Blythe and I

De Em_104

"Evelyn you will not talk to that girl. She is too much of a bad example for you." "But father you hardly kn... Mais

Chapter one
Chapter 2
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 11
Authors Note
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Not an update :-(
Chapter 21
Ugh!
Chapter 22
Last update coming soon..
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Surprise!
Update coming soon!

Chapter 25

1.1K 26 25
De Em_104

Traveling back to Avonlee felt like an dreaded eternity. I never imagined myself coming back after the several years of 'accidentally' missing the boat back to the town. Yes you heard me I purposely decided no to come back, but all for good reasons.

I especially loathed to see Gilbert again. We had our times together...but we were children still back then. But even though I am still embarrassed at myself for doing anything with Gilbert Blythe.

I am almost 21 which means that Nate has to be 24 at least. I missed him and grandma so so much. I also wanted to see them, but I could never bring myself in coming back to all the memories the town had. Memories that I never wanted to think of again either.

Loading off the train, a man came to bring me my belongings and take me to a carriage to bring me back to Avonlee.

"Beautiful day out for December don't ya' think miss?" The man asked taking my bags from me to put in the carriage.

I smile politely and nod.

"Indeed it is sir," I say walking to the carriage and hoping in.

"Have a nice time in Avonlee miss!" The man closes the door behind me and waves as the carriage takes off.

"I hope so..."

•••••••••••••

"Welcome home Evelyn! We missed you dearly!" Grandma says, hobbling her way down from the porch to meet me.

The years haven't been too great on her, and it made me hate myself in that moment that I never visited her through the year at the academy.

"Hi grandma," I say, hopping out of the carriage and bending down to give her a hug. 

"You've grown up!" She says patting my face with her cold hand.

I smile.

"Where's Nate?"

She scowls at me mentioning my brother and sighs at me.

"Oh...your brother is out at the Barry's house fixing a fence. I told him when you would be here but he wouldn't listen-"

"Wouldn't listen?! Ha you must be dreaming grams!" A deep voice says behind me and grandma crosses her arms in announce.

"Nate? Is that you?!" I ask the now tall and broad looking man.

"Guilty!" He says chuckling and giving me a hug. "How's it been little sis? Academy treating you well?"

I nod my head and realized how much Nate has change since the last time I seen him. Both Nate and Grandma looked different both good and bad.

"Nate why don't you help your sister bring her bags in the house and I'll get the food prepared, hm?"

He nods his head towards grandma and picks up my belongings. Once grandma was in the house, we both decided to take our time so she wasn't rushed.

"How has she been?" I whispered to Nate, gesturing towards the house where grandma was in.

He sighs and shakes his head.

"You being gone hasn't been good to her for the past few years...but she's managing."

I nod my head.

Why did I have to be such a coward? Just because I didn't want to see....

I sigh and shake my head from my thoughts.

"I haven't seen or hears from Diana in a while...how is she?" I ask, hoping for some good reports.

Nate chuckles.

"She has been doing great, I presume..."

"You presume ..?" I ask, not sure what he was implying.

We finally reach the house and Nate opens the door for me, but still not answering me. Did I hurt Diana some how too for not coming to visit?

"Nate!" I practically yell making him jump and set the bags down on the floor.

"Okay, okay! I didn't want to say anything if she wanted to tell you but," Nate says scratching his head. "Diana is pregnant."

My eyes widen in shock. Was she even married yet?

"I know you must be wanting to know who's it is."

"Well..kinda...yeah...OF COURSE I DONATE SPIT IT OUT!" I yell, causing grandma to pear out the hallway to see what the commotion was all about.

"The baby is-" Nate was cut off by someone knocking at the door quickly.

I sigh in annoyance and open the door to see who it could be.

It was Diana. And boy, was she pregnant.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Diana," I say in both shock and happiness.

"Oh Evelyn! It's so good to see you back!" She says, trying to give me a hug without her bump getting in the way.

"Your...y-your-"

"Pregnant yes I know," she says giggling. "I really hope it's a girl too." She caresses her bump motherly-like, I almost envied it for a second.

"But, How?! You were barely able to talk to guys when I left and-"

"I changed I guess..really changed if I got myself married and pregnant in the same year!" Diana says smiling at her friend.

Nate had seemed to manage to tip toe his way out of the house because he was gone when I turned around.

"Married? To who?!"

"Moody! Can you believe it?!"

I stand there in shock, not knowing what to say.
"Um...Please come inside," I say opening the door for her, eyes still trained on the baby bump.

"Oh no, I'm just here to visit. Moody and I are going to the doctors up town to check on how the baby is doing. But I'd love to catch up with you sometime!"

She begins to make her way towards the carriage with and older looking Moody waiting for her.

"Hello Evelyn!" Moody says waving at me from the carriage, waiting patiently for his wife.

I wave back and close the door.

Things have changed a lot since I last been here..

••••••••••••••••

After dinner, I helped grandma clear the table while Nate had to run a few errands before it got dark outside.

"How Long has it been since Diana and Moody married?" I question at grandma clearing off the last plate on the table.

"Umm...maybe about two years or so? It's hard to think when your my age!" She says laughing slightly at her last comment.

I nod my head in sadness while looking down at the floor.

Why hadn't I been invited to the wedding? Why was I just finding out today that Diana was pregnant AND married already?

Several angry and sad questions kept flooding my mind-and I couldn't get them to stop either.

"Evelyn, I know what your thinking," grandma starts, coming over to rub my back. " it was not Diana's intention on not telling you it's just that-"

"What? She was too busy to even consider inviting me to the wedding or maybe even that she never told me about the baby? Grandma she could have sent a letter to me."

My rampage caught her off guard which made her frown at me in sadness..and a little bit of disapproval.

"Evelyn, don't be blaming Diana for everything! Maybe she was embarrassed that-"

I shake my head in anger which made grandma stop mid-sentence.

She sighs and decides to leave me in peace in the kitchen. But before she leaves completely, she speaks to me without turning her back.

"Diana was and still is scared Evelyn. Winter hasn't been the greatest to some families this year. Maybe you should consider others before assuming that they don't care for you."

After that she walks away to go to her room. Caught off guard with her comment, I rushed to the hallway to grab hold of her hand.

"Grandma...what do you mean by winter hasn't been the greatest to some families in the town?" I ask fearing what would come next.

She looks up at me with sad and sour foul eyes.

Shaking her head she finally speaks.

"Evelyn...Diana's little sister Minnie-May died almost a month ago."

•••••••••••••••••••••

I stare out my old bedroom window, looking out at the snow covered fields from outside.

Diana's sister is dead.

It was hard to think that such a young girl would die so soon. I never really had much time to see Minnie May, so I didn't have much sadness as I should for the now dead young girl.

Diana seemed so happy when I seen her earlier in the day. Nothing seemed like anything was wrong. But who am I to judge, Diana could be a natural at concealing her emotions.

I sigh and get up from the chair I was sitting in in front of the window and decided to go for a walk to clear my thoughts.

I had been so judgmental towards my friend that I didn't even know the full story as to why she never talked to me while I was in England.

Stepping down the stairs I quietly put on my coat and hat so that I didn't wake grandma up or Nate. It was close to ten o'clock, so everyone in Avonlee should have been asleep by now.

After putting on my snow boots, I open the back door and step outside.

It was a peaceful December night. Nothing seemed to be moving-well except for the trees being moved by the winds.

I walk down the street, passing the entrance to  Green Gables, also known as Anne's house, and coming close to the Gilbert's house.

I shiver when I noticed the barn. All the memories, both good and bad, were there. I decided to stop walking and began to stare at the dark wooden barn house just a few miles ahead of me.

Shaking my head I begin to turn around until I hear someone yell out my name in confusion.

"Evelyn?" The dark and deep voice asked form behind me.

My body shivered, but sadly to my dismay it was not because of the cold.

I turn around to face the one person I never wanted to see in my life anymore. The person was Gilbert Blythe.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hello everyone! Hope you enjoyed this final and last chapter of this book. I will be starting up the sequel to this book really soon! Hopefully the first chapter will be up before New Years..but we will see! A lot of things keep happening to pop up for me to continue writing the chapters! Can't wait to start the next book! Thank you so so much and MERRY XMAS! ~♥️ Emma.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

54.1K 603 17
"𝑳𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏," 𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒈 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆 "𝑮𝒊𝒍𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚" 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝑨𝒖�...
122K 3.8K 38
Gilbert left Avonlea and Anne, but surely not forever? Here's how we think Gilbert Blythe will return! - A collection of one-shots about Gilbert's r...
662 12 5
Gilbert can never escape Anne Shirley Cuthbert, he's reminded of her wherever he is. But, how far is he willing to go to get her back after a misunde...
246K 9.6K 47
"Come home some day." Gilbert Blythe has been away for almost two years. Upon his return to Avonlea, he finds that things have changed and there is a...