A Glowing Figure

By Uproar_dobby

Layla Murni is a member of the Crimson Pack, a pack known for its strength and extreme power, however in a pa... More

Before You Begin
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter Three

2.4K 66 7
By Uproar_dobby

Mate

The night swept by like a breeze, I didn't have any nightmares, I didn't even dream about anything, it was just darkness and those voices whispering ingredients in my ears, it was peaceful for once in my life, but why?.

Morning finally came, I opened my eyes to allow sunshine into them, today I turn eighteen, today I'm a legal citizen and today.... I meet my mate, it all just felt unrealistic, it felt like a dream to me, "what would he be like?", I wondered as I got out of bed, will he be shy like me or outgoing?, will he be handsome or average? Heck with how useless I am I'll be lucky if I even got a mate.

There was a knock at my door, its obviously Adele, its 6 in the morning and she's already here, that's my girl, and Sasha...still silent, I wish she'd just talk to me already, yesterday was the past and today is supposed to be a good day so why doesn't she just lighten up?. I walked to my door and opened it to see Adele and...Duncan? But how, why? I stared at him with confusion then stared at Adele, what the hell is going on?

"Tell her you jerk", Adele punched Duncan in the shoulder.

He sighed in irritation.

"Resident 119, happy birthday, and sorry for yesterday, I guess".

I was shocked, how did Adele manage to make Duncan, mean Duncan, "I'll bite your head off" Duncan, to apologize to me? But then again she is Adele.

"Um oh thank you, and its OK I gue-", before I could finish he raised his hand and stopped me.

Well

"Since you are eighteen now you are permitted to go to the main grounds where the upper warriors are, you are also allowed to enter the pack house but not as you please, only if its an emergency or if you upgrade which will never happen..", Adele punched Duncan so hard I could hear his wolf whimper, "sorry, my bad, anyways as I was saying you're allowed to do those things but do not loiter around anyhow you want understood?" He continued.

"Ah yes understood, don't worry I won't over stay my welcome, I already know I'm not wanted", I reassured him with a smile.

He nodded his head and turned to leave when he stopped and turned back, "oh and you guys should doll yourselves up, we're throwing a party".

"A party, why?" Adele asked.

"Because, the Alpha is back", Duncan replied bluntly and went on his way.

"The Alpha is finally back huh?", Adele said as she walked into my house."Haven't seen him in a looong time, I wonder if he's still as good looking as ever, oh man that boy has looks".

I rolled my eyes and followed her to my room, "yeah I forgot you guys have seen each other before, how old were you when you last saw him?", I curiously asked.

"Hmmm I must have been 16"

"And he was?"

"17, why all these questions?"

"Oh nothing I just wanted to know, I've never met him before that's all".

There was an awkward silence

"Hmm well we better get ready for the day right?", Adele broke the ice, she looked at me and smiled, "come on, this back won't scrub itself", she headed to my bathroom.

I used to scrub her back all the time when we were younger, now its just occasionally, like when she sleeps over, she's been so busy with warrior wolf business we couldn't be together as often as we wanted, but at least I had Sasha, but she was going through a phase right now.

I sighed out loud, I stood from my bed and made my way to the bathroom too, while we were in the bathroom just finishing up Adele braided my hair and tied it up for me, she did that so it wouldn't get tangled by the time she styled is, she wanted to make me glamorous because today I was meeting my mate, we left the house without even getting breakfast because Adele wanted to be first in line to all the good clothes stores.

We got in her car and drove through the woods to the mall, we lived in a very hidden forest so no one could find us, the world wasn't exactly accepting of our kind so we kept it on a low profile, there were only a few stores that had werewolf owners, the rest were humans, we had to put on contact lenses every time we wanted to go to the humans side, if we didn't we'd be killed on sight, its rather scary to think about, we lost some good wolves because of this.

○○

We arrived at the mall and parked on the top parking lot, people rarely parked there, only the nasty people, I always said, it was so private anyone could do anything there, Adele and I put in our contact lenses, Adele's were green and mine were blue, then we sprayed ourselves down so no one could pick up our scent, humans couldn't smell us but dogs could. The things we had to do to live.

We left the car and walked into the huge mall, there was so much to look at and do and Adele was here to make sure we did it all, first we stopped by a bakery and bought some really delicious donuts and tiny cakes, then we went to see the gardens, the mall had some really beautiful flowers and they were displayed in the gardens, my favorite flower was the sunflower, it was just so attractive and pretty and didn't have to try so much, I wish I was a sunflower.

When we were done it was shopping time, we browsed through every shop Adele loved and bought so many things we needed some of the malls employees to help us carry them out to our car. Adele was a shopaholic, it was a name I gave her every time she bought too many things or things she didn't need. When all that was finally done we drove back home, but this time instead of going to my cabin we went to Adele's, it was closer to the pack house so we didn't have to rush when the party started.

The time was 3pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the pack house

"Alpha Eanraig I'm so happy you're back, I know I've said it a thousand times before but I really am", Betty swung her arms around Eanraig's neck and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you Betty, I missed you and your feisty behavior, all that time I spent away from you had given me time to consider all your loveliness", Eanraig and Betty were close, she was the only female he would flirt with like that.

"ugh gross you two, get a freaking room why don't yah", Marcus, Eanraig's Beta walked in the room and ruined the moment.

"Would it kill you to talk to your Alpha and future Luna with respect?", Eanraig rolled his eyes and walked away from Betty.

"Yes it would, and future Luna, haha, not a chance, firstly no one likes her and second you haven't met your mate yet so you can't just mate this slut", Marcus didn't like Betty, he thought she was a waste of strength and wondered why Eanraig liked her so much.

"Whether you like it or not I am going to be the Luna of not only this pack but to Eanraig too, he hasn't found his mate yet because the moon knows its me and is waiting for the right time to reveal it", Betty snapped back at Marcus.

Marcus burst out into laughter making Betty furious.

"You..haha...you sound like a child....the moon never makes mistakes..hahaha...so you and Eanraig will never happen..haha...sooner or later he'll find his mate and-"

"I'll reject her", Eanraig had a straight face now.

"You'll what?", Marcus' eyes started glowing.

"Reject her, I don't have the time to start learning about someone new when I already know so much about Betty, and she knows me, there's no need for love in this situation so why even bother?".

"Do you have any idea what rejection does to a female wolf?", Marcus was now getting angry.

"Not my problem, she should have shown up sooner, Betty is going to be my Luna and that's that", Eanraig said with a strong tone and ended the discussion, Betty walked over to Eanraig and kissed him then looked back at Marcus and smirked.

"I win", was written all over her expression.

Marcus cursed inwardly, there was nothing more to do, he just looked at Betty in disgust and left the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Adele's house

The time was 5:30pm

"Hey are you gonna meet your mate today?", I closed my eyes as Adele did my eyebrows, I didn't have to but it felt necessary.

"Yeah I will, but I don't care you already know that", Adele replied bluntly.

Adele's mate was the Beta of the pack, Marcus, but Adele didn't care about that, she didn't care about him, she always told me that he was a hot head and a jerk and she would have rejected him a long time ago if it weren't for her wolf Rose, Rose was so in love with Marcus' wolf that sometimes she couldn't control herself, tragic if you ask me.

"Oh yeah, I forgot how much you hate him, but it can't be helped, you're one of the packs strongest fighters and he is finally back so.."

"Yeah yeah, I really don't care that he's back, its only rose that does, not me, he can hang for all I care, enough about my stupid mate, you're about to meet yours, tell me what you're expecting" Adele finished my eyebrows and went to the dresser to get our dresses.

"Well I'm not expecting a lot, I just want someone to understand me and accept how weak I am, it seems like a lot but I just hope he's nice", I know I'm expecting a lot but still, a girl can dream can't she?.

○○

We finally got dressed, I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe that the person I was looking at was me, I looked so hot, was that even possible? My hair was curled and was falling down all the way down my back, my lips were maroon and my eyelashes were long black and curled, my face was so different and my dress, oh wow it was just so sassy, it showed all my curves, and I was curvy, it was so pretty {the dresses are above, that's how I pictured Adele and Layla's dresses}. Adele looked gorgeous too, as always, her black hair was in a high ponytail and she had ruby red lipstick on, so beautiful, Adele had gladiator hills on and I just had short high heeled boots {forgive my description of how they looked, I kinda suck at description 🙇}. After one last look at the mirror we started off to the party.

When we arrived the pack house and the grounds were already full, the time now was 6pm, the party has begun, we walked through the grounds and all eyes were on us, this was the first time people admired me, most of the time they just looked at me in disgust, it felt nice. We walked to the centre of the grounds where all the action was happening, Adele could have been with the upper class wolves in the pack house but she was with me. The party was amazing, I was told the alpha was already in the pack house enjoying himself, I wanted to see him but I didn't want to bother him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the pack house
{Forgive the change in scenes, just want you guys to get the point 🙇✨}

"Are you enjoying yourself Alpha Eanraig?", Duncan walked towards Eanraig who was standing on the outside veranda watching the party.

"Yes, its great to be back home, there are so many new faces here, and some familiar ones too".

"Yeah, the pups are increasing everyday and growing rapidly, before you know it we'll have a new Alpha", Duncan joked and joined Eanraig looking at the grounds.

"Ha! Hopefully, I'm tired of this position, but I still have time left, after all I am only 20 years old so don't count me out so soon".

"You bunch of babies, its cute looking at you guys you know?", Marcus interrupted Eanraig and Duncan.

"Oh great, its just Marcus", Duncan rolled his eyes.

"I thought it was someone important", Eanraig rolled his eyes too.

"I'm your sun and moon, of course I'm more important than any of these people" Marcus wrapped his arms around Eanraig and fake kissed his cheek.

"Um no that's my position", Betty interrupted the bromance.

Marcus turned to look at her and spit in her direction, noticing the tension Eanraig decided to stop the fight before it begun.

"Not this again, you two need to relax, don't ruin my party, after all you guys-", Eanraig paused. He stepped away from Marcus and walked slowly to the edge of the veranda, he was sniffing something, a certain beautiful and delicious smell, it smelt like strawberries, pineapples and whipped cream, he turned around and faced Betty, Duncan and Marcus who stared at him in shock.

"Luca, is that you?", Marcus approached Eanraig and looked him in the eyes, Eanraig's wolf was out, for the first time in a long time.

"What's that smell?", Luca asked.

"What smell?" Duncan walked towards Eanraig.

Eanraig turned around again, the scent was getting stronger, she's coming, he kept sniffing to find out where the smell was coming from until he found it, he found her, Eanraig stared at Layla as she walked aimlessly on the grounds,

"Mate"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the grounds

I was smelling something, or someone

"Coco, Vanilla, Cinnamon, red wine"

The smell was so delicious, my sense of smell wasn't so good but today it was perfect, I looked around aimlessly for it, I had to find it, I walked and sniffed and finally I found it, it was coming from the pack house, I walked a little closer to it and looked up to see a beautiful man looking down at me with pure silver eyes, he looked at me with a certain emotion, I never saw that emotion before, the smell is coming from him, we looked into each others eyes, I forgot about the rest of the world, I couldn't hear the loud music or the voices, it was just me and him, this connection, he must be my..

"Mate"

⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫

New Chapter finally here guys 🙌

Thanks to my few readers, I appreciate the time you took to read this book 💛😇 let me know how its going for you

Sorry this chapter is so long but I wanted you guys to understand 🙋😘

Eanraig and Layla finally meet ✨

Fun fact about the scene of how Eanraig and Layla meet I was listening to Moonlight by xxxtentacion (MHSRIP) it put me in a mood so yeah 😂🙌💛💛💛

Next chapter coming soon though 🙏 more of the new couple

Stay tuned ♥♥♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 2.5K 12
Completed { 24 November,2017} ............. Alpha, the leader, the lord, the father, the one who is loved, the one who i...
264K 5.9K 33
I was pined to the wall with his body pressed against mine. My hands were in his, held above my head and I could feel his hot breath on my neck... La...
6.6M 154K 80
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meet Layla Anderson runt of the pack. In most packs runts are taken care of, protected. Although in Layla's case this wasn't it. Ever...
1.2K 184 19
Autumn- I am not wolfless but my silver wolf needs my mate to unlock its potential. I'd been mateless for years until the fight that suddenly erupted...