Rebel: The Inheritance System

By iHateMilks

Synopsis ---------- All he wanted was a simple life, but fate toyed with him his entire life on Earth. Every... More

Chapter 1 - The New World
Chapter 2 - The Inheritance System Awakens
Chapter 3 - Siblings
Chapter 4 - The Nine Auspicious Omens
Chapter 5 - The Nine Auspicious Omens 2
Chapter 6 - Movement Techniques
Chapter 7 - The Lowest Life Form in the Sects (Part 1)
Chapter 8 - The Highest Life Form in the Secular (Part 2)
Chapter 9 - The Test
Chapter 10 - The First Fight
Chapter 11 - A New Wish
Chapter 12 - Home
Chapter 13 - Six Harmonies Eight Methods Boxing
Chapter 14 - Learning to Fight
Chapter 15 - Five Years Later
Chapter 16 - I am a Judge
Chapter 17 - Colleagues
Chapter 18 - Breakthrough
Chapter 19 - Qi Flowing Through My Body
Chapter 20 - Weak yet Invincible
Chapter 21 - New Colleague
Chapter 22 - setting out
Chapter 23 - First Case
Chapter 24 - Three Wishes
Chapter 25 - Rewards
Chapter 26 - Lost and Found
Chapter 27 - Chicken Wings
Chapter 28 - Liu Kang
Chapter 29 - LongXing village
Chapter 30 - The Prison
Chapter 31 - Leaving the Prison
Chapter 32 - Return
Chapter 33 - Great Black Tiger Lord
Chapter 34 - Monster King
Chapter 35 - Breakthrough!
Chapter 36 - Ying Yue
Chapter 37 - Aftermath
Chapter 38 - PuZhang Village
Chapter 39 - Decision
Chapter 40 - Zi Di Mountains
Chapter 41 - Bandits?
Chapter 42 - Prisoners
Chapter 43 - Escape
Chapter 44 - Escape 2
REUP chapter 44 - Escape 2
Chapter 45 - Departure
Chapter 46 - Roast Duck
Chapter 47 - Mariticide
Chapter 48 - Towards the Gods
Chapter 49 - Grievances
Chapter 50 - Departure
Chapter 51 - A Picturesque View
Chapter 52 - Charred Corpses
Chapter 53 - Suspected Child of Heaven
Chapter 54 - Arson
Chapter 55 - Cause and Effect
Chapter 56 - Popcorn
Chapter 57 - The Trial
Chapter 58 - Grandpa Ku
Chapter 59 - Trial 2
Chapter 60 - Moving Forward
Chapter 61 - My Own Path, My Own Way
Chapter 62 - Killing Rebels
Chapter 63 - Rebels!
Chapter 64 - Lu Wang City
Chapter 65 - Entering the City
Chapter 66 - Civil War!
Chapter 67 - Crying God Church
Chapter 68 - Twenty Qi Whirlpools Equals a Disabled Body
Chapter 69 - Plans, Schemes and Politics
Chapter 70-75
Chaper 76-80
Chapter 81- 85
Chapter 86 - 90
Chapter 91 - 95
Chapter 96-100
chapter 106-109 (vol 1 end)
Epilogue - Chapter 111
book 2 /sequel

Chapters 101-105

1K 56 3
By iHateMilks

Chapter 101 – Core Formation

Several months have passed since Meng Xui Feng found me. He has since decided to stay here for a while and help me train <Hades>, at least until they are in a presentable state before leaving.

While I had already been training them for a while before Meng Xui Feng found us, Meng Xui Feng said that their combat skills was still too weak and were only at the level of a teenager of the Meng family.

According to Meng Xui Feng, the lightning fist form is an advanced Fist form that one of the Meng family's ancestors created. While the family has no rules preventing them for teaching others, members of the Meng family do not spread it around because it is an excellent fist form for beginners to learn.

However, since there have been no rules to prevent them from teaching others the fist form, it has been taught to outsiders in exchange for gratitude or favours. For example, several elders have taught the fist form to the children of people who had saved their lives.

As such, the Lightning Fist was taught to everyone in the camp and their combat capabilities improved quickly. Since the Lightning Fist was quick and the jabs hurt badly, everyone soon had their reflexes polished so they would not get jabbed by their sparring partners.

The Lightning fist also forced everyone to adopt an offensive combat style and throw their defensive combat away since you would be forced to keep up the defensive stance once u started with one.

The quick and short jabs of the Lightning Fist meant that you would have no time to start an offensive once u started with a defensive stance. Eventually, your focus will slowly be chipped away by the lightning-fast attacks and you would lose.

Meng Xui Feng had also sent a message back to the Meng family during the time he was here, and his wife eventually forwarded the message to my mother. This was because it was too risky to send the message directly to the Shang family, especially since my father and I had become rebels. If it was found out that the message came from me or Meng Xui Feng, there would be no need to hold a trial for my father anymore.

Instead, it was safer to send it back to my grandma, who is at the Meng family. With their connections as an established hidden family, it would be a simple thing for them to pass the message to my family in the capital, and make sure that it could not be traced back to the Meng family.

This was also how my mother had been communicating with her grandparents. While she cannot visit them anymore, she still misses them and occasionally updates them about the things that are going on in her life.

The message only said that Meng Xui Feng had found me and that she should drag my father's trial as long as possible so that I could have time to prepare for the outcome of my father's trial, regardless of the results. Meng Xui Feng also stated that my mother had scolded the Shang family elders many times in her letters back home, and it seems like she had lost all faith in them until my siblings were born.

He also that the attitudes of the elders had changed immediately after their birth but my mother still feels that they have some ulterior motives whenever they communicate with my parents as she would feel uncomfortable.

These few months also allowed me to enter the realm of core formation. Ever since Meng Xui Feng started to train and teach them, I stayed in my tent all day long and absorbed thousands of spirit stones before entering the realm of Core formation. My breakthrough into Core formation was painful, just like all of my breakthroughs.

When Meng Xui Feng watched me breakthrough, he honestly believed that I was going to die and tried to transfer his qi into my body, in hopes that he would save me. But all it did was increase the pain I felt and eventually stopped when he realized that I was in more pain due to his actions.

I am not sure if it really happened due to the immense pain I was feeling, but it felt like my dantian grew bigger every time he transferred qi into my body. While I did end up with an enormous dantian after entering the realm of core formation, I could not tell if it was because of Meng Xui Feng transferring qi to me or if it was due to my exceptional cultivation technique.

That day, after my breakthrough, I asked the system for my stats.

...

(Status!)

[Beep!]

[Name: Shang Shi | Age: 19 | Body: 36 | Mind: 1]

[Vitality: 35 | Strength: 33 | Agility 38 | Intelligence 35 | Dexterity: 37]

"These are my stats?" I mutter in surprise.

(Why is it so low?!) I ask the system in an angry tone.

(Show me my stats when I was in the realm of Meridian forming!) I demanded.

[Beep!]

[These are your stats when you had just entered the realm of Meridian Forming]

[Name: Shang Shi | Age: 17 | Body: 19 | Mind: 0]

[Vitality: 20 | Strength: 22 | Agility 21 | Intelligence 22 | Dexterity: 20]

(System, why are the increments of stats so low?) I ask curiously.

[Beep!]

[Host, no matter how much you refine, improve or practice, your body will forever be only made of flesh and blood. While a mortal will never reach the limits of the human body, a cultivator will eventually be hindered by the shackles of his mortal body as he inches closer towards immortality. The only way to escape the mortal body is to become a god and shed your mortal body.]

(What if I learn those body tampering methods? Will I be able to escape the shackles of a mortal body with the help of these techniques?)

[Beep!]

[Body tempering methods will allow you to get a stronger body as they are turning your flesh into something else with the help of qi. However, these bodies are still inferior to the body of a god and the time and resources spent on obtaining such a body will be wasted upon becoming a god.]

(Wait, My mind! My mind is finally one! Is it because I seem to have a 7th sense of everything around me right now?)

[Ding!]

[The host is correct. Mind is the range of your spiritual sense and the size of your domain.]

(Spiritual sense? Is it telekinesis or can I just somehow see everything that is around now in its range? Also what is a domain?)

[Beep!]

[Host, the system will not answer your questions about cultivation. Please ask the old man at your side instead.]

Chapter 102 – Leaving the Tunnel

I have spent over a year in the tunnel and we have finally completely mined out the entire spirit stone mine. It was only possible to mine out the entire mine because everyone spent the entire day mining stones.

Not only did their cultivation increase quickly due to the massive amount of spirit stones we had, but Meng Xui Feng also implemented several new rules to motivate them further. He said that everyone was only required to hand in fifty spirit stones a day, and the rest of the spirit stones that they mined out would be theirs to use for cultivation.

Meng Xui Feng also used the method which I had set up to organise group tournaments, creating an atmosphere of friendly competition. The prize was something that these people had never eaten before, which is the meat of spirit beasts and everyone trained hard to win.

Since the spirit beasts had already drawn out the boundaries of their new territory, it was easy for Meng Xui Feng to avoid the powerful spirit beasts and hunt the weaker ones.

Nobody really wanted to be the burden or lose, so everyone did their best to practice, train and mine. It was all these people thought about. Even the few children in the camp were asked to join the teams that the adults formed since they had an advantage due to their short height.

...

Today, we are finally leaving the tunnel. Meng Xui Feng had been in contact with the Meng family and regularly asked for updates regarding my family's situation. Meng Xui Feng had also asked the Meng family for a spatial ring and got me a low-quality spatial ring.

He was grumbling about how he had to buy the ring from the Meng family for a few days but it was fine. He was not grumbling about me or the ring, but how the Meng family did not want to give him a spatial ring when he asked for me.

Looking at the blue sky once we leave the tunnel, I felt happy for some odd reason. Perhaps it is because the sky represents freedom and staying in the tunnel felt like I was trapped but it felt like my shoulders were lighter. I could tell that everyone felt the same way I did because we all paused for a few minutes once we left the tunnel.

Meng Xui Feng then floated up into the sky to find out where we are and soon floated back down.

"We are near He Jin city. I know our aim is to snatch a city from the Empire and claim it as our own, but He Jin city does not seem to have suffered much by the cleansing of the rebels. We should head to Lin Yu city or Lu Wang city. When I was searching for you, I remember that Lu Wang city was in shambles and we both know that Lu Wang city is now deserted. Only the Xin family is there and they should support you since your father is friends with their son in law." Meng Xui Feng suggests another course of action.

I look around at everyone who is looking at me, anxiously waiting for me to make a decision. They know that if I decide to go to He Jin city, we will have to fight against the city defence force and some of these people might lose their lives. If we decide to go to Lu Wang city, however, we can just walk right in and plant our flag in the middle of the city.

Lu Wang city, however, is a dead town right now. Taking over Lu Wang city will serve no purpose and we will instead have to rebuild the city. It is the same for Lin Yu city. According to what I heard from Liu Kang, more than half of the city is in shambles right now and we would have to rebuild it for the Empire if we decide to take over Lin Yu city.

"We have to take over He Jin city. There is no point taking over an empty city, or a city that is in shambles." I say loudly and look at the people behind me.

"Almost every one of you has entered the realm of Meridian Forming! You are already powerful cultivators! Strong enough to stand on top of ordinary people! The second you decided to cultivate, you have already stepped into the world of cultivators! The laws of the Empire already do not apply to you!"

"If you don't fight, then other people will step on you!"

"Nobody will protect you!"

"You have to pick up your weapons and fight for your future!"

"Fight for power!"

"Fight for your loved ones!"

"And fight for revenge!" I say loudly and make sure that everyone hears what I am saying.

Once I finish my speech, the group of people start shouting "FIGHT!"

"FIGHT FOR POWER!"

"FIGHT FOR OUR LOVED ONES!"

"FIGHT FOR REVENGE!" Everyone shout loudly, causing the air to tremble and shake around us as they charge towards He Jin city.

"They must experience killing. All they have ever done is run, running away soldiers, running away from powerful officials, running away from strong men. Today, they will know how to kill, how to advance, and how to take what they want and live in the lawless world of cultivators." I tell Meng Xui Feng softly.

Meng Xui Feng looks at me and nods, "but they will also learn of death, the death of their friends..."

I make a sad smile as I look towards my men, who are charging in the direction of He Jin city and say "They already know of death..."

Suddenly, the system beep sounds off my in head.

[Ding!]

[Congratulations host! You have granted over five hundred people their wish and have been awarded several new skills! Please check your skill list or ask about the skills you have just acquired when you are in a safer place!]

(Wait, what? I did not accept any of them as my disciples!)

[Beep!]

[The system has already told you before, that the completion of the wish is based upon the mindset of the person making the wish. While you kept on saying that you would not accept any of them as your disciples, you had taught them a cultivation technique, taught them how to fight and now, has led them out to conquer a city. They now believe that they are your disciples and are loyal to you. Therefore the system has decided that their wish has been granted.]

[Therefore, their wishes have been granted according to the rules of the system. The system congratulates the host once again!]

I look at the group of people who I called <Hades> jokingly because I assumed that they would die the second they got in a fight and feel touched that they already see me as their master, and has become loyal to me.

Perhaps I will give them a better name later?

I glance at Meng Xui Feng who has also been looking at me and nod at him.

"Let's go." I say confidently.

"Let's take down this city!" I let out a battle cry and dash towards the city in the distance.

Chapter 103 – Siege

Unlike the other cities of the Empire, He Jin city has been bustling with people recently. Unlike Lu Wang city which had almost all of its citizens killed and many buildings pillaged, He Jin city did not suffer much at all when the army came to kill the rebels of the Empire.

This caused many people, like hunters and businessmen to migrate their businesses here. Every day, the city gates are kept wide open by the numerous people entering and leaving the city and the city guards have become rich overnight due to the taxes that they have imposed on people entering the city.

If there was a road leading from the tunnel's exit to He Jin city, it would only take half a day on horseback to reach the city. It was relatively far and there were many more suitable routes to use if you wanted to enter the forest. Not to mention that few hunters actually used He Jin city as their base, and nobody knew that the tunnel would allow you to directly head to the middle of the spirit forest.

Even if you knew that the tunnel led you into the middle of the spirit forest, that was the most dangerous area of the spirit forest and if you were unprepared, you would definitely end up as the lunch of a spirit beast. These are just several reasons why the tunnel and the spirit mine was left undiscovered for so long.

However, to cultivators who can travel great distances in a short amount of time, He Jin city was only a few minutes away. In less than twenty minutes since everyone ran off to attack He Jin city, Lang Meng Ding had already fired the first attack.

Lang Meng Ding was one of the people who cultivated crazily once I taught everyone the cultivation technique that I created for them. His life revolved around cultivating, training and mining. Sometimes I would tell him that Haste makes waste, but he would reply that because of his age, he has to put in more effort.

In his training, Grandpa Meng found out that Lang Meng Ding is talented in using hidden weapons, and taught him several techniques that assassins use. While assassin techniques do not much use in a siege, they are still powerful ranged attacks and with a swipe of Lang Meng Ding's hand, the miniature crossbow strapped on his arm fired a bolt towards one of the guards.

*Phewww*

The crossbow bolt cuts through the air and kills one of the guards who was collecting taxes from the merchants happily.

"ENEMY ATTACK!" the other guard immediately screams and the city defence force start banging on the drums that are near them. These drums are only hit to inform everyone that they are under attack and upon hearing the beating of the drums, the guards on the top of the city walls also start drumming their drums to spread the news that they are under attack.

The rest of the guards who are at the gate start panicking as they try to stop the merchants from trying to push into the city so that they can close the city gates, but more bolts start flying towards them, reaping their lives.

"They...They are CULTIVATORS!!!" one of the guards on the wall shouts loudly and you can feel the fear in his voice.

"Bring down the gate! Let it crush the merchants if they do not want to get out of the way!" Another guard shout, but this time javelins start flying towards the gate. We crafted these javelins out of the strong and tough trees in the spirit forests, and they can definitely stop the gate from closing.

*BAM!* * BAM!* * BAM!*

The sound of the heavy metal gate landing on the javelins echoes throughout the city. The attacks on the guards never ceased, and every few seconds, another crossbow bolt would kill another guard. The merchants who are watching everything are scared and there are some who have even wet their pants in fear. Even the mercenaries who are supposed to be guarding the merchants are afraid, and they could feel their hearts beating loudly.

Soon, a huge group of people emerged from the forest and they were moving so quickly, that you could only see their blurred silhouettes.

"DIE FOR MY MOTHER!" one of the blurred figured shouted as he jumped up on to the city walls and started smashing the guards on the top of the wall with a huge club. Every time the club hit someone, that person would fly off the city walls, and if his head was hit by the club, his head would get blown off his body.

"He...He jumped onto the top of the city wall!!!" one of the mercenaries fell backwards in fear and muttered in fear.

Soon more blurry figured jump on to the wall while others ran towards the gate. The merchants watched these blurry figures dash towards them at an inhuman speed and started screaming in fear as they started running backwards.

After several minutes of running, however, they look back curiously and realized that none of the attackers had chased after them or killed any of them. Instead, they ran towards the city guard and slid under it.

Once they got into the city, just like the men with the clubs on the top of the city wall, they started to kill everyone around them. These men, however, did not have big clubs or any kind of weapons on hand but whenever they stretched their arms out in the direction of a guard, that guard would die.

While it seemed like a weird strategy, the men at the top with clubs could use their big clubs as shields, to block the arrows that the city defence force fired at them, while the men who slid under the city gates could kill the guards before they got close to them. It was a strategy that worked well.

Since the blurry figures had stopped moving around quickly once they entered the city, they were not blurry anymore and the merchants and mercenaries gawked at the sight of the attackers.

They were all wearing rags! All of them looked like beggars! One of the men who was causing all of the guards to die just by pointing at them was an old man! There was an even a small boy who was opening the gate for the rest of their comrades to invade the city!

"Am I dreaming???" One of the mercenaries muttered.

*PAK*

A merchant next to the mercenary slapped him and said, "Nope, you're not dreaming and neither am I, since my palm hurts now."

"Look! There is an old man and a young boy in the middle of the sky!" one of the merchants shouted while pointing towards the sky.

"You must be cra..." another merchant said but could not finish his sentence because his jaw dropped when he saw the old man and the young boy in the sky.

Obviously, the old man in the sky is Meng Xui Feng, and the young boy is me. We could hear the chatter of the merchants and the mercenaries due to our powerful cultivation but chose to ignore it as long as they don't try to become a hero.

"They're coming out soon." Meng Xui Feng said.

"Let's go." I say as I nod my head and Meng Xui Feng uses his qi to send us towards the city.

Chapter 104 - Rangers

The plan that we had created to siege the city was simple. The first step was to use the element of surprise to take out the guards on the city walls and prevent the guards from closing the city gates.

In order to take out the guards on the top of the city walls, we had to prepare my men for the way they would be fighting in the city. The first was that we had to train our people to use the crossbows that they had accurately.

Since there were only a few crossbows and bolts left, we had to find the best persons to become proficient with the crossbows and we decided to just test everyone and find out what weapon they were best suited for.

Nobody in the group had ever learnt how to fight or use weapons before they met me, so it was a difficult task to sort them out properly. Sometimes people would really like a certain weapon but was unsuitable for it and it was difficult to find out if they had the talent for it.

This process took several months and eventually, we sorted them out into three different groups. The three groups are the warriors, the rangers and the assassins. We made all of the warriors wield huge wooden clubs because they were the only weapons that we could make, and made the assassins and rangers shoot and throw compressed sand at the warriors all day long.

We forced the warriors to parry everything that was thrown at them, or the sand would get into their eyes, nose and mouths. Not to mention that these attacks hurt too, so eventually, the warriors were forced to get good.

The rangers and the assassin's training were similar, but the rangers were all people who were bad at all kinds of close combat. There are a couple of people like this but we still have to accommodate them. The Rangers were made to sprint long distances all day long so that they would not die, and the assassins were trained in many combat techniques by Meng Xui Feng or at least taught how to deal with them.

The result was that we had a group of killers. We had assassins and rangers who could take out a person with one attack from a distance, and warriors who could stand in the front line, even if it was raining arrows. We did not know where the tunnel would lead us, but we were confident of taking out the entire defence force of any city we hit.

According to what Mo Di and Meng Xui Feng told me, the city defence force mostly consists of cultivators in the realm of Qi Flow. This was because their cultivation technique was flawed, and Mo Di was one of the few exceptions who has had exceptional talent in cultivation.

The Rangers, which is the elite unit of the city defence force, usually consists of cultivators who have formed their meridians, but there are not many of them.

The only threat we had that could stop us was the big families in the city that we decided to attack, however, they would not appear until we had taken over the city wall.

Ten minutes was all we needed to kill all of the guards on the top of the city wall and take over the city gate on our side.

"There are still 3 more city gates to secure, but the rangers are already here." Meng Xui Feng said.

"Let's see how they deal with the Rangers." I said while watching from the sky. I see a couple of people injured, but none of our men had died yet. I could tell that Meng Xui Feng was secretly sending gusts of wind to blow away some attacks that would have caused a few people to die if they landed.

The Rangers knew what they had to do, and how to do it. They were experienced fighters and shot several powerful qi arrows at the men swinging their huge clubs on the top of the city walls. None of these arrows escaped Meng Xui Feng's eyes and he sent several gusts of wind to knock the arrow out of its intended course.

However, he missed one arrow but luckily, the warrior reacted in time and blocked it. His wooden club exploded into smithereens and the force sent him flying off the wall.

I watched him fall of the tall city walls and spit out blood when he landed on the ground, but he was fine. He didn't die and was only unconscious. I could have caught him if I wanted, but there was no need to.

I was sure that he would not die since I had seen him take harder hits during training and everyone else needed to remember that this was not training. All of my men are treating this as a game right now.

They are laughing happily as they kill their enemies and some has even started private competitions, to see who can kill the most people. However, when they heard the explosion that the qi arrow caused, they all woke up. they realized that this is not a game, and they might die.

In fact, one reason why Meng Xui Feng could not blow that qi arrow out of the way was because he was busy trying to cover everyone else. There were many problems with how everyone was fighting, and they all had holes in their stance that the enemy could take advantage of.

Meng Xui Feng is not going to be here forever, and Meng Xui Feng is definitely not going to be able to save them all the time. They need to learn right now, that this is not a game. This is the best way to teach them and of course, they will all be punished once we have taken over the city.

Witnessing their friend, and now family getting hurt and blown off the wall, everyone is angered and angry.

"Follow the plan! Split up and take over the gates and clear the walls!" I use my qi to amplify my voice to make sure that everyone hears me.

My shout woke everyone up and reined in their anger, but that doesn't mean that they're not angry. They are still reckless and it is clear in their movements.

The group of assassins led by Lang Meng Ding rush forward to engage the rangers. Meng Xui Feng believes they are the best counters to the rangers and gave them the role of defeating the Rangers, while the warriors will take over the city walls.

Unlike what I was expecting, Lang Meng Ding led his men and started to engage the Rangers in close combat. I was expecting them to fight in mid-range for a bit before going into close combat, but I guess this works well too.

The hidden weapons of the assassins are unexpectedly effective in close combat. Unlike the rangers, the assassin's hidden weapons could be used in close combat. Lang Meng Ding was able to fire off the needles he prepared while making feints and the other assassins had metal plates inside of the boots that would cause their enemies pain if they tried to block or parry their kicks.

While the Rangers were more skilled and had better teamwork, there were only about seventy rangers. After a few minutes of fighting, the assassins who numbered around one hundred and thirty people eventually overwhelmed the rangers.

Soon, in less than two hours, we have already taken control of the city walls and gates.

Chapter 105 – Ling family

Once we had taken over the city, we have entered phase 2 of our plan. This is where things get messy since we have to make sure that we are the owners of the city, and everyone knows this clearly.

This phase was not supposed to be difficult since we believed that the army would have killed the majority of people and powerful families for us. According to Meng Xiu Feng, the rebels have a strong presence in every city besides the capital. There are very few loyalists outside of the capital.

People who know about cultivators would be annoyed at the weak stance that the empire has chosen to take against the sects, while those who don't would feel suffocated at how power only centres around those who are aware of the cultivators. Years and years of propaganda from the Society of Heavens and built this mentality in people that the Empire is weak, and the royal family is incompetent.

Once we took over He Jin city, however, we quickly found out that it was almost untouched by the army. Instead of suffering from the army's actions like every other city should have, He Jin city prospered. The ironic thing was that Meng Xiu Feng recognised some of the people he had met while acting on behalf of the Society of Heavens in He Jin city, and we eventually rented one of the inns that he ran.

Since we were going to take over the city and make it our base, there was no need to be excessive and slaughter or oppress everyone. We needed them to work for us and forcing people was not going to make them loyal subordinates. We left about thirty people at each gate to ensure that nobody enters or leaves the city until we are finished making sure that everyone is subservient and had everyone gather in the inn.

The person that Meng Xiu Feng recognised and let us stays in his inn is Ming Li, and he owns several small businesses in the city. Right now, inside the inn's VIP room, there are only 3 of us here and we are having a private conversation.

"Ming Li, can you tell me what happened when the army came?" Meng Xiu Feng asked curiously.

"Meng Dao, this young man is?" Ming Li looks at me and asks politely so that he will not offend us, but this shows his cautiousness when dealing with strangers.

"Ah, forgive my forgetfulness! This is my grandson, Shang Shi. He is setting up a sect and I am here to help him take over this city so that he can use it as a base. There's no need to worry, while he is not part of the society, you can treat him as one of us." Meng Xiu Feng said politely and assures Ming Li that everything he says here will be in confidence.

"Ah, it is nice to meet you Sect Master Shang! Do pardon me if my actions are rude since I have never met a sect master before and do not know the proper etiquette on how to greet them." Ming Li greets me politely.

"It's fine, there is no need to be so formal since there is only the three of us here. Please, tell us about what happened when the army arrived and why He Jin city is so prosperous right now." I cut to the topic immediately.

"Well, I will tell you everything that I know. When the army first arrived, they did not do anything besides head towards the Ling family estate aside from placing a curfew on the city and locking the city gates. The next day, however, they started killing everyone who has offended the Ling family or was their competitor. Some people protested, but the army just said that they were rebels and if they were going to protest anymore, they too would be killed under the suspicions of being rebels."

"While these people immediately stopped protesting, they too were later killed as well. All the properties and businesses they had was confiscated and given to the Ling family. Since the Ling family already controlled the entire city by then, they made a statement and said that everyone is to give them ten per cent of their profits from now on. They said that it was because the prosperity of He Jin city is due to them, and everyone should give them a cut of the profits."

"I am only a small business owner and I dare not voice any of my opinions. There were also several members of the society who were killed, but this was due to their actions. They had drawn attention to themselves with their boisterous actions and blew their cover." Meng Li explained what had happened in He Jin city ever since the army came.

"Ling family...Are they related to General Ling?" I mutter to myself but Meng Li caught my soft mutters.

"Yes, one reason why they dare to act like this in He Jin city is because General Ling is part of their family." Meng Li said while he nodded at me as if applauding me for being smart.

"General Ling...General Ling...It looks like enemies do indeed walk on a narrow path." I look at Meng Xiu Feng with a smile.

Just as we are about to end the conversation, a loud shout from outside is heard.

"I am a messenger from the glorious Ling family! Come out and welcome me this instant!" a man's voice echoes throughout the inn. It was clear that he used qi to amplify his voice before shouting, or we would not hear it so clearly.

Meng Xiu Feng looks at me and says, "I know what you are thinking of, but if you do it, you will never be able to solve the hatred between you and the Ling family."

I walk towards the door and pause slightly before saying, "There has never been anything but hatred between me and the Ling family."

Meng Xiu Feng sighs softly and tells Ming Li, "You should stay in this room and leave quietly later. You should not be seen with us during this period of time."

As Meng Xiu Feng and I are walking downstairs, my men had already started beating the messenger up. Meng Xiu Feng looks at me with a wry smile and said, "It looks like you will not have to do much to offend the Ling family."

Once we reach the first floor, my men notice our arrival and greet us loudly, "Master! You can let us deal with this messenger!"

"Why are you beating up the messenger? Do you not know that it's rude to beat a messenger up?" I asked curiously.

"Master, this fat man started calling us beggars and told us to scram!" one of the warriors yelled out.

"Oh, just slap him a few more times and bring him here then." I said nonchalantly.

"You, how dare you tell your men to slap me! Do you not know wh-" The man yelled loudly but before he could finish his sentence, he was slapped.

I head to a table and sit down with Meng Xiu Feng and say, "Don't kill him, but keep slapping him until he knows his place and crawls to me."

*PAK* *PAK* *PAK*

At first, he kept on yelling but after a few more slaps, he stopped making noises and tried to leave, but was slapped a few more times before he realized that he was not allowed to leave and had to crawl to me or he will continue getting slapped.

I laughed a bit inside since I did not say that he was not allowed to leave, but this works too I guess.

Once he crawled up to me, he dared not sit up or stand up but said, "I have a message from the patriarch of the Ling family..."

He looked around to see if he would get beaten anymore before continuing to say, "The patriarch of the Ling family wants to know what you are doing in the city."

"He also wants you to give an explanation for wiping out the city defence force, and is willing to let you leave the city peacefully if you head to the Ling family estate and pay your respects right now..." he looks around fearfully after finishing telling us the message.

I look around at everyone gathered on the first floor and ask, "Is everyone rested up?"

"Yes, master! We have rested and is ready to carry out our orders!" everyone shouts loudly together.

I look at the messenger and smile.

"This is my answer." I stretch out my hand slowly and grab his head. I then use a bit of strength and twist his head, killing him instantly.

"Let's go." I said as I walk out of the inn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 5.2K 149
In her past life, Su Meng married Wei Ting, thinking that she could eventually win his heart with tolerance and flattery. For this, she tried to flat...
2.2M 84.6K 200
Sia Wright and her family gets murdered by the people whom she never thought would go that far to kill her and her family. But before her death she...
54K 4.5K 200
Yasenia is a child born different from the rest, her mother, Tatyana, used an ancient technique she found to absorb the world's energy to get pregnan...
38.1K 1.6K 144
The young man Ye Tian obtains the ability to copy the talents of others and now fights against the heavens to change his fate. He struggles to surviv...