Rogue Queen ➵

By IceSky_

❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't a... More

Rewritten Version
STORY INFO/CHARACTERS
Prologue
➵ I. New Life
➵ II. Asher
➵ III. The Plan
➵ IV. Returning
➵ V. Wish That You Were Here
➵ VI. Accepting & Rejecting
➵ VII. Flawless Suspicion
➵ VIII. Riley
➵ IX. Straight Single, Taken Gay
➵ X. First Date
➵ XII. Killing Kia
➵ XIII. King, Choir & Consequences
➵ XIV. The Rogue Kingdom
➵ XV. Alpha Meets King
➵ XVI. The Truth Comes Out
➵ XVII. Christmas
➵ XVIII. Unity At New Years
➵ XIX. The Past Can Leave Scars
➵ XX. The Burning House
➵ XXI. Leaving Arguments
➵ XXII. Am I A Psychopath?
➵ XXIII. Created To Be Hated
➵ XXIV. Insecure
➵ XXV. He Was Right
➵ XXVI. Alpha Meeting
➵ XXVII. Mate Against Mate
➵ XXVIII. After
➵ XXIX. Found You
➵ XXX. One Wish
➵ XXXI. Going Home
➵ XXXII. Preparation
➵ XXXIII. Taken
➵ XXXIV. Call For Help
➵ XXXV. Tortured
➵ XXXVI. Finally
➵ XXXVII. Start A Riot
➵ XXXVIII. Come This Far
➵ XXXIX. Fall Of The King
➵ XL. Reviving
➵ XLI. Overcoming Challenges
➵ XLII. Starting Redemption
➵ XLIII. The Scavenger Hunt
Epilogue
Behind the Pages
➵ What If Oneshot
Sunsets on Us

➵ XI. The Revealing

72.9K 2.2K 309
By IceSky_

Friday, December 22nd, 2018, 7:00am

Dollhouse - Melanie Martinez ^

Rei's POV

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Clove asks.

"I... I'm sure," I reply. "I want to give Asher a second chance, and I don't want to do it as someone else without him knowing."

Zaine smiles. "I'm proud of you, Reina. It can take a lot to face a bad past... I should know."

He looks down and mumbles the last part under his breath, but I still hear him.

"Your past is in the past, and that's where it's staying," I say. "We're not letting you get abused or bullied again."

"Amen to that," Killian says loudly.

My eyes narrow when I spot a slight grimace cross Zaine's face before it's gone. "What is it?"

Zaine looks up at me. "Just bad memories."

Slowly, I nod, seeing the sincerity in his eyes, but something's telling me that's just not it, that he's not telling us something.

Killian wraps his arms around Zaine, kissing his forehead. Zaine smiles, hugging Killian back and resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"Can we go now?" Rhea asks.

"Yeah, let's go!" Chase adds.

"We go whenever Changeling's ready," I say.

Zaine place a quick kiss on Killian's lips then turns to me and the twins. "OK, let's go."

The four of us put on our coats and boots and head outside, closing the door behind us. Chase and Rhea walk in front of Zaine and I, giggling and stomping in the snow. Zaine and I hold hands as we walk, talking and laughing together.

You better not steal my boyfriend, Reina, Killian says jokingly.

I don't want him in more than a sibling relationship, I reply. Your boyfriend is all yours.

Forever, Zaine adds.

Good, Killian says. We'll see you later. And if he faints again, you better take care of him, Reina.

Of course, I reply. Remember you're not the only one who cares about Changeling.

I know, Killian says. I just wanted to be sure you wouldn't just leave him unconscious.

"Y'know Reina," Zaine says, "maybe you could mind-link your dad so he goes to the pack house now and we don't have to ask Asher to do it when we get there and wait."

I nod, "good idea."

I hesitate slightly.

"Nervous?" Zaine asks. I nod. "It's alright. It's natural to be nervous, or scared. Remember how nervous Killian was about confessing to me?"

I chuckle slightly. "He was afraid he'd scare you away. OK, I'll mind-link him."

For the first time in two years, I pull up my mind-link to my dad. He's mind-linked me many times over the years, but I've never replied.

Hey, Dad, I say nervously.

Rei? His reply is immediate. Is that really you?

Yeah, I say, smiling slightly.

Where are you? Are you alright? Dad asks.

I'm fine, I reply. Um, could you do me a favour?

Anything, he says.

Can you go to the pack house and find Asher? I ask. And Raiden? Maybe ask them to go to Asher's office to talk?

Of course, Dad replies. Can I ask why?

Asher will know, I say. Just ask him.

Alright. I'm guessing this is the end of of the conversation?

Yeah. I miss you, Dad.

And I miss you, my little Luna, Dad says softly. I love you, Rei.

I love you too, Dad, I reply.

Then I close the link.

"Well?" Zaine asks.

"I asked him to find Asher and Raiden and have them go to Asher's office."

"Found it!" Chase says loudly, pointing at the pack house through the trees. "Race you there!"

He takes off running, Rhea following after him, both of them kicking up some snow behind them. I glance at Zaine quickly before running after the twins. I hear his footsteps behind me, his laughter ringing through the air. Both of us run slow enough that we don't pass Chase or Rhea, letting them win.

We come to a stop outside the pack house, laughing together.

"We win!" Rhea cheers, giggling.

"How'd you get to be so fast?" Zaine says, dramatically falling to the ground, panting exasperatedly.

Rhea giggles again and sits on him stomach. She scoops some snow into her mitten-covered hand and places it against Zaine's forehead for a few seconds. Then she drops the snow and lays her head on Zaine's chest, smiling. Zaine sits up and wraps one arm around Rhea, using the other to help him stand up.

"OK, I'm cold now," he says. "Let's head in."

We head up the porch stairs, stomping off some of the snow on our boots. Chase opens the door and steps inside, and Zaine and I follow him inside, Zaine still carrying Rhea.

The pack house looks just as I remember it. The maple flooring and walls are still the same. I see pack members in the kitchen to the right, and talking in the living room to the left. I smile slightly at the cozy feeling the place brings.

Zaine sets Rhea on her feet and we all take off our coats and boots, putting them in the walk-in closet to the right beside the door.

So where are we going? Zaine asks.

Asher's office, I reply. I think I remember where the Alpha's office is, but we should ask just in case.

"Rangers," I hear Sophie's voice. I see her walking towards us. "If you want, I can take Chase and Rhea to play with the other kids."

"No, I want to stay with Reina!" Rhea whines, grabbing my hand.

Chase grabs my other hand. "Me too!"

I chuckle softly. "I guess they'll stick with us for a while longer. We'll come find you when they're ready."

Sophie nods, smiling. "Alright. See you later then, Miss Ranger."

"Oh, Sophie?" Zaine asks.

"Yes, Mr. Ranger?" She replies.

"Do you know where Asher is?"

She nods. "In his office. Down the hall, first turn left, second door on the right."

"Great, thanks," Zaine says, smiling.

Sophie returns it and heads into the kitchen, going to help some of the other pack members in cleaning up breakfast.

"Let's go," Chase says, pulling my hand, trying to lead me down the hall.

We walk down the hall, following Sophie's instructions. When we come to the door labelled with a brass plate reading 'Alpha's Office,' I hear talking within.

"I don't know why she would do that," Asher's voice says. "But it proves she's still alive."

"Then what happened before?" Raiden's voice replies.

"Maybe she found a way to break the bond," Dad's voice says.

Zaine looks at me before knocking. The voices stop.

"Come in," Asher calls out a few seconds later.

Zaine opens the door and walks in, followed by the twins, then me. Asher is sitting at his desk, Raiden leaning on it on the side opposite to Asher, while my Dad is sitting on the couch in the room.

"Zaine, Autumn." Raiden gives us an acknowledging nod, a small smile on his lips. He looks at Chase and Rhea, then back at Zaine and I, "I'm guessing these two are the younger set of Ranger twins?"

"Nah, we picked these little brats up in the forest," Zaine replies, grinning and ruffling Chase's hair.

Chase giggles and grabs at Zaine's hand on his head, playing with Zaine's fingers. "No! We're Rangers!"

"What are you guys doing here?" Asher asks, tilting his head. He glances at my Dad, "oh, and this is Raiden's dad, my dad's beta, Zander."

"Nice to meet you, sir," Rhea says, smiling.

Dad smiles back. "You too, young lady."

"Why don't you sit down," Asher says, gesturing to the two chairs facing his desk.

Zaine plops downs in one and Chase and Rhea squish together on the other while I lean on the back of it.

"Back to Asher's question," I say. I glance at Zaine, who gives me a reassuring smile. "Last night I was thinking..."

I hesitate, not knowing how to say it.

"What?" Asher asks, sounding like he's trying to hide a slight panic. "You were thinking what?"

I glance at Zaine again. He tilts his head, seeing my nervousness. Suddenly, a smirk appears on his lips.

Sing, he says.

Yeah, sing, Rhea cheers.

Sing what? I ask.

"Autumn?" Raiden says. "I think you're scaring him."

I blink and look at Asher, who's gazing at me, a small frown on his face, his eyes nervous and fearful.

Probably thinks you're gonna reject him, Zaine says. Sing something you like, something that reflects you.

A small smile crosses my lips as I realize what I can sing. I take a deep breath, and start singing.

"Hey girl, open the walls
Play with your dolls
We'll be a perfect family
When you walk away is when we really play
You don't hear me when I say
"Mom, please wake up
Dad's with a slut
And your son is smoking cannabis"

No one ever listens
This wallpaper glistens
Don't let them see what goes down in the kitchen

Places, places
Get in your places
Throw on your dress and put on your doll faces
Everyone thinks that we're perfect
Please don't let them look through the curtains
Picture, picture, smile for the picture
Pose with your brother, won't you be a good sister?
Everyone thinks that we're perfect
Please don't let them look through the curtains

D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E
I see things that nobody else sees
D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E
I see things that nobody else sees."

Do it, I say to Zaine.

A few seconds later, I feel the same tingling sensation as I did when Zaine used his power on me the first time. It's the same tingling you get when your foot falls asleep. Some of my hair hangs in front of my face, so I watch as it turns from dark brown to black.

When the tingling stops, I look at Zaine. His eyes are closed, his head resting on the back of the chair, tilted up and facing the ceiling.

"Last time I do that," he mutters. "My head is pounding."

I walk over to him, "lucky for you, I brought ibuprofen."

Zaine opens his eyes and gives me a grateful look, taking the ibuprofen I hold out to him. He swallows it quickly, then glances at Asher, Raiden and my Dad.

A chuckle escapes his lips. "I think we broke them."

When I look at them, they're all staring at me, eyes widen, mouths open slightly. Dad is the first to come to his senses.

"Rei," he whispers, a smile starting to form on his lips.

I nod. "Yeah, it's me."

Raiden studies me. "Then say something only my sister would know."

"Like what?" I ask.

"The last things you said to all three of us two years ago," Raiden replies.

I don't even have to think of the answers. I don't hesitate to reply.

"To you and Dad," I say, "I said 'I'm fine, see you later.' To Asher, I said 'I've been through enough in the past five years without you making it even worse.'"

Asher winces, looking ashamed. "I'm sorry for what I put you through, Rei."

"I know," I reply. "And you don't have to look so scared. I said I'll give you a chance, and I will."

I see some of the tension in his body melt away and he gives me a small smile. I see regret in his eyes, and know it's from what he did to me.

Raiden comes over and hugs me tightly, smiling. "I missed you so much, Rei."

"I missed you too," I whisper.

I feel another set of arms wrap around my brother and I, and I know it's our Dad.

"I'm sorry I didn't protect you," he says softly.

I smile softly. "You didn't know."

"Where have you been?" Raiden asks.

"With Zaine, and the others," I reply. "We've been living in a small town north of here."

They pull away, both of them smiling with a few tears in their eyes. Asher is leaning on his desk now, where Raiden was before. His blue eyes hold a mix of emotions. Happiness, relief, shame, regret, it's all there.

"What else have you lied about?" Asher asks, forcing himself to put his Alpha role first.

"Nothing else," Zaine says. "Only who Reina is, and the fact that I can use my power on others, it just kills me in the process. Everything else is true."

"And why make a fake identity?" Raiden asks.

"I didn't want to be easily recognized," I reply. "And I could've been killed, returning after banishment."

"I didn't banish you," Asher says.

"I thought you did," I reply.

I walk over to Asher, and look up at him. "I've meant everything I've said to you since we got here," I say softly. "I'm willing to try and make us work if you'll try too."

Asher smiles softly. "Of course I'll try. I've wanted to try for two years. I'm not giving this chance up."

Kiss him, Raven says. I don't care if it's on the lips or not, just kiss him please.

Asher has the same idea, because he places his hands my hips and starts to lean in. I close my eyes and let my lips meet his lightly. It's a short, tiny kiss, but it's sweet, and like the seal of a promise. We both promise to try and make a relationship between us work.

"Aww," Zaine coos. "Reina's second kiss."

"Who was your first?" Raiden asks, his voice holding slight suspicion.

"Clove, a few days ago," I reply. "Only to try and make it seem like I died. Not much. She's like my sister."

Asher takes my hand in his, gently rubbing his thumb over the back on my hand. "What's with the eyes?"

I shrug. "My eyes changed when I was gifted. I'm guessing it's from the fire."

"I like them," Asher says, looking into my eyes. "They're pretty."

"Let me see," Raiden says, coming over to us.

"Me too!" Rhea pipes up, hopping off the chair.

Raiden picks her up so she's eye level with me. Rhea places one hand on my shoulder, looking at my eyes and smiling.

"Pretty," she says.

"They are," Raiden agrees. "Like fire."

I feel a push in my mind. Leon, and Brianna. I try ignoring them, but they don't go away.

I growl softly. What do you two want?

You should have died with the Ranger bitch, Brianna says.

Gee, thanks mother, I sass, growling at what she called Lyria.

You don't deserve my son, Leon snaps. He was right when he rejected you. You are weak.

Asher, Raiden and Dad give me curious looks, seeing my glowing eyes. Zaine looks pretty mad, since I'm letting him, along with Clove and Killian, hear my conversation with Leon and Brianna.

Weak? I repeat. I beat you.

Zaine lets out a snort, smiling in amusement.

Leon's furious growl echoes in my head. You cheated.

Oh, says the one who tried to fight me three against one, I snap. I only used a dagger, it's like an extra claw. Now, remind me why I'm even talking to you?

Don't tell them about us, Brianna says.

Zaine starts laughing loudly, making all of us look at him.

And why shouldn't I? I ask. I'm sure you're happily fucking in hell, so please, give me a reason why I should keep your affair a secret?

It would destroy my reputation, Leon hisses.

Zaine starts laughing harder, almost cackling now. I try to suppress my smile, but it doesn't work.

You already laid the plans to destroy it, I reply. All I have to do is open my mouth.

You wouldn't, Brianna growls.

At this point Zaine has almost fallen off the chair, his body shaking with laughter. Asher, Raiden and Dad are all watching his with confused looks, wondering what has him dying.

I certainly would, I say. Now, I have better things to do than talk with you two, so goodbye.

I stop using my power, and they're presences disappear from my mind.

That was great, Killian says. Thanks Reina, I needed a good laugh.

Me too, Zaine adds, panting and staring at the ceiling. Oh my Satan, that was gold.

"What was that?" Asher asks, tilting his head.

"Just a time-wasting conversation," I reply.

"How?" Dad asks. "Warlocks can't mind-link, can they?"

"Nope," Zaine says, playing with the gold chain around his neck, still staring at the ceiling. "Not normally. We can all mind-link because of her."

He points at me. Raiden's eyes look at my chain necklace, then back at Zaine's.

"Telepathy?" he guesses, looking at me.

I nod. "Yeah, that's part of my power. We all have one with a telepathy spell on it. Clove, Killian, Zaine, the twins, all of us."

"What had Zaine laughing so hard?" Asher asks.

"Just some things some dead people said," Zaine replies. "Who knew spirits could be so funny."

"Spirits?" Dad repeats. "So necromancy is part of your abilities too? Who were you talking to?"

"Just some old acquaintances," I reply. "And yeah, necromancy, telepathy, and one other thing."

"What's that?" Dad asks.

"You'll have to find out," Zaine says, grinning. "Y'know, we should probably be going. I miss Flash."

Raiden checks the time on his phone, "yeah, school starts in twenty minutes."

"Isn't the annual school talent show today too?" I ask.

Asher nods. "Yeah. It replaces the last two periods after lunch."

"Come on," Zaine sighs, getting up. He looks at the twins, "OK, you two little brats are going to play with the other kids."

"OK!" Chase says.

Raiden sets Rhea down and she goes over to Chase.

"I'll take these two to join the other kids," Dad says.

"Thanks. Bye, Dad," I say, smiling.

"See you later, Rei," he replies. "Take care of her, Raiden. You too, Asher."

"I will," Asher says.

"Me too," Raiden adds.

"Come on, hurry up!" Zaine whines, standing by the door. "I wanna see Killie!"

"He won't kiss you if he knows you called him that again," I say.

Zaine grins. "Oh please, he can't resist me. Now let's go!"

I chuckle, shaking my head. Asher, Raiden and I follow him out the door and down the hall. We quickly put on our coats and boots, before heading outside and speed walking towards the school. Asher holds my hand as we walk through the trees. When I look at him, he smiles at me, making me smile back.

"Thank you, for giving me another chance," he says softly.

"Just don't mess it up," I reply, smiling.

Asher chuckles softly. "I won't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 46.5K 53
My name. Well that's classified Know My history. Expect to die Disrespect me. The pain will thrive. After years of torture and abuse my heart we...
410K 10.4K 41
*Old Version - rewrriten version is being updated weekly/bi-monthly* After years of constant torture and pain, only one thing has kept me going- my m...
371K 13.2K 49
❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't anyone special. I wasn't some hero who sa...
446K 13.4K 49
Cover by @auroralust Available on Goodreads under this title. Every year, wolves of age from around the country attend their Placing Tournament, the...