Werewolf Hunter

By ateezistic

She has been hunting down werewolves her whole life ever since her parents were killed by them. It all change... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Two

177 3 0
By ateezistic

Drops of water splattered on the ground as I let the water wash away the stench and blood from my body.

It has been almost a week since I had a nice shower. Fortunately for me, I had finished my period before going on this mission.

Since Blue Moon Pack was down, our next target would be Golden Moon Pack.

By now, news would have travelled to the werewolves council that we, the hunters team have successfully taken down 3 packs.

We were just waiting to see what they would do as we slowly bring down the packs.

So far, they have done nothing and it would ultimately lead to their downfall by the time we manage to take down the last pack.

I sighed, letting the water wash away my troubles, throwing the pack spying to the back of my mind.

Wrapping a towel around my waist, I walked towards the room as I put on a tank top and a pair of black pants.

I noticed a fresh new set of clothes laying on the bed, it smelled like someone has been here before.

It was probably Angus since he worries that I might need new sets of clothes while hiding near the enemy base.

I smiled, telling myself that I won't let him down as much as I hate to get close to the werewolves.

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts. "Are you decent?" The same annoying voice made me scoff.

"No, I am naked." I mocked, hearing him whisper, 'damn it' as I chuckled.

"Come on, I was just joking." He took it as a cue to peek his head into the room, his eyes still closed.

I marched towards him and pulled the door opened as he fell to the ground with a loud 'thud'.

"Was that necessary, Les?" He groaned, pushing himself up as he rubbed his nose.

"Why? A big bad hunter can't handle a little fall?" I snickered while he glared at me playfully.

"You are lucky you are on a mission today, if not I would have tackled you on the bed and make you surrender."

I chuckled with amusement, "Me surrendering to you? Don't be so ahead of yourself, Willie."

He huffed, crossing his arms with his trademark glare. If he's not smiling, he's always glaring.

"Oh, whatever. I'm just here to say don't be a rash kitten and start killing them, we don't wanna alert the pack yet. Just stay away from them and spy them, if needed you will have to sneak in to get the layout."

"Since when are you in-charge here, boy?" I mocked with a laugh.

"Angus's words, not mine." He shrugged, before handing me a locket which shocked me.

"What's this?" I asked, examining the locket which has a seashell shape and had a bronze color.

When I opened it, it had a picture of Willie and I which was taken last Summer.

"Your protection locket." He shrugged, trying hard not to look into my eyes.

"I know the photo in this locket probably seems cheesy to you but yeah, I wanted it to serve as a memory for you in case you miss me."

"Aww.. Willie." I gushed, pinching his cheeks as he slapped my hands away.

"I will never take this off. And don't worry, I will be back before you miss me." I teased, opening my arms widely as he returned the hug.

He is the best brother I ever had even though he is so annoying.

I have no idea why, but I have a gut feeling I wouldn't be back for a long time.

• • •

I trudged my way towards the pack, almost reaching the borders. By now, the guards should have already detected my scent.

Though I have no idea what do I smell like. Human?

However thanks to my years of training, I have learnt to mask my scent so they wouldn't be able to detect me.

I hopped onto one of the strong branches, high enough to be hidden as I watched them from afar.

Leaning against the trunk, I relaxed my body and folded my arms. I closed my eyes and let my ears listen to any footsteps.

Wind blew past faintly, along with the leaves rustling past my ears.

Footsteps emerged as there were words exchanged in the background before new footsteps arrived.

Changing shift hour.

Great, I have to start making out the patterns of their changing shift hour for this entire week.

I am starting to hate this job.

Footsteps emerged from a distance away as I slowly perked up, my eyes lingered on the borders as I noticed a few dirty grey wolves sneaking around the territory.

I had a feeling they weren't part of the pack while I sat waiting to see if something is going to happen.

Not sure if the Alpha is dumb or he has less guards on the watch, but these sneaky wolves managed to sneak past the guards.

Apparently, the security was very low.

A small smirk made its way to my lips as I realised that there was going to be a show to watch.

Not that I would have expected a show about to happen while being sent here to spy on this pack.

This pack must be really weak.

I leaped from one tree to the next as silently as possible while pulling the cloak close to my face.

The last thing I need is for someone to recognise me.

A few guards must have spotted them as they began to surround the wolves. Or like what Angus would mention, rogues who are lone wolves without a pack or banished from the pack.

He seems to know a lot, I wonder why..

My focus was back on the guards as they shifted into their colorful wolves and began to attack the rogues.

It became a heated fight as they pounced on one another, ripping each other's fur.

I was watching with excitement when a sudden howl filled the area. It was a powerful, ear-piercing howl which managed to stop the fight.

Wolves began to gather as they make way for one particular big wolf who had golden fur.

Even his eyes was golden in color, is that why the pack is called Golden Moon Pack?

But, something about him somehow drew me towards him. I don't quite understand as I furrowed my brows deeply.

I continued to stay hidden behind the leaves as the golden wolf bared his canines at the rogues and had them surrounded.

The guards behind knocked them out while they were distracted.

Slowly, they began shifting back while I rolled my eyes at their nudity.

One thing for sure, their kind isn't shy about exposing. I closed my eyes at those sick thoughts, trying to shake it off.

"Alpha, these rogues have managed to sneak past the security. We need to strengthen the border patrols." One of the man sporting blue hair reported to the golden wolf as he shifted back.

Lo and behold, there stood a gorgeous creature I have never seen before, he was like the exact replica of a greek god.

His man handed him a pair of basketball shorts as he put it on instantly, his six packs glistening under the sunlight.

His eyes squinted under the ray of sunshine before nodding and headed back to wherever they came from.

The rogues were dragged by the guards who had tagged along with this Alpha while I watched their tails tucked in between.

I shook my head at the sight and realised that there was something about this Alpha that made me feel like something was wrong.

I just can't figure out what was wrong with me..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 675 29
When Adriane was six years old, her pack was attacked by hunters. Everyone had perished, including her parents who were the Alpha pair. She was sent...
736K 21.8K 33
Finding his mate & making her his. Will love prevail?๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’— โ€ขMature content โ€ขThank you for reading & voting ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿค—
13.4M 386K 38
(Book #1) Nora Myers despises werewolves after they murdered her mother, so what happens when she encounters an Alpha who claims she's his mate?
87.9K 2.4K 16
Nineteen-year-old Jubilee leads a double life, taking on dangerous jobs to make ends meet, all while hiding her activities from her best friend, Sam...