Safe in Your Arms

By EbonySolcum

Newt and Tina struggle to cope with losing people they love and are drawn together because of it. The Fantast... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 36

3K 108 211
By EbonySolcum

Tina paced back and forth across the room. She finally stopped in front of the mirror and glanced at her reflection. 

Beautiful . . . she thought. Newt always calls me beautiful but I still can't believe he's right. But maybe, just this once, I am.

She carefully took a seat and studied her reflection. She was wearing the blue dress Newt had bought her. She found it ironic that he had bought the dress for her to wear on a date with Tolliver and yet her first time wearing it was to marry him.

I can't believe I'm getting married. In only a few minutes, I'll be marrying Newt.  

Tina caught herself trying to run a hand through her hair. She groaned and checked her reflection, glad to see she hadn't messed up her hair. Her dark hair had been curled and styled into a simple but elegant style. Nagini had done her makeup. It was nice and simple but Tina decided that it must be the reason she actually looked as good as she did. The only other thing she was wearing was the necklace Newt had given her for Christmas. She had worn the necklace every day since she had received it.

Tina jumped as the door opened and Nagini came in.

"You're very jumpy," the girl laughed. "Are you okay?"

"I -- I don't know," Tina said, getting to her feet.

"You're just nervous."

"More like terrified," Tina admitted. "I don't know if I'm ready for this. I don't know if I ever will be."

Nagini approached and carefully straightened her dress.

Tina went on. "I mean, I always thought Queenie would get married before me. She was always the one guys liked. I honestly thought I would never get married. I was the plain one. I was the one who was so focused on her job. I was responsible for taking care of us and I didn't have time for men."

"You were dating Tolliver," Nagini pointed out.

"Because of Newt. When I met Newt, my life changed. He was the first man I had ever had strong feelings for, I just didn't know what they were. I mean, I was crying when he left New York. I was actually crying. When I thought Newt was engaged I was so upset that I wanted to forget him. That's why I started dating Tolliver. I thought that if I had someone to love, someone who wasn't Newt, I wouldn't care what Newt did but it didn't work."

Tina turned back to the mirror.

"What if I'm making a mistake?"

Nagini made an exasperated noise and forced Tina to turn around.

"Does it feel like you're making a mistake?" she demanded.

Tina hesitated then shook her head slowly. "No. No, it doesn't. Honestly, nothing has ever felt more right."

"That's better," Nagini said. "Now, let's get you out there."

Tina took a deep breath to calm her nerves. Then she followed Nagini out of the room. The girl led her through the hallway of the small church. When they reached the end of the aisle, she slipped down the side of the room to join the small group of people sitting on the first few rows.

Tina looked down the aisle to where Newt stood at the front of the church. He was standing, wearing a grey suit, with his shoulder's hunched in his usual, shy position. Looking up, he met her gaze. He seemed to freeze, a look of awe on his face. His posture straightened, assuming a more confident pose. 

Swallowing the lump in her throat, Tina slowly began to walk down the aisle. It seemed to take forever but she finally reached the front of the church, climbed onto the platform, and made her way to stand beside Newt, the man who would shortly be her husband. She looked up at him. He was still staring at her so she offered him a smile. He gulped and tore his gaze away from her but he cautiously took her hand in his. She gave it a squeeze, hoping to tell him that everything was alright.

The minister began speaking. When he had said his part, Newt and Tina said their vows and exchanged rings. Then the minister spoke again.

"Do you, Newton Scamander, take Porpentina Goldstein to be your wife?"

Newt looked Tina directly in the eye as he spoke. The love in his gaze made Tina want to cry.

"I do."

"And do you, Porpentina Goldstein, take Newton to be your husband?"

Blinking back her tears, Tina took a deep breath. She knew that the next words she said would change her life.

"I do."

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Newt pulled Tina closer and gently pressed a kiss to her lips. He pulled away and smiled at her. She smiled up at him, a tear slipping down her cheek. Reaching up, he brushed the tear away with his thumb.

"I love you, Tina," he murmured.

"I love you too," she replied.

After the wedding, everyone went to Theseus's house. Since his house was bigger than Newt's he had offered to let them all have dinner there. Newt and Tina sat at the head of the table. The rest of their friends and family sat on either side of them. Everyone spoke cheerfully, letting themselves forget about all the problems in the world. When the meal was over, they each congratulated the newlyweds.

Dumbledore was the first to approach them.

"Well, congratulations, Newt," he said. "I always knew you'd find the right one. Tina, you're a very lucky woman. Newt was always one of my best students, even if he tended to be a bit disobedient at times."

"Thank you, Dumbledore," she smiled.

"I wish I could stay and chat but I really need to get back to Hogwarts. There are things I need to do."

Tina started. "Things concerning--"

"Grindelwald, yes," Dumbledore finished for her. "There are things that must be done before we can move against him. Unfortunately, those things are proving more difficult to accomplish than I had hoped." He finished and bowed his head slightly to them. "Again, congratulations and goodbye."

Newt's parents were the next to approach them. 

"Newton, I must say, I'm rather surprised you're married. I never thought you would be and I always thought that, if you were, it would be after your brother," George said.

"You never really thought about me, father," Newt mumbled. "It was always Theseus."

"That's not true," his father protested. "Anyway, congratulations."

Helena took a step forward as he moved off.

"I know we were never very close, Newt, but I was always very fond of you," she said. "I hope you know that."

Newt nodded and gave his mother a hug.

"I'm very happy for the two of you," she continued. "It's very obvious that the two of you are in love and I'm sure you'll be happy together."

"Thank you, mum," Newt said softly.

Helena turned to Tina. "I hope we can get to know each other better."

Tina smiled. "As do I."

Newt's parents left and he turned to Tina.

"My mother's warming up to you," he observed. "I'm not so sure about my father."

Tina laughed slightly. "It doesn't matter what he thinks of me. I know you love me and that's all that matters."

Bunty and Andrew approached them, offering them their congratulations. Then Theseus came and gave his brother a hug. Tina suppressed a laugh.

"What?" Newt asked.

"I just remembered the first thing you told me about your brother."

"And what was that?" Theseus asked.

"He said you were a hugger."

Theseus shrugged. "Well, I am."

Jacob and Nagini approached them.

"Let's head home," Newt said.

They agreed and they prepared to leave. Newt went up to the guest room where he had spent the night before and gathered his things. Then they pulled on their coats and gloves and left the house. They made their way down to a nearby alley and Apparated to an alley near Newt's house.

Our house, Tina realized as Newt opened the door. Before she could move, he had scooped her up and carried her inside. Nagini and Jacob laughed as they followed them into the house and closed the door.

Newt set Tina down and they pulled off their coats and gloves. Then she turned back to him and pulled him into a kiss.

"I love you, Newt," she breathed as they pulled away.

Newt studied her, a happy expression on his face. He reached up and brushed her bangs out of her eyes.

"Tina Scamander," he murmured. "I love you too."

She felt a shiver go down her spine.

Tina Scamander, she realized. That's my name now. That's who I am.

She offered Newt a smile. He smiled in return. Then he pulled her back and pressed a kiss to her lips. Tina smiled into the kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck and felt him pull her closer, deepening the kiss.

He's my husband now. We'll always be together now.  

A/N: And there you have it. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please vote and comment.

Unfortunately, the next chapter will be the last. But there will be something new to replace it.

I meant to put the picture of the engagement ring in the chapter where they got engaged but I forgot so here it is now:

I know I asked people to vote and a lot of people chose the second ring but I liked this one better and I felt it was more like Tina than the other. I may still use the other ring for something. I'll see.

Anyway, have a good day!

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 399 11
PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION Tina Goldstein and her family moved to England shortly before she turned ten. A year has gone by and now she is going to...
53.5K 1.5K 26
Newt and Tina are on an adventure of there own in Europe! Finding out more about each other's pasts, Grindelwald and their feelings towards each othe...
924 36 34
Join Y/n and Harry Potter the twins who lived and their first year's at hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. A/n: I do not own Harry Potter, a...
53.9K 1.4K 25
Your mother had always told you that magic was real and meant to find you again, even after she passed away. You didn't know how right she was until...