Elanore Enchantress

By OddHarlea

Macbeth Enchantress, right hand to Rowena Ravenclaw writes the spellbooks. Denying the request for dark magic... More

Elanore Miriam Enchantress
Slight Mishap
Creatures Loose in the City
Finally Caught
Catching the Occamy
The Obscurus and the Criminal
Sweet Goodbyes
Hello Jager

New York! New York!

8 0 0
By OddHarlea

     Elanore and Newt would continue to go on many adventures around the world. Meeting, collecting, and observing many creatures. Eventually they find, a thunderbird that was about to be taken by poachers. Luckily, they were able to save the thunderbird in time and heal it up. They had a new task once this bird was healed...bringing Frank home.

Elanore closes her eyes smiling as she smelled the salty sea air on the ship. The wind blows through her long, curly blonde hair. She looks back to Newt as he had his case in his lap. She walks over to him, wrapping her arms from behind him, and putting her head on his shoulder. "Smell the air Newt. We're in freedomland now," she says causing a laugh from Newt.

"Indeed...first stop is New York then, we'll be heading off to Arizona. Getting Frank home." she smiles sitting next to him on the bench.

"We'll be docking shortly I've heard. Please tell me that case of yours is shut tight."

"Yes, yes don't worry Pippet. I got it." Elanore sighs a bit and looks ahead as they pass the statue of liberty. They leave the ship as they dock and head for baggage claim.

"Next!" the man exclaims. Newt stands forward handing over both his and Elanore's passports.

"British, huh?"

"Yes," Newt answers.

"First trip to New York,"

"Yes." Elanore answers this time. He looks at them then at the case.

"One case for the both of you?"

"We pack rather light for this trip," Elanore spouts quickly but without suspicion. He nods slightly.

"Anything edible in there?"

"No."

"Livestock?" Newt and Elanore glance to each other some as the case flicks open. Newt quickly flips the click back in place.

"Must get that fixed..." he looks to the customs officer "Ahh, no." the officer appeared unconvinced looking at the both of them.

"Let me take a look." Newt places the case on the table, flicking it to 'muggle worthy' inspection. He spins it for the official who opens it up and looks inside. All he could see was a few of Newt and Elanore's belongings. The official shuts it and pushes it back to Newt. "Welcome to New York."

"Thank you," Newt says with Elanore bowing her head some as they walk past and into the city. Newt and Elanore walk down the streets with Elanore looking around curiously at everything.

Elanore as a child was a bit isolated as her mother, father, aunt, her sister, and herself lived in a house by itself in the middle of a vast forest. While this did affect Elanore's social skills it also made her love for animals show and brought on her abilities.

As they walk by they hear a woman shouting out drawing both of theirs attention. "This great city sparkles with the jewels of man's invention! Movie theaters, automobiles, the wireless, electric lights. All dazzle and between us!" Newt walks ahead to make their way to the front accidently bumping into a girl with a hot dog. She wore the hat over her head and kept her collar up.

"Oh...so sorry," Newt whispers to her as Elanore made her way through as well.

"Sorry," she says softly.

"But where is light there is shadow, friend. Something is stalking our city, wreaking destruction and then disappearing without a trace." Elanore frowns as she had a strange feeling. "We have to fight. Join us, the Second Salemers, in our fight!" Elanore scoffs a bit.

"Honestly, who spit in her mead," Newt chuckles lowly before someone trips over his case. He was a bit of a large man with dark brown hair, matching bushy mustache, wearing a professional suit, and had a VERY similar case to Newt's. Newt helps the man up as Elanore leans over.

"I'm so sorry...my case..."

"Are you alright sir?" he stands looking to the both of them.

"No harm done..." he gave a half smile before pushing his way up the stairs. The lady up there yelling looks to Elanore and Newt.

"You, friends! What drew you to our meeting today?"

"Oh..we were just passing through," Newt answers as Elanore nods in agreement.

"Are you seekers? Seekers after truth?"

"I'm more of a chaser, really?" Elanore smiles a bit as she puts a hand over her mouth to keep from laughing. The woman stares at them a bit before looking to the crowd. "Hear my words and heed my warning. And laugh if you dare: Witches live among us!" Elanore and Newt look to each other. "We have to fight together for the sake of our children...for the sake of tomorrow!" she looks back at Newt and Elanore. "What do you say to that, friends?"

"Uhmm..." Elanore was about to answer but her eyes shift as she sees Niffler's paw reach out taking a hobo's change. She nudges Newt making him turn his head to her and she ushers to the sight.

"Excuse us." Newt speaks quickly as they run quickly up the stairs following the little Niffler running into the bank. They rush in and looks around frantically. "Do you see him?" he whispers. Elanore shakes her head still looking.

"He's going to go after shiny items. I'll go over here," Newt nods walking in another direction. Elanore bends forward slightly as she looks closely at everything. "Niffler..." she whispers. "Niffler come ba-"

"Uhh...are you alright miss?" Elanore pulls her head up quickly seeing a bank clerk looking at her.

"Yes..." her british accent toppling out on the new yorker. "I just...dropped something," she smiles nervously. The woman walks away from her, making Elanore sigh in relief. She turns her head seeing Niffler crawl in someone's bag. Newt seemed to notice as well as they both book it to the bag. Niffler was faster however managing to have snuck out of the purse as both start to chase it around. As Elanore looked near some of the benches she hears the sound of coins. She stops going slow before quickly dropping down, looking under the bench to see the trickster niffler. "Ah ha! Come here..." she reaches out to him looking right at him. He seems to go for her before seeing the shiny collar of a dog on the bench over. "No...no!" she harshly whispers. She gets to her feet as Newt seemed to try the same attempt she did before Niffler scurried away. Newt and Elanore eventually meet around the center of the bank looking frantically. Elanore finally notices him on a trolley. "There!" she points out to Newt. The trolley goes into the elevator with Niffler taking coins into his patch. Both of them take a step to head that way.

"Hey, Mr. English guy!" they hear across the room. Newt turns his head as does Elanore seeing the man from earlier that tripped over the case. "I think your egg is hatching." Elanore goes wide eyed.

"It wasn't supposed to hatch for another week.." she whispers quietly. Newt looks frantically before pulling out his wand and pulling both the man and egg to them making all three disapparate.

They apparate in one of the bottom stairwells of the bank. Newt takes the egg from the man, holding his wand in his mouth. Elanore watches as they egg hatches revealing a baby creature that appeared as a blue snake with wings sprouting out. "Aww...so precious." Newt nods not being able to speak as both walk down the stairs. The man walks down looking immensely confused.

"Excuse me..." Elanore held the baby creature as Newt opens the case. He takes it back placing it gently back where it belongs.

"In you hop..." the man walks up behind them as Newt looks over to the vault. Elanore moves in front of the case starting to close it.

"Ah, ah..no. Everyone settle down," she says calmly but in a orderly voice. "Dougal, don't make me have to come in there." she shuts the case, clamping it shut. She looks up as Niffler squeezes itself through the vault doors.

"Absolutely not!" Newt points his wand at the door. "Alohomora." the vault doors began to spin as they unlock.

"Oh, so you're gonna STEAL the money, huh?" Elanore turns her head sharply seeing another older looking man. He presses a button setting off an alarm, Elanora quickly grabs her wand and turns it to him.

"Petrificus Totalus!" his whole body becomes a statue as he falls backwards.

"Mr. Bingley!" the man shouts.

"Kowalski..." Bingley calls the man. Elanore shifts her focus back to the vault, walking to Newt's side as it opens. Newt looks at him intently as Elanore puts her hands on her hips.

"Really?!" she says strictly as Niffler tries to stuff another gold bar in his overflowing pouch. Elanore steps up catching the Niffler. He looks up at her with pouty eyes, she sighs unaffected tipping upside down allowing all the contents in his pouch to spill out. As it seemed he was out, Elanore tickles the belly making more fall out till empty. Elanore holds Niffler close as guards come down the steps pulling out guns.

"Oh no...No...Don't shoot! Don't shoot!" Kowalski shouts holding up his arms. Newt grabs him as he and Elanore disapparate with him in tow. Apparating in the alley outside, Newt takes Niffler and opens his case putting him in as Kowalski leans against the wall in fear.

"For the last time, you pilfering pest," he says strictly looking in the case. "Paws off what doesn't belong to you!" he shuts the case and snaps the clamps.

"Was calling him a pilfering pest really necessary?"

"Not now...muggle," he ushers to Kowalski whispering. They turn to him. "I'm awfully sorry about all that."

"What the hell was that?!" Kowalski shouts.

"Nothing that need concern you," Elanore says before Newt interjects.

"Now unfortunately you have seen far too much, so if you wouldn't mind," he moves Kowalski slightly. "If you just stand there," he brushes off his shoulders. "This will be over in a jiffy." As Newt turns for his wand, Kowalski grabs his case and swings it hitting Newt in the head making him fall.

"Newt!" Elanore leans down to him. Kowalski makes a run for it.

"Sorry!" Elanore watches him looking back at Newt.

"Are you alright?" she helps him stands as he groans.

"Bugger!" Elanore sighs a bit relief. Newt grabs his case and they began walking as the young lady they bumped into approaches. She interloops her arm in Newt's as they start to walk pass nonchalant before forcibly being disapparated.

When Newt and Elanore touch ground they are in a cramp alleyway with the girl looking at them. "Who are you?" she asks immediately.

"I'm sorry?" Newt questions.

"Who are you?" she asks once more with more intent.

"I'm Newt Scamander and this is Pippet," he was careful to call her by her nickname knowing Elanore, hated her name and didn't need her last name known.

"What's that thing in your case?"

"It's my Niffler," Elanore answers. Newt squints looking at the girl.

"Er," he moves his finger to his lips. "You've got something on your..." she blushes a bit quickly wiping her mouth before returning her dismissive glare.

"Why in the name of Deliverance Dane did you let that thing loose?!"

"I didn't mean to!" Newt exclaims.

"If I may," Elanore interjects. "He's incorrigible, you see, anything shiny, he's all over the place."

"You didn't mean to?"

"No," they say shaking their heads. Tina sighs putting a hand to her forehead.

"You guys could NOT have chose a worse time to let that creature loose! We're in the middle of a situation here! I'm taking you in."

"You're taking us where?" She pulls out her identification card revealing to Newt and Elanore that she was a part of the magical government there. Elanore was able to read Tina in the name.

"Magical Congress of the United States of America." Both of them froze.

"So, you work for MACUSA?" Newt asks clearly nervous.

"What are you, some kind of investigator?" Elanore adds curiously.

"....Uh-huh..." she quickly puts her ID away. "Can you please tell me you guys took care of the No-Maj?" Newt and Elanore look to each confused then at her.

"The what?"

"The No-Maj! No-magic! The non-wizard!" Elanore giggles a bit.

"Forgive us, we call them Muggles," she explains.

"You wiped his memory, right? The No-Maj with the case?"

"Um..." Newt bites his cheek a bit.

"That's a Section 3A, Mr. Scamander and... 'Pippet'. I'm taking you both in." Tina grabs their arms and disapparates with them.

Newt and Elanore are forced down a street as Tina kept them going. "Come on." she orders.

"Er...sorry but," he looks to Elanore. "We do have things to do actually."

"Well, you'll have to rearrange them. What are you doing in New York anyway?" Newt looked dumbfounded for an answer.

"We came for uhh...birthday shopping." she answers hastingly.

"Couldn't you have done that in London?" Tina takes them outside the Woolworth Building.

"No, there's only one breeder of Appaloosa Puffskeins in the world and he lives in New York," Newt elaborates.

"So, no." Elanore shortens. Tina guides the two to a side door with a guard. She leans to the guard and mutters something out of earshot for them. He reaches over opening the door. Before walking in she looks at them.

"Hey. By the way, we closed that guy down a year ago. We don't allow the breeding of magical creatures in New York." Elanore frowns a bit as they walk into the building revealing the headquarters for MACUSA. It was huge with witches and wizards all around with some house elves or goblins scattered around. They walk past a meter that detected magical exposure threat level. Elanore eyes stay on it as it read 'Severe: Unexplained'. Tina guides them to an elevator with a goblin bellboy looking up at them.

"Hey, Goldstein." he says to her.

"Hey, Red." Tina shoves Newt in first and reaches back to Elanore. Elanore holds her hand up, walking into the elevator herself. Tina steps in. "Major Investigation Department.

"I thought you was-"

"Major Investigation Department!" Tina was quick to interrupt him. "I got a section 3A." Red looks hesitant but pushes a button sending the elevator off. Elanore looks over to Newt a bit worried and he appeared the same. After the elevator stops Tina takes Newt by the arm leading him out first and ushering Elanore to follow close behind. They walk into a room where a meeting appeared to be going on. A tall lady dressed in fine clothes and appeared important turns to them looking quite disdained.

"I made your position here quite clear, Miss Goldstein."

"Yes, Madam President..." Tina's voice changed to a more terrified one. "But I-"

"You are no longer an Auror."

"No, Madam President, but-"

"Goldstein." Tina takes in a breath before continuing.

"There's been a minor incident-"

"Well, this office is currently concerned with very major incidents." Tina cast her eyes down. Elanore looks at her feeling sorry for her even if she wasn't the best to them so far. "Get out."

"Yes ma'am." Tina quickly pulls them away as she was clearly embarrassed. She pulls them back into the elevator. Red looks at her as she gave a slight nod and he pushes a button. Elanore looks to Tina.

"Is she always like that?" Tina glances over but looks down quickly.

"She's the president. Can't talk back or defy her. You don't do it to your minister." Elanore looks down as the ride continues in silence. Once it stops they follow Tina into a cramped room. Newt ducks as to not be hit by the sign classifying this as a 'Wand Permit Office'. Tina finally removes her hat showing the short dark brown hair she had. "So, you both got your wand permits? All foreigners have to have them in New York."

"I made a postal application for us weeks ago." Newt answers. Elanore looks at him knowing he was lying. Tina looks down, writing something on the clipboard.

"Scamander...and you were just in Equatorial Guinea."

"Yes, we've completed a year in the field. Both of us are writing a book about magical creatures."

"Like...an extermination guide."

"No." Elanore is quick to jump in. "As a guide to help people understand why we should be protecting these creatures instead of killing them."

"GOLDSTEIN!" Tina quickly jumps going under her desk. "Where is she? Where is she?" Elanore and Newt look over seeing a man walking over. "GOLDSTEIN!" he marches over past Newt and Elanore right to the desk. "Goldstein!" Tina slowly pokes her head out before standing carefully. "Did you just butt in on the Investigative Team again?" Tina opens her mouth to speak. "Where've you been?"

"What?" Tina frowns. The man looks at Newt and Elanore.

"Where'd she pick you two up?"

"Us?" Newt and Elanore say at the same time. When they look to Tina she was desperately shaking her head. Elanore looks to Newt as the three seem to have a silent conversation. The man turns back to Tina.

"Have you been tracking them Second Salemers again?"

"Of course not sir." Another man this one looking much more menacing then the other peers around the corner.

"Afternoon, Mr. Graves, sir!" the man bows a bit to the one called Graves.

"Afternoon, ah...Abernathy," Graves greets. Elanore looks up at Graves as they catch eyes. Graves stares at her for a moment. Elanore felt strange looking in his eyes as she felt her mind start to almost tingle as if someone was prying in. "And, who might you be?" he turns to Elanore. She opens her mouth loss for words as she was about to answer.

"Mr. Graves, sir!" Tina interjects quickly. "This is Mr. Scamander and...Pippet." Graves doesn't pay attention staring intently at Elanore.

"Pippet? Is that your name?"

"Y-Yes sir..." Elanore answers. She curses herself for stuttering but she didn't know of who was really in her head.

"Sir, these two have a crazy creature they keep in that case of Mr. Scamander's. It got out and caused mayhem in the bank, sir." Graves looked away to Tina then to Newt.

"Let's see the little guy." Tina smiles but Newt objects to this. Tina shoves him slightly as he reluctantly places the case on the table. He slowly undoes the clamps and opens the lid. Newt, Elanore, and Tina froze seeing the case full of pastries. Graves shakes his head sighing as Newt and Elanore look to each other. Graves left but his eyes went to Elanore as he seemed intrigued then disappears.

"What happened?" Tina asks frantically.

"The muggle." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 209 25
A girl with a tortured past Trying to get back on her feet She has gifts Gifts people would kill for Someone has already tried They'll try again. You...
90.2K 1.7K 112
The Locke's were a very wealthy family with ties and connections to various other families including the Malfoys, Zabini's and Greengrass's. After he...
183K 5.7K 76
Sasha James is a Death Eater. When she meets Severus Snape her whole world changes. She is looking for her birth family and discovers that she's not...
471 94 68
Jane Blackwell has only ever had her neglectful Mother and hateful Step Father. What happens when they die in a fire and Jane is shoved into a world...