Left Behind | N. Mikaelson (...

Per Leemacher

{ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE} {UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION} Emmaline Rosewood. A name forgotten by few and kno... Més

Author's note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

13

4.1K 95 2
Per Leemacher

{Chapter 13 - Bonding And Blondes}

  Me and Stefan were currently sitting around exchanging stories of the past since Nik had went off on his own doing god knows what. He said he needed to go ask someone about the wolf thing, but i'm like 97% positive he was at a bar. 

 I busted out laughing when Stefan told me about the time he and Lexi Stefan's old best friend, got drunk and she took a swan dive off a cliff for no reason except because some human told her she wouldn't. "Man, Lexi sounds like a badass girl. Shame Damon staked her." I heard a quiet "yeah" from the kitchen. "Hey, has Nik texted you?"

  "No, not since the vague, 'Looking for wolves. Be back soon. Tell Emmaline not to break the faucet.'" He read the message he had gotten earlier out loud.

  "Hey, It was one time okay!" I shouted out slightly laughing at the memory of when I practically demolished the sink in one of our old homes. Stefan started laughing a little and gave me a look telling me to explain, I just stared back at him because there was no way in hell I was going to tell him. It was a very.... strange day, to say the least.

  "Man, I can't believe we are still looking for wolves. I mean summer is almost over and we haven't found anything," He stepped over to the couch to sit down with his refilled glass of alcohol. "I just wanna know why he hasn't given up on the whole thing. We already know the rumor has spread, probably putting all of the wolves into hiding at this point." I nodded at his reasoning, but I also knew Nik and knew he wouldn't be giving up anytime soon. Not wanting to ruin his mood anymore than it already was, I stayed silent and just listened to his ranting.

  Just before Stefan was about to start talking again Nik walked in saying he had leads on wolves, and so we got our stuff together and head off to wherever it was that he thought the wolves might be.

************(Major time skip because I have no interest in writing these next scenes)************

  The werewolf lead that Nik had found turned out to be true, but it didn't go as planned. Something was wrong with the wolves and they went rabid through their transitions. The ones that didn't attack any of us just bled out, it was honestly a gruesome sight to see and none of us wanted it to happen again. So we are going to Chicago, apparently Nik knows some witch there that is supposed to help us with our wolf problem.

  Nik and Stefan were out talking to the witch because I was pretty sure who the witch was and she did not like me, not that most witches did. Once I knew that the witch was indeed Gloria, I decided that it would probably be best if she didn't see me, yet, maybe ever. We didn't have a very good history together. I took a short nap, being bored out of mind waiting for them to get back.

  Once I woke up I heard Nik saying something about "She won't like this."

 "Who won't like what?" He looked at me, a little startled, probably thinking I was still asleep.

  "Emmaline, love. We have to wake Rebekah." My heart stopped. I had mixed emotions about this, on one hand  I would finally get to see my best friend again, but on the other...

  "Does she know?" I asked tentatively, not sure what I wanted his answer to be.

  "She doesn't know that you're alive." I let out a breath, she would find out, probably be mad and pissed at me. I didn't know if that was better than the alternative of her knowing for a long time. I could never tell with Rebekah, her reactions were always a wild guess.

  "Okay." I said quietly.

 "Okay?" He looked at me strangely, like he was expecting me to explode.

 "She was going to find out sooner or later, it's probably better for her to find out like this than the way you found out." He nodded sighing. After Nik undaggered his sister, we went to Gloria's bar, unfortunately.

 "What the hell are you doing here?" She spoke with more venom than I thought was possible.

  "Long time no see, Glors." I used my old nickname for her. We used to be friends, until a group of witches she knew came after me and I slaughtered every last one of them.

 She glared me down. "Please do not tell me that you are with them." Everyone was silent, the other two probably wondering  why she hated me so much. "Tell me I am not helping you." I shook my head and sighed.

 "Can't do that Glors." She went to say something but I cut her off. "Rebekah should be here shortly, then we can get this over with and we never have to see each other again, 'kay?" I gave her a sickly sweet smile, she nodded letting out a puff of air.

  "Why does she hate you so much?" I laughed, making the men in the room look at me like I was crazy.

  "Because I slaughtered an entire witch coven in front of her." I heard someone let out a breath of air in surprise.

  "An entire coven.... like of witches?" I nodded at Stefan who had walked with me to take a seat at the bar. "How? Wouldn't they just have to cast a spell?" I let out a laugh at how little he knew about me.

 "Actually Stef, because of what I am, witch magic doesn't usually work on me." Stefan gave me a questioning look so I decided to explain. "There is certain magic already flowing through me as an Elemental, magic meant to block other sources of magic. The magic that is in me acts as a type of barrier, it's kind of like how Katerina can take vervain, she built up a tolerance to it and now it doesn't work as well on her. When I was younger I had no tolerance, but since I am around 800 years old I have a huge tolerance to magic. only large spells casted by powerful witches work on me, but even then my magic is constantly fighting against spells, weakening them until I can break the spell." I could tell he sort of understood, but at the same time, wasn't exactly sure how to use the information.

  "Why did you have to kill an entire coven?" Nik asked.

 "Because they tried to kill me." I answered simply. Without giving any other explanation I got up to get a drink.

  After a little while of Rebekah not showing up, we decided to go check on her. That was, after Stefan found out that he knew Rebekah way back when, which of course I already knew but didn't say anything on the subject. I was told to wait outside until told to come in, just like Stefan, but for me the reasoning was quite different.

  Once Stefan remembered Rebekah and Nik, I heard Nik say that there was another surprise waiting for her. I took that as my cue to go in.

  I could feel my heart hammering in my chest as she saw me. "A-anna?" Tears were already spilling out of her eyes, as they had started to do with mine. "How? When? Why?" She ran over to me, pulling me into a huge hug which I greedily accepted, knowing in a couple f minutes she wouldn't even want me around. I finally pulled away after hearing Nik clear his throat. 

  "Come on, you're going to want to sit down for this one Beks." I said softly. About to answer the questions I knew were spinning around in her blonde head. "I never actually died."

  "WHAT!" She shouted angrily. I looked down as she stood up, waiting for an explanation.

 "Something happened, something very important, and I had to fake my death." I looked up to see her strangely calm, silently telling me to continue. "I can't tell you why, not even Nik knows yet, but I intend on explaining it to you someday and I can only hope we'll stay together long enough for me to give you an explanation." I looked up to find everyone's eyes on me, so I continued. "I'm so sorry you had to find out after all this time, you don't know how much I wanted to tell you guys." I could feel the tears running down my face when she turned away from me.

  "Do you know how much pain you put us through?" She whispered, like she was trying to stay calm. "How much you leaving changed us?" She got louder and swung around to see me standing. "God, you probably don't... You always did run away from your problems." She went to walk away but I stopped her.

  "Why does everyone think I'm running away from my problems!" She went to yell at me, but I started yelling before she could retort. "Seriously! Everyone just assumes that I am some bitch that took pleasure in the pain that I gave you guys! Does it look like I had fun to you! Does it look like I wanted to leave you? Why the hell would I have gone through all of the things that I did with you, if I was just going to leave in the end?!" I could feel the tension in the air at this moment, breaking every boundary we had all put up in the first place.

  "Well, you weren't always that bright were you?" I heard Rebekah speak in a voice I had never heard her speak in before. I just clenched my fists and walked out, knowing that no one was going to make this moment any easier, I knew I had to leave before something worse happened.

  I walked around Chicago for a little while alone, trying to get my head together before I had to face all of them again. It had become later than I had wanted it to be, before I felt someone following me. Not really being in the mood I went into an alley and just waited for whoever it was to show themselves.

  I felt a patch of air swing by me, spinning around with it, I grabbed the persons arm and slammed them into the alley wall. "Hey, hey, hey! Is that anyway to treat an old friend!" I recognize that voice anywhere.

  "Ezra?!" I looked at him, rubbing his neck up against the wall. I let him go and threw myself on him, wrapping myself around him, feeling tears reach my eyes for the second time today. I felt his arms wrap around me with just as much force as I had. I breathed in his scent, the one I had been missing ever since I left. I wasn't able to see him, knowing that if I saw him I put him in danger of Nik's wrath. So the entire time I was running from Nik, I was also avoiding one of the people I trusted most in this world, the only one I have trusted for as long as I can remember. "What the hell are you doing here?" I said once I finally let go of him.

  "Well, Damon came here looking for Stefan and you. Ethan and I decided to tag along. Ethan is currently with Damon at the bar, but I knew you'd be wondering the streets somewhere since Rebekah is out and about." I just laughed.

  "You know, sometimes it scares me how much you know about me." He started laughing with me after a short, "Me too."

  We both ran to the bar just in time to see Nik about to stake Damon. Everything was going so fast, I barely even knew what I did until it happened. Black veins shot up my arms and a flame appeared on my arm as I set the stake on fire, causing Nik to drop it and look towards me and Ezra. I let go of Ezra as my features went back to normal and sped over to Damon and Nik. "What the hell is going on here?!" I yelled, picking up Damon who was still a little weary of me. I heard Nik try to make an excuse. "Don't." I cut him off. "Are you okay?" I said to Damon, looking over him, making sure nothing irreversible happened.

  "Yeah. I'm good." I nodded, letting him go. I looked over to find Nik staring at Ezra, probably not sure what to do.

  I decided to say something before anything bad happened. "Where are Stefan and Beks?" Nik looked over at me.

  "I told them to meet me at the warehouse, I was going to wait for you here when this imbecile showed up." Nik grumbled, clearly unhappy that I stopped him from killing Damon.

  "Miss Anna?" I heard Ethan say as he came out of the shadows. I turned to him and smiled, walking over to give him a hug. 

  "Thanks, kid." Damon said sarcastically, Ethan was probably supposed to be his back up. Ethan just chuckled in response, as me and Ezra smiled.

  "Yes, Ethan." I said, breaking our couple second silence.

 "Do you know when you're going to be back to Mystic Falls?" He asked, ignoring the looks he got from both Damon and Nik.

 "No, Ethan. Hopefully soon, but it all depends on how the next few days goes." He nodded. "I do know, though. That you two should be heading back soon." I spoke over Damon's disagreements. "I highly doubt Nik likes having either of you here, and i would rather not have to intercept another stake." Ethan just nodded, not seeing anything wrong with it, and gave me a hug goodbye telling me to be safe. Damon went to disagree but then looked out the window, seeing Katerina who thought she was being sneaky, and agreed, walking out with Ethan following. 

  "And what of me?" Ezra spoke up, looking at Nik. I answered before Nik could.

  "I don't care what Nik has to say about you, you are staying right here." I walked back into Ezra's arms, ignoring Nik's mumbles. We ended up going back into the warehouse to see Beks and Stef fighting.

 "He's not with us, he's hiding something. I can feel it." Beks yelled out, realizing we were back. 

  After a lot of blaming, and Stefan's neck being snapped. We gathered from Ezra that Elena was still alive, and got ready for a trip back to Mystic Falls to crash senior prank night.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1.5K 61
-Book 2- A Niklaus and Elijah Mikaelson love interest book. ....................................................................... Phoebe is back i...
2.4K 67 11
Cordelia Catapang decides it's time to discover the other half of herself. Born as a witch-werewolf, she grew up only grasping her witch side, but ne...
2.1K 82 29
There was a certain allure to her, even before you knew her you could feel it pulling you towards her. Everyone in the village knew her, being in her...
20.3K 527 20
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline grew up with the Mikaelsons, when they were human. Caroline and Rebekah a...