Unraveling

By maxine247

America is the world's number one superpower. We all know that. And to be a superpower, you gotta have a stro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N: 10k
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 28

3.5K 124 100
By maxine247

*Wattpad cut off alot of  words. Sorry guys. It's fixed now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He sniffled, his wrist was hurting so much and he was so hungry.

His family didn't like him being hungry. They had fed him...... No. Stop it. He didn't miss them.

He really didn't.

The Pres was just showing him tough love. That's all.

America placed the paper he had in the finished pile. And went on to grab another. His stomach growled again and he wiped a tear. 

He knew they wouldn't feed him.

He had been working for 6 hours now. He would say he was about halfway done. Another 8 hours... 

Wait... what if he didn't finish?

Oh no...... He didn't even want to think about that. Would they yell at him? Would they hit him? 

If they had already taken away his freedom of choice then who knows what they would do next?

You know what? Maybe he was being too dramatic. Ok, the President was trying to help him. Honestly, he had been so selfish just thinking about himself. People needed him. Countries needed him.

The world needed him.

Yeah. His pres was just watching out for him. He was a really good guy.

But still..... his stomach turned at the thought of what could happen if he didn't finish.

He started to tremble, he was a bit scared. But why? The President was being so understanding to him, and here he was just messing it all up.

Being weak.

Why was he still so scared? The Pres was trying to help, he was trying to make him strong again.... It was okay, it was just tough love...

Yeah... the Pres cared about him.... This was all just for his own good.

But he was still whimpering and shaking, why was his body saying differently?

He really had gotten soft. Hadn't he? But still..... His fam- they didn't treat him like this... They didn't yell at him... well Diego did.... But he apologized.

Yeah... his baby brother had apologized.. The Pres and agents hadn't....

America shook his head, he had to stop thinking about that. About them... But it was so hard. He went back to work, going through papers faster. If asked, he wouldn't admit how scared he was.

And if one of the agents asked through the door, he wouldn't admit that he was crying.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lunch had only been probably a handful of rice with some water. That's all.

But Alfred didn't dare complain. He didn't want to get yelled at.

But still... his family- the betrayers had gave him more. And.... and he barely bothered eating it... But no matter what, they were still so nice to try and get him to eat and yet...

He didn't appreciate them..

He whimpered and sighed as he finished another sheet of paper and looked at the clock.

9:20pm.

He was still so hungry.

Dinner hadn't come yet.

Oh God, his wrist felt so painful. But luckily, there was one more sheet left. He was almost done.

Just one more signature...... And done.

Alfred let his head and face collide with the desk. He was so tired, hungry, and just in pain. But this was all worth it, right? He was getting strong again..

The kidnappers- his family- no kidnappers- yeah, that's what they were. They had made him weak. It was like they were trying to bring him down. But his boss was helping him, giving him a second chance, such a nice- such a.... Let's just say understanding. He was such an understanding guy. 

He was just being a bit scary for his benefit.... Yeah.

America gulped, yeah.... 

The door opened and the boy tensed. If the person suspected he had been crying or showed any sign of weakness.....

He sat up.

Why was the President here?

"Sir," He nodded, "Is there something you needed?"

The Pres nodded, "I decided, you should be done with the paperwork by now." His gaze hardened, "You are, aren't you America?"

Alfred let out a shaky breath and shyly nodded, "Yes sir. I just finished." He motioned to the large pile of papers.

The President looked at it and nodded, "Very nice." He walked to the door and motioned someone in. 

In came a chef, carrying his dinner. America felt like backing away, did the President delay his dinner? He forced himself to not shake.

So if he hadn't finished.... He wouldn't have gotten fed? That was kinda much.... And the orginal time had been 10pm and wasn't even told of the change...

His family.... The kidnappers wouldn't have done that....

No.. the Pres was just acting in his best interest......... but it was starting to feel so fake...

He watched his boss motion for two agents to come take the work. When one struggled with a pile, his boss motioned for another agent to come and help him with it.

Why hadn't he done that for him?

America held back a whimper.... No, stop. This was just all part of the process to becoming strong again, yeah......

But he was starting to not like it very much....

The kidnappers- his family- the kidnappers hadn't done that. 

The chef put down the food (A chicken leg and mashed potatoes) on his desk and nodded at him before stepping out. But for some reason, it looked like he was hinting something at America as he nodded. His boss was about to follow.

"Sir," America called, "Since I finished with the work...." He was a bit nervous, "Can I get more food.." The President looked at him and America fought the urge to flinch, "Or... or get to go outside? Or at least have the lock on the window removed?"

He had to ask for these things...... The United States of America had to ask for these simple things...

But hey, it was all part of the process. He was the only superpower, and the only superpower had to be strong.

And this was the only way for that to happen...

Or that's at least what he was being forced to believe.

The President started to think, should he fulfill one of those requests? He looked at America, "I was told that you whimpered today when you dropped your papers....."

America resisted the urge to back away.

"I told you Alfred, we can't have you weak... So because of that. I will not allow any of the requests you asked."

America bit his lip so he wouldn't cry and looked down.

"But-"

He looked up.

"You have work tomorrow, so if you finish that on time and without any signs of weakness. I will grant one of those requests."

Why did it feel so fake now? Ever since he realized they were taking his freedom of choice away. Everything seemed so fake all of a sudden.

"Thank you sir," He nodded. This wasn't fair, he had finished the work..... All of it... "And may I ask why you decided to change the due time?" 

The President had walked to the door but turned when he asked that question, "As the superpower, you should be prepared and ready for anything. No matter how early. I expect you ready tomorrow too. Is that a problem with you?" He had a certain tone in his voice.

Alfred slightly backed away, "No sir," He shook his head.

"Good," He turned and left the room. 

Alfred waited to see if he would come back in before sighing and laying his head on the desk....... He suddenly remembered something.

What had the chef been motioning too?

He looked around, before looking down. And his stomach dropped. Oh God...

It was a paper from the pile of work.... If the President had seen it..... He wouldn't have gotten fed.

He shook, thankfully he hadn't seen it and the chef had kept silent and even tried to warn him. 

But still, he couldn't help but start crying and shaking even more. This.... This wasn't fair.... If the paper had been seen....

Why was this happening? What was up with the change in everyone's behavior since he'd been back?

He grabbed it and stuffed it into his pocket, still shaking... He had been so close and it scared him.. The consequences.... It just scared him...

The kidnappers... the betrayers... no.... His family wouldn't have done that..

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562 43 14
{STORY DISCONTINUED and I'm probably never gonna finish it whoops} The world is ending, obviously. America never really paid attention to the news, o...
4.6K 154 12
Is the clown the fool of the story, or are you? After all, the clown knows it's an act, but the audience is so lost in it that they tend to forget. ...
83.6K 2.4K 12
America often hears about how fat he is, and how he eats too much, he usually shrugged it off, until he saw the number on the scale go down, and down...