Diabolik Lovers ❀ Oneshot

By XxKKity

A book of one-shots. I made these for fun. Diabolik Lovers and it characters belong to its creator, Rejet. More

Infatuation || shsa.
Love for You || besa.
Birthday || lasa.
Literature Club || yuko.
King || lasa.
Awake || shsa.

Golden Rose || shsa.

70 4 0
By XxKKity

   Waking up from my enormous bed, I scan the room, somehow thinking of the minor details that only a Queen could think of. That's right. I am Queen Maleficius but that is merely what all queens are called. My real name is Y/N Sakamaki. Sakamaki isn't my last name yet or maybe never will be. You'll find out why later, but my real last name is L/N and I am the ruler of the Vampire Clan, after Karlheinz. I am currently competing with another girl for the heart of the current king. Believe it or not, I was normal if normal consists of living in a house with 6 leeches, and an extra of 4 half ones. And I was the first sacrifice after Cho Ruve. So, the sacrifice is a woman or man...who is sent to leeches for the sole purpose of blood.

     Not confusing when you've dealt and had your only value drained and constantly reminded. Anyway, besides the torture, I had taken interest in the eldest and he seemed to take a deep interest in me. For a while, I had to deal with his sadistic way until lust turned into love. Sadism turned into trust. I almost remember telling him this as if it were yesterday. He had angered me and I had left the room. His sapphire eyes showing sadness, and I had turned before I left and said,"I know you think I'm leaving forever, yet I am not. I am simply taking a break from your attitude. Shu Sakamaki I will always love you and stay by your side no matter what. No matter if someone breaks us apart, you will always have my heart. I get upset because I don't understand you but I promise, I will always return and I promise, since you know I'm immortal, I won't die without you." And I left the room. When I returned, no words were exchanged about it except he embraced me and whispered almost inaudibly about how he loved me.

     Little did I know, the 'I love you's would reassure me of his actually love. We were going great until Cho appeared. The little witch flirted her way to him and he had blindly befriended her. He looked as if they were inseparable. Disgusting. And one day, Karlheinz popped out of nowhere, demanding the eldest to talk with him. I overheard a tad of their conversation. ("You must choose one. For the sake of our bloodline, for the sake of-")

     ("I know father! I wish I could make my own decisions without having you behind everything!")

     And Karlheinz left abruptly. Shu looked as if angered, and it was seldom that I stayed away. I knew he didn't want anything to do with me. Or maybe, he did? Well, he must have a hard time expressing it. Anger built within me suddenly. Why must I suffer? Every day, I watch him and her together and I get my esteem and everything built away when I see them kiss. Why was I torturing myself like this? I ran upstairs to my bedroom, confused, broken, and hurt. My emotions got the best of me and tears streamed down my soft face. I let out no whimpers though. I will not be weak. I will not let the man I love and the man that betrayed me see me cry. All in all, I still carry my pride. And in these things, I must move on. I got up and went to Reiji's room suddenly. He was the mean man, but now, after what has happened, I must vent to an intellectual man.

     As I knocked on his chamber door, he opened, surprised and let me in. There, I vented technically and he looked as if he had time for me. After all, I was inhuman and I knew how he despised humans. He helped me through and at the end of our tete-a-tete, I was smiling. As I walked out of his chamber, I returned to my room and smiled. I got my life together, rather than wallowing in sadness. I wrote a few short stories. I drew landscapes on my digital drawing tablet and I had gotten better. Of course, sometimes my blood would get sucked, but you know, whatever. And I thought I got him out of my head...But I was seriously wrong. I was going mad but got my mind off of it. And slowly, my madness was numbed by writing. And slowly, every time I would catch him sleeping without Cho on his arm, I would draw him. It was the only connection I had with him. A drawing.

     One day, it had been normal. The boys attended school but today, I had stayed home. I was trying to get this commission done and Reiji agreed with my proper reasoning. As I had laid in my bed, my pillows propped up in a special position, I drew. Suddenly, the door had a knock on it. Strange. I should be the only person in the house. I rushed over to see who it was and it was none other than the person that had caused my madness. Shu. I slammed the door immediately, to which he with his strength, caught. I went back to my bed, anxiety, and love confusing me to where I had to steady my breathing.

     He walked in and saw me suffering to breathe as he had panicked."Y/N?!" I had struggled to get out a single word."Get...Out..." He had looked at me and suddenly hugged me and my breathing slowed down. Oh no...Oh no please no. I had fallen into the trap again. He had tightened his arms around me and kissed me. And my breathing was regular. And all of a sudden I fell unconscious.

     Shu had looked at her body, his regret and worry about fulfilling him. He had seen her chest moving up and down for reassurance. He sighed in relief and set her up, tucking her into bed where he had noticed her drawing pad. He picked it up to see her current drawing of a commission and was blown away by her artistic skill. Nothing less to expect from his Y/N. He saved the draft and hit 'Return to my Gallery' to see his face more than once. He widened his eyes. After all this time he had thought she had forgotten him when evidence here stated she never let him go...just as she had promised. He went through the drawings and smiled. But his smile faded slowly as he had come across a picture of him and her. He clicked the thumbnail and got a full view. It was beautiful. Y/N was holding up a peace sign and with a light blue dress on that was short. Y/N was smiling her brightest He had missed that.

     He had a blue dress shirt that was unbuttoned with a white shirt underneath. He had his hands through his hair and the sun shining on both of them as he was wearing sunglasses but they were pulled up and placed on top of his head. He was smiling a little but not as much as Y/N. They both had their left eye closed and their right eye open. He was running his fingers through his hair. What surprised him is the title and had broken him a little. It was titled, "The One that Got Away," on the top and on the bottom in little text, it stated, "He ran away from me, I didn't run from him..." Suddenly, the tablet was snatched from his hand violently. Y/N was awake.

     "What are you doing with my tablet?" I said, venom in my voice. He sighed, not answering. I had looked at the picture he was looking at and sighed as well. There was a long pause between us as if we were collecting every guilt in the world we faced as I broke it."It's true..." My voice sounded hurt as if cracking with sadness, but I had cleared my throat, determined to not let him see me so vulnerable."I can explain..." He said, his eyes begging and tempting me. Instead of being like every other girl, I gave him a chance. I patted the space beside me and he took a seat."Cho had come into my life and I was determined to not let you suffer-"

     "I wasn't suffering-"

     "Silence."

      His voice was scary at this point. I nodded, disliking how quickly I obeyed due to fear. I held my back up high as he continued."I was determined to not let you suffer like Edgar did." I thought for a moment. Edgar was Shu's childhood friend that burned down with his village. And that is the reason for his behavior now...It truly is sad that he dwells on that. I have had him shake me awake as he was still asleep yet dreaming. So many nights, he had woke up breathless and had ended up falling asleep after a long talk and him lowering himself down to my waist and embracing it as I stayed propped up by a pillow, threading my fingers through his soft blond hair. I came back to the real world as he continued."And I wanted to distance myself. I was scared. I had never experienced something as I had with you. And Cho danced into my life and made me feel the same way." I wanted to say,"Why are you even in my room? To say you never want to see me again?" But I refrained, considering his previous actions."I am madly in love with both of you."

     'Heh, try telling that to me when you first didn't sleep around me after you 'distanced yourself' from me.'

     "And I'm afraid that my father will kill off one of you so I'm forced to pick the other and forced to make a quick decision so I'll be killing him," Shu said, rather bluntly. I wasn't surprised. It was Karlheinz. The one who made Shu go to the north pole for bad school performance in grades. I shivered at the thought, looking up at him."And I'm asking you to be my queen. I'm not choosing you-" He said quickly after the offer, making me hurt. He said it so quickly as if reassuring me I didn't even have a chance, which would make sense since we haven't talked in half a year,"-But you were the first. You had always assured your love. And you are queen material." I refrained from blushing as I sighed."You can speak..." He said. Suddenly, my urge to make an insult and defend myself vanished. He respected me so much that if he became king, I could become queen.

     "O-okay." I sighed as I could see the relief wash over him."Good." He said and suddenly I stood."When are you going to attempt..murder and taking over the throne?" I asked, curiously. I was afraid he was going to get hurt and I wanted to at least reassure him of my promise and forgive him. God, I hate myself sometimes. He walked out of my life and kissed another woman in front of me and when he comes back, I immediately run into his arms, looking as desperate as I was when he first left me confused as if I did something to upset him. Although, he did put up some good reasons. I have to forgive him. It's not his fault that he wanted me safe because he was scared of being with someone and scared of that foreign feeling of euphoria. It's not his fault for what happened as a child. Don't look at me like that....

     "To-tonight." He said.

     Oh. This is going to be difficult. A usually lazy vampire is going to fight a man with godlike powers. Although to be fair, I don't doubt Shu. He was depressed, yes, but when he sets his mind to something, he will act to do it. I know, inside, Shu is still that child with a pure soul. I see it. I wonder if Cho can see it too?

     I walked up to him and embraced him as he embraced me back, not even hesitating. He wrapped his arms around my lower back, at the base of the spine, but not on my waist exactly and pulled me closer as I squeezed tighter. I knew Shu wasn't one for affection, but when he was given it, it looked as if it were okay. You just have to time it right. I kissed the top of his head and his cheek and smiled, pulling away to admire his look. He had rose tinted cheeks and I definitely do too. Probably double his. I pulled away and ruffled his hair, and he smiled."If I die, check under my bed for a box. And if I don't, if I pick you or not, I will give it to you." He said, whispering into my ear. I nodded and we both pulled away, not wanting to. I wanted that moment to last for eternity. After all, I want to drown in my sins and his...together...for eternity.

     He smiled as suddenly I kissed him. It wasn't for long and it wasn't too detailed but our lips collided in love. I pulled away and awkward fixed his collar of his school uniform and touched the ends of his hair. He smiled as I whispered."Don't answer this, but I love you, no matter how many times you break me and my heart, I will always want to be by your side."

     He looked at me for a second and I could see regret but I quickly dismissed it. And to my relief, the regret slowly turned to an understanding and he held my left hand and kissed my ring finger."I bid you, adieu." He said and walked off. I watched him walk off, holding my left wrist with my right hand and staring as he glanced behind and disappeared. The kiss was way out of character but...It wasn't at the same time.

     And with that kiss, thus my waiting began.

     I waited for hours, never going to sleep when day turned to night and night turned to day. I didn't bother leaving my room with anxiety and fear. It was night and I was forced to attend school. As I got my Ryoutei uniform on and my shoes, I looked into the mirror and noticed a strange disliking of my appearance but you know, I never really liked myself anyway. Stepping into the limousine and sitting beside Subaru, nearest to the window, I looked out, completely lost in thought. When we got to school, I was the first one out. I made myself up to the rooftop, passing by the music room. Memories of Shu and I came to haunt me.

     ~As I sat down to the cello, I hesitantly played. I haven't played it in a while and only played it to learn an instrument but it turned into something else. I loved the haunting sound of the cello, the rumbling of its sound and its softest moments...I loved all. As I sat and got in position, I looked at the default sheet music to see J.S Bach Cello Suite 1-6. I slowly began playing but as I played more, I had become more involved with the music. It was as if the cello took me off to an elegant ballroom to dance with fairies. Suddenly, I heard slow clapping and I was interrupted by my playing to see Shu. I blushed and stood, almost tripping over my seat."Hey!" I exclaimed.

     He raised his eyebrow at me and complimented my playing. On the inside, I was joyous. He complimented MY playing. As I sat down, he sat beside me to my surprise."So, you like Bach?" He questioned. Weird for me since he usually didn't care. I nodded slowly and he offered his earphone. I took it slowly, and lowered my ear to it, not moving too much, afraid to knock him out. I listened. It was what I was just playing. Bach's Cello Suite 1, 2, and 3. But of course, it started off with one. He let me listen as I lost myself in the music. Little did I know, with my closed eyes and off guard stance, he had gotten close to me, grabbed my shoulders and bit into my neck. I cringed in pain and raised my shoulders only to get them forced down by his strength.

"You have no right to resist me..."~

     I shook the memories out and headed up to the rooftop faster. As I reached the door, I kicked it open to see Shu. I expected him to be here. I knew he was going to live. He was Shu, after all. This place was where sadism turned to trust.

     ~As I made my way up to the rooftop, I saw a certain blond haired vampire sitting up with a golden rose in his hands. He smiled at me as he beckoned me to follow him. I did so. He led me to the edge of the fenced rooftop and looked down, taking my hand and put the rose into it."Crush it." He demanded me, suddenly. I looked at him as if he just insulted me. I was about to say no when I saw the look of seriousness in his eyes. I quickly held the stem without pricking my hands on the thorns and tore off the top delicately, leaving the thorny stem in my other hand. Shu took his hand and overlapped my hand and helped me crush it. I watched as the yellow petals fell to the ground softly and slow as he retracted his hand and I opened my hand flatly, letting the remaining petals fall.

     He looked at me and whispered."That flower is you. I have crushed you and you are forced to live this life with me. There is no anxiety, no hurt, and mostly, no hesitation. Just elegant falling. And-" He paused as he had taken the stem with thorns and held my index finger up gently. In one swift motion, he had moved the stem up and the thorn pricked my finger. I didn't flinch but yet I understood. He had kissed the red from my finger, licking it up and pulled me closer to him. From now on, you are the rose and I am the thorn." He whispered in my ear."In other words...I will always love you." He kissed my forehead as I was dumbfounded. It was the first hearing those words from him. I quickly responded,"I...I love you!" and he chuckled."Together, my rose." He looked to the sky, we shall move together."~

     I smiled quickly and ran towards him, hugging him. He had smiled, whispering in my ear."I did it...My rose."

     And now, here we are. I was forced to take Sakamaki as my last name so it would look like we were married. And Cho and I live in the castle. He is still deciding on who he wants, which I'm fine with. I got up and brushed my teeth and my hair. My first days at the palace were strange. The maids and butlers tried to do it for me but I would not allow it. I smirked in the mirror as I went outside the room and into the dressing room custom fit for me. My maid, Tahina, smiled."Good morning." I smiled back."Morning, Tah." She had given me my outfit plan and her recommendations. "I think I'll take the royal blue short dress," I said as she quickly ran to my closet and returned. She laid the dress out and helped me tie the strings in the back. I smiled as she helped with my makeup as well. I stepped out looking like a queen.

     I made my way down to the dining hall for breakfast to see the dining table. It had about 20 chairs on each side and one chair on the ends. I sat in the chair on the end, far from Shu. Cho was tugging on his arm and they were laughing. A butler brought me my usual-- blueberry tart with creme coffee. I sighed in delight as I took a bite and opened up the newspaper. The people were rioting over new prices again and the lack of protection from the Vibora's, who have been invading and trying to start war due to their thinking. The Vibora's think we are cheating them out of trade which is the most ridiculous. We plan to host a party and invite them and convince them of allying and refraining from a revolution. My thoughts were interrupted by Cho's high pitched, obnoxious giggling. She was wearing fanciest dresses ever since Shu moved her into the palace. No, I am not jealous, simply stating its hard to watch that two gawk at each other when our clan is at stake. I rolled my eyes. She pecked Shu on the lips and he obviously wanted more so he tried to chase her face. Uug. I went back to the newspaper, highlighting the deaths from The Vibora's last attack. 31. 31 demons lives were snatched. It agitates me. I want the best for my clan. Imagine if one of those lives belonged to a mother. Just how are her kids going to re-

     Once more, my train of thought got interrupted to see her feeding Shu. I quickly got up from my chair, my chair being shoved behind me as I slammed my palms down on the table. That got their attention quick. Great. Just what I needed. To look like a crazy woman. I looked up to see Shu and Cho. Cho looked as if she wanted to continue and he looked as if he had messed up if messed up counts as abandoning your clan for a mere girlfriend. I walked off, leaving my coffee and half a tart and clenched my hands in a fist with the newspaper in hand and swiftly walked off. Not before turning and saying sharply."I'll meet you in the meeting room. 9:20. Sharp." And slammed the doors that led into the dining hall. I walked into my room and sat on my bed. Sighing, I continued with the newspaper.

     About an hour later, someone knocked at my door. I opened it to see a butler with my coffee and blueberry tart."King Shu said you didn't finish your breakfast and insisted I bring it to you." I took it from him and laid it down on my tray. I sighed and excused the butler, following him out and into the meeting room. A few advisors had arrived early and were going over the newspaper, same as I was before I got interrupted by Mr. and Mrs. Sakamaki in the dining hall I mocked them in my head as the seats began to fill up until everyone had arrived. Everyone waited for Shu as I tapped my foot. Suddenly, he walked in, in formal attire yet disheveled. He had hickeys and lipstick all over him as the men and women advisors all blushed. I glared at him as he tried to look innocent."Okay, so let us star-" I quickly interrupted him by yanking him out by the ear. He followed, annoyed. As I threw him out in the hallway by the ear, I started."What were you thinking?!"

     "What?"

      I showed him a mirror and he looked panicked. I got out tissues I held with me and whipped the lipstick off. I got a comb I also kept with me in case a strand of my hair was out in an emergency and combed his hair into place. The hickeys, well, I got makeup out and hid them quickly. When I finished, he looked at me and grabbed my waist,"Thank you." He whispered in my ear. I shoved him off. He looked like he did something wrong or as if he was confused. I sighed."Shu, you need to get your priorities straight. Did you know 31 lives were taken at the latest attack?" He looked surprised and hurt."What? No!"

     "You would know if you'd get your newspaper and read it instead of flirting with your fiance-"

     "She isn't my fiance."

     "Well, she should be!"

     "Why so?"

     "Because you two act so in love already."

     He sighed."You can just come to me when you feel down."

     "Yeah, well our people of the clan are supposed to come to you when they feel endangered! How are they supposed to approach you if you always have your nose in Cho's hair?! I understand affection, but you need to put your people first!" I finished and he looked dumbfounded. I walked back into the meeting room and he followed. I excused our absence and sat.

     Currently, after the meeting, we all agreed on keeping this reign peaceful, instead of holding a ballroom party to star an ally with them again. I mused over the idea. Dresses and fancy desserts and more. After the meeting, I went straight to my room, but instead, I was grabbed by the wrist."Shu!" I said, immediately. He sighed and dragged me to an empty corridor."Why have you stopped seeing me?" He demanded. I sighed and frowned,"Because, I have been focusing on work. I'm not some dog in heat that will just go after you. I have a job!"

     "Cho is not a dog in heat!"

     "Whatever!"

     I sighed in exasperation as Shu suddenly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his room and locking the door."My rose, we've almost withered." He said. I nodded."Do you still draw?" I blushed. Did he remember? "Y-yeah," I cleared my throat. He suddenly asked on a serious note."Why haven't you seen me?" I sighed and hugged him harder."I-I just get stressed and I don't want to seem like a pushover and be too clingy and most of all, I don't want you to think bad of me...Plus" I added,"I want to tempt you, not the other way around." I smiled and he smirked."That's my rose." He kissed my neck and cheek and I exchanged the same gesture.

     I was his rose.

     Still

 ❀

     It is the ballroom dance and I am rather beautiful. I have an off the shoulder red dress and my hair up in a neat and tight bun. I sighed and looked at myself. I was pretty sexy. I laughed at my thoughts as I made my way down, butler escorting me to where I entered. I saw Shu and Cho as Shu looked to be stunned by me, making he want to hold back a smirk. I saw Cho, upset I stole his attention. Oh well. Don't care. I sighed and walked over and joined them, beckoning Cho to run off when a servant started announcing our entrance. I smiled as he called us. I ran my hand together through his elbow and we started down the grand staircase. I saw men looking at me with a type of eyes that intimidated me and I moved closer to Shu.

      After we danced, all of us, until suddenly, I have pulled away...By Shu. He pulled me along, my body light after some champagne. He escorted me to his room and balcony. I looked out at the view as I looked at him. He had gotten a golden rose. I smiled as he offered it and picked off the top and threw the stem off the balcony. I had crushed the rose and quoted,"This flower is you, I shall crush you-" Suddenly, I felt something strange and hard. It kind of stabbed into my finger as I looked closer. It was a ring. Engraved on it, it said,"My rose, Y/N' I looked up at him as he spoke those destined words."You're the one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 263 19
ALSO ON HOLD PEOPLE I do not on diabolik lovers!!! Im just a simple fan! (Pretty slow updates) One shots made for you! The boys are waiting for you...
146K 3.3K 21
【 𝚂𝙰𝙺𝙰𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙸 𝙱𝚁𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁𝚂 × 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙴𝚁 】 ___________𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐀 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩...
297K 7.4K 28
THIS IS DIABOLIK LOVERS YAOI YUUUSHHH! I HAVE TO WRITE A DESCRIPTION AGAIN BECAUSE WATTPAD RANDOMLY REMOVED IT! T-T Well enjoy! heuehiue (WARNING: IF...
176K 4.1K 24
| 𝖠 Subaru 𝖲𝖺𝗄𝖺𝗆𝖺𝗄𝗂 𝗑 𝖱𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝖥 | 𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩�...