Alexandra and the Pirates of...

By MaskedAuthor

When pirates invade her town and start capturing slaves, Alex does the only thing she can think off; pretend... More

Alexandra & the Pirates of Bargadan Ch.2
Alexandra & the Pirates of Bargadan Ch.3
Alexandra & the Pirates of Bargadan Ch.4
Alexandra & the Pirates of Bargadan Ch.5
Alexandra & the Pirates of Bargadan Ch. 5 Part II
Alexandra & the Pirates of Bargadan Ch.6 Part I
Alexandra & the Pirates of Bargadan Ch.6 Part II
Alexandra & the Pirates of Bargadan Ch.7
Alexandra & the Pirates of Bargadan: Ch.8
Alexandra & the Pirates of Bargadan: Chapter 9

3.3K 22 7
By MaskedAuthor

so this is my second story  

hope you guys like it and tell me if i should continue writing :) 

give it a chance and i hope you guys really LOVE it. if you do 

VOTE*COMMENT*FAN your support means so much :)

I never believed in the words 'everything happens for a reason' and I don't think I ever will. That's all philosophy in one way or another and a subject I hate dearly. But I would be lying if I said it didn't change me. The adventure started on the day like no other.  

Chapter 1: Complications 

I was basking in the blazing hot sun letting all the warmth to sink into my skin. My favourite blue hat with a swirling pink design on the rims was tilted over my head to shield my eyes from the blinding sun creating a nice cool shade. I fought for control to keep my drooping eyelids open but they just closed wanting a few more minutes of rest. The inner conflict was immediately stopped as I felt something tugging my hand towards the ocean. Startled, I jumped up letting go of the fishing net in the process. I cursed silently under my breath and flung my hat of my head, jumping into the clear blue ocean without a second thought. My father always said I was impulsive I would act in the moment without thinking of the conscience and I guess he was right. 

As my warm body dived gracefully into the cool ocean, a shiver ran down my spine because of the change in temperatures. My legs kicked harshly the water around it, forcing my body to go deeper. I forced my eyes to open and the salty water started to irritate them. The grey fishing net was just a few feet away and out of my reach. I stretched my hands further and my kicking quickened, my lungs were starting to burn for the much needed oxygen. Suddenly I caught the fishing net in my hand and I swiftly turned around heading for the surface. As I reached the surface, I inhaled the rich moisture filled air into my lungs satisfying them. 

I propped myself onto my little bleach white boat with my arms. My legs gave out underneath me and I collapsed out of exhaustion. Adrian was sick all night and I had to take care of him. My dad was tired from his manual labour so I volunteered. I never knew it would put my life in danger. My eyes darted over to my digital watch which read three o'clock. I got up carefully grabbing the two oars that were stacked neatly at the side. My hands wrapped around their smooth wooden surface and I clutched them tightly as I settled them into the water. I started to push and pull the heavy oars and the boat started moving. 

Soon after I arrived at little barge with a shack on it and I guided my boat to the metal dock that was jutting out. I approached the glistening metal dock cautiously, knowing that if I was to hasten my speed my boat would be scratched and Lady Alma wouldn't be too thrilled. As my wet hand came in contact with the hot surface, it sizzled. I hissed, as pain shot through my arm which I dipped into the ocean. My lips breathed a sigh of relief as the cool water mended my burn before the salt started to sting at it. Retrieving my hand from the ocean, I clasped the thick knotted rope. I slipped the rope through the hook yanking it and tightening it. After it was securely fastened I tied a secure German knot.  

Looking at my knot proudly, I slipped into one of my oversized green shirts. The shirt clung to my still wet body and my dark brown hair flowed onto my shoulders messily. Putting on my white sneakers, I leaped onto the dock elegantly and strutted over to the shack. The shack was made out of old wooden planks that sometimes would jut out making an uneven surface. It was painted a fiery red colour to attract attention and the pointed roof held an electric blue sign that said "Carl's Shack". It wasn't much but to me, it was a second home. The shack was a place all workers would rest at during the day when the sun would be beating down mercilessly.  

The inside of the shack was painted a cream colour with wooden tables and chairs located in the centre. There was a bar in on the left which was decorated with bamboo sticks, a rare find in this day and age. A man in his forties with light brown hair and grey eyes that always sparkled with mischief was replaced by the look of worry. I felt alarmed instantly and picked up my pace. As I was passing a group of loud, laughing men in their thirties, I felt an arm trying to reach to grab my butt but, I met his eager hand half way twisting it. The man let out a loud agonising scream as I continued twisting his hand. 

"Now, what have we learned?" I asked sweetly my voice coated in sugar. 

"N...never to...to dis- disrespect wo...women again," he stuttered his eyes widening as I twisted his hand further. 

"Good," I replied still smiling and turned around before I heard him curse "Bitch". The heel of my sneaker dug into the grey stones and I swiftly turned around making my fist contact with his face. A heavy groan escaped his lips before he hit the hard grey floor and going unconscious.  

Habit. The habit was starting up again. I took a few calming breaths inconspicuously. No one knew. They couldn't. My thoughts were frantic going two hundred miles an hour. The pace of my heartbeat increased drastically and I felt like I was on the verge of a heart attack. A soothing, melodious voice pierced the heavy silence. 

"Well we know not to mess with this girl," the voice said. I stepped out of my trance concentrating on where the voice originated from.  

My eyes landed on a boy my age with messy blonde hair, which strands of hanged in his eyes. His eyes were pale blue colour yet had a grey streak in them and they were framed by long thick eyelashes. Those eyes looked like they have seen so many things; I knew those types of eyes. He had a light tan that indicated he didn't spend a lot of time in the sunlight. His bottom lip jutted out more than the top and they were a deep scarlet colour. He had sharp features and a defined jaw line. He looked astounding even though he was just sitting there drinking.

"Yeah. Never forget," I warned before the whole bar continued with their banter. I pulled out the stool at the shank and Carl walked over to me. 

"The usual and why the long face?" I asked studying his jumpy behaviour. 

"The Pirates of Kamball," he simply stated his voice on the edge. My eyes slightly widened as realisation sunk in.  

"What about them?" I asked genuinely curious. 

"Rumour says they'll give us a visit," he answered handing me my vodka in a glass. I eyed the drink with despair. Those pirates were ruthless especially to women. Thinking about my options I took a swig out of the glass, letting the alcohol burn my throat soothingly. 

"So?" I asked not allowing myself to care. 

"They say half of the town already left," he replied wiping the glass that was in his hand with the grey cloth. 

"What?" I asked disbelievingly. My thoughts wandered for a moment to Dad and Adrian. They wouldn't leave. Right? 

"I know," he replied his eyes shining with fear. I brought the glass once again to my lips before chugging all of its contents down 

"Take it easy there girl," he warned his eyes softening. 

"Thanks Carl but I have to go. I'll probably make it there by sunset," I replied standing up and waving good bye. They couldn't leave without me. Could they?  

I jumped into my boat making it shake a little. As I settled down, I untied the rope and pushed myself further from the dock. I pushed the oars forward and pulled them backwards, creating a continuous swinging pattern. I relaxed as I listened to the quiet swishing of the water as I raised my oars and settled them back into the ocean. The refreshing salty ocean scent lingered in the air clearing my nasal passage. I relaxed as I laid under the sun letting all the nutrients sink into my caramel skin. 

By five o'clock I was reaching the little town of Chamkal as the sun set was painted with a burnt orange, canary yellow and soft red brick colour in the background. Our little town was not famous like Lapos and Kalamare but it wasn't poor either. After the Great Floods it was on of the first towns set up, nothing too flashy but not ordinary either just right. The dark charcoal buildings were all two storeys. Lady Alma was the governess of this little humble town. I parked in the South Dock noting that there were only a few boats floating on the restless waves that couldn't seem to settle like children being given sugar before bed. Swallowing the unease that was at the back of my throat I climbed out of my little boat heading towards our little one storey house. 

The women were frantically running around in their grasps terrified children, washed out blankets and as many belongings as they could gather. My eyebrow furrowed in distaste because I didn't like this one bit. When our little house appeared in sight, I noticed the burnt sienna door wide open. My brow creased further as unease built up in the back of my throat that this time I couldn't swallow. The pace of my feet quickened unconsciously and before I knew it I broke out in a sprint. My feet thudded in rhythm with my heart pounding against my ribcage threatening to fall out. 

I pushed my way inside noticing most of the belongings were gone leaving a barren room with just a table and some turned walnut chairs lying on the ground. The dark apricot blankets were thrown carelessly on top of the oak beds meaning they left in a hurry. A shrill scream pierced the eerie silence that hung gloomily in the room. Instinctively I dashed out of the house finding the town on fire and many terror filled screams filling the air. One coherent thought made its way through my jumbled thoughts; Pirates of Kamball.  

My hand reached out for the glistening knife that my eyes spotted at the edge of the apple green drawer. I clutched the shining piece of silver metal with one hand while I grasped my thick, long chestnut brown hair with dirty blonde highlights in the other. I brought the blade steadily over to my hair and started pushing the blade against it. The hair gave way to the blade and floated in the air before letting gravity drag it to the ground. I stared at my scattered hair that now lied lifeless on the oak floorboards. Without a second thought I grabbed a thin bleach white blanket that lay in a corner and wrapped it around my chest. The zipper of my black leather bag flew open and I grabbed a pair of baby blue shorts that went to my knees and a loose moss green t-shirt. This was the only way I was going to survive if I got captured by them  

I walked over to a mirror that had a crack going diagonally threw it, making my reflection distorted. However I managed to pull of a boy look somehow. My hair ended just below my ears giving me a messy hairstyle. The blanket covered my chest making it as flat as a board. I sauntered over to the kitchen and grabbed a loaf of bread, some apples, a few left over potatoes from the night before and milk in a bottle. Throwing the duffel bag over my shoulder I exited the house running in the eastern direction hoping to reach the native village of Dello by the morning.  

The only disadvantage about living in the small, humble Chamkal was that it was surrounded by water meaning I would have to row to Dello. As I manoeuvred my way through the blazing town hoping to reach the docks on the other side, the scarlet red fire danced violently threatening to engulf me. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead and my throat felt tight and burning. A shrill shriek broke my concentration on avoiding the dangerous flames and I jumped to the side dodging the bright orange flame that nearly burnt me by inches. My morals got the better of me and I turned around in the direction of the scream.  

My intuition brought me to a narrow alleyway. The grassy ground was on fire and I couldn't pass by walking. I noticed a small metal ladder leading up to the roof. Weighing my chances against falling of the roof, I tore the hem of my shirt and wrapped the fabric around my hands to keep them from burning on the heated ladder. Swallowing the unease that was telling me to run, I wiped my face and jumped to grab the ladder. The contact was warm but not enough to do any real damage to my skin. My muscle arms contracted and I started pulling myself up. Once I was high enough, I swung my feet until they touched the bars. I hoisted myself up onto the roof and stretched my hands out on either side. One foot in front of the other, I managed to balance my way over to the other side. 

There stood a young girl a few years younger than me being held by a man while the other beat her older brother. He was slumped against the wall barely keeping his eyes open. My hand went for the dagger in my left pocket and I clutched it instinctively. Letting out a steady sigh I didn't believe what I was getting into. I crouched down than leaped onto the man that was holding the boy. As I fell on top of the man, he staggered a few feet backwards and fell hitting his head on the sturdy rock behind him. I heard his head snap and I was sure he was dead. Not wanting to over analyze the situation I got back onto my feet and faced the man that was holding the girl.  

Only he wasn't holding her anymore, he was facing me his eyes full of rage. He lunged at me and I dodged easily to the left. I punched him in the stomach and elbowed him in the back. He let out a pain filled grunt and fell to the floor. Suddenly there was a lot of shouting and more men showed up. I cursed under my breath and counted five men in total, I couldn't take them all at once. Swallowing the knot at the base of the throat I poised my dagger making sure I was light on my feet. Hey, I could always try. 

"I tol 'em to keep 'em prisoners," replied a man in his mid forties looking at the bodies with disgust. 

The other men that were at his sides picked up the boy that was slumped in the corner and the girl who was watching me fight. The man who was ordering them around started approaching me, I tried to maintain my calm and take deep breaths.  

"Now boy, lis'en good 'n' lis'en well. Come wi' us and no one gets hurt," the man warned. I tried lunging at him even though he was twice my size but he knocked me on the head. Darkness started to cloud my vision, threatening to engulf me. I tried hard getting my eyes to focus on anything, but they wouldn't budge. The alleyway spun out of control leaving me dizzy and soon I lost all sense of direction. My feet gave in and I collapsed onto the hard ground. Before I managed to pass out I heard "This one's feisty better sell 'im," My last thought was there may be hope and like that light gave way to darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 562 19
Second in the Sparrow's Love series. ------------------------------------------------------- Maria Barbossa is back. She's out to find her true love...
27.3K 724 36
Stuck in a life she has little interest in, Caroline finds herself jumping into a unique adventure. Eager to help save her friend Elizabeth, she join...
567K 15.3K 33
Scarlett Pearl is the most famous female pirate. She is fearless and up for anything. Known for her many crimes and adventures, she now has to face a...
16.4K 931 24
Scarlet Bri, the only daughter of the legendary pirate, Black Smoke, has always wanted to become a pirate like her older brothers. Her brothers compe...