The Girl Next Door (DISCONTIN...

By deeheexo

Hunter Evans, the popular guy in school, the captain of the soccer team, the guy which girls would die to eve... More

The Girl Next Door
Don't call me babe
Heads down, thumbs up
A wimp, huh?
Ekka virgin
Busted
Room 558
Marco Polo
Unexpected Understanding

Buddy

2.1K 60 12
By deeheexo

A/N Hey people! #Hammy wrote this chapter with some of my help. 

So, yeah...Wednesday will be our updating day but sometimes it may be earlier...Like today :) Please comment and let us know what you think so far...Good? Bad? How can we approve? Vote if you liked it! :)

Enjoy! #Eyebrows 

Amber’s POV

I was dancing around my room listening to ‘Up All Night’ by One Direction, yeah, yeah, I know One Direction. But their songs are really catchy and let’s face it, they are really hot and don’t even get me started on their accents.

I looked out my window and saw Hunter at his window looking at me and laughing. I turned around the other way.

Great, he saw me.

Not that it mattered, it’s not like we talk anymore. But I still can’t help but blush which makes it more embarrassing for me.

I turned back to face Hunter and saw him looking down at something, kind of like he was writing. He held up piece of paper saying ‘I like your moves’ I laughed and rolled my eyes.

I found a piece of paper and wrote “thanks”, he smiled and started writing again.

He held up the paper again which said ‘We don’t talk much anymore’ whilst pouting. 

I sighed and started to write again.  ‘That’s your choice’

He started to write again. ‘I know, are you coming tomorrow?”

‘Maybe’ I wrote. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go, I mean what if Julia was there? We don’t technically get along. I actually have no idea why though, it’s not like I did anything to her, or did I? I wasn’t sure.

‘I hope so” He wrote back which made me blush even more. He hopes so? Why would he hope so?

I smiled at him and walked my window and closed the curtin so that I could get ready to sleep, with out him watching.

 **

I woke up the next morning to my alarm clock playing ‘Shake it out’ by Florence and the machine.

“Ugh” I groaned. Today was the barbeque and I still hadn’t told my parents. I stumble down the stairs craving coffee when the strong scent hit me.

“Mm” I moaned. I’m more or less a coffee addict.

“Morning Amber.” My mum greeted.

“Morning Amber.” My dad greeted, as well.

“Morning Mum, Moring Dad,” I greeted back “Coffee?” I asked.

“In the machine” My mum replied.

“Thanks.” I poured myself a cappuccino with two sugars just the way I liked it and sat down at the counter in my kitchen whilst letting the warm liquid flow down my throat leaving a tingling sensation. “Yum,” I said. “Oh by the way, Hunter came over last night when you were out-“

“Hunter came over?” My mum sounded surprised.

“I’m just as surprised as you are mum, but yeah he did, with Jesse, and they invited us to a barbeque today at 2pm.” I said taking a sip from my mug.

“He hasn’t been here in years.” My dad said sipping his coffee.

“His doing, not mine.” I said back coldly.

“I guess, so do you want to go?” My mum asked.

“Maybe, I want to see Jai.” I replied.

“Okay, well we’ve got some shopping to do so we should be back before two, okay?” My mum told me.

“Yeah okay, I’ll see you then.” I answered.

“Bye, Amber” My parents said as they closed the door.

Hmm, I’m home alone for 4 hours what to do, what to do? Dance party! I ran upstairs and grabbed my iPod and the dock for it and plugged it in. I turned it up as loud as it would go and started to get dressed while dancing.

In truth I fell about five times whilst trying to get dressed and dance at the same time. I came back down stairs and continued to dancing.

I turned around to face the door as I felt a presence in the room and saw of all people leaning against the door frame smiling his gorgeous smile was indeed, Hunter Evans. His hair was messy but perfect, his eyes brown and hypnotizing. How did he get in here? No idea.

“Why are you here Hunter?” I asked a bit too harshly. But then again, he is the one who chose that bloody Barbie doll Julia over his best friend. So he pretty much brought it on himself.

“I saw your folks leave and I thought you might want some company.” He shrugged, with again that gorgeous smile. Damn it Amber Moore, focus!

“Well that’s thoughtful of you, but I’m fine, you can leave.” I said back motioning towards the door.

“Oh come on, Ambi Bambi, please? We can do whatever you want, just like when we were 10.” He said pouting.

Okay that did it. Not only did he just call me that name that only he used when we were friends, but coming here and thinking everything could go back to normal? No, I don’t think so. I wanted to kick him were the sun don’t shine.

I. Was. Angry.

“First of all, you can’t call me that, you lost that privilege a long time ago when you picked that barbie looking bimbo over your best friend,” I replied back coldly. “And secondly, do you really think everything can go back to normal just like that? Did you really think that you coming here today would make everything better?” I said with tears threatening to spill out. “Tomorrow, at school you’ll be with Julia and act like I’m not even there, because you know, you have to please the queen bee! You’ve been doing this for 6 years, why stop now?” I questioned feeling a lump grow in my throat.

“Look I was 10 and she was my girlfriend, my first girlfriend. I was stupid and didn’t know what I was doing-”

“Don’t even try to defend yourself Hunter, just go.” I said, as a warm tear ran down my cheek.

“Amber, please don’t cry.” He said taking a step closer to me. I put my hand up to stop him.

“Hunter, just go please. I cried enough when you said that you couldn’t be my friend anymore because that bloody bimbo didn’t want you too, so don’t make it worse because I know I’ll be getting déjà vu.” I swallowed hard, trying not to loose it.

“Hey, she is not a bimbo and-“

“Hunter, I don’t care, just leave.” I said pleading now as another warm tear ran down my cheek.

This boy caused so much of my pain over the past six years and now he is just reopening old wounds by standing here and talking to me like nothing was wrong.

“Fine I’ll go, but just one thing, are you still coming to the barbeque?” He asked placing his hands in his pockets.

“I never said I was.” I replied not making eye contact with him.

“Oh, okay,” He said walking towards the front door. He looked back at me with a sadden look. "Bye, Amber." He said and went out the front door. As soon as it was closed I ran upstairs to my room, closed my eyes and just cried.

He had no idea how much I missed him, how much I wanted to laugh with him, and how much I just wanted to hug him again. But as long as that Barbie-looking-bimbo-acing-bitch was around that was not going to happen.

Hunter’s POV

I walked out of Amber’s house feeling like shit. I didn’t realise how much hurt I caused her all those years. I mean it killed me as well, just not talking to her but the hurt on her face when I called her ‘Ambi Bambi’ was indescribable.

Wow, I never realised what and asshole I was until exactly 5 minutes ago. I hope she comes to the barbeque today, I wanted to see her again, her beautiful face, her long blond hair and her big brown eyes. God, I missed her.

**

It was almost 2pm which meant people would be arriving any minute now. I sat there hoping Amber would suddenly appear. But, nothing. No Amber yet. I hope she was still coming.

“Baby!” Julia ran to me and sat on my lap.

“Hey, beautiful.” I looked at her. He her long brown hair, not as long as Amber’s though. Her eyes so dreamy and green. She was perfect, except her personality, of course. I never called her ‘babe’ because to me it means pig considering the movie ‘Babe’ with the little pig. I laughed at all the girls who got overwhelmed when guys called them babe, when really they’re calling them pigs.

She leaned in and kissed me softly.

“Ewe.” Jai, my little brother said walking past. He didn’t like Julia at all really. He was seven years old with brown hair and eyes like mine.

“Go away, Jai.” I chuckled.

“Is Amber coming?” He asked reminding me that she was still not here.

“I don’t know, she-“ I started but was interrupted by Julia.

“She better not be.” Julia said tapping away on her phone.

“Hey, man.” Jesse said entering the room before I could respond to Julia. He walked up to Jai and messed his hair like he usually did. Jai laughed and pushed Jesse away playfully as he walked off.

I looked up and saw her. She was wearing a cute purple dress, showing off her long tanned legs.

Amber’s POV

I decided to go after some convincing of myself to go see Jai, Hunter’s little brother. I walked into the Evan’s house to see Julia placed on Hunter’s lap looking at me.

Oh please get over yourself, I thought. She reminded me of a cat, only evil.

“Why are you here Amber?” Julia asked sharply.  

“Well, I live next door, this is a neighbourhood barbeque and Hunter asked me to come.” I replied back trying not to punch her in the face. I didn’t actually come because Hunter asked me to; I only said that because I knew it would make her angry that he talked to me.

“Wow, Fascinating.” She said rolling her eyes.

“To you, how ice is made is probably fascinating.” I said back with a glare.

I could see Hunter holding back a laugh whereas Jesse burst out in laughter nearly falling to the floor.

“Hey Jesse, have you seen Jai?” I asked sweetly without making eye contact with Hunter even though Jai is his brother, but after the argument earlier today, I choose not to.

“You just missed him. He went in the backyard.” He replied with a soft laugh.

“Thanks, see ya Jesse, bye Barbie.” I said to Julia, and again, no good come back in return. I walked to the backyard smirking at her expression as I saw Jai talking to his mum.

“Jai!” I called. He turned with a smile and ran over to me and engulfed me in a big hug.

“Amber! I missed you.” He said.

“I missed you too buddy, How have you been?” I asked.

“Good, by the way, you are ten times better and nicer than Julia” He said I have to admit that put a smile on my face.

“Thanks buddy, I like me better too.” I said back.” So what do you wanna do?”

“Play Mario Kart with me?” He said with a cheeky smile.

“Okay, let’s go!” I said messing his hair.

The rest of the Barbeque I spent playing with Jai, eating, helping out with the cleaning and doing everything in my power to avoid Hunter and Julia for her benefit, because I may fly kick that Barbie right in her fake plastic boobs.

“Hey Amber can I ask you a favour?” Hunter’s mum Elaine asked me entering the room.

“Yeah, sure, what is it?” I asked smiling.

“Well, John and I are going on a business trip over the next few nights and for one of them Hunter has Soccer training for the finals. So, I was wondering if you could come spend the night here tomorrow? You know, just to keep Jai happy because Hunter is never really around as you may already know.”

“Yeah sure, that’d be fine.” I said with a hint of a smile.

“I’ll pay you, of course and-“

“No, no, that’s not necessary. I don’t mind looking after him.” I cut her off. That was ridiculous, no way would I take her money, she’s too kind hearted and I couldn’t do that.

“Well thank you; you really are a nice girl, Amber.” She said back smiling.

“No problem” I said smiling.

I’m only hoping that I’m asleep when Hunter gets back. I have no patience to deal with him anymore; he just causes me too much pain every time I see him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 525 19
Now death has come to claim your beatutiful remains Drugs Fights Reputation Andy Biersack is bad news. He's done so many drugs he can't keep track...
6.1K 424 27
Hunter Watson is just a normal 17 year old senior who just wants to finish the year unnoticed. When she moves to a new town and becomes the "New Girl...
187K 6.4K 110
The phone started to ring, I got in and then picked up thinking it was dad. "Hello daddy" I answered. "Oh you've never called me daddy before, I have...
20.5M 1.7K 5
[PREVIEW] In the bustling heart of London, Cara is a force to be reckoned with. A top law student, fiercely independent and driven, her eyes are set...