you not wanna hear how you begged me to make you cum last night or how loud you were yelling my name when you did? You enjoyed every second of it, Summer." His index finger makes it's way to my chin and he forces me to look up into his eyes. "What's wrong? Did you just realize your mistake? That you had sex with the guy who ruined your life? The guy who wiped your family's existence off the globe?"

He's lying. He has to be. He would never fuck me and I would never fuck him. I know it. There's no way what he's saying is true. There's just no fucking way. I don't believe him.

"You wouldn't fuck me," I state. "Not in a million years. I don't know why you're saying what you are, but one thing I know for damn sure is that you would not fuck me."

A slight chuckle escapes his lips. His eyes close in defeat, "You caught me, we never had sex."

"Then why did you say that we did?" My anger is awakened. He just loves playing with my emotions, doesn't he?

"The look on your face was too priceless to give up. But you know what I find so weird, how your emotions never seem to make their way through your eyes. It's haunting in way, I've never crossed paths with someone who possess such a skill."

I'm not sure if I should be scared or happy at his compliment. He's been too inquisitive lately, sending me on the edge.

"If only that were the subject, I'd actually say thank you," I reply. "Tell me what happened last night?"

"What do you think happened?" he questions and then answers, "I already know, so never mind. I'll tell you what happened on one condition only. No further questions are asked about it."

I nod.

"Good," he moves back and I finally take a deep breath. All though I liked him not being in my my space, I still miss the warm feeling that came with being so close. "You got drunk, wanted to go skinny dipping, pulled me into the damn ocean with you, got really horny and then went to bed after I bathed you."

He turns around to face me with no emotion on his face, "Now get ready, I have a problem I'm handing over to you today."

With that, he walks out.

What the actual fuck.

......

It's just Kai and I alone in a car. After the whole charade in the morning, we didn't see each other until an hour ago when he came to my room telling me it was time to go.

The whole day was boring to say the least. I did nothing but read a book. It was interesting, but I'd rather be doing something more exciting. I guess I'm just used to the adrenaline.

Cole and Alec were also not seen the whole day. I even searched throughout the house for them, but they never came in sight. I wonder what they were up to. Unlike Kai, I feel like Alec would tell me if we see each other tomorrow.

The car comes to a gradual stop pulling me back to reality. Kai exits the car and I do the same walking into a house which looks normal from the outside.

Inside, is a whole other story. We enter, greeted by a dark hallway with a dozen doors. Each room has a dirty mattress, ripped blanket and a boarded window.

The smell is the worst. It smells like cunt mixed with smoke and liquor. I wipe my eyes as the stench made them watery.

"What the fuck are we doing here?" I question. I groan when I hit Kai's hard back. I swear, I'm going to have enough of it one day and just keep feeding him sugary food just so his skin can get soft.

"This," he points out to a bunch of girls in the living room. All of them are dressed in fancy dresses that covered nothing but their boobs and asses - barely.

"What about them?"

"They were a part of our business. They have no where to go now that it's shutdown," Kai explains.

"And where do I come into this?"

"This is all because of you, so you deal with them."

I roll my eyes at his stupid excuse. As if getting ready to give a speech, I clear my throat and clap my hands together, "Okay everyone, listen up. I'm not introducing myself because that's not important, what's important is the fact that all of you are free. You can do what you dreamed of doing before you were forced into this shit. If your family doesn't want you, then you don't need them, find yourselves a decent job and make yourselves independent. Show all the men out there that you're not an easy fuck, that you are not who you were, but someone better. All of you have the potential to do so, and I know it's scary because you probably haven't been out much, but I will tell you from personal experience, that it is so worth it. Give yourselves the chance you know you deserved much longer than a day ago. I beg you to do it for yourselves."

I end off with a big sigh. My eyes travel across the various girls. It's sad to see that all of them once had a brighter future that they would've done anything for, but are too scared to even try to go for it today.

"Please live your lives. If you go out today and you see me around in the future and you tell me how wonderful your life is, then maybe I'll live my life in those few moments. I was never given the chance you guys are being given, and I'll never get it either, that's just me. You have something I'll never get, so please don't make the mistake of turning it down."

"We want to go," a girl speaks. "But we don't have money. The little we earned is not enough."

"Then I'll help you out. I have some extra money laying around and I've never known what to do with it, I can give it to you guys in under one condition: use it for a good cause, not drugs or men."

"We promise," her voice held a longing sorrow. All of the girls smile as a thank you.

I smile back, "Get your things ready, I'll transfer some money into an account and hand you the information."

I turn around and find Kai leaning in the doorway with a hint of awe in his eyes. My lips stretch at an unwanted smile.

Is Kai actually impressed?

I shake my head. He would never admit it. We start walking to the car, "Where'd you get money from, Verano?"

My eyebrows raise in question. What did he just call me? I take a seat in the passenger's seat.

"What did you just call me?"

"Verano," the word rolls out perfectly on his tongue. I haven't come across it much, but I could tell the word was pronounced with a Spanish accent. I never knew the Knight's know Spanish, it's probably just Kai.

"What does that mean?"

"There's no fun if you know," his childish reply is much more annoying than I let on.

"Fine then. My adoptive parents had a savings account for me," I lie. The money is actually from my real father. I've never used it, but hopefully it has money in it or else I'm screwed.

In less than half an hour, we're at the bank. Kai decides to wait outside and I internally thank him for his decision before heading in. Luckily, Alice had packed my license in my suitcase so I have my ID.

I go up to the clerk, "Can I transfer some money into another account?"

"Yeah," he smiles. "Do you have your card?"

"Yeah," I say handing him the card.

"ID."

His eyes traces over the screen and he types some things in before he asks, "How much would you like to transfer Ms. White?"

"Twenty five percent," I reply.

"Ohkay," he seems shocked. I wonder how much money that actually is.

"Which account would you like to transfer it into?"

I tell him the number to the account my adoptive parents opened for me. After a few more minutes, he hands me a receipt.

"Thank you."

"Have a good day," he replies. I exit the building and check the receipt which stated that two point five million dollars had been transferred over.

I scrunch it up and throw it in the recycling before heading to Kai's car.

"Done?" he asks.

"Done."

......

I handed the card to the girls and they've decided to move into two separate basements around town.

I was quite happy to know that I could help. Even then, it's only because Kai let me.

"Thanks."

"For what?" Kai questions as he drives. It's only around eleven pm and the roads were almost empty.

"For letting me help them. I kind of expected you to just have thrown them out," I admit.

"I only did it because I thought you were going to get annoyed and not handle the situation as smoothly as you did."

God, can he not take a damn thank you?

"A simple 'you're welcome' would suffice."

"Maybe you should stop trying to turn me into a hero," he suggests.

"I'm n-" Kai cuts me off.

"You are. Stop being an optimist. I'm not good and neither is your life. The sooner you understand that, the better." I'm not given a chance to reply as Kai roughly steps on the breaks. The car skids forward and I yelp in surprise when my forehead meets the dash board.

"Fuck, you better have a good explanation for doing that," I groan. My fingers gently tap the sore spot and I'm happy to know there's no bleeding.

Unfocused, a tap on my window makes me jump out of my seat. When I look out, I find myself facing a new face. Confused, I look at the road in front of us. There's a bunch of men blocking the road. Many of which hide guns under their waist bands and look like they belong to a well known gang.

"Step out, Kai Black. We need to have a chat," the man speaks.

I look back at Kai. His expression is hidden under the sky's darkness.

"Do as you're told and keep your mouth shut," he warns me.

What are we getting ourselves into?

A/N:

Ivy: I updated... Yaay! Exams are in a week so most likely there won't be another update for 14 days at least... I think):

Other than that, how'd you like this chapter? What do you thinks going to happen next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 263K 36
"Don't touch me" He said through gritted teeth, "I don't know what I'll do if you touch me" My heart dropped. "I don't want to see you like this" I...
352K 15.4K 166
Naruto has always had video games to fall back on growing up while the rest of the village pretty much treated him like garbage. What happens when Na...
163K 3.7K 28
𝐎𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐠𝐞, 𝐘/𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫...
24.2K 3K 24
U+Z ဒီနေ့မင်းလွင် + ဒီယောရာဇာဓိရာဇ်