Aboard the Sheila [TEMPORARIL...

By MalikaDreams

Have you ever heard of a female pirate No, me neither. It was unheard of for females to be aboard a pirate sh... More

Prologue
Chapter 1

Chapter 2

45 2 0
By MalikaDreams

Chapter 2

Ten years earlier

I sat in front of my window watching the rain quietly lapping against the window pain. The pitter patter of the rain drops was quite soothing and I quite enjoyed watching the rain. However, it did get boring having continuous races between the rain drops. Therefore it wasn’t too long before I became restless. My mum says I’m not made to be inside because I’m always fidgeting and I can’t stay still for more than five minutes. I guess she’s right because right now I really want to be outside because Noel was really boring when we were inside. All he’d do is sit and read and that’s just boring. I don’t really like books much, unless they have lots of action and fighting like A Clockwork Orange, then it’s interesting.

After a while my restlessness took over and I began to annoy Noel in order to grab his attention. “Noel, I’m bored” I moaned as I tugged on his arm.

“Yes?” he sighed as he looked up from his book

“I’m bored” I repeated

“Yeah, I heard you. What do you want me to do?”

“Play with me”

“Not right now George, I’m reading”

“You’re always reading” I huffed

“Oh George, don’t be like that” Nick said as he tried to ruffle my fringe. But I was a defiant child so I firmly turned my back to him.

“George” he tried again “Georgia?” “You’re just being a baby now”

“No I’m not” I replied as I promptly stuck my tongue out at him

“Haha I got your attention,” he smiled “listen, let me read the rest of this chapter and I’ll come up with a game for us to play, OK?”

After a short pause where I considered his proposal I finally replied with a curt “fine”

Noel then resumed reading his book and I went back to watching the rain. I hate the fact that none of my friends will come and play with me because of the rain, my house is so boring. Mum bought me lots of silly dollies but I don’t play with them because they’re for silly girls and I’m better than all the boys put together. After what seemed like forever Nick put his book down and went to his room. He then came back with his hand heavy laden with papers and colouring pencils.

“OK, here you are” Noel smiled handing me the map “You’ve got half an hour to locate the treasure, go”

With that I was off. The fact that I always won the Easter egg hunt meant that I was quietly confident that I would be able to succeed in Noel’s challenge. After what I felt must have been about three hours, I still hadn’t found the treasure.

“Noel,” I whined “I can’t find the treasure and I’ve looked everywhere”

Noel then began chuckling to himself. “What’s so funny?”

“I know how you are about finding treasure, so I didn’t actually bury any treasure” He spluttered as he was trying to stop himself from laughing so much

“That’s not fair!” I moaned as I crossed my arms and turned away from him in annoyance.

“Hey, just because I didn’t bury the treasure doesn’t mean that there isn’t any”

“It better be good” I warned

“OK, OK” he said “close your eyes”

So, I did as I was told and closed my eyes. I heard Noel rustling around until finally he pressed something into my hands.

“OK, you can open your eyes”

I slowly opened my eyes and I almost screamed in shock at my present from Noel. Where, when and how? I thought to myself. I know for a fact that this is rare because when I asked Mum to get it for me she couldn’t find it anywhere.

“Noel” I squealed as I jumped on him to hug him “thank you, thank you”

“It’s OK, little sis” he smiled as he ruffled my curls.

I was so excited that I ran to my mum’s room to tell her the good news but as usual she wasn’t interested. If it wasn’t me dressing up and trying to look pretty like the other girls she felt it wasn’t worth it. It’s her loss I thought as I went off to play with my new pirate ship by myself.

Someday, I’m going to have a real pirate ship and look for real treasure

**

Presently

With a groan I stretched and rubbed my eyes before proceeding to get out of bed.

“Arrrgh” I screamed as I noticed Bernard staring over me as I slept. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Sorry for alarming you cap’n,” she apologised “but I just wanted to tell you that we’ve finalised the plans for the expedition to Macanois and we’re ready to leave almost immediately” she finished by bowing her head.

“Well, that’s all well and good,” I replied “but next time please don’t watch me sleeping because I find it kind of creepy”

“Sir!” she answered “I am sorry again”

“Not to worry,” I said “you may leave now”

As Bernard left I picked up my sword and began my morning practice. I always practiced in the morning because that is when the brain is the most awake. Though, there is still a high risk of me cutting of my limbs in my sleep deprived state. I did enjoy the mornings at Lutheran bay where we were now, because the sunlight has a way of making even the ugliest things seem pretty. The chirping of the birds and the sound of the waves lapping against the side of the boat also did wonders for calming me down.

Once I’d finished my morning practice I donned my day clothes and proceeded to go and eat breakfast.

“Morning everyone!” I greeted as I sat down to drink my tea and eat my porridge.

“Morning” numerous voices replied.

I then finished with my breakfast and went to discuss the plans for the trip with Bernard and Paul. After looking at the map and plans for the Macanois trip I sent Bernard away to start implementing them. I waited for Bernard to leave before addressing Paul. She needs to know about the situation before it happens.

“George” she said once I’d finished

“Yes”

“Well, not to question your judgement or anything but is what you’re proposing wise?”

“What do you mean?” I asked

“Well, I don’t know. It’s a big risk don’t you think?”

“Life is all about risk Paul” I said.

“I guess so she replied “I better get going cap’n” she added as she left the cabin.

When she left I put my head in my arms and thought to myself. I know what I had planned was a huge risk but at the same time there’s no way we’ll be able to catch up with the men for the treasure of Macanois without this plan happening.

After a while I decided to do something that I hadn’t done for a long time. I retrieved my grandmother’s ring from my box of prized possessions and began to ask for her advice. She was the only one who believed that I’d be able to become a pirate and right now I knew that she’d be the only one to help me with my decision.

It might seem strange that I’m going to my dead grandmother for advice but my faith in God is really questionable at this time and it feels like it’s only my grandmother who will  be able to help me. I imagined what would happen if I didn’t do what was required of me for this trip to Macanois and I knew that I didn’t want to put the girls through the disappointment of working hard to get the treasure and not actually getting it.

After careful deliberation I decided to let the girls know what needed to happen to happen before the expedition actually takes place. I poured myself a large shot of whisky and downed it before leaving my cabin to address the girls.

“Guys, I have something important to tell you before we continue with this expedition to Macanois”

**

Author’s note

I know, I haven’t uploaded in forever and I’m sorry. I hope you liked it and thanks for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 711 71
The Wyvern of Destiny, The Wyvern of Destruction, The Black Flame, The Dark Demise, The King of Monsters, The King of Dragons. He is called Fatalis...
17.2K 393 27
I don't own ben 10 or the characters , it's owned by man of action , but the story and characters , or variations I make are mine Description: Our h...
144K 22.9K 101
"ကျွန်တော် သူ့ကို လက်ထပ်ချင်တယ်" "သခင်လေးဖန် သူက ချမ်းသာတဲ့ ဒုတိယ မျိုးဆက်၊ တည်ထောင်သူမိသားစုရဲ့ တတိယမျိုးဆက် ပြီးတော့ မြို့တော်မှာ မြင့်မြတ်ပြီး ကျေ...
460K 13.9K 38
MALE WEDNESDAY X READER "I love you...Wednesday Addams" The girl cried while hugging him as tight as she could. "I love you too....Amore mio. Please...