Star Wars: Scars

By theBaddestBatch

"The greatest of men are those with a thousand scars. Because great men are forged in the healing of a thousa... More

Copyright
Dramatis Personae
Playlist
Table of Contents
Prologue
| Part 1 - Childhood Bonds |
Part 1 - 1
Part 1 - 2
Part 1 - 3
Part 1 - 4
Part 1 - 5
Part 1 - 6
Part 1 - 7
| Part 2 - Remember the Fallen |
Part 2 - 1
Part 2 - 2
Part 2 -3
Part 2 - 4
Part 2 - 5
Part 2 - 6
Part 2 - 7
Part 2 - 8
Part 2 - 9
Part 2 -10
Part 2 - 11
| Part 3 - Who You Are |
Part 3 - 1
Part 3 - 2
Part 3- 3
Part 3 - 4
Part 3 - 5
Part 3 - 6
Part 3 - 7
Part 3 - 8
Part 3 - 9
Part 3 - 10
Part 3 - 11
Part 3 - 12
| Part 4 - Rebuilding A Family |
Part 4 - 1
Part 4 - 2
Part 4 - 4
Part 4 - 5
Part 4 - 6
Epilogue

Part 4 - 3

114 7 16
By theBaddestBatch

Home.

Several years ago that would've been just another random ship floating in the middle of the galaxy.

Several more years and it would've been anywhere the Haze was.

Now, Creed knew exactly where home was for him. Right beside the woman who would be his wife in only a few short days.

He'd never imagined settling down, but it didn't seem such a strange idea now. He'd found a woman he loved who loved him back, his brothers were safe, and the war was at a lull for the time being.

He was still a soldier, though, and he knew that if he wanted to protect his family and his home settling down wouldn't be an option for a while, if ever at all.

He could dream, though.

"Creed?"

He picked up his head some and turned onto his stomach, looking up at the foot of the stairs where she stood.

"Yeah?" He asked.

Skylar moved over to the arm of the couch. "You sure you'll be alright down here?"

He nodded and smiled, rolling back onto his back and taking her hand. "I'll be fine. It's only for a few more days," he said.

She smiled and laughed a bit.

He smiled more when she did and squeezed her hand gently. He couldn't wait.

"Well goodnight, then, I'll see you in the morning," she said and kissed his head, brushing her fingers through his hair.

"Love you, goodnight," he mumbled, closing his eyes when she did that.

"Love you too," she said, then gently pulled her hand away and started up the steps to her room again.

Creed rolled over and curled onto his side happily, settling into a deep sleep before long.

The next morning he woke before Skylar. Getting up he folded the blanket like normal and headed to the kitchen. Skylar didn't usually let him cook on his own in the kitchen, but she wasn't up, and he knew some of what he was doing. Just so long as he didn't try boiling water things should be fine.

Heading into the kitchen he pulled out a pan and then searched through the fridge until he found eggs, milk, and butter. He grabbed the baking mix she used for pancakes and biscuits and a bowl, then began to mix together the ingredients he usually watched her use for pancakes. He reminded himself to use more milk than he would for biscuits. He stirred it together quickly in the bowl and then set the bowl aside and pulled out a second pan.

Pausing momentarily, he poked his head out of the kitchen to make sure she wasn't up yet. He smiled when he saw she was still asleep upstairs and headed back into the kitchen. He turned the stove on, cracked the eggs and stirred in a bit of milk. He then grabbed a cup and poured some of the batter into the second pan and poured the eggs into a second pan.

He watched the batter carefully as he cooked the eggs and once the eggs were done he used both pans to finish the pancakes before piling them all onto a plate. He cleared everything up and set the eggs and pancakes on the table, grabbing out plates. He did, if nothing else, at least know how to set the table.

Once he finished up he poked his head out of the kitchen again. She still seemed asleep, so he turned around and grabbed the kettle she kept at the back of the stove. Skylar liked caf in the mornings sometimes. He couldn't stand the taste, but the smell usually got him up. Plus, with the kettle, there was no chance that he could mess up boiling water; he hoped.

He filled it with water and set it on the back of the stove until it was steaming, then he pulled it off and poured it into the caf-maker. He then turned it on and let it work, glancing over it quietly. If he could scrounge together some extra credits he might have to buy her a new one. She said this was fine, but she shouldn't have to boil water every time she wanted to make coffee. The maker was supposed to do that, except her's was broken. Plus, it would make a good gift if he got her a new one. She deserved it.

He looked up when he heard steps and peeked out of the kitchen to see Skylar wandering down the stairs. He smiled and waved to her. "Hey, I have breakfast ready for you," he said.

"You made breakfast?" she asked, brushing back her unruly hair as she laughed.

"Hey! I think I did a good job," he retorted and retreated into the kitchen. He waited for her, though, and then let her get settled.

"I'm sure you think so," she said and took a seat, looking at it. She smiled softly. "It does indeed look delicious," she admitted.

Creed poured her a cup of caf and brought it over to her. "I hope it tastes as good as it looks then," he said and sat down next to her.

Skylar picked up the mug and took a sip, smiling as she reached and took his hand. "I'm sure it will."

Creed smiled and served her before serving himself. Surprisingly enough he discovered that he had indeed done a decent job. He had missed the salt in the eggs but that was easily remedied and breakfast actually turned out well.

After breakfast he helped her clean up and put the kitchen back in order before they headed to the living room. Skylar had taken off all work for the week and Creed was one one months leave.

"Isn't your brother coming in tonight for the wedding?" Skylar asked as she sat down on the couch.

Creed sat beside her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder's. "Both of them, yes. I don't know if Chaos is bringing Desin or not, but I would imagine so, since she is now his girlfriend."

"When are they gonna get married?" Skylar asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked at Creed.

Laughing softly, Creed leaned his head back. "Someday soon, I hope."

Skylar laughed softly and shifted over, leaning against him. "I agree," she said and leaned her head against his chest.

Creed wrapped both arms around her and brushed his finger's through her hair as he held her. "Are you ready for tomorrow?" he asked softly.

"More than ready," she said and closed her eyes.

"Me too. I can't wait," he admitted. "I love you so much, I just want to married already."

She laughed softly. "You have no patience."

"None," he agreed. He kissed her head and held her closer.

"Hey, Chaos, Silver, Desin, come in!"

Creed looked up as he heard Skylar greeting their guests and he rose from the couch to walk over, embracing Chaos tight as he saw his brother. "You made it!" he said, hugging his brother tight.

"Hey!" Chaos said and hugged him back before squirming out. He flopped down on the couch and looked around.

"So this is your place now, sorta."

"Whaddya mean, sorta?" Creed asked, narrowing his eyes as he shoved his brother lightly.

"Well, ya ain't married yet..." Chaos teased, shoving Creed back.

"And?" Creed retorted.

"Both of you, get up," Skylar ordered, hands on her hips.

Creed scrambled up and Chaos got to his feet as well, sticking his tongue out some. "Hehe, you gotta listen to a woman."

Rolling his eyes, Creed looked over at Desin before glancing at Chaos. "Oh, and you don't?"

Desin laughed and Chaos scowled. "Well she doesn't shoo me off the couch."

Walking over and taking his hand, Desin kissed his cheek. "That's because I never let you on it in the first place," she teased.

Creed burst out laughing and so did Silver, who until that moment had been standing on his own by the door. Skylar just shook her head and rolled her eyes.

Once everything quieted down Skylar had them all come into the kitchen for dinner, which Creed proudly announced he'd helped with.

"So, are we the only ones coming tomorrow?" Chaos asked as they all settled around the table.

"Yeah, we wanted to keep it small," Creed said, helping Skylar set the table and get everyone a plate of food.

"How nice to we need to dress?" Silver asked, picking up his fork with his good arm and looking up at them.

Creed sat down beside Skylar and took her hand under the table. "Semi-formal?" Creed suggested.

Skylar elbowed him. "Formal," she said.

He laughed weakly and kissed her cheek. "I'm kidding," he said.

She rolled her eyes and started eating. Creed started to eat as well, the five of them talking affably throughout the dinner, discussing the next day and their plans. After they finished everyone cleaned up and they gathered in the living room to continue talking. Creed properly introduced everyone to Skylar since she'd only ever met Chaos before.

"So, you're a force user but you work as a medic. I thought all force users were supposed to be Jedi or Sith or something like that?" Skylar asked, leaning forward some.

"Well, I should've been taken to the Jedi order, but my powers aren't strong enough to be sensed," she said. "I don't think I'd want to be a Jedi anyway, I much prefer the medical field."

"Was it something your parents did?" Skylar asked.

Desin shook her head. "No, my parents...well, I didn't know them very well. My uncle practically raised me."

"What's he do?" Creed asked, leaning over and wrapping and arm around Skylar.

"He's...uh, he's a mercenary. Not really the bad kind, just a mercenary," she said.

Creed nodded. "Sounds like an interesting job," he said.

"Really?" Desin asked, cocking her head.

Creed shrugged. "I'm an assassin, mercenary can't be that bad," he said.

"Oh, well that makes sense," Desin said.

"Do we have to wear suits?" Silver whined, taking to Chaos.

"Yes," Skylar and Desin chorused firmly.

Creed laughed softly and patted Silver's back. "Sorry, but at least you won't be alone," he said.

Skylar smacked him.

Creed yelped, grabbing his arm.

Chaos and Silver just laughed.

0600 came too early. Creed rolled over and sat up, stretching. He grabbed for his comm to check the time and found it was buzzing quietly, still on silent from the day before. Frowning he turned it on and got up, moving to the kitchen just in case. He knew the other's would be waking soon but he didn't want to rouse them too soon.

"Hello?" he asked, closing the door to the kitchen.

"Trooper Creed?" a rough voice asked. Creed instantly recognized it as the dispatch voice with a sinking feeling. 

"That's me," he admitted quietly. 

"Leave's been cut short, you've been reassigned effective immediately."

"Where to?" Creed mumbled, scowling a bit as he thought about the wedding. What would he do? He couldn't simply leave and postpone this. This meant too much. 

"Lothal. I was told you're already in the area. We got word that Separatist's are only a few parsecs away and heading to the area. We have a troop detachment on the way. You're to assist and use your specialized abilities to take down their head of operations. The Commander of the troops will bring you more specifics," he told her. 

"Yessir," Creed responded, quietly letting out a small breath. So he had time, just not much. Probably not enough to go through with the original wedding plan, but he had enough time for an alternate idea. 

He hung up the comm call, pocketed the call, then opened the door to see Chaos and Silver were up. He could hear steps and a moment later saw Skylar descending the stairs. Desin was nowhere to be seen but Creed assumed she was still asleep or getting ready.

Skylar came down the stairs, dressed normally. The wedding hadn't been planned until that afternoon, but Creed had another plan.

He moved quickly over to Skylar and took her hands as she reached the bottom step, pulling her aside into the kitchen.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"I've been reassigned. The Separatists, they're coming here. We may have to change plans, love," he said. "I'm so sorry..."

She looked down, seeming a bit dejected, then she looked up with a gentle smile. "It's alright. I understand. War waits for no man."

"This doesn't mean we have to postpone the marriage, though," he said, smiling a bit and holding her close.

She cocked her head and he just kissed her nose, pulling her back towards the living room. "Come with me, I'll explain."

He led her into the living room and looked at Chaos and the others, explaining to them what had happened. Then he explained his plan. 

"It's a mandalorian method. A little shorter than what we planned, and no formal clothes unless you want," he said. "But, if it's alright with you..." he added, looking at Skylar.

"If it mean's we're married, then absolutely," she said, kissing his cheek.

Creed smiled and nodded. He took both of her hands in his and looked into her eyes. "Repeat these words, after me then say them with me," he said softly. "Mhi solus tome, mhi solus dar'tome, mhi me'dinui an, mhi bar'juri verde."

"Mhi solus tome, mhi solus dar'tome, mhi me'dinui an, mhi bar'juri verde," she answered. 

Creed smiled softly as they repeated it together, sealing the pact. When it was done he pulled her close and kissed her, holding her tight. 

Creed could hear Silver gagging in the back and ignored him as he held Skylar close. The woman he loved, now his wife. He almost couldn't believe it. This was the absolute best moment of his life.

"Ni kar'taylir darasuum gar," he whispered as he pulled away, holding her closer. 

"I love you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

970 74 25
The Dar'Aliit have no family, and no clan. Clone trooper Kian remembers what it was like to have those things, but like the Dar'Aliit, they are now h...
503 21 6
Follow Melony, a girl born into a Mando'a family but gifted with the curse of her ancestors arch nemesis, through the darkest time in galactic histor...
726 10 10
The Clone Wars end, Chancellor Palpatine is revealed as the Sith Lord and taken down by the Jedi, the chips are found and deactivated, Order 66 never...
13.9K 633 46
Lesia Mirri never wanted to be a Jedi. The rules of the Code didn't sit well with her restless spirit. Lesia resisted their teachings and attempted t...