Play Me | ✓

By AmoraNext

Being weak is an act, loving is a sin & losing is forbidden. One decision. One wrong move. Life is a game w... More

All Rights Reserved
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13: Part One
Chapter 13: Part Two
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: Part One
Chapter 31: Part Two
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue

Chapter 14

25.8K 786 178
By AmoraNext

"One cannot plan for the unexpected."
~ Unknown

......

"Deal," Kai responds, calmly. "Stay after the party, I'll take you to your new home." 

Before I can respond, another voice fills the silence, "Hello brother."

The familiar voice makes the hair on the back of my neck, stand on their ends. I look to the side, past Kai, and spot a smirk I hoped never to see again.

His short black hair is disheveled. Baby hair, falls on his forehead past his simple black mask. The black tux kisses his muscular frame. As I scan him, my eyes reach his eyes just as his reach mine.

The slight eye contact frightens me and I immediately avert my gaze. Seeing the two together, I feel foolish not recognizing Kai as Nick's brother when I first met him.

I watch as Kai's eyes turn black just before turning around to face his brother. His back blocks my view. In a way, I feel protected, but I know I can't stand behind someone in fear from the past.

So I take a step to the right, and stand next to Kai. Nick's eyes travel along my body's structure as he takes slow steps towards me. Stood only two feet away, like a gentlemen, he takes my right hand and kisses the back of it.

"Such a pleasure, to meet the woman in black."

My heart seems to be beating at an abnormal pace. The night feels like it's getting colder and Nick's eyes seem to be curiously waiting for a response. "For what it's worth, I only meet the people I want to. You just happened to have walked in, on our meeting."

Nick lets out a slight chuckle and faces Kai, "Your taste in women never fails to impress."

"But your timing, always does," Kai responds in monotone.

Before Kai can say my name, I excuse myself, "I'll leave you two to it, we can continue our conversation later."

Kai gives me a slight nod in response and I silently walk past Nick. I leave my past and my present behind me entering the party once again.

The goosebumps covering my body have gone unnoticed until now. Everything changed about me the second I heard Nick's voice. He still has that effect on me. The fear is buried inside of me and that is something I can't even deny. Maybe it's a good thing. A reminder to never let anyone treat me the way he did.

I take a glass of red wine off of the waiter's tray on my way to the side. Standing on the edge, I can see everything the people on the inside can't. Like this one guy dancing with another girl, but his eyes constantly meet with another's, or the way a man slips a card out of another man's pocket while hugging.

To think that these people created this ball, so for one night, there'd be no killings but missed the fact that this was the one night everyone is at their weakest. I can't help but feel pity for those who came here thinking that they'd be safe. This whole ball is a big fat lie that should've ended a long time ago. I wonder why it still goes on? Are people actually too stupid to realize what's right in front of their eyes?

"I see you," Dean says, taking a stand next to me. I don't respond. I'm really not in the mood to talk.

"Not in the mood to talk, I see. Lucky for you, all you have to do is listen. You're an observer. Observing the tiniest details of everyone here tonight, you're missing the bigger picture. Listen carefully," he instructs, and I do as I'm told.

Guess who showed up tonight? I hear a female voice from behind me.

Who?

The White Dragons. They've been awol for two years now. Ever since they're youngest was kidnapped, no one has seen them until today.

Do you think they're planning something?

You don't just show up to the party that's being held by their worst enemy's younger brother without having a plan, now do you?

"No we don't," Dean responds. I stay silent, waiting for him to conclude his thoughts. "I spotted you talking to Kai on the balcony."

"And now you think I might be his weak spot." I turn around and face him. A cynical smile appears on my face, "Instead of looking for someone else's weak points, you should look for your own. Improve yourself and everything will work out. That's one thing I can guarantee you."

"And where do you think I should start?"

"Go back and fix your mistakes, maybe you'll find something you thought you've lost forever," I state. When I don't receive a response, I finish off my drink and leave the empty glass on an empty tray in the hands of a waiter passing by.

I'm about to leave when I'm stopped by three other men who I recognize as Anthony, Vincent, and my father.

"Mind my youngest, he can be unprofessional at times."

"Mind me, but I have no interest in talking to a gang not worth of my time," I say, mostly looking at Vincent. Even under his mask, the forming creases around his face give him away.

I try to step to the side to leave, but his voice stops me, "It'd be in your best interest to stay."

"You don't know what's in my best interest. You never did," I whisper the last part to myself.

"Is there a problem here?" Kai walks into the conversation standing next to me. My family remains silent.

"No," I reply.

"Well, it was nice of you all to show up." Kai continues, "The meeting is starting upstairs."

With that, they take their leave and I stay.

"What was that?"

"They wanted to talk," I reply.

"We have bad history. Don't make things worse with them," he states.

"Why do you care? Not like they have anything to offer."

Kai has no right telling me how, and how not to talk to my own family.

"I have my own reasons and how would you know that they have nothing to offer me?" he questions.

"Keep your reasons to yourself. I treat people the way I want to. I work for you, that's about it. Everything else, you stay out of. And let's just say, I was born a mystery."

"I don't know what just crawled under your skin, but if you want, I'm allowing you to come to the meeting. Come at your own risk. Remember, your actions determine whether you're known or not." With a slight edgy tone to his voice, he doesn't wait for my response as he turns around to leave.

"I'm not missing the real party." Kai stops in his spot but doesn't turn around. I wait patiently for his reaction. His head bobs down in approval just before regaining his footsteps with me following behind.

We pass the balcony, taking many lefts and rights down various hallways. This mansion is unbelievably large that I can't even imagine the house Kai actually lives in.

Almost ten minutes later, Kai stops at a door. His hand lingers on the knob, thinking. He looks back at me, "You're going in as my responsibility, make a fool of me, and I won't hesitate to put you in your place. Stay close and stay silent."

Kai doesn't give me an opportunity to reply seeing as he opens the door and walks in. I close my eyes and let out a big breath just before entering. Whatever I'm about to witness, is something my family has always tried to hide from me.

I take my first step in, and everything drops silent. Slowly, I make my way down the room towards the end of the table. Thirty pairs of eyes constantly glued to my every move. I pull out a chair and take a seat. The room is spacious with a projector screen on the wall, behind Kai. A glass full of water, along with a pen and paper sits in front of everyone on the table. The only people I fully recognize in the room are my brothers, father, Kai, Alec, and Cole. Everyone else, even without their masks on, are unknown to me.

My eyes travel to meet Kai's and they speak the only thing I was hoping they wouldn't. He wants me to take my mask off so without hesitation, I pull it off and set it onto the table. It takes me a minute before building up the courage to look up at everyone. When I finally do, I'm happy to see everyone wearing a flustered look. No one recognizes me and for once, I'm thankful for the art of makeup and puberty.

"Women aren't allowed at this meeting."

I speak before Kai can, "I'm happy to see you have some manners calling me a woman and all, but it's the twenty first century and I can bet that you won't have the guts to go against any of the people present in this room if needed."

"And you do?" It's Nick who spoke.

"For a man who's never seen a woman fully clothed unless it's his mother, you're too quick to judge another woman, Nicholas. Let's just get the fact, that I am not one of the girls you sell at your camps, through your head. I won't be ill treated in any way and my presence at this meeting is merely out of my curiosity. I'm not interested in being a part of your charades. This might just be the last time you'll ever see me, so be thankful," my confidence is over the roof. It feels like a huge weight has just been lifted off of my shoulder's seeing Nick sit back in his seat with locked lips.

"From where you pick up these women, I'll never know," Nick sighs under his breath mostly talking to Kai. I look at Kai's nonchalant expression. It honestly, isn't that hard to stand up for your gang member, but I guess that isn't in his handbook.

"Let's start the meeting," Kai ignores Nick's words. On cue, everyone turns their attention towards him, "First and foremost, I'd like to thank everyone for showing up tonight. I hope everyone enjoyed the party downstairs."

Everyone bobs their head, as a yes.

"Every year this meeting is held to see what most gangs have accomplished in the past year. As leader of one of the strongest gangs still running, I'd like to congratulate Mr. Dietrich on his success of taking over New York, becoming the leader of the most widespread gang today."

A man around his forties replies with a thank you as everyone claps at his success.

"Unfortunately, that's not the main topic of the night. The FBI is. The economy has been declining for the last three months. Our incoming supplies of drugs, children, and weapons are constantly being raided. After weeks of analyzing all possibilities, I've come to a decision. This is being done by an insider, and to protect my own gang, I'm withdrawing ourselves from the unity of the states."

"The unity was signed fifty years ago, by people much wiser than you child," a man around his fifties speaks. Not just him, but everyone seems astonished by Kai's decision. For some reason, I'm not. I mean he's out to ruin me every way, so why not do something to put me in even more danger? I should've just murdered him at the camping trip.

"This 'boy', built a whole empire with his bare hands, I would watch how you talk to him," my father is the one to speak. I look at him with a dazed expression.

Why is my dad supporting Kai?

"What would you know, Xavier. You weren't even in this until today."

"We've been around enough to know that this unity isn't useful to any of us. The White Dragon's have also decided to step back," Vincent speaks on behalf of his soon-to-be gang.

"If they're both resigning, so are we," another man says. One after the other, eventually everyone agrees with Kai.

"That's settled then, I'd like to end with one last note," Kai stands up and buttons his coat. "May the best man conquer."

My mouth gapes open.

Kai openly just declared war.

How? What? No. He – he just set me up for death.

I look at everyone. Some people are left in shock. Others, including my father, are impressed. Confused, I spot Kai, Alec and Cole leaving, so I decide to follow. I'm stopped at the door by a blonde guy around his twenties.

"If you've openly declared war, I hope you don't mind if I declare claim over this territory," his voice is attractive, but his personality is trash.

"Sweetheart, I'm unclaimed territory and I plan on staying that way. So if I were you, I'd step away before I lose it," I state. The dumb blond defies my warning by snaking his hand around my waist and pulling me up against him.

"A girl with attitude. I'm surprised Kai never taught you how a bitch should behave," he whispers into my ear. With a roll of my eyes, I slip out the pocket knife tucked into my skirt, and stab it in the guy's neck. He moves back in shock and gargles on his own blood falling to the ground.

I turn around and put on an innocent smile, "And that gentlemen, concludes our meeting."

A/N:

Ivy: Two updates in one week! I, personally, am so happy for what's to come, are you?

Thanks for 8k reads<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.5K 16.8K 55
Arc(9)-Arc(14)+Real World+Extra အာဏာရှင်ကုန်းvsနတ်ဘုရားရှို့
56.4K 4K 13
حسيت كل جسمي مات من الخوف ورجفه لزمتني شنو الي جاي يصير ياربي ماجاي يستوعب عقلي شنو الي أسوي راح اروح بالرجلين ! اباوع الة متمد گبالي وأگع شلون أگعد...
349K 15.3K 166
Naruto has always had video games to fall back on growing up while the rest of the village pretty much treated him like garbage. What happens when Na...
70.3K 2.5K 60
His lessons on hiding the truth were from the Japanese Government itself who asked a bunch of middle schoolers not to even tell their parents that th...