EXPOSED

By True_Hawaiian

"Let me go... please." My heart began to race the closer he got. My back pressing against the wall of the sup... More

EXPOSED
1 | Paranoid
2 | Trauma Is Personal
3 | West Bridge High
4 | Interrogation
5 | Rough Day
6 | Why Not?
7 | Stop Apologizing
8 | Working On It
9 | All Nighter
10 | School Trip
11 | Passing Through
12 | Intoxicating
13 | Coping 101
14 | Distraction
15 | Family Night
16 | A Stand Off
Rainer VS Trey
17 | Stubborn Girl
18 | Code Black
19 | Mixed Emotions
20 | Late Confessions
21 | The Unknown Message
23 | Ride or Die
24 | For Attention
25 | You're Better Off
26 | Lake Night
27 | Strike One
28 | Strike Two
29 | Strike Three
30 | Flip The Switch
31 | Jealousy & Secrets
32 | Intruders
33 | Endless Questions
34 | She's Hurting
35 | The Damn Notes
36 | Not A Word
37 | Make Them Squirm
38 | For Now
39 | Day By Day
40 | Walls Crumbling Down
41 | You Tell Me
42 | Blood, Sweat, & Stupid
43 | Unbelievable
44 | Night Before Hell
45 | Lights Out
46 | By The Hours
47 | The Ugly Choice

22 | Tick-tock, Amura

723 27 18
By True_Hawaiian

I need a break from existing.

"Are you sure?"

I never should have moved.

"I am very sure."

I should of just stayed back.

"Because if he isn't, I swear to god-"

"With all do respect, I've been a doctor for over fifteen years. I think I know what I'm talking about." The doctor sassed.

I felt the sudden rage build inside of me again.
My fists clenched while sending the coldest stare.

"Your a doctor and a human not a god! Your not perfect, you make mistakes. You can fuck up... if my friend isn't one hundred and ten percent better, I will personally fuck you up." I hissed as she took steps back in fear.

"Zaya!"

The doctor fixes her white coat and smiles.
"I'll get your release papers."

She left the room before any of us could respond.

"What was that?" Andrè said sitting up from the hospital bed.

"Nothing." I mumble handing him his clothes.

"I'm fine, Zay... You have nothing to worry about. I just have a few bruised ribs and a concussion." He slips off his hospital gown.

I wrap my arms around myself. "You scared me."

Flashback

"Heart rage is dropping...the victim is still unconscious." The paramedic lists as she checks him for the second time.

"Andrè... his name is Andrè." I cried refusing squeezing his cold hand. "He has a name and it's Andrè."

My body jolts up at the speed the ambulance was going. My eyes immediately found their way to Andrè who still remained lifeless. Blood trickling from his head to his face made my heart ache.

The paramedics eyes soften and she gives an apologetic smile.

"Andrè..." she corrects herself. "Andrè still remains-"

A loud gasp filled the van with a few coughs following after.

"Shit." He mumbles clenching onto his side.

"Andrè, your alive!"

"Barely." He groans, trying to sit up but he fell back down. "Zay..."

"I thought you were dead!" I released his hand to hold onto my seat for balance.

"Zay..."

He looked like he was determined, serious. He's rarely this serious, even in situations like this.

"I need you to do me a favor..."

End of FlashBack

"I'm sorry, love." He slips on his dark jeans.

"Do you have any idea who it was?" I questioned as he slowly puts on his shirt.

"Doesn't matter, it's over with." He said in a dry tone.

"Do you think it was on purpose?" I questioned again. "Maybe we should tell-"

"No you promised! Remember the favor I asked you on the way here. When I was fighting for my life..." he holds onto his bruised ribs, scrunching his face.

I roll my eyes. "Maria, my best friend-your sister will kill us both if she finds out."

"What she doesn't know won't kill us." He shrugs with a smirk.

I shake my head.

"Relax Zay, I'm fine... stop worrying." He pulls me by my shirt. He wraps his arms around my back. "It was just an accident."

But it wasn't.

It was far from an accident.

I have a feeling that this isn't the end of it.

———

As a kid you learn that honesty is the best policy, Cheaters never win, and never show fear in front of other kids.

Those lessons were totally forgotten.

A few days went by since the "accident". I haven't heard from the creepy number since. I haven't told anyone about the accident or the number. I've been constantly looking over my shoulder feeling paranoid all the time.

I need to keep busy.

I need to be occupied.

Jayce Calaway, He's been arrested four times and has escaped three times. He's murdered more than 20 people, robbed fifteen banks documented, and favors explosions.

"The Royals?"

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest as I let out a small shriek.

"Jesus Luke you scared me." I breathe and he lets out a small chuckle.

"Easy there jumpy..." he snatched the phone from my hands. "Jayce Calaway... see I told you he was legit."

"He was strong, fearless, powerful. Many articles say he was one of the most feared and wanted criminals..." I state as I steal my phone back. "And he so easily dies in a mysterious house fire?"

"Yeah it's sad how life works." He shakes his head crossing his arms. "Why are you here all alone?"

I shrug. "It's quiet...nobody goes in the library. Why are you here?"

"It's like you said... nobody comes here." He smiles tucking his hands in his front pockets. "Don't you have class?"

"Free period... you?"

"I hate chemistry with a passion." He states taking a seat across from me. "You wanna grab some lunch off campus?"

Remember Zaya.

Keep busy.

"Sure... what about Maria?" I shrug.

"I didn't see her all day. I think she skipped today." He stands to his feet. "She wasn't in any of my classes...Maybe she overslept."

"When I went to her dorm room this mornings he was gone. I thought she was already here." Luke shrugs and smiles.

"It's Marìa, I'm sure she's fine."

"Before we go can we swing by my locker first, I need to get some books."

I remember when we were younger he would buy roses for all the girls in his class on Valentine's Day. Random thought I know, but he was so sweet and innocent back then. He was always known to be the good one with a bright future. Not some gang member who's unsure they'll live to see another day.

The unknown is terrifying especially when it involves your loved ones lives.

As I slowly grab my books from my locker, my phone vibrates. Without even thinking I immediately open it.

I immediately recognize the number on my screen. Seeing as I forced myself to memorize that creepy mystery number.

I quickly look around but it was just us in the empty halls. I notice Luke's brows slowly drawing together. His jaw clenching along with the hand that held his phone.

"What's wrong?" I worried at his pace in breathe, I tuck my phone away. He looked
like he was going to explode. "Luke, whats wrong?"

"They have Marìa and Ezra." He hissed finally looking up.

"Wait what... who's they?"

"I don't know they just sent me these videos." I lean over to see Marìa struggling in a metal chair. Her hands and feet tied down while her mouth was stuffed with a cloth.

I narrowed my eyes to get a better look at her surroundings. There was a window behind her but it was partly boarded with wood. The walls behind her was like a cabin almost feel.

"Oh my god." I breathe as I play Ezra's video.

Ezra was badly beaten, a mixture of dirt and blood on his clothes, a rope tied against his mouth. He seemed to be slightly swaying back and forth. The masked men behind him fought to keep their balance.

"They can be anywhere." I croaked, trying my best to hold back my tears.

"They sent me a map, they are both forty five minutes away and they're giving me fifty minutes to save them. How the fuck am I supposed to save them both?" He furiously scrolls through his phone. To see if there's more I guess but there wasn't.

Before I could come up with an answer my phone vibrates against my skin, again. I felt my body jolt a bit before actually reaching between the waist band.

Then it dawned on me.

"You don't."

"What?" He furrows his brows with his mouth partly open.

"They're giving us fifty minutes for a forty five minute drive... they want us to choose one or the other, Luke." I explain feeling sick to my stomach for saying this. "We basically get to choose out of our two best friends, who gets to fucking live."

"Simple Marìa." He answers nonchalantly, making his way to the exit.

"Luke! Hold on, we can't do that!"

"We have no choice."

"You're not gonna think about it? He's our friend!" I exclaim, trying to keep up with his long strides.

He makes an abrupt stop. "We have no time to think, Zaya! I'm sorry but if the rolls were switched Ezra would save you and kill my ass. We have a different mindset now, he's a Glacier and I'm a V.K. That's how it is."

Whoever is behind this knew Luke would choose Marìa over a Glacier in a heartbeat. It's hard to accept that your best friends are associated with danger gangs. I forget that he deals with similar dangerous situations like this on a daily.

Ezra too, I'm sure he's dealt with dangerous shit. He's in the Glac... oh my god...

"He's in a gang." I muttered.

"What?"

"He's in a gang!" I repeat with more volume. "He's in the Glaciers... Trey can help us." I turn away to find him but Luke quickly grabs my arm.

"Over my dead body." His eyes darken, the Luke I once knew disappeared.

"He's my best friend, Luke! We can't just leave him!"

"What about Maria?" He sudden raise in volume took me back a bit.

"Maria and Ezra are my best friends! That hasn't changed a bit! We need Treys help wether you like it or not!"

"This doesn't involve you... I don't know why I told-"

"Am I speaking French... they're my best friends, Luke! Of course it fucking involves me... now suck it up, put aside my balls are bigger mindset so we can save them both!" Before he could respond I turn away to find Trey. 

As I quickly searched the halls going door to door, I heard Luke slowly follow behind. I finally saw Trey sitting in the back corner of the room, with his legs propped up on the table. I quickly took out my phone typing away

I watched him take his phone out rather bored. He rose his head and immediately smirks.

"Help." I mouthed to him and his smirk fades.

He quickly got up from his chair without hesitation and walked out. I discreetly heard the teacher scolding him before the door closes.

"Everything okay, Lynx?"

There's that name again.

"Ezra and Maria was kidnapped. This anonymous number sent Luke their separate locations. They want us to choose who lives... They're both forty five minutes away and we have less then fifty minutes to save them." I let out a breathe feeling a bit relieved.

"You don't know who sent it?" He looks toward Luke and he simply glares at Trey. "Look the longer we take the greater your chances of your friend Marìa dying."

"No I don't... now can we go now?" He responds with a dry tone.

"Give me the coordinates, Jack ass." Trey hissed taking out his phone. Luke rolls his eyes holding out his phone.

"Lets go." Luke spat already half way down the halls. "Zaya your with me... Trey your on your own."  I look at Trey one last time and his eyes soften.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna save him." He reassures, caressing my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"Be careful, please."

"When am I not?" He smiles placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

I wanted to believe him just like the other times he told me not to worry. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

My gut is really telling me that this won't be easy.

"We need to hurry." Luke huffs as he rushes over to his car.

"I'm quite aware." I respond with sass as I get into the passenger side. "Your car smells funny..." I felt my phone vibrate once again and without looking I opened the text.

"Luke..." my voice trailed as I read the text over.

"It's gas..." Luke's voice suddenly brought me out of my trance. "Zaya, Get out of the car."

"What?"

"ZAYA NOW!" His booming voice made my body respond before my mind could process.

Am I laying down?

Why does it hurt to move?

I open my eyes to see Luke hovered over me with his hands on my shoulders. I could see her his moving but nothing came out. My ears were too busy ringing.

I propped myself up on my elbows, my eyes drew to the huge fire that was burning behind him.

Human soul on fire... bomb.

Suddenly my phone vibrates once again.

Without hesitation I opened it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

Happy New Years!

What did ya think of the chapter babes?

~ Xoxo
True_Hawaiian

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342 11 46
Love. Love is such a strong word. Love is something you feel for someone you truly care about. Right? So is love ever possible to feel for someone th...
5.5K 211 43
When two girls have been professionally trained to be spies and for any mission. They have been trained; how to lie, get out of dangerous situations...
7.9K 230 29
Zara was sent to juvenile for burning down her crush father's lake house, for 2 years she was 16 years old........ 2 years later Zara was free she g...
1M 26.5K 91
#17 in teen fiction (28/12/18) #7 in girls (02/01/19) #14 in teen fiction (15/04/19) #3 in boys (10/11/19) PUBLISHED✅: 15/06/17 COMPLETED FULLY✅: 06...