Hobbit and Lord of the Rings...

By invisame

The title is pretty self-explanatory. I own none of the recognizable characters, places etc. I only own my or... More

Remember Me - Thranduil
Confessions - Bard
Home - Thorin
The Center- Aragorn (Part 1)
The Center - Aragorn (Part 2)
Grumpy - Dwalin
Jealous - Elrond
Falling - The Company
Unrequited - Aragorn
Fix it - Thranduil
Stay - Fili
Hello, Love - Eomer
Hello, Love (Part 2) - Eomer
Flirting? - Legolas
May I interrupt? - Thranduil
He's not so bad - Thorin
What is wrong with you? - Kili
Her - Legolas
You Don't Say - Aragorn
Storms - Thorin
By Any Other Name - Elrond
Forward - Thorin
His Queen - Thranduil Drabble
Color My World - Haldir

(S)Mothering - The Company

6.5K 168 21
By invisame

A/N: I am back and posting again. Enjoy

***

The Company and you first crossed paths as they made their way to Erebor. You'd known Gandalf since you were a child and didn't hesitate to offer shelter to his companions. They stayed with you for several days during which you helped them replenish their supplies, mended torn garments and lifted their spirits.

When it came time for them to leave, longing tugged at your heart. You had become quick friends with them in the time they'd been in your home and you would miss them. Besides, you were always up for an adventure. Once they were all mounted on their refreshed ponies, Gandalf turned to look at you. "Well, Y/N, come along. We don't have all day."

You stood there gaping until he gestured to your favorite horse. He was already prepared for the journey, your bed roll and saddle bags included. From that moment on, you were a member of the Company.

Surprisingly it was Ori you became close to first. You were enthralled with his drawings and could sit for hours just watching him create his art. Not that you ever had that much time, but you would if you could. You possessed no artistic talent whatsoever so his fascinated you. As you grew closer to Ori, you also grew closer to his cousins. Nori was a trouble maker of the best sort who never failed to make you smile. And Dori...well he was a mother hen if you ever met one.

"Are you certain you are warm enough, Y/N?"

"Did you eat all of your supper, Y/N?"

"Make sure you don't get separated, Y/N."

Ori thought it was fantastic because it meant Dori laid off him a bit. You found the protectiveness endearing until one night in Erebor. The battle had passed and the Company was intact. A little battered and bruised, but intact. Currently, you were all sat around the fire discussing what needed to be done to return their home to its former glory and who was to do what.

"I want to help Bofur," you declared.

Thorin turned to you, brow arched in surprise. "Bofur?"

You nodded eagerly. "He promised to teach me to make toys. I know that's a ways off, but if I help him, I can learn some of the skills I need." You didn't see the need to mention the crush you had on the dwarf.

Bofur grinned. "Aye. The lass would be most welcome. She has a fine eye for detail, she does."

"That's settled then. Anything else?"

You pursed your lips, hesitant to ask for anything else at present, but this couldn't wait any longer. "I need my own quarters if possible, Thorin. I can clean out a room if that's an issue."

The king chuckled and scratched his beard. "Truth be told, Y/N, I'd gotten so used to Dori fussing over you I forgot you weren't part of their clan. Of course, you can have your own quarters, lass."

"Now just a minute," Dori piped up. "I'm not certain that's a good idea. Y/N isn't familiar with our traditions, our rules. I wouldn't want her getting in trouble due to an oversight. At least put her in with the clanless dwarrowdames."

Thorin hummed and nodded his head as if he were considering it. Evidently seeing the confused look on your face, he took pity on you and explained. "Once our women are of age to be courted, if they have no family to speak of, they house together until they wed." He frowned. "How old are you exactly, lass?"

"Thirty-three, which I am fairly certain is old enough to live on my own." You were becoming irritated but trying not to let it show. You had been on the road with the Company for months. You needed your own space.

"Ack!" Dori yelled, hopping up from his seat. "Lass! Why didn't you tell us you were still a child? When I think of the danger you were in."

His brothers joined in with their own exclamations followed closely by the rest of the Company save for Bofur. He sat quietly beside you watching the chaos with wide eyes. The others were talking over one another trying to decide which of them got to take care of you.

"Hey," you said, getting to your feet. No one paid any attention to you so you waved your hands in the air. When that didn't work you put your fingers in your mouth and let loose an ear-piercing whistle. Everyone stopped and turned to look at you. "I am not a dwarf. While 33 may still be a child for your kind, it is not for mine. I am an adult human. A female one at that. I have scarcely had a moment alone since joining your quest. I need peace."

Several of the dwarves started to look a little guilty. Dori however appeared as if he still wanted to argue the point and you glared at him. Finally, you shifted your gaze to Thorin. "I will find my own room for the night if you don't mind." You could feel their gazes on you as you stormed from the room.

***

It was two days later when you tracked down Bofur. It was the first any of the Company had seen of you since the disagreement. You stood watching him for several minutes before he even realized you were there. "Y/N!" he exclaimed.

You gave him a sideways smirk. "Hello, Bofur. Miss me?"

"Of course, lass. It's been a tad boring without you around." His cheeks flushed as he sheepishly ducked his head. "I mean—"

"It's okay. You don't have to explain," you assured him, your own cheeks heating in response.

He simply grinned and nodded before setting about showing you what he was working on.

It was late in the day before you both set aside your tools.

"You did good work today, Y/N," he said. "Let's get some food."

When you hesitated to follow him, he turned back to you with a frown on his face. "What's the matter?"

"Are they still insisting I can't take care of myself?" you asked, no venom in your voice.

Bofur sighed and came back to your side. He hesitantly reached out and took one of your hands in his. "They just worry about you, lass."

"I know. That doesn't mean I'm going to let them treat me like a kid just to make them happy."

He chuckled. "I wasn't implying that you should." He shuffled his feet as he glanced at the floor then back at you. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you. And it might help with everything."

You tilted your head in curiosity and waited for his question.

***

Your hand was still wrapped in Bofur's as the two of you joined the rest of the Company for your meal. There was a brief pause in conversation before they all started speaking over one another in a bid to get your attention.

"Oi!" Bofur yelled, quieting everyone down. "One at a time."

Dori started to speak until Thorin placed a hand on his friend's arm. Dori glanced at him in surprise. "Is there something you'd like to say, Bofur?"

Bofur grinned at you. He cleared his throat and straightened his spine. "Y/N is wearing my courting braid."

Your face heated as the two of you were suddenly surrounded by your friends, congratulations being offered all around. Dori however stayed at the table, watching the two of you.

As soon as you were able, you separated from the others and took a seat beside your friend. "Are you okay, Dori?"

His gaze darted between you and Bofur. "You didn't consent to this simply to get me to leave you be, did you?"

A scowl twisted your features. "Of course not. You should know Bofur and I care for each other. You spent enough time chaperoning us during the journey."

He nodded and tugged at his beard. "I did not mean to upset you, lass. I have come to care for you as one of my own. I just worry for you is all."

You smiled and rested your hand on top of his. "There is a tradition amongst my people where the bride's father walks her down the aisle at the wedding. My father died many years ago, but it would mean the world to me if you would take his place."

Moisture pooled in the dwarf's eyes and he sniffed. "I would be honored, Y/N."

You grinned and kissed his cheek, leaving him red-faced as you made your way back to Bofur's side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 255 22
requests closed! there can sometimes be preferences, random rants and memes in this book too, no smut tho most of the x readers here are fem!reader :)
6.8K 94 18
Imagines and preferences of your favorite Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings characters! **Requests are ALWAYS open**
943K 22.2K 194
Requests are open!! !!!!!!NEW!!!!!! You can request oneshots, quickshots, preferences, AND imagines!! MOSTLY 'THE HOBBIT' CHARACTERS I ALSO INCLUDE B...
33.5K 587 20
Those are just some imagines with the lotr and hobbit boys. I take requests too and please excuse any mistakes I make. Also, this is my first time wr...