September First [A collection...

By icebluetiger

Harry Potter drabbles and oneshots. Founders' Era, Marauders' Era, book era, Next-Gen, and AU all included. More

Forever
Lilies and Petunias
Promise (AU)
Gum Wrappers
Paper Lantern
Red and Gold, Black and Yellow
Broom Closet
Different
Santa Claus (slash, Albus/Scorpius)
Tables
Evergreen
Mrs. Weasley
Up to No Good
Too Little, Too Much
Hogwarts
Okay
Counting Stars (AU)
Reality
Just A Boy
Pompeii (AU)
Merry Christmas

September First

1.3K 31 7
By icebluetiger

Minerva McGonagall flicked her wand at the stack of letters, and they started methodically folding up and fitting themselves into envelopes. Checking each name off as they stacked on the desk in front of her, she wondered what this year would bring. There were many new first years' names on the list she recognized, including two more Weasleys and a Finnegan-Thomas.

Minerva knew that this year would be her last at Hogwarts before her retirement ("And a good thing, too," she thought, "Three Weasleys and a Lupin are quite enough to be getting on with - Four Weasleys, a Potter, and a Lupin would simply be too much, and that's only next year - there will be more coming.").

Still, she couldn't help but feel a stab of sadness at the thought, knowing she would never again be starting the school year at Hogwarts ("I'll visit," she tried to reassure herself. "I'll need to check on everyone.").

Picking up the letters, Minerva stood up and headed for the owlry. With a determined air and a small smile, she prepared for the year that would be starting, come rain or shine, on September First.

~×~×~×~

Hope you enjoyed this! Please comment and vote! :)

Fanfic Friday drabble contest winner

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

565K 7.6K 20
A collection of one shots about Harry Potter characters. (Slow Updates)
341K 5.6K 26
[discontinued] here ya go, my beautiful potterheads ⚡ NO SMUT, unless specified, but some of them are slightly suggestive. all the oneshots are fem...
17.2M 373K 200
A collection of not so short, short stories featuring your favourite characters and some characters you might not know much about. Slow updates in p...
40.6K 591 35
Hello, lovely readers! Here lies a collection of harry potter characters (x female! reader) one-shots that I have written over time. I mainly writ...