A Love Like No Other

By LilyRose278

{COMPLETED} Amalie James adopted by the Anderson family has it all or so it seems. Never judge a book by its... More

Chapter 1 Gone Cuckoo
Chapter 2 Past Revealed Part 1
Chapter 3 Past Revealed Part 2
Chapter 4 Reflect, and you're a jerk!
Chapter 5 Nothing beats Ice-cream
Chapter 6 Real Mature
Chapter 8 Fight, & Break down
Chapter 9 Break Down
Chapter 10 I'm Definitely Bipolar
Chapter 11 Please Tell Me Your Kidding?!
Chapter 12 Perfect Couple
Chapter 13 Please Stay Safe
Chapter 14 Looks Like A Hurricane Went Through My Hair
Chapter 15 Ice Cold Water
Chapter 16 We're Not Taking This Deal
Chapter 17 Well You Get Used To It
Chapter 18 Memories Start to Come Back
Chapter 19 Questions & Memories!
Chapter 20 Missing Family Reunion
Chapter 21 Amusement Park
Chapter 22 Old Friends Reunite.
Chapter 23 Reminiscing, & He Never Learns
Chapter 24 Hurled At Brian
Chapter 25 Daniel's Anger, Another Threat
Chapter 26 Mystery Person...
Chapter 27 I'm Afraid Of Heights
Chapter 28 Y-You Flew?
Chapter 29 Ridiculous Heels
Chapter 30 Did You Escape Mental Asylum?
Chapter 31 Act My Age
Chapter 32 Date
Chapter 33 You're Perfect
Chapter 34 Ryan's Love
Chapter 35 Shopping Havoc
Chapter 36 There Are Only 2 Ways
Chapter 37 Breakfast
Chapter 38 They Want To Meet You
Chapter 39 My Family
Chapter 40 Do You Know This Man?
Chapter 41 You're Gonna Have A Ball.
Chapter 42 Hopeless Man
Chapter 43 Things Start To Add Up
Chapter 44 When You Put It That Way
Chapter 45 You're Really Strong, Mommy.
Chapter 46 I Would Never Lie
Chapter 47 Darkness, A Friend
Chapter 48 Even If I Have To Wait Forever
Chapter 49 I'm Not Hallucinating, am I?
Chapter 50 No Porcelain Doll
Chapter 51 Will You Let Me Love You Forever?
Chapter 52 Coolest Grandparents
Chapter 53 Preparations
Chapter 54 Arriving At Rouen
Chapter 55 Can't Live Without Her
Chapter 56 I Know You Better
Chapter 57 Wife or Wife-To-Be
Chapter 58 Congratulations, Sis.
Chapter 59 Engagement Part I
Chapter 60 He's On Stage
Chapter 61 Engagement Part II
Chapter 62 I'd Marry You Now
Chapter 63 So Jealous
Chapter 64 Perfect Daughter
Chapter 65 Trying To Make Me Cry
Chapter 66 I Do.

Chapter 7 Friends & Dinner

5.7K 162 11
By LilyRose278

I know there are many mistakes in the book but still please do give this book a shot, there would be some cliche moments but there is also character development so I hope you all give it a try.

Song Name: Story Of My Life

Singer Name: One Direction

Chapter No. 7 Friends & Dinner

Amalie's POV:

We were driving back when Austin received a call, I didn't peek, and was busy texting the person who ditched me today and letting him have it big time after all he deserved it, "What do you mean your friend ditched you?"

At that I looked up from my phone to Austin in question, he looked at me, mouthing 'Serena' I just shook my head and took the phone from Austin and put it on speaker before he could say anything, "Hey Serena!"

"H-Hey is that Amalie?"

"Yup that's me! So what happened?"

"Nothing... Just the fact that my said to be friends ditched me because I refused to go clubbing with them. Ugh!"

I sighed, "Look Serena, I'm not being harsh or anything, but if they leave you for such petty things they're not friends pretty much the reason I only have a few friends."

"I know I was being an idiot but anyways what are you doing with my brother?"

"Long story short, an idiot friend of mine was supposed to pick me but something came and he didn't come so I went to café which happened to be a regular for Austin as well hence me being with him."

"Okay, so please ask Austin can he pick me up?"

"Like I have much of a choice, next time don't go depending on worthless people." Austin said sternly.

He then face my momentarily, "I'll drop you off than pick her up."

"Not needed, pick her up with me besides I'm a free loader." I smiled.

"Alright, if it's fine with you." With that he made a U-turn and headed for the college at which Serena was studying at.

The moment we entered the premises the people inside the college to gawk openly at us, I was used to the attention but Austin was really in a bad mood, I looked around for Serena but couldn't find her, Austin called her, in the mean while I was surrounded by many students, asking me questions as to why I am here. Surprisingly I had a lot of male fans, which kind of surprised me. In the middle of trying to answer all the questions someone grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the crowd, I lost my balance and full on tripped but the person holding my hand balanced me with ease. We made it out of the crowd with his arm around my shoulder, I finally breathed in relief. I looked up to thank my savior only to see it was Austin and for some reason he had a really scary aura around him. I wonder what happened.

"Thank you, for getting me out of there." I smiled up to him, but he only nodded and holding my hand led me to their car where Serena was already standing waiting for our return.

"Thanks a bunch for picking me up, Amalie, it means a lot to me."

"My pleasure, though I kind of delayed you guys, sorry about that." I awkwardly smiled.

She in turn hugged me, "No probs, besides being a renowned actress has its downsides, hehe."

I just shook my head smiling, we were about to sit in the car while Austin was already seated in the driver's seat when a group of 4-5 girls around my and Serena's age approached us.

"OMG! I can't believe we are meeting the one and only Amalie Anderson! We are huge fans of your work." The girl with platinum blonde hair said.

Something didn't stick with me so I put up my façade, "Thank you for liking my work."

"Serena, what links did you use to get close to Amalie?" The brunette said.

My left eye twitched indicating that something wasn't right in the words they'd just used, Serena was confused, "Links? What do you mean?"

"Oh come on, you know what we mean. After all not many people can get close to Amalie! So how'd you do it?" A blonde said.

I really had enough, that's the reason I don't let people get close to me because they get accused of one thing or the other, "Why don't you ask me in my face?" I said dropping my façade, "I know Serena since high school. Due to my schedule I couldn't meet her at her college till now."

"O-Oh really, since we're all friends, can we have your number?" The blonde asked, a bit nervous.

"Hmm, I don't consider you to be friends of Serena after the way you treated her just because she declined to go clubbing with you all."

The platinum blonde roughly gripped Serena's arm making her slightly shriek in pain, "You told them?"

I could see that Austin was about to get out of the car but I beat him to it, I roughly pushed the platinum blonde away from Serena to the point she lost her balance and landed on the ground, I balance Serena and had her be behind me, "What the F*ck did you do that for?" She yelled.

"Never mess with Serena or you'll regret it and I'm not kidding!" I glared at her, my voice held an edge, I don't remember getting this hyper after the incident in freshmen year of our when Lillian was played with.

"You, bitch you don't mess with me!" she screamed. At this we had an audience and people started recording the whole thing.

She tried to lung at me, but since I have too much experience of such people I easily dodged her made her regret big by using her own strategy against her by putting her arm behind her back and twisting it with pressure but not enough to dislocate, she shrieked due to the pain. I let her go but with force and she landed on her butt, I thought they had enough and was about to lead Serena back when another one lunged for me I didn't have time to react but someone with firm grip pulled me back and my back collided to a hard chest I didn't need to look up to know it was Austin, and he shielded me from the punch by stopping it catching it in his hand, and threw the brunette backwards.

"I will speak to the management of this college for this outrageous and destructive behavior, also if anyone of you tries even to load that video anywhere." He said in bone chilling voice which even made me shiver.

He then made his sister sit in the back seat and me in the front seat, and reversed out of that college, we stopped at the signal I turned around a bit and faced Serena, "Are they really the people you associated yourself with?"

"I-I don't know, at first they seemed really nice but then they started changing, and even if I wanted to let go of them it was too late..." At the end she bowed her head.

"At the very least you could've told your brother." I sighed.

"I just didn't want to bother him with my petty issues." She didn't raise her head in the whole conversation.

"Serena, haven't I apologized for everything in the past, you could've relied on me a bit more than go through this all and alone, what would've happened if they'd forced you to go with them? Do you know the consequences of them all?" Austin said but he was anything but calm, his grip on the steering wheel was so much that his knuckles turned white.

Without thinking, I put my hand on his hand and immediately he relaxed and for a split second he looked at me, "I know it's not my place to say anything but please be gentle with Serena, she still has a lot of insecurities to get rid of them especially when you're someone in her shoes. Though, I didn't exactly approach her but I always watched her from afar. And believe me she's been through a lot." I said very gently.

I looked at my watch and it was only 1 p.m. And if I made a small detour it wouldn't matter, "If it's alright how about we head over to the same ice-cream parlor we met at?"

"I have nothing planned except for the dinner at your place, so alright." He said and we headed over to Martha's ice-cream parlor.

Wordlessly we entered and after greeting her and Dave and getting our orders we sat in the corner, just like the first time when I brought Serena here, "Wow this brings back many memories." She exclaimed.

I smiled, and sat down on one side and Serena and Austin on the opposite side of me, "Now tell me what's really going on? And why have you been hiding everything again?"

"It's as you've said, my insecurities get the best of me no matter how much I tried I can't get rid of it, and since Austin has taken over the company he has too much going on so I didn't want to add stress for him, but I never expected them to react the way they did, I am so sorry... You're not hurt right?" She asked in the end worried.

"Nope, though it was unexpected but Austin was there on time." I smiled.

And silently ate my ice-cream and thought about Serena's position. If this kept up she might really end up getting hurt, she wasn't like me so vulnerable to such bullying again, "Serena, I know you want to independent and I know you don't want rely on Austin for everything and I really applaud you for being brave, but would you lean on me if I asked you to?"

She was now thoroughly confused, "I don't get what do you mean?"

"I want you to leave that worthless college and join me and Lillian at our college, at least we're real and we would always be honest be with you. I honestly really like you and you kind of remind me of me of the past. So will you please consider?"

"Is that even possible now? I mean half the semester has passed." She asked quizzically.

"It kind of is so what do you say?"

She looked at her brother with puppy dog eyes, which took me everything not to laugh at as I use it every time I want him to do something for me.

"If you want to I'll talk to Dad about it. Leave it to me, and you can depend on me as we well you know you don't have to bear it all alone it makes me think that you've not forgiven me at all." He was sad at the end of his statement.

I didn't want to interrupt them, as it was not my place and thankfully Lil called me and I excused myself for a moment. On purpose I stayed outside. After 5 minutes I went inside and it seemed that they were waiting for me.

After that we headed for home, Austin dropped me off then went for their own home. I and Mimi started preparing for dinner tonight. I went all out on Italian cuisine for desert I prepared chocolate special vanilla forest cake, which was basically comprised of 3 layer cake in rectangular form with all layers in made up of vanilla essence with the bottom layer with whipped cream center caramel crunch ice-cream and the top layer with whipped cream mixed with many choco-chips. The outer layer was a thick covering of chocolate and has intricate design. On the short end of the cake are place cake rolls with light coating of chocolate and swirl design and the filling inside is a surprise ice-cream flavor.

After preparing everything having half an hour left before the arrival of everyone I went to change my clothes into something a bit more comfortable.

                                                                               (Bag not included.)

"Amy dear are you ready?" Mimi asked as I descended the stairs.

"Of course I am Mimi. Where's Lillian?" I asked as I looked around but couldn't spot her.

"I think she got a call so she went to attend it. She's on the terrace, I think."

I nodded and headed back upstairs where the terrace was located and was about to walk up to her when I stopped at the door and listened, "Look, asshole no matter what you do I will never get back with you!" She shouted at the person on the other end.

"And how the hell did you get my number?!"

My blood boiled after figuring out who it could be, without another moment I walked up to her took her phone, she jumped up in surprise but I didn't respond, "Look, jerk face, leave Lillian alone or you will have hell to pay for. Don't forget who you're dealing with. If I remember correctly your father is in executive planning committee of events in my father's company, so if you know what's best for you I think you should back of."

The jerk on the other side paused for a second, "Damn you! I just made one tiny mistake and you're taking it out on my family? You're a coward!"

I laughed, but coldly stated my next words, "I warned you the moment you started dating my best friend cross the line and you will have to face me, looks like you underestimated me."

"Why don't let Lillian decide for herself?! You're not her mother! Damn bitch!"

"Oh, she already gave you her answer already! Call her again and I will put my warning into action." With that I dropped the call and handed Lil her phone.

"Next time, let me deal with assholes like him. Don't bother speaking to him at all. And if he tries something don't hesitate to tell me, idiot." I said coldly.

Lil became stiff and at the moment the doorbell rang, I went inside first and opened the door for our guests, what I didn't expect was that I'd be tackled to the ground with a bone crushing hug, "What the heck...?"

"Mom and Dad agreed! Will you believe it?" Serena exclaimed or more like shouted. My poor ear.

"I will believe it but get of me! You look light weight but believe me you're not and right now you're crushing me."

"Oh sorry, I was just so excited I couldn't help it." Serena said sheepishly smiling while getting up and helping me stand.

"Anyways that was an unexpected welcome. So come on in." I led them to the lounge. Austin was wearing blue button down shirt and black jeans with his sleeves folded to his elbow while Serena was wearing baby pink color sundress which had black silhouette butterflies on the flowing bottom side below the waist. The dress ended just ended above her knees.

We were chatting and Lillian joined us shortly but she looked disturbed so on the pretense of getting refreshments I dragged her to the kitchen, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just didn't want to bother you with my problems." She sighed.

"Lil, we have been best friends since kindergarten so I want you to rely on me as much as I rely on you."

"Sometimes it seems as though, only I lean on you and you don't at all."

"Not true at all, you're the best in designing and you're pretty much the reason my birth mother's boutique is still functioning. I am the best in handling financial matters but the creativity is all yours. So you can't say that I don't rely on you. I may rely on you more than you think."

She smiled and hugged me and I hugged her back, "Now let's take these refreshments before Mimi comes here herself." I chuckled and Lil agreed.

By the time we arrived Dan and Scar, joined us and Dan was conversing with Austin while Scar was talking to Serena and for some reason she blushed at Scar's words. We joined them, and got to know she asked how many boys have asked her out. I and Lil awed together, and guys looked at us raising their eyebrows at the same time, "Nothing you need to concern yourself with." I said in a dismissive manner.

The dinner went great and though, Mimi tried to make me apologize I was adamant and didn't do it, Austin chuckled at my behavior and told Mimi it was not need besides I made splendid dinner so it was enough.

Austin's POV:

Amalie, really knew how to hold up the fort and the way she defended Serena against said friends it amazed me, but I didn't like the fact that so many men were trying to get her attention. Without thinking I pulled her out of the crowd. By grabbing her hand and with firm grip. She tripped due to which I steadied her, and walked her back to my car. I was really disheartened by the fact that Serena wasn't ready to lean on me for support. Another great quality of Amalie that I noted was that she gave space to others and wasn't nosy like previous girlfriend. I had to excuse myself due to call I received, I just ended it when Amalie came by my side.

"If it were Daniel right now I would've ended the call no matter what. You're lucky that I'm letting you off the hook but just this time. Next time I won't warn you." She said coolly.

"I'm guessing you take family dinner very seriously?" I asked chuckling.

"Not only dinner but breakfast and Lunch as well. It wouldn't be wise to go against me." She shrugged.

"And if someone did?" I countered, intrigued.

"Ask, my best friend, siblings they'll tell you happily." She smiled evilly.

I gulped, and finished the desert in my hand. I put the plate on the small round table at the side of the terrace, "I have to say that this desert was full of surprises, is this original and of some five star hotel?"

"It's original, my own recipe. I like to create things. I am happy you liked it, I don't usually this for outsiders, but you guys were an exception." She smiled. And looked ahead.

"It's been some time since I saw Serena genuinely happy, thank you..." I wasn't able to finish she cut me off, "Don't ever thank me especially when your sister is my friend. And according to her I am like a sister to her."

"I will keep that in mind but still thank you. It means a lot to me. To see her smile, genuinely. I am one of the reasons that she has such low self-esteem."

"Look, Austin I don't what happened but I have a fair guess as to what happened and it pretty might revolve around a girl you were familiar with. Leave the past in the past and focus on the present and now. Nothing more or nor less. That's what I learned through my life as of now." She explained. Her hazel eyes pierced my stormy grey ones with an intensity and care. Which I have yet to see in women.

I smiled at her words and agreed with her.      

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.7K 3.2K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
903K 22.5K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
40.5M 972K 45
Ashton Miller was the richest, most powerful and sexiest man alive. Being a multimillionaire, he had everything he could have ever wanted; girls, car...
3.4M 104K 70
( This is the second book of MR. BILLIONAIRE SERIES ) ANGELA ANDERSON is a 24 years old young woman, who is confident, independent, smart, and extrem...