Being The Only Girl

By DreamySha

Taylor grew up without knowing her mother ever since her mother died after giving birth to her. Taylor had to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 3

2.5K 74 1
By DreamySha

Taylor POV

"Tay heads up!" Iggy called out and pass the ball to me. I grabbed the ball and dribble away and pass it over to Christina who's in my team.

I'm in a basketball team and we always had practice early in the morning before school, sometimes after school. Iggy and I are sporty while Gil is more of photography and fashion.

I ran across the court and Jackie pass the ball over to me, I throw to the net and it went inside.

"Yes! Great job!" my team mates said as they pat my back.

The coach blow his whistle. "Alright girls! Thats it for today. After school, there's tryout for the freshman and people who interested in, Iggy and Taylor make sure you'll be there!" he told us sternly.

Iggy is the captain while I'm just the co-captain.

"Don't worry coach, we'll be there." Iggy said. He nod and dismiss us.

We sigh in relief and walk over to the girls locker room. Iggy nudge me, "Tryouts huh. Can't wait." she exclaimed. I laugh, "Relax Gy, it's only tryouts." I laughed.

She rolled her eyes. I grabbed my towel and went to take a shower since my body is so sweaty.

After the shower, I changed into my ripped jeans and tank top with flannel shirt, leaving it unbotton.

I tied my hair up in a ponytail, spray a little perfume and grabbed my backpack and left the locker room with Iggy who is waiting for me by the door. "Do you think the new kid will come school today?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know Gy, I don't even know him." I answered.

She huffed, "Jeez I'm just asking. You don't have to said that in your sarcastic tone." She muttered.

I grinned and slung my arm over her shoulder, "Aww don't be mad Iggy."

"Hey there's my little sister!" the annoying voice said before I could even see him.

I groaned, "Leave me alone Sam."

He grinned, "Why should I? You're my twin and so I have to stick around you all the time." he said with a wink. I scrunched up my nose, Iggy who is beside me sigh dreamily. I smack her at her arm, "Snap out of it!"

She wince and rubbed her arm, scowling at me. "There's no need for violence." she exclaimed. I grinned sheepishly and walk away.

I close my locker and about to turn around when I bump into someone and drop my binder and books.

"I'm sorry." I said and bend down to grabbed my stuff.

He help me collect my stuff. We stood up and he hand me over my stuff. I look up at him and froze. Jared. The new kid. He had beautiful mesmerized grey eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't look where I was going." his deep voice said.

I blink and smile, "No it's okay." I said and side step him and walk away. "Hey, wait! I didn't catch your name." he called out.

I turn around and grinned, "That's because I didn't throw it." I joked and wave and turn back around and walk to my first class just as the bell rings.

----

The bell rang.

I walk to my next class which is calculus.

Just one more class before lunch. I can do this.

I walk in and walk to the back of the class. Sam walked in with Anthony and they went to sit in the middle of the class. The teacher assign our seat and of course I always have the backseat.

The bell rang and the teacher walked in. "Alright class, we have a new student here. Jared McCrory." she said just as Jared presence himself. The girls sigh and the cheerleaders at front sit up straighter and adjust their hair and all and start giving him the flirty look which I just rolled eyes at.

"Please tell us about yourself Mr McCrory." Ms Doris said. Jared cleared his throat, "I'm from Amsterdam and I'm half British and American." he stated.

Sam snorted, "That's explain the English accent." he retorted then turn to me, "Am I right Tay Tay?" he said.

I quirk my eyebrow, "Don't involve me in your nonsense stuff Samuel." the class erupt in laughter. Sam glared at me, "What did I say about fullnames." he exclaimed.

"Okay enough. Jared, take a seat beside Taylor please." Ms Doris said and went to her desk to grabbed her markers.

Jared walk to the back of the class, ignoring the girls who flirted with him. He set his backpack on the table next to me and sit. "Hey." he whisper.

I smile, "Hi."

The girls glare at me while Sam narrowed his eyes at Jared. "Is he your boyfriend?" he asked as he point at Sam using his head.

I chuckled. "No, he's my twin. Ew that's gross." he chuckled lowly and my heart beat fastened at the sound of his laugh. "I'm sorry. I didn't know." he said.

I stare into his eyes that stare at me looking like he look into my soul and somehow almosg lost myself at how intense his eyes were. I blink and cleared my throat just as Ms Doris start talking.

Jared chuckled from beside me and we didn't say anything after that.

---

It's lunch time.

I was nearly on edge.

The good kind. I was so nervous, I almost couldn't walk properly. Jared is like distracted me from learning. He would brush his arms or legs with mine. And I could feel his eyes staring at the side of my face.

Then he would use his fingers to brushed his fingers with mine that is holding the pen so tight, I thought that I would actually break the pen into two.

"You're okay?" Gil asked as she sat across from me with Iggy beside her.

I blink, "Huh?" they chuckled, "You really need to stop zoning out Taylor." Iggy said. I sigh and shrug as I took a bite from the pizza.

"Have you met the new kid?" Gil asked, "I tell you now, the computer do no justice in how good looking He is in real life." she sigh dreamily.

I look at her blankly, "Really Gil? Don't you have anything better to do?" I asked.

She laugh, "Well he could be my male model in photography project." she joked. Then stop, "Actually that's a great idea. The project is on fashion. So I could totally use Jared as a model." she grinned.

Iggy and I laugh and shook our heads at our obsessed photography friend.

"Hi Tay."

I smile, "Hey Cody." he sit beside me and propped his elbow up on the table. He sigh, "Oh by the way you still coming for this weekend, right?" he asked.

I shrug, "Yes. I'm totally coming. Wouldn't miss a chance for it." I joked.

He rolled his eyes, "Glad you could come though."

"You lost me at coming." Gillian said. We laugh, "Cody is recording his first official song for his YouTube this weekends. He want me to be there." I told her.

She gasped, "And you don't want me to be there? I feel so loved Cody, thank you." she cried out dramatically. Cody rolled his eyes, "You guys can come too."

Iggy clapped her hand, "Can't wait. And Taylor, when are you ever gonna finish your songs?" she asked me skeptical.

I huff, "The song didn't write itself by the snap of my finger." I retorted.

"Still it took you like forever to write just one song." she shot back as she hold up one finger.

"Drama queen." Gil coughed. Iggy glare playfully at Gillian before huffing and munch on her pizza.

The bell rang and we stood up to make our way to the next class. I said my goodbye to Iggy and make my way to the next class with Gil and Cody.

---

Coach blow his whistle to catch our attention. We stop talking and stare at him. "Okay girls. Run 10 laps and do 20 push up. The tryout will be held after this." He said and blow his whistle.

The girls groaned while Iggy and I start our jog at a comfortable pace. "Hey that's the new kid." a girl mutter from behind.

I run a little ahead of Iggy since she's already sort of tired. I overtake some girls who are walking are jogging so slow. I heard girls sigh dreamily, making me inwardly gagged and rolled my eyes.

After the 10 laps, I stopped and take a few deep breaths before doing my 20 pushups. Iggy groaned from beside me and she start doing her pushups.

The coach whistle few minutes later. The girls groaned and start complain about their muscles cramps. I drink my water and wipe my sweats off with my small towel. "Alright good job girls." He told us.

The people who are here for the tryout walk down the bleachers and stand awkwardly in the court.

"Alright! In basketball is the same just like other sports." Iggy started, "We Will be judging you by your skills, strength, physically and mentally." she announced.

"Do your own warm-up." she ordered. "I'll tell you what to do next."

She went to the first seat and sit down taking a clipboard that held a list of name who is trying out for the tryouts. My eyes somehow met with the grey ones. He smile and waved at me. I managed a small smile before turning and took my sit beside Iggy.

After few hours, Iggy finally blow the whistle, they dropped to the ground from doing the planting and groaned.

"Alright that's it for today. The results will be next week. So be here at the same time alright. You're dismissed." Iggy said.

I laugh from behind her and make my way to the locker. "What's so funny?" I heard her asked.

I shrug, "Just weird. Seeing you all serious and giving orders." I answered.

She huff, "Your annoying side is coming out." she whined making me laugh.

After the shower and all, I said my goodbye with the girls and left the locker room. Sam probably wait for me at the car or I'm the one who will have to wait for him.

I walk out the front door and I'm right, Sam is nowhere in sight. Means, I'll have to wait for him.

I sit at the hood of his car and grabbed my glasses to shade my eyes from the sun. I lean back and just sigh as I crossed my arms and close my eyes.

"You could go to the beach for a tan, you know." a deep familiar voice said.

I sit up straighter and look at the guy. And ny heart beat fastened at the playful glint in his eyes and the way he smile.

Oh my god, what is he doing to me?

"Oh hi Jared." I said.

He grinned and walk closer towards me. "So Taylor, what are you doing here? Aren't you tired from the practice you had just now?" he asked as he raised his eyebrows.

I gulp, "Well Yeah but I have to wait up for my brother." I said.

"Ah Sam right?" he said, I nod my head. He chuckled, "I have a little talk with him during lunch." he stated. "Nice guy but very protective."

I groaned, "Please he's always like that." I said as I covered my face with my hands. He laugh, "Though he's warning doesn't scare me." He told me.

I look at him, "Really?" I squeak out. Surprised that he's not scared. Usually the boys here scared of him.

He shook his head, "Nope not a little bit at all."

"I have an older brother." I pointed out.

He grinned, "Still not scared."

I throw my hands in the air, "Well it's your death wish anyway."

He smirk and lean towards me resting his hand at either side of me on the car. "Aren't you tired of hiding behind your brother all the time?" he whisper, "Don't you want to have your own little fun?" he asked.

His breath hit my face, makes me weak at the knees. He pull my shades off and stare in my eyes. My heart skip a beat as my breathing hitched.

"Uh... Sam will be here any minute." I mutter. He grinned, "So be it. You should live a little. Stop letting them control you." he said.

"Pfft I did not let them control me." I retorted. He quirk his eyebrows, "Oh no? When was the last time you went on a date?" he shot back.

I stayed silent. He grinned triumphantly, "Exactly! You don't even went on a date before." he pointed out.

I rolled my eyes, "So I never been on a date before, big deal. Your point is?" I asked, bored and annoyed.

He smirk, "Go on a date with me." He said. But more like demanding. My mouth dry. I have never been ask on a date. I stare at him wide eyes as my lips dry.

"Taylor!" I turn around and paled when I see Sam walk his way here, fuming. I look back at Jared, he seems calm as he look at Sam amused.

I'm in so much trouble.

~~~

Updated!
Comment&Vote!!!
xoxoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377 39 18
A girl named Amaya is living a false life thinking that the father she is living with is her real father not knowing that the person she hates and...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...
134K 2.7K 105
A fifteen year old girl moves across the country to LA and along the way runs into her first friend from the celebrity city. But becoming close to Ca...
201K 2.7K 44
Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl who's grown up with everything handed to...