Reasons Why | Mathieu Joseph

By Kk_lmao_1995

"Why did you leave me?" "Because you never asked me to stay." ✧ Where she puts all her faith in him to fix he... More

s y n o p s i s
c a s t
| D E N I A L |
c h a p t e r o n e
c h a p t e r t h r e e
| A N G E R |
c h a p t e r f o u r
c h a p t e r f i v e
c h a p t e r s i x
c h a p t e r s e v e n
| B A R G A I N I N G |
c h a p t e r e i g h t
| D E P R E S S I O N |
c h a p t e r n i n e
c h a p t e r t e n
| A C C E P T A N C E |
c h a p t e r e l e v e n

c h a p t e r t w o

309 1 0
By Kk_lmao_1995

- t h e r i n g -

|  k i m o r a & k a h l a n i & k e y l a  |

"So, wanna tell us how you're feeling?"

"I'm feeling good."

"Wanna try answering that again, but this time without lying?" Kahlani asks, her right eyebrow raised high on her forehead.

Kimora sighs as she leans back into her headrest of her bed. Kahlani stands at the end of Kimora's bed, arms crossed across her chest as she watches her friend in a slightly better state than the last time she saw her.

Four days ago, Kimora stumbled her way onto Kahlani's door step, drunk out of her mind crying. Out of instinct, Kahlani called up their other friend Keyla to help with their drunken friend. At that moment, Kahlani and Kayla saw Kimora in the worst condition they've ever seen her in.

And when they found that out, they called the only person they knew that could fix Kimora, Mathieu.

"Aye yo Kim! Where's the chips!?" Keyla calls out from the kitchen, causing Kahlani to roll her eyes.

"On top of the-" Before Kimora could answer, Keyla is already storming into the room holing a bag of Lays chips in one hand and stuffing her face with the other.

"I found them. Now get out of bed bitch, stop being soft." Keyla says through a mouth full of chips.

"Being soft?" Kahlani asks her friend, hands now on her hips.

"Yes, she's being soft. As in, she's letting that little white boy, whats his name, Trevor?"

"Thomas, and he was not little, he was six one." Kimora mumbles the last part.

"Whatever, Trevor, Thomas, same shit! My point is, all men are the same, they're all trash." Keyla explains as she pops a chip into her mouth.

"But I swear guys Thomas is the one!" Kimoa argues, tears threatening to leave here eyes for the millionth time today.

Bitting her lip to stop her from breaking down, Kimora beings to play with the ring on her finger, courtesy of Thomas himself.

"Please don't break down." Kahlani says as her and Keyla slowly make their way onto either side of their friend.

"I'm not" But evidently, Kimora bursts into tears once again and her friend's quickly embrace Kimora into a hug.

Kalani and Keyla look at each other over Kimora's shoulder. Keyla looks up to Kahlani, her eyes asking for permission to call in the big guns. Without a second thought, Kahlani nods her head in approval.

"I'll be back in a second, I just gotta make a call."

"I came as fast as I could."

"Thank you, Kahlani and I will give you two some space." Keyla tells Mathieu as she lets him into the house.

"She's still in bed?" Mathieu asks, stepping out of his shoes.

"Yeah, apparently after you left last night she's never moved an inch." Kahlani answers.

"Poor thing, she got tired from all the crying." Keyla sighs.

"Sorry I didn't come earlier guys, practice was a bit longer than usual." Mathieu apologizes.

"It's alright, as long as you're here, it's all good. Okay, Keyla and I better get going, we'll see you later Joesph." Kahlani replies, slipping on her windbreaker.

"See you guys."

After locking the door behind his two friends, Mathieu quietly makes his way towards Kimora's room.

Mathieu gives a soft knock on Kimora's room before entering. The room is in better shape than he last seen it. Clothes are actually put away rather than scattered on the floor, ice cream tubs are no where in sight, and over all everything seemed in proper shape, except for Kimora.

From where he's standing by the door, Mathieu can spot Kimora's puffy eyes peaking out from her blanket.

Kimora is still wearing Mathieu's hoodie from yesterday and her hair is up once again in one of her messy buns.

But something else caught Mathieu's eyes. On Kimora's ring finger lies a dainty gold ring, one Mathieu knows is from Thomas.

Against popular belief, Mathieu and Thomas were actually friends. Well not the closest, but they were able to hold up conversations without it being awkward. One day, Thomas had called Mathieu for help on what to give to Kimora for her birthday, and Mathieu had replied a ring, the exact ring Kimora has on her finger.

Mathieu furrows his brows as he makes his way towards his sleeping friend. With caution, Mathieu pulls the ring off of Kimora's finger.

But just as Mathieu took it off her finger, Kimora's sleepy eyes begin to open.

"Mat? What are you doing?" Kimora asks, sitting up from her position.

"I'm getting this ring off of your finger and out of your life." Mathieu says sternly.

"What? No!" Kimora argues, jumping out of bed.

Mathieu then raises the ring high above his head, insuring Kimora can't grab at it.

"Yes, Kim. You can't keep holding onto things of his, it will only keep you guessing." Matheiu reasons, making Kimora's temper drop.

"You may be right, but I still love that ring Mat."

"I'll buy you a new one."

"Promise?"

"Of course."

With that being said, Mathieu makes his way over to Kimora's washroom, Kim right on his tail.

Standing over the toilet, Mathieu clears his throat before speaking.

"Here lies the fake gold ring Thomas bought for Kimora." Mathieu starts, earning a eye roll from his best friend.

"The ring as served it's purpose for a while now, but thankfully, it's time to let it go. May it rest in peace." Mathieu then drops the ring into the toilet after doing the sign of the cross over himself.

"Would you like to do the honours?" Mathieu asks Kimora, motioning for her to flush the toilet.

"Gladly."

Then in less than a second, the ring was gone, and so was its purpose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

One By lesanlaine

Short Story

49 0 5
..it's time to let her know or else you will let her go. x A short story.
48.4K 773 22
"How do you love someone and just, walk away? Just like that." "I don't know, you just go on as normal. You get up, get dressed, go to work." "How ca...
65.6K 844 40
people left her and she couldn't control it. now people are leaving and she thought she could change it but in reality she couldn't. [carter hart] [...
5.7K 399 12
In which he wants her to give him a reason to stay, but she can't come up with any reason at all. ~~~ ©BlaqAngel 2015