Royal Pain | PJM • slow updat...

By bangtothetan_

Violencia is a thriving nation; the hierarchy lives lavishly and prosperously, the royal family has a vibrant... More

Synopsis/Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 10

4K 269 42
By bangtothetan_

After Jimin had uttered his final parting words and exited the room, Jungkook had been sent in to lead her from the room to clean up and prepare.

"I can release your restraints now." Jungkook had stated when he walked in, and Eunjae heaved a sigh of relief before turning around and allowing him to get to work.

Once they were off, Eunjae rubbed at her wrists. "Thank you." She breathed out.

"You're welcome. I don't have to worry about you running off, now, don't I?" Jungkook coyly inquired to which Eunjae rolled her eyes and shook her head, dismissing the possibility.

Eunjae trailed slowly behind Jungkook yet again as they set off. As they walked down corridor after corridor, Eunjae marveled at the pristine and extravagant decor. Ivory lined the walls and gold embellishments decorated the halls, shimmering as the morning sun cast its warm glow through the vast castle windows. Numerous paintings were kept in meticulous condition of past rulers, all regal and flawless as any. She felt so out of place with her dirtied rags for clothing and unkempt appearance.

Eventually the two found themselves in a less decorated hallway full of bustling people. Most of them wore an arrangement of either aprons, bonnets, stockings, or tunics. Eunjae figured this was where the servants accommodated. Jungkook continued down the hall, receiving an array of warm greetings (Eunjae ignored the puzzled looks shot towards her) from countless individuals which he returned before he stopped them outside a particular door.

Jungkook knocked briefly on the door, and not a moment later it was swung open. All Eunjae glimlsed was a flash of strawberry blonde before the person threw themself at Jungkook, wrapping him in a tight hug which he reciprocated with a content expression.

The woman pulled away, and Eunjae was taken aback at her beauty. Her long, straight strawberry blonde hair fell down her back in perfectly kept strands, her large eyes wide and shining with glee. Her nose and mouth were perfectly sculpted, eyebrows even and flattering, and her physique was slender and feminine. She was taller than Eunjae, though not by much.

"Jungkook! It's been forever since you last paid me a visit." She exclaimed with a smile, ushering the two to enter the room before shutting the door to allow them to speak in a less rowdy environment.

Jungkook looked remorseful. "I know, I'm sorry, Chae. I've been swamped with work lately and I've had nearly no time to myself."

The woman—Chae?—playfully swatted at his shoulder. "Don't be sorry, I know how hard you work. It isn't your fault." She then took a curious glance at Eunjae, who'd been standing off to the side awkwardly, before arching an eyebrow. "So who's this?"

Jungkook gestured between the two of them. "Eunjae, meet Park Chaeyoung. Chae, meet Kang Eunjae."

Eunjae bowed at Chaeyoung as she did the same before the stunning bubbly woman pulled her into a hug. Any intimidation Eunjae had been feeling was completely washed away under the woman's welcoming hold. "It's nice to meet you! Will you be working with us?"

They separated and Jungkook answered for her. "She's been assigned to serve Jimin." His voice was laced with humor, as if uttering a joke Eunjae couldn't understand.

Chaeyoung gave Eunjae a concerned look. "Oh, you poor thing."

That certainly didn't help Eunjae's unease.

Jungkook took a few backwards steps closer to the door. "Chae, can you have her fitted and find her some clothes, please? And also stick to her side, show her around the place, you know? I've been requested elsewhere and there's no one I trust more than you." His eyes were earnest as he spoke.

Chaeyoung nodded. "Of course, Kookie!" At the nickname Eunjae shot Jungkook an amused look, while the said man avoided eye contact. She didn't fail to spot his reddening ears. "Leave everything to me, we'll be just fine. Plus, I've been wanting some new company, the people here are just so drab!"

Jungkook laughed at her words before bidding the women farewell and leaving the room. Eunjae hadn't even taken in their surroundings yet, but she realized they were in a small bedroom with two twin beds. There was a small dresser, and in the corner was a table with heaps of fabric and sewing supplies.

"So!" Chaeyoung captured Eunjae's attention with a clap of her hands. "First and foremost, you need a nice, hot bath!" Eunjae nearly swooned at the thought and had no protests when her new acquaintance grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the room, down the hall, and into the bath quarters. The tiled, humid room was empty, much to Eunjae's delight.

Chaeyoung led her to a small tub, sitting Eunjae on its rim before leaving for several minutes, returning with a bucket of hot water. She brought several more over, along with a towel and some soaps, before wiping her hands and placing them on her hips.

"Right. I'll leave you to it; in the meantime I'll scavenge for some temporary threads for you." With that, Chaeyoung prepared to exit the room.

Eunjae stopped her. "Wait, Chaeyoung." The strawberry blonde pivoted in her step. "Thank you for your kindness and acceptance." Eunjae bowed her head gratefully.

Chaeyoung smiled warmly. "You're welcome, but it's really nothing." She paused. "And Eunjae?" Eunjae glanced up at her, returning the woman's kind smile. "My friends call me Chae."

Eunjae grinned widely at the implication. "Well, Chae, I'm honored to be your friend."

=*=

Chaeyoung wrapped a tape measure around Eunjae's waist as she stood upright with her hands up and parallel to the ground. As the bright woman did her measurements, both girls busied themselves with learning about one other.

"When's your birthday, Eunjae?" Chaeyoung piped up from behind the girl.

"I turned 21 this past May." She replied.

Chaeyoung let out an excited whoop. "Oo, you're the same age as Jungkook and I! How exciting, you're the first woman here that's my exact age!"

Eunjae giggled at the girl's enthusiasm as Chaeyoung wrapped the measuring tape around each of Eunjae's thighs. "Speaking of, are you and Jungkook close? I couldn't help but notice earlier that you two seemed rather fond of each other."

Chaeyoung let out a wistful sigh as she went to scribble down notes in a notebook. "Jungkook is indeed very dear to me, but in a brotherly sort of sense. We grew up together, you see." She sat on the edge of a bed and patted the space beside her for Eunjae to take. "You probably already know this, but life as a lower-class citizen is quite difficult, especially when you're on your own. I met Jungkook when I was 11; he actually pulled me out of the way before a careless man could trample me with his horse. After that, we just kind of stuck together and helped each other survive since neither of us had families to return to. When Prince Jimin took him in when we were around 16, Jungkook ensured that I came along with him."

Eunjae listened in awe of her tale, her admiration for Jungkook growing immensely. She thought of her own circumstances, the people in her life, and a sad smile graced her lips. Eunjae decided to share her past as well. "Your story is similar to mine. Do you recall the accident that occurred in the mines about 2 years ago?"

Chaeyoung pondered for a moment before recollection struck her. "You mean the collapse?"

Eunjae nodded. "My father was working in the mines that day and, unfortunately, was trapped along with dozens of others. He passed away before the rescue crew could reach him." Eunjae took a shuddering gulp as Chaeyoung placed a reassuring hand on her back. "At the town's tribute, I met a girl with the same trauma. Lisa. We became very close and, essentially, partners in crime." Eunjae let out a chaste chuckle at the term. "My mother became ill after my father's passing, and my younger brother is not at the proper age to engage in such activities, so since Lisa needed to provide for her mother as well we both sort of helped each other out."

Chaeyoung smiled at her story. "That's really sweet. These sorts of things do well in bringing people together."

Eunjae nodded, reminiscing. "They do, indeed."

=*=

oh lovely readers, i'm feeling especially inspired, entirely due to the fact that I just binged probably one of if not the best stories on wattpad. so let's see where that takes us plot-wise (;
please bear with me as the plot, characters, and relationships develop, i don't want to sacrifice a full reader experience for haste

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 3.6K 65
"When will the day come, that you finally see me. When will you hold my hands and say 'I love you' while you look at me lovingly. When will you final...
761K 36.3K 61
❝Strip❞ ❝What did you just say?❞ ❝I guess you heard it right, baby.❞ __________ Vengeance: A punishment caused or redistributed exact for an injury o...
12.1K 1K 59
Have you ever wondered how far a person could go to get what he/she wants? Well let me tell you something, there's a boy name Park Jimin and Yoongi w...
1.9K 136 11
"I want to run to you like crazy. But as if I've got tones of weights tied to my feet, I won't be able to move." Park Jimin accepts the marriage prop...