Play Me | ✓

By AmoraNext

Being weak is an act, loving is a sin & losing is forbidden. One decision. One wrong move. Life is a game w... More

All Rights Reserved
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13: Part One
Chapter 13: Part Two
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: Part One
Chapter 31: Part Two
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue

Chapter 20

22.2K 772 503
By AmoraNext

"... Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up. We ain't even gonna make it to this club. Now my mascara runnin', red lipstick smudged. Oh he so horny, yeah he want to fuck..."
~ Beyonce

......

I watch as Summer devours liquor out of the seventh cup. Luckily, it was the last one on the table and she decides to move on.

Preparing myself for what's to come, I decide to take a shot before I follow her stumbling-self, out. Alec and Cole left the party leaving me to babysitt her as they try to gather information using the chip Summer so easily stole.

My dislike for her doesn't outwin the fact that she proved herself tonight by performing her task without a single flaw. She definitely deserves the recognition. I never doubted her experience, for even a minute. What I doubt are her intentions.

When I exit the party tent, I spot Summer making her way down to the shore line. I keep a slow pace behind her lurking behind her as she has difficulty walking in a straight line. When she passes someone's beach chair, her hand slides across the surface of it and closes in a fist.

Curiousness takes over me.

What did she just grab?

I continue following her.

Why would Summer make deals with me that benefit her in no way? From the start, she's been trying to get into my gang and I can't figure out why. I've done many things to break her mentally, physically, and even emotionally, but nothing works.

I see parts of myself in her. When I used to be naive just like how she is now. I worked myself out of it. Her being naive is my vantage point, she lets a lot slip when she shows off her skills. For instance, I watched the security surveillance of her shooting this morning which was outstanding. She was fast and efficient until she attempted to shoot the disks.

Her trainer clearly didn't push her hard enough because with a little nudge, she can shoot those with ease. From the looks of it, she gave up and took on knives instead.

I have no doubt that she's more comfortable and more experienced with knives. The first time she used one was at school when Cole was about to shoot Alice. I ignored her throw that day blaming it on the adrenaline taking over, but I was proven wrong when she used a knife to kill my dealer. She also supported her great skills by showing no hesitation when killing the son of one of our rival gangs at the ball.

She's a puzzle in progress for me. Every minute of the day, I spend thinking about all the reasons why she does what she does or who she could be. Sometimes I feel like killing her is the only way to get rid of this problem, but that'd be the easy way out. I'm not structured that way, I don't think I'll kill her until she's fully recognized as a threat to my gang.

"Hey, youuuu!" Summer slurs at me as I approach her on the dock. In her hands, is a lit cigarette.

So it was a lighter she stole.

A few feet away, I stand staring at her. Her long, blonde hair blows in her face as the winter wind picks up. In an effort of regaining her vision, she pulls her hair away from her face and almost falls back into the water. On impulse, I take a big step forward and grab onto her wrist pull her into me. She lets out an unpleasant grunt and curses when she hits my chest.

"Are you Iron Man?" Summer questions. I raise my eyebrows. This girl if fucking hammered. "Now, don't raise your eyebrows at me. I asked you a question mister. I mean, have you never felt your own chest? It is soooooooo damn hard and every time you pull me into it, I feel like you only do it so that it'll crush my skull and I'll die."

Her bottom lip purses out like a child's. I remain quiet standing a few inches away with a poker face.

"Okay then Mr. Cranky Pants, I'm just gonna take two steps back and smoke this sucker. Even with three boys around, this is the only thing I can get my mouth around."

She turns her back to me. I can't help but admire that well rounded ass and how perfectly it fits into the high-waisted jean shorts.

Summer is a handmade sculpture with not a single flaw with how her body curves. Her personality along with her curved figure is every man's desire.

"Summer?"

"Mm-hm?"

"You just volunteered to suck me."

"Really? Nah. I'm drunk, not stupid."

"Apparently you're both," I reply amused. "Now drop that, and let's go. You've partied enough for one night."

I walk up closer, behind her. I try to get a grip on her wrist, but she turns around to face me hiding the cigarette behind her back. Her eyes were full of sorrow.

"Do you know what I see when I look at the moon?" I remain silent not being able to understand how, all of sudden, her mood dropped so drastically.

"I see your eyes. Dominating and ruthless grey eyes. It kills me on the inside, because the night was my favourite. Quiet and safe, but you ruined it... just like everything else," she whispers the last bit. She inserts the stick into her mouth and inhales. Exhaling, the cloud of smoke comes out towards me.

I close my eyes and take in the smell. This was the same poison I pledged that would never enter my lungs through a cigarette in my mouth. When the smell drifts away and the salty scent of the ocean takes over, a feeling of yearning washes over me. A billion times, I've tried to keep this girl away from smoking, but she just won't quit. And every time she smokes, it makes me want to do the same.

Remembering why I stopped, my hands fist in anger. I open my eyes to find Summer's back towards me. She holds her cigarette at her side as she stares off at the dark sea.

"OH. MY. GOSH," she spins around with excitement lacing her tone. "You know what I've always wanted to do?"

I wait for her to continue. Who knows what she's thinking of doing in this state?

"Skinny dipping," she grins. Immediately, she turns around and starts stripping.

"Hey, no. No one's going skinny dipping tonight," I scold. Summer shoves her crop top into my chest and I clench my jaw as she continues to take off her shorts. "Summer, it's zero degrees outside. Stop being stupid."

"Gosh, loosen up a bit," she huffs. Having enough of her behaviour, I take a hold of both her wrists.

"I am not going to be responsible for telling you about all the nonsense you're about to pull, so stop being stubborn and get your clothes back on. We're going home," I state sternly. Summer stares at me with a pout.

"Please?"

"No," I state. God, this girl is so damn annoying.

"Fine," she says. A sigh of relief escapes my lips and my body loses its tension. This was a wrong move on my part because Summer uses the moment to move back pulling me down in the water with her.

The numbing water collapses over my body and the air is sucked out of my lungs. My legs start kicking and in less than five seconds, my head splits open the surface of the water. Breathing heavily, I wipe off the water from my face and find Summer smiling, swimming only a few feet away from.

"I'm so fucking done with you," I groan. A cloud of fog releases from my mouth as I speak.

"Oh, okay i-it's c-colder than I-I thought i-it was going t-to be," her teeth chatter.

"Fuck," I groan as the cold gets unbearable. "I'm heading home and I'm not dealing with y-you anymore."

I start swimming towards the shore without looking back at her. Once I reach the sand, I start to shiver as the wind mixes in with the cold water soaking my body.

I wipe off my face and wave my hand through my wet hair. When I hear wolf whistles from a couple of college guys on the beach, I turn around. A smile stretches out on my face when I spot Summer walking towards me while flipping off the guys.

I take off my jacket and wrap it around her. It covers most of her because she's much smaller compared to me. As we walk back to my car, our bodies beg for heat shivering under the effects of the freezing whether.

We both take a seat in my car and I crank the heat. Summer on the other hand, cranks the radio.

"Who run the world? Girls! Who run this motha? Girls! Who run the world? Girls! Some of them men think they freak this like we do-" Summer sings.

"-But no they don't. Make your check come at they neck, disrespect us no they won't. Boy don't even try to touch this. Boy this beat is crazy. This is how they made me. Houston Texas baby. This goes out to all my gi-," I turn off the radio not being able to handle more. Summer being her, turns it on again switching stations.

"Driver roll up the partition please. Driver roll up the partition please. I don't need you seeing Summer on her knees-" Summer starts singing. Her eyes, full of mischief as she bites her bottom lip making sure that I can see. Before I can resist, she climbs over taking a seat on my lap.

"-Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up. We ain't even gonna make it to this club. Now my mascara runnin', red lipstick smudged. Oh he so horny, yeah he want to fuck. He popped all my buttons and he ripped my blouse. He Monica Luwinski'd all on my gown-" she starts taking off my jacket revealing her maroon laced bra.

Fuck.

Her tits in my face, I try to focus on her face.

My hands grab at her waist as she grinds herself on me.

"-Whoa dere daddy, daddy didn't bring a towel Oh, baby, baby we better slow it down. Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up, and we ain't even gonna make it to this cl-" when I feel myself getting hard, I turn off the radio.

I squeeze her waist and she squeals getting off of me. When she's sat on her seat, she notices the bulge in my pants and smirks.

"Oh, that's not good. Maybe you should do something about that," she comments. I clench my jaw and grip the wheel tightly.

I hate this fucking girl.

She's such a fucking tease.

She knows she's drunk.

I'm not gonna have sex with her.

Without another word, I turn on the ignition and drive on full speed trying to forget about the throbbing in my pants.

......

We're home in less than an hour. I look over to Summer who's sleeping. I step out and walk over to her side. Bugging her to get her to wake up, would be useless so I don't even bother. Instead, I slip my arm behind her back and the other, under her knees lifting her up and out.
I kick the door shut with my foot.

She's pretty light for a girl her age and most of her weight is pure muscle which is impressing. I look down at her calm face. Never have I seen her so calm unless she's sleeping. This makes me wonder what goes in her head all day that the look of worry never leaves her face.

I'm glad that she finds peace in her sleep unlike me who feels like I was never granted any at all.

I kick open her door and take her to the bath. I set her down in a sitting position as her eyes flutter open.

"What are you doing?" she groans tiredly. I strip her of my jacket and her undergarments. Needless to say, I've seen many girls naked so seeing her like this isn't awkward for me. The fact that we're not fucking, is. Other than tonight, I don't think I've had these many sexual tensions because of Summer which is very disturbing.

She's an asset that's all.

I would never fuck her.

Right?

I mean she's hot, but she's just not my type. Our personalities clash way too much for anything to ever work out between us.

"Clearly, giving you a bath," I state nonchalantly. Running the warm water, I add some soap as well. When the bath fills to the top, I turn off the tap. Before washing Summer's hair, I take off my drenched shirt. After that, I take a seat behind Summer with my legs inside the water on either side of her.

Her head between my legs, I take the shampoo and lather it in her hair. She lies still while I massage her head.

I don't why I'm doing this. I mean, I hate her. At least, I know I should. She killed my gang's main dealer and screwed up my life. Everyone's scared of me. If she were too, she wouldn't be here today and neither would I. Ever since she's come into my life, I can't make decisions properly; my gangs changed drastically.

For fucks sakes, I just shut down our camps. Money from there was counted in millions, but no, I just shut them down because of one girl's word. I have a lot riding on her, so she better live up to them.

I rinse the shampoo from her hair. When I look down at her head in my lap, tears draining down from the sides of her eyelids catch my attention.

"Summer?"

"Mm?" she sniffs.

"Why are you crying?"

"I really don't know," she whispers back. Her eyes open, revealing them to be a deep shade of red.

Is she on her period or something, her moods been way off tonight.

Worried that she needs rest, I climb out of the tub and drain the water. I grab a clean towel from the cupboard and wrap it around her as I help her out of the tub.

She takes a seat on her bed as I go through her closet. I grab her a long shirt – something I know she feels comfortable in – and put it on her. The whole time, her eyes trace my every move. It seems like her eyes are full of admiration, but who am I to speak? I can never tell emotions apart. They all seem the same to me.

"Thank you," she whispers as I tuck her into bed. Her heavy lids close over her eyes and I wipe away her tears.

"Who are you?" I question hoping she's still awake.

"A mistake," her lips form the words with only a slight whisper to support them.

So that's what she thinks she is. One thing for sure, she's a great mistake. I don't think I would ever find as many skills in any other girl than her. Minus the fact that she doesn't know basic skills like cooking, she's an asset I would never afford to lose.

Pain plays a huge part in her life and that's a fact. All I wanna know is where it actually started from. This girl is hiding something and I won't stop until I find out exactly what it is that she's hiding.

A/N:

Ivy: How was this chapter? It was a little light hearted compared to the rest which I love! How do you like it in Kai's POV?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 4.6K 143
Austin was a kid that loved to watch Anime, especially Pokemon. Annoyed at how the series was going after Sinnoh, he fell asleep before waking up, so...
36.6K 2K 22
Pluto thai gl novel မြန်မာဘာသာပြန်
349K 15.3K 166
Naruto has always had video games to fall back on growing up while the rest of the village pretty much treated him like garbage. What happens when Na...