Frozen In Time | H. Rogers ✓

By Malielena

book one of captain america's daughter UNDER HEAVY EDITING! like all lives. it starts somewhere, you might... More

introduction
cast for hazel's beginning
one - hazel rogers
stan lee
two - alone forever
three - not a scratch
four - let the truth sting
five - gone and passed
six - being tested
seven - flashbacks
eight - mini hero
nine - i can do this all day
ten - stone cold lier
eleven - post credits
the avengers cast
two - hope for the hopeless
three - heavy secrets
four - kneel
five - lightning and slumber
six - ants and boots
seven - blueberries
eight - chaos
nine - safest person
ten - reveal
eleven - here comes the war
twelve - assemble
thirteen - one way trip
fourteen - someone's daughter
fifteen - post credits
the winter solider cast
one - on your left
two - fear not freedom
three - so long
four - 1:03 am
five - excuse me?
six - jet sabotage
seven - zola's algorithm
eight - mighty bird suit
nine - bucky?
ten - i knew him
eleven - true colors
twelve - i promise
thirteen - we won
fourteen - i'll miss you
fifteen - post credits
next book annoucement

one - dog tags

21.1K 510 420
By Malielena

The Tesseract has awakened. It is on a
           little world. A human world. They would
           wield its power,...

But our ally knows its workings as they
     never will. He is ready to lead. And
      our force, our Chitauri, will follow

The world will be his. The universe yours. And the humans, what can they do but burn?

Hazel Rogers POV

I'm Struggling.

I miss Peggy, Colin, Howard, and just being in Brooklyn.

I mean they have nicer things here in 2012 but I would rather be with Peggy.

I sat in my boring metal room, It had a bed, a desk, and a wardrobe. I miss the old-fashioned furnishings. a window. wood floors not cold metal ones.

I could hear the agents outside my door, walking through the halls.

Oh damn. I have lessons.

I got up and put on the standard outfit they gave me.

I quickly slipped on my shoes and ran down the hall.

I passed the same rooms I always do. It's busier due to some blue glowy thing I forgot the name of.

I slid to a halt, almost falling over.

"There you are hazel." I saw my teacher sitting at the table where I do my lessons.

"I have some stuff to do but there." She pointed to a stack of books and papers.

"That's everything you need to do today." She nodded to me and left.

"But-" dammit she left, oh well.

I sat down and opened the first book.

Basically, I'm learning about today's school requirements because Fury wants to get me in society as soon as possible.

I DON'T GET THIS, I DIDN'T HAVE ALL THESE CLASSES, EVERYONE HAD FOUR CLASSES.

Stupid math.

I rubbed my forehead and took out a pencil.

I feel even more trapped here then I did with my birth mother. All I do is sit in a stupid room for five hours a day and learn stuff.

Fury won't let me go outside of this base. Plus I can't do anything due to this strict thing about that blue square.

I don't understand. I was given all these foreign things like a phone and a compute- computer.

The only thing I like here is that I can wear pants. I'm happy dresses died. Well at least consistently wearing them.

                             •   •   •

After doing three hours of my lessons it was lunchtime so I got up and started walking to the mess hall.

Here and there, people called me Rogers. The name Carter was forever erased from people's vocabulary. I never even met my father, he died before he even knew I existed.

"Hey, Hazel." I heard a voice and looked over to see Phil Coulson. He helped me understand this new time and he was there when I was coming out of the ice.

"Oh hey Phil!" I smiled.

"How's lessons going?" He walked with me to the mess hall.

"Fine, I don't get some stuff but I'll eventually get the hang of it." I walked into the room and grabbed a tray.

He put a salad on his plate. "Peggy would be proud of you." He stated.

"Yeah, Do you know if she was okay after I...you know disappeared?" I put jello on my plate and a sandwich along with it.

"As far as I know, she looked for a long time, eventually settled and got married." Phil walked to a table and sat down.

"I'm happy that she was okay." I sat down and took a bite of my jello.

"Did you ever find Phillip?" I questioned.

I told them many things but I never said a word about James. They think Phillip threw me over.

"He died a long time ago Haz-" he looked at his watch. "I have to go, make sure you get to therapy." He smiled and left.

"Okay so I'll see you later? No? Okay." I quickly shouted.

I hate therapy.

I quickly ate my food and threw my trash away.

I just want to go to my room, listen to music and sleep, I don't have anyone left, my friends and family are all gone. I should have died in the ice.

I huffed and walked slowly to the medical wing where they have therapy. Apparently I have PTSD that triggers me so I have to sit for two hours and talk about my 'feelings', I hate it.

I hummed to the tune of Oh Ms. Believer, the only thing I like about this time is the music and the tv shows, we didn't have much interesting movies and shows then.

I walked up to the therapist's door and knocked.

"Hey um, I'm here" I said awkwardly.

He opened the door and I stepped in and took my seat on the couch then he sat across from me.

"Let's get this over-with." I crosses my arms

"Hazel, you need to open up to me." He pulled out his clipboard.

"I'm talking, I had a horrible life, I already told you." I huffed.

"Okay, how do you feel about your mother?" He clicked his pen.

"She wasn't my mother, Peggy was. I told you what she did to me, why do you keep going back on this subject?" I started messing with my nails. He didn't answer me but he just kept asking more questions about people.

"How do you feel about Phillip?" he wrote something down.

"He's responsible for me being here and my almost death, I don't need therapy, I'm fine." I clinched my nails into my palms.

He wrote more stuff down and avoided my answer. "How do you feel about your father? Steve." He put his glasses on.

"Screw this, I never met him, I don't care." I got up and headed for the door.

"Hazel Please Sit down." He pointed to the couch.

"No, I didn't ask for this! I should have died in the ice!" I felt tears falling down my cheeks "EVERYONE I KNEW IS DEAD AND I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!" I screamed. "therapy is pointless." l opened the door and slammed then dashed out of there.

I don't need help.

                               •   •   •

I didn't have a window in my room so I never knew how it looked outside, It's a desert so clearly it's only sand but I don't care, I just want some fresh air sometimes.

I just sat at my desk and listened to twenty-one pilots. I like their music, it has meaning.

Knock knock

I paused my music and ran over to my door, opening it to my surprise I saw Phil. he barely has time to eat, let alone talk to me.

"Hey, What are you doing here?" I asked puzzled.

"Hazel I need to talk to you." He stepped inside my room and sat on my bed.

Okay sure just come right in.

"Talk about what?" I sat on my desk chair.

"I know you left therapy today, wanna tell me what that was about?" He put his hands together.

"It's pointless, I'm fine." I leaned back.

"He said you were angry, I think I can help you, no therapy." He stood up.

"And helping how?" I stayed seated.

"Well you like punching things right?"

                               •   •   •

"I never been down this way." I followed Phil down a busy hallway.

"Because your not allowed" he stopped at a door and swiped his card. We stepped in and phil turned the lights on.

A gym.

"This is huge." I walked in with a huge smile on my face.

"You said you used to go to a gym when you were home." He look through a cabinet for boxing gloves.

"Yeah, but that one was older and didn't have the moving floor thing" I pointed at it

"You mean a treadmill?" He handed me a pair of blue boxing gloves.

"Yeah whatever." I put the gloves on and walked to the nearest bag I could find.

"Make sure you put-" he started to say.

"I know how to punch a bag Phil." I drew back my arm and swung at the bag, making it swing back.

"You remember the way back right?" He said and walked towards the door.

"Yeah down the hall, up the stairs and down that hall-" I started telling him I'm not stupid and I know directions.

"I think you got it." He started walking out. "Oh wait I have something for you." He put his hand in his suit pocket and pulled out a chain that had two dog tags on it.

"I had to do some digging but we had a box of some of Steve's stuff, I think these belong rightfully and legally belong to you." He handed it to me.

I took my glove off and held it. "Thank you." I smiled slightly at him.

"I have some stuff to take care of, make sure you go back soon." He smiled and left the room.

"See ya." I looked at the dog tags, it didn't say Captain America, it said Steve Rogers and his class in the army, Captain Rogers.

I put it around my neck and tucked it under my shirt, turning back around to the bag, I punched and punched. Feeling all the anger leave me.

                               •   •   •

Walking back to my room I had a lot of thoughts in my mind about the dog tags that phil gave me, and apparently there's a box full of his stuff but I'm happy to have this, I have a part of my dad, I may have never met him but I think he would be a good father if he knew I existed and if he would have lived, I probably would have never been with my mother.

I opened my door and sat at my desk, I didn't have many belongings, I had basic clothes, some books that were mostly school books, I had a computer which I barely know how to use, and a note book.

I loved to draw, I used to draw all the time when I was back in my time. Other then boxing it was my escape.

I took out one of my color pencils and started drawing me boxing in my old gym.

I live through my art now.

After I finished my drawing I looked at the clock and it was pretty late so I went into my tiny bathroom and brushed my teeth. The toothpaste is way better now. I washed my face then got into bed. I didn't want to live another boring day like I'm used to. I hope I can go to that gym more often but I don't have a key to it so I'll have to ask fury about that.

I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

                               •   •   •

I ran through the halls in Syria, Trying to get away from James, I heard his footsteps and his cold metal arm grabbing my neck. "HELP, PEGGY! STEVE! COLIN! BARRY!" I kick and scream but I was weak, no super serum to save me.

I look and see Peggy and Steve just watching me, not doing anything.

"IM YOUR DAUGHTER, HELP ME!" I screamed at Steve. "I have no daughter." He said with a monotone expression.

I felt James's hand get tighter around my neck. All air being cut off and tears fell from my eyes as I watch all my friends and family just let me die. And it all went black

"AHH!" I shot up, I was in my room at the base, not in any danger.

I'm okay, I'm safe, you're okay Hazel.

I wiped the tears off my cheeks and got up to clean the sweat off my face in the bathroom.

I stared at my reflection. I didn't look like my mother at all. Not a hint of her in my face. I looked like the image of Steve. Blonde hair, blue eyes. I had his nose. I had the same everything.

How can I look and be like someone I never knew?

BANG BANG BANG

I exited my tiny bathroom and heard banging coming from my door. I ran to open it to see Phil standing there.

"Phi-"

"Hazel get your shoes. This place is going down."

"What? How?" I ran back and grabbed my white sneakers.

"The tesseract, it's going to explode." He pulled me along.

"Is everyone panicking?" I felt the panic myself but I felt safe near phil.

"Pretty much."

BOOM

"Shit" I said and the floors shook. "What was that?"

"I don't know, here" he handed me a ear piece.

"Incase we get separated, but that most likely won't happen. Come on." He put his hand around my arm.

"Wait! The dog tags! I took them off before I went to sleep! I have to get them." I ran away from Phil.

"Hazel come back, it's dangerous!" He yelled.

The ceiling caved in between us.

"I'll get the dog tags then I'll find a way out! Don't worry, I'm not dumb!" I yelled and ran back in the direction of my room.

"Be careful Hazel!" He yelled and ran down the other hall.

Please don't be dumb.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 7.8K 29
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be the daughter of a member of the Avengers? Never in your whole life did you think that you would le...
268K 6.8K 65
book two of captain america's daughter hazel's getting used to the attention ever since hydra was taken down and so was shield. all her files were re...
8.9K 402 24
"I'll spin for you like your favorite records used to." IN WHICH a light-hearted and playful agent of S.H.I.E.L.D is paired with the humorless patrio...
11K 202 20
I am currently trying to find the motivation to edit this dumpster fire of a story so bear with me :) This story is set during civil war and is the s...