▪To Ashes▪quirk Deku au▪

By SuzuneisSilenced

Before I was just one of the 20 percent of the population without quirks. But when attempting to save my chil... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
PART 4 IS FINALLU DONE OH MY GOD
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 1

12K 269 184
By SuzuneisSilenced

Just a small clarification before we begin, if you have read any fanfictions similar or exactly the same as this one I apologize. I liked my idea and thought it would be fun to write about. I am not attempting to plagiarize any other works. I have not read a fanfiction like this yet but if it already exists I don't have any knowledge of it while writing this. (This was written because I've gotten pms accusing me of plagiarizing works that we're in fact published after I had made mine it was very infuriating to me and I decided to put this disclaimer at the start here)
-Suźune

In this world there are heroes and villains. Heroes are good, villains are bad. Heroes seemingly have to be happy, loving and caring. Villians have to be cruel, souless criminals that are hell bent on destroying our new quirk influenced society. 80 percent of people in this world develop superhuman powers. Whether they are helpful or just plain useless in general that is humanity's newest evolution. And then there was me, one of the 20 percent of the population without quirks. Or so I had thought...

I walked down the stairs of the grey office building feeling rather, empty. My fate had just sealed by my idol, otherwise known as the number one hero, All Might. I had asked him if a quirkless loser like me could become an amazing hero like him but, I was quirkless you obviously can't be a hero if you are quirkless. If you are quirkless you must be and therefore are useless to everyone. I let myself out the back door of the building, knowing that some more relavant people in the world probably wouldn't want me prancing out the front door of their fancy modern skyscraper.

I dragged myself among the rest of the crowd on the main road. 'Izuku you idiot of course your quirkless, All Might is the number one hero powerful and amazing, why would he say that you can be a hero?' I smacked into another person as I was too caught up in my depressing thoughts to care to look where I was walking.

"Sorry kid this is a no go zone some kid is having some trouble with a villain. The pro's just got involved better find a different way to go." The policeman said in his gravely sounding voice. I strained my neck to look over at the commotion going on behind the bright yellow caution tape. It was Kacchan.

'Oh. God. No.' This wasn't happening but it totally was, my legs moved too fast and before I could stop myself I was sprinting over to the slime villain and chucking my backpack at it. My sunflower yellow bag hit the green villain square in the eye. I ran over to my bully grabbed his left arm and pulled him towards me best as I could. My heroic moment was suddenly crushed by the painful sound of screaming.

I looked at my childhood friend's arm and cringed. His arm had practically no skin on it, his muscles and bones were now proudly on display for all of Japan to see. "LET GO DEKU!" The stubborn ash blonde had legitimate tears welling up in his scarlet eyes. What a terrifying sight it was to see my bully in tears. "KACCHAN I'M SORRY BUT I'M GOING TO SAVE YOU!"

We fell to the ground, in a pile of blood, tears and ashes. Within a couple of seconds a bunch of pro heroes ran over to us. The noises around me blurred into one slurred voice and once it the noise made its way into my ears it sounded somewhat like this,  "Need.... ambulance- help! get away the media! stay away....please." I squeezed my eyelids shut, trying to ignore the impossibility of what had just happened. 'I don't have a quirk... its a dream... a bad dream! I'm just quirkless Deku....Quirkless...Deku....'

I woke up in a normal white hospital room. In a pile of dust. Normal? This is not normal. A lady that I labeled as a nurse was standing by the doorway. "Ah! Midoriya-san you're awake. I see..." Her soft voice quaked as if she was terrified of something- someone maybe. "Y-yeah um what happened?" I asked, deciding to be blunt about this whole situation. The nurse gave an small shrug, "I don't know?" Her reply sounded more like a question showing that she knew more that what she was letting on.

"IZUKUU!" My mother burst through the pale door in a panic. "Mom?" I reached out to embrace her in a hug, but to my surprise she shrunk back in fear at the attempted hug. "Izu... honey Akabayashi-san is going to see you soon until then it's probably best that we don't....make any physical contact...what so ever..." She explained, in a slightly disgusted way.

That worried me. You see my mother isn't the type to refuse a hug to anyone, especially me for that matter.

The door opened again, less forcefully this time, revealing a short man with slicked back hair and dark glasses over his eyes. "Hello Izuku-kun good to see you again. It's been so very long. And Midorya-san you look well." Akabayashi-san held out a gloved hand to my mother's. She accepted his offer and gave it a half hearted shake. "From what I've gathered from the news..." The lean man held out a cluttered clipboard. "Seems he's developed a disintegration quirk of sorts."

I looked at my doctor in shock, "A-a quirk?!" I shook my head rapidly, "This isn't real is it??" I let out a small squeal of delight, then covered my mouth in embarrassment. But as my gaze shifted around the monochome room I quickly realized that I was the only one expressing happiness. My mother, the doctor and the nurse all exchanged looks of irritation. My doctor slipped his frail hand down into his pocket, retrieving a tongue depressor.

"Touch this." I looked at the small wooden stick lying on his gloved hand. I slowly reached out my hand and pressed one finger onto it, the second it made contact with the stick it slowly rotted away into a neat pile of ash atop the doctor's hand. He brushed the dust into a small trash bin next to him. Then proceeded to get out yet another tounge depressor from his pocket. "Now  touch this with your tounge?" I nodded, squeezed my eyes shut tightly and licked the bland tasting wood.

I must've been expecting to taste some dust or what not because of my newfound quirk but nothing happened. I opened my left eye and looked down at the depressor. The stick had stayed a stick. The doctor made a 'mhmn' noise and scribbled something on his paperwork. "Yeah... Midoriya-san we'll need to borrow your son for a couple of tests." Doctor Akabayashi explained, pushing his glasses back onto the bridge of his crooked nose. My mother sighed and nodded in agreement, "Well that is the best thing to do..."

The walk to the testing room was longer than it should have been. I can't begin to count the times I was obligated to run back to my mother. But after around 8 minutes (I'm guessing here) we entered an even smaller room. I took a single glance at the cramped space and knew immediately that I wasn't going to like this.

No windows, no pictures no colors. Only two chairs standing middle of the room, a shelf with multiple bins containing multiple items that I didn't have the time to identify and a plastic table. 'Fun.' I thought sarcastically as my doctor pushed me down into the chair that was farther to the left rather forcefully. "Now Izuku-kun I'm going to ask you a couple questions about your quirk. If you can't answer it that's just fine. Just say that you don't know it and I'll move onto the next one."

"Ok." I mumbled looking down at my hands in slight fear. I watched my doctor stride over to the shelf, and grab a box that was labeled, "quirk cancelling serem surgery use only" I looked up at Akabayashi-san in horror, I wasn't going into surgery! Wait...was I? My doctor chuckled at my alarmed expression as he pulled out a pair of plain black gloves. "Hold your horses Izuku-kun we're not going to rip off your arms." I laughed uncomfortably at his comment, 'I think that might have just made this whole situation worse...'

I let my eyes wander down to the doctor's clipboard accidentally skimming through his notes on my quirk. Until my eyes were met with a single sentence, quirk is impossible to control, if not careful restraints must be used. I stifled a small gasp of into the corner of my fist. I tore my eyes away from the dreadful sheet of notes.

I watched the doctor dip the pair of black gloves into the tub of the thick green substance. "These gloves are often used for younger kids that can't control their quirks yet." I looked down at my havoc wreaking fingers and wiggled them. "When you learn to control your quirk we can take em off how's that sound?" I nodded, trying to ignore what I had glanced at on his notes, 'Does this mean that I could literally kill anyone just by touching them?' The idea of doing so made my heart drop.

"Im going to put these gloves onto your hands try not to move them." I did as the doctor had instructed, I stayed still as possible. I watched as Akabayashi carefully slid the gloves onto my fingers, until they were fully on. The black gloves felt sticky on my hands because of the quirk suppressant that was covering the glove. My doctor held out another tounge depressor (how many does he have in his pockets?) for me to try and destroy. I touched it, nothing happened but then again I wasn't expecting anything to.

I walked to school reluctantly the next day. I really didn't want to face Kacchan after what I had done to him. I forced myself to put one foot in front of the other over and over and over again until I reached the school gates. I swallowed, "I really don't want to go in there..." Before I could catch myself I began muttering my head off. Suddenly I was falling. "Oi Deku you shitty ass nerd." I looked up at my tormentor in fear. The explosive boy had a large bandage wrapped continuously around his left arm, part of it had a bit of blood seeping through it.

I whimpered at the sight of his face. "H-hi Kacchan..." The blonde snorted as small explosions bursted atop his right palm. "You fucker! Trying to deny what happened yesterday? You son of a bitch." I felt my chest clench up and my breathing quicken. "I-I'm sorry Ka-acchan..." My bully kicked  my chest without any hesitation, I let a small gasp of pain escape my lips, I could tell immediately that I had made a mistake.

"You trying to get the teachers to come and save your ass?" Kacchan pressed his foot down harder on my stomach making it ever harder to breath normally. "Nobody in this god damn world wants to save a fucking
extra like you." He took his foot off of my chest but didn't leave, instead he grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and in his commanding voice said, "Don't even think about using your shitty quirk. Its meant for a villain and heroes always win."

Well I made the first chapter of this book. You've probably noticed that Izuku's quirk is slightly different than Shigaraki's. I'll list the differences here:
• Deku's quirk activates with the use of any one finger and all of them combined unlike Shigiraki who has to use his whole hand to disintegrate stuff.
•Deku's quirk is heat based now I'm not sure how Shigiraki's quirk works exactly but Deku's quirk is because of the temperature of his hands. They are so hot that they immediately burn the object or person so fast that it turns to ash. His quirk is easily more similar to his father's which is fire breathing  but mixed with his mom's telekinetic ability, activated with her hands.
-Suźune

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 103 31
(Credit to the wonderful artist who drew the cover art for this story. Thank you 😭❤) Quirkless izuku soon after middle school starts developing a qu...
167K 3.3K 13
"I'd rather die then be your fucking soulmate Deku! The universe made a damn mistake. Do us all a favor and take a swan dive off the roof of a buildi...
305K 9.2K 37
----------------------------- "Do you love me? It doesn't matter, anyways. You're mine." -------------- Y/N, a class 1-A student attending UA academy...
104K 3.9K 39
This Is a BakuDeku fanfic. Izuku's dream of being a hero changes after he got diagnosed to be quirkless. That dream had become a distant a fantasy...