Roommates

By CCKens

Cara Lee is cold, awkward, highly OCD and she is defininly not a people person. She spends most of her days i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
The End

Chapter 11

45K 1.8K 1.5K
By CCKens

Hannah's p.o.v.

 I stood in front of the door, patiently waiting for Amanda to come up. Cara stood a few feet behind me and she looked like she wanted to hide.

"Make sure she takes off her shoes," Cara whispered.

I could feel my heart racing as we waited for Amanda.  I haven't seen her in almost three years because of our busy schedules. 

"This is nerve-wracking," Cara muttered. 

I slightly jumped when I heard the door knock. I went forward and opened the door.  A giant grin was plastered on Amanda's face when she saw me. 

"Hannah Banana," Amanda hollered. She pulled me into a big hug. 

She looked the same as always. Her long dark blonde hair was set in waves. She wore a burgundy sweater dress with black knee-high boots that made her tower over me. She had to wear burgundy out of all the colors.  I had to fight the urge to not frown.

Amanda glanced at my outfit. "Twinsies!"

"Before you come in...."  Amanda must have seen Cara behind me because she shoved me aside like I was nothing.

"Is this your girlfriend?" Amanda eyed Cara like a leopard.

Cara tilted her head to the side in confusion when Amanda mentioned the word girlfriend. She had her hand up as if to wave when Amanda pulled her into a hug. Cara went stiff as a board.

Amanda released Cara and to my horror, she smacked her on the butt.

"Lighten up girl. I won't bite," Amanda laughed.

Cara looked extremely petrified as her face went bright pink.

"Amanda," I growled.  I dragged her away from Cara and before I could say another word, I saw a little boy peek his head in the doorway. He was adorable. His curly brown hair fell a little over his eyes and he had on the cutest suit.

"Mommy," The boy called out.

I felt my breath catch in my throat as I stared at my sister in complete shock.

"Surprise!" Amanda held her arms out as the boy ran into her arms.

"Shoes....." Cara muttered as she stared at the floor as she tried to recover from her petrified state.

"Girls, this is Charlie," Amanda introduced.

"Hi, Charlie," I said as I crouched down to his level. "I'm your... aunt Hannah."

He stared at me with wide eyes. He looked to be three or four years old. 

"Before anyone can move. Please take off your shoes before you come any further," Cara called out.

Amanda gave me a quizzical look and I nodded my head.

Amanda unzipped her boots while I helped Charlie take off his cute little dress shoes. 

"Nice, place you have here," Amanda stated as her eyes scanned around the apartment.  "Why is there a bra..." 

I immediately dragged Amanda toward the kitchen. 

A smirk played on her lips as she stared at me with mischievous eyes.  

"So what have you been up to Hannah?"

"I could say the same about you," I whispered.  I glanced over at Charlie who was now in the living room with Cara. Cara had her hands clasped together and she kept her distance from Charlie. She looked completely terrified while Charlie stared at her with curiosity in his eyes. "Who's the father?  Please don't tell me it's Chip." Chip was Amanda's high school boyfriend. He was the stereotypical dumb jock, immature, closed minded and full of muscles. 

"Could have been a Chippendale," Amanda said with a shrug.

"You don't know who the father is!" I couldn't believe how irresponsible and reckless she was. 

"Shhh, quiet down," Amanda whispered as her eyes narrowed into a glare. 

"Sorry,"  I mouthed. 

"It's touching me," Cara called out.

"It has a name," Amanda replied with annoyance. "I mean he."

I glanced over at Cara. Charlie was hugging her. 

"Mommy," Charlie said 

"Uh...definitely not your mommy," Cara said. "Now please stop hugging me." 

I  couldn't contain the smile that appeared on my face.

"So how long have you two been dating?" Amanda took a seat on one of the stools. 

"We're not. We're just roommates," I said. "I don't appreciate you calling her my girlfriend. She doesn't know I'm a lesbian." 

Amanda's eyebrow rose at my answer. A smirk silently crept toward her lips.  

"Don't do that,"  I said.

"Do what?" Amanda asked innocently. 

"That look," I pointed out.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Amanda said with a shrug.

"Mommy?" Charlie called out with uncertainty. 

"Okay, that's a chair," Cara answered.

Amanda and I looked over to the living room. Charlie was now hugging the cream-colored armchair. 

"He's in his mommy phase," Amanda explained.  

"Does mom and dad know?"  I took a seat next to Amanda on the island. 

"They know of him," Amanda stated. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I told them that Charlie is a friend's son that I'm taking care of while she is in rehab," Amanda explained.

"You lied?"  My jaw dropped at her explanation. 

"I'm their perfect daughter," Amanda explained. "I can't just tell them I had a kid out of wedlock." 

"Ugh, this is so frustrating," I said as I ran my fingers through my hair. "Have you seen them?"

"Yeah I saw them last Christmas," Amanda said. 

"How are they?"  My heart hurt thinking about them  I haven't seen them since I left for college which was four years ago.  All I remember was the look my mom gave me when I told her I was a lesbian.  At first, she thought it was a joke because I couldn't possibly be a lesbian.  I didn't look like one. The story of my life.  Just because  I didn't fit the image of what a lesbian looked like did not mean that I wasn't.  When she finally realized it wasn't a joke, her face completely changed. She looked so hurt and disgusted. My mom looked at me like I was a stranger. She told me that I should never tell anyone and that I had to change. When I refused she became a shrieking witch.  My dad who stood there silently the whole time, finally spoke up and said that I shouldn't upset my mother. She didn't want me to be myself so I followed through on those words to not upset my mother and I left home that day and never look back. If being myself upsetted her then I shouldn't be near her.

"Mom is still the same. She has Church group every Thursday like always," Amanda said. " Dad...he misses you."

"Does he?" I could feel tears creeping out of my eyes.  My dad was my best friend. I always wanted to hang out with him. Whether it was fixing something that was broken around the house or playing catch outside, I always spent time with him. 

"He asked about you every time I'm home," Amanda said.  

"I miss him too." I wiped the falling tears that fell from my eyes. 

"Then you should talk to him," Amanda said." 

"I don't know if I can," I said.  I did miss him, but I felt so hurt. He chose to side with my mom.  

"The first steps are always the hardest to make," Amanda stated.

"Yeah, they are," I agreed. I glanced back to the living room since Charlie and Cara were strangely quiet. Cara was fast asleep on the sofa and Charlie was asleep beside her. 

"Awe that's cute," Amanda said. 

I could feel a smile on my lips. "Yeah, really cute."

"You like her?" Amanda's eyes went from Cara and then back to me.

"Of course, she's my roommate." I tried to say coolly.

"You know what I mean," Amanda said with a scoff. 

"It's complicated," I stated. Cara didn't like people.  Nothing was going to happen.

"She's straight?" 

"Uh...it's more like she doesn't like people," I explained.

"And how did you become her roommate?" Amanda looked at me skeptically. 

"It's a long story. She needed a roommate and I was chosen," I said.

"Because you're a model," Amanda.

"That has nothing to do with it," I said. "She literally avoided me when I first moved in. "

Amanda pulled her long hair into a ponytail and glanced back at Cara. "What does she do?"

"She's a writer," I said in confusion. What was she doing? Why did she want to know what Cara did?

"She must be some writer if she can afford a place like this," Amanda stated. Her eyes roamed around the apartment.

"Yes, she has two best sellers," I replied. 

"Charlie likes her." Amanda's pink lips curved into a smile. 

"What are you trying to get at?" I said accusingly. 

"I'm going to see if she actually dislike people."  Amanda rubbed her hands together in anticipation.

I could feel my eyes widen in horror. "It's true! She doesn't like people." 

"We'll see," Amanda said coolly. She tossed her ponytail over shoulder as she matched her posture with my own.

"You're straight." This was so unbelievable that I erupted in laughter. 

"Don't assume my sexuality," Amanda said in offense. 

"You are! Don't play with me." She always did this. If I expressed some sort of interest in someone then she had to go and try to take them. 

"I'm not. Charlie already called her mommy," Amanda explained. "He can call her that for real."

"He also called a chair mommy," I answered in disbelief.

"Why are you so worried Hannah?" Amanda's eyes narrowed as if she was challenging me. "You said she doesn't like people."

"I just... you...just don't try anything Amanda," I said. "You made her so uncomfortable already."

"She does have a nice butt," Amanda recalled. "Have you felt it?"

I took a deep breath as my hands clenched at my sides. If this was ten years ago, I would have tackled her.

"Lighten up," Amanda giggled.

She smacked me on the arm. I felt like my right eye was twitching and I couldn't contain myself. I smacked  her back. "Stop playing."

Amanda stared at me in shock when I smacked her. She plastered on a smile. "I'm not." She smacked my arm back again, but this time it was harder.

"Yes, you are," I said firmly as I smacked her again.

"You're misunderstanding," Amanda responded tersly.  She looked me in my eyes and slapped my arm.

"Ugh!" I jumped on her and we both came tumbling down on the floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

655 5 26
Sophia Woods is quiet, keeps to herself, and hates attention. She moves to Charleston, South Carolina after getting emancipated to run from her terri...
60.6K 1.9K 25
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞..." "...𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮." For as long as anyone could remember, A...
1.2M 48K 63
{18+ COLLEGE ROMANCE COMPLETED} What sucks more than being rejected by the girl of your dreams? Finding out afterward that she's moving in with you...
148K 3.5K 20
Cassandra - I've gone through life's ups and downs because of you. I've felt how crazy love can be with you. But I just can't get you off my mind. Yo...