Reboot: A New Guardian (ON HO...

By 7_cha0tic_m3ss3s

What if there were a fifth guardian? Someone new to the group yet familiar. Someone who's not as they seem. S... More

Team Game Night
Startling Sob Stories
Doesn't That Ring A Bell?
Searching For Secrets
Fires & Faces
(A/N) What in the name of Hades?!
He Shoots, He's Sore
Operation : Listen To Me Virus!
Upgraded
Searching For Secrets (part 2)
A/N Polls
Return to Dot's Diner... but with no Dot
"Also?"
A/N Sorry But Thanks!
"Time to storm the castle!"
*Click* *Click* *Click*
A/N Rants, Rants, And More Rants
No Pressure... Right? (Part 1)
No Pressure... Right? (Part 2)
No Pressure... Right? (Part 3)
No Pressure... Right? (Part 4)
No Pressure... Right? (Part 5)
Battle
A/N Happy New Year...?
Sneak, Sneak, Sneak!
"So I'll do it solo - or not!"
Breakout!
A/N Clarification

Driving Me Crazy

527 4 0
By 7_cha0tic_m3ss3s

Parker/Googz's P.O.V.

After placing the black plastic bowl of milk on the tray on the foot of my bed (the ground I mean), I flopped backwards on my green plaid-pattern bed, sighing as my legs hung off the edge. It was around 23:00. and I still couldn't sleep, despite my slight exhaustion from today's events. My parents were noticeably suspicious of my tiredness, but I assured them I was fine, telling them that Trey was trying to teach me and my "nerdy" friends some basketball skills. It's happened a couple of times before, so why not use the excuse again since there is a 38.7% chance that I'm gonna have another training session taught by the basketball team?

From out of the blue, I bit my lip as a I stared up at my plain white ceiling. Am I really that stupid to be worried about something but not be aware of what that something is? I'm known as the smartest, nerdiest kid in Alan Turing High, the brains of the Guardians, and I can't even figure out what's preventing me from sleeping. What thenin the name of Zeus am I doing-

"Trixy, stop scratching my toes!" I whisper-yelped, pulling my legs upwards out of her reach.

Me-ow! She jumped up on top of the bed and crawled onto my stomach.

"What are you doing?" I asked, lifting the kitten off of me while sitting up. "You and I both need to go to bed. So we both need to sleep on our own beds." Carefully, I placed my pet down onto her little bed that was right next to her meal tray. Once Trixy was in her sleeping position, I crawled underneath my blankets and laid my head on the pillow. And I continued to stare at the ceiling.

If Jane Carter really was the Bionic Blade, then how did she survive the fire? And why didn't she just come back home? And what in the world is the name supposed to even mean? Bionic Blade? I get the blade bit - roller blades - but the bionic part is confusing. Jane was never bionic, so maybe she was taken in by the government and made her bionic. Maybe that's how she was able to teleport away.

Though, if I was a part of the government, I wouldn't want my project to be roaming the streets and stopping crime like the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Not that I'm considering my (ex-)best friend some sort of technological project. Or that I have anything against Spider-Man; he's cool and all, but I believe that bionic beings should be saved for bigger situations. Like wars and schist.

I rested my head in my hand on top of the pillow and raised my other hand with the ring. My eyes locked onto the shimmering object on my finger, just like last night. A soft sigh escaped my mouth as I sank deeper underneath the covers, resting my hand onto my chest.

What secrets did you hide from me, Jane Carter? I thought, my eyelids slowly beginning to become more and more heavy by the second. And what secrets are you hiding from the world now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the last period of the day, and that means that after this, I'd be off to Room 0. Currently, I was in the math classroom with my academically-intelligent teammates for our weekly competition. This competition's theme is math. Right now, my hand was clutching my pencil and was drawing out the solution in my notebook. My papers were slightly wrinkled due to my constant erasing of little details, which was rather strange since I don't usually hesitate during these things.

I heard another hand slam onto their personalized buzzer. Approximately 1.34 seconds right before me. Each member on the math (read as brainy) team programmed their buzzer's own sound. Mine projected one of those loud computing noises. From the sound of the pterosaur's call, it seemed like our junior paleontologist/archeologist, Tristan, knew the answer.

What? We're knowledgeable in multiple subjects.

"The answer is 4xy minus 7.3!" He exclaimed.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

"That's correct Louis," Jessica smiled, typing a few commands into her sleek black laptop with hot pink stripes. "Here's the last question. Whoever can get this question will double their points."

On the smart board, a long algebra equation stood out in white on the black screen. This seemed rather simple, I thought to myself as I quickly scribbled down the solution.

A few seconds later, my hand pressed against the buzzer first out of all of us. Jackie looked me in the eyes, her icy blue eyes staring straight into mine with expectancy. "Do you know the answer, Parker?"

I hesitated. "Is it 6.5 to the third power plus 9x to the fourth y to the fifth minus 54?"

A couple of sighs and groans were passed around the math classroom. "Sorry Parker," our human questionnaire apologized. "But it was 6.5 to the third power plus 9x to the fourth y to the fifth minus 53."

My hand covered my face as I sank back into my seat, disappointed in myself for not solving such an easy equation. This was precisely why I'm the second-in-command of this operation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How could I only answer 3 out of 26 questions first, and correct? I thought to myself as I carefully placed my competition notebook in my little row of books in the back of my locker.

It was after the competition and I was placed 12th out of 13 (Reese may be intellectually inclined but her reflexes weren't the best. Still...) which caused everyone from the team to give me concerned glances. A couple of them even asked me if I was taking some drugs for a medical condition or if someone died.

Yes, that's how serious my "downfall" was. Especially as the second-in-command. And we were extensive thinkers; a few of us were even in the sleuthing/detective club, which meant they live for conspiracy theories. I wonder if anyone in that club is investigating the Bionic Blade.

"Hey mate," a familiar voice greeted behind me.

I glanced over my shoulder and smiled. Standing behind me was the head detective of the sleuthing club, Ace Cardinal. He had pure black hair, icy blue eyes like his sister, and his signature red velvet fedora. "Hi Ace," I replied, quickly closing my locker before I faced him. "How are you?"

"I'm quite excited today. Mostly because of the new case I am very eager to introduce my fellow theorists this afternoon. But you'll have to find out more on my sister's blog, if she can find out what we're doing." I smiled. The Cardinal siblings always had a thing for gossip and secrets. While one liked to discuss with friends in person about his unsolved mysteries, the other preferred to chat with her acquaintances all around the world about hers. Which meant they loved keeping secrets just as much as searching for secrets - that is until their discoveries are published. "But that isn't what I came here to talk about. Got a few minutes to spare?"

I snuck a gaze at my "notebook" in my arm and discreetly tapped the white boxed-info part of the front cover (A/N: Sorry for my poor description skills). The time was 15:04, and no dark code symbols popped up in the corner, so I guessed they others didn't need me at the moment. "Yeah, I have some time to kill," I replied, looking back at Ace.

He led me over to one of the wooden benches in a not-so populated area in the heart of the school. We both took off our backpacks and set them down at our feet before sitting down. The raven-head tilted his head as he faced me, visibly concerned.

"Look mate. I, among others, noticed your slight change of behavior during today's competition. On behalf of the team, your mistakes worry us greatly, especially with you as second-in-command."

"I know, I know!" I exclaimed, my hands flying over my head without me looking up. "It's just that I've been distracted by trying to find out who the Bionic Blade is. I've already come up with a bunch of suspects-"

I was then cut off by Ace. "Suspects? Of Bionic Blade?" He breathed.

I nodded, lifting head up slightly. "Yeah, I've got a few leads on who she might be."

"Leads? As in more than one lead?"

I nodded again, slower than last time. Where is he going with this? one side of my brain thought. This is what you get for introducing a new case to the king of conspiracies, the other side replied.

Said king of conspiracies reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a pitch black business card with bright blood red cursive. He handed it to me and yanked my head a little closer to whisper, "You know what to do." He then stood up, slinging his backpack over his shoulder, and headed out of the heart of the school down Hallway C.

As soon as he was out of sight, I looked back down at the card that was placed in my hand.

Wanna be a 🕺 🕵️‍♂️?
🍄 - mush 10001 / 🌚 - 🍟
@ 0000 0100 p.m.
Passcode? Y.K.W.T.D.
Prove your skills🕴

Cracking codes like this? Simply elementary...

Wait. His new case is about Bionic Blade. All of the evidence I held were mostly assumptions or related to the Guardians. I couldn't tell anyone such classified pieces of information. Even though nobody knew who the Guardians were - not from Cyber Guardians that is - we couldn't allow anyone to know to find the control center within school and how the four of us could travel into cyberspace. Think of how innocent bystanders could jeopardize our missions and possibly let the Sourcerer finish whatever plan he has.

On the other hand, I could get closer to finding out if the mysterious hero is really Jane. There's a probability she isn't Bionic Blade, but I still wish to know her identity, therefore finding out Giga's identity. We needed her help, even after those upgrade that V.E.R.A. promised.

But I wasn't sure if a petty yet professional club was the answer to finding out who she was.

Buzz! Buzz!

I immediately opened up my 'notebook' and swiped the screen to the right. The dark code alert appeared on the pearly white background, along with a message from Vector.

Googz,

The upgrade is done. Just in time too; suspicious activity at Virusylum. Get your butt down to Room 0 now!

Vector

Looks like I didn't have a choice but not to go to the meeting that day.

While standing up, I gathered all my stuff and shoved the card in the inside pocket of my notebook cover. Then, I speed-walked down the halls to the stairwell leaving to Room 0. I mentally prayed that she was available for round 2 with Megabyte and Hexadecimal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 125 26
"Mom said that we would make a new underground. I just didn't see how that was possible, but somehow we did. The only problem was that we were all wa...
41.1K 852 24
Vera Mitchell is no stranger to heartbreak, pain and devastation. Her family died in a tragic fire when she was a little girl, and it doomed her to a...
17.5K 341 13
(Optimus x OC) Estella Carpenter, an abused 17 year old girl, runs away from her abusive father to her neighbors, the Yeager's. She finds herself ru...
1K 57 34
This book is a cluster-fuck, lol. However, I will keep this unedited, original up for everyone to read. "And then... she was gone." "What do you me...