Dreaming of a Redhead

By Nycnewsgirl

โsay you'll see me again even if it's just in your wildest dreamโž She thought her dream about a redhead was o... More

The Red Head
Dinner and a Show
Chance of A Lifetime
A New City
Coffee
So's the Bronxs
Wake Up Call
Early Bird
Twinsies
By, Bry, or Shook?
Broadway.Com
Love Tringle?
Cyberbully
Polaroids
The Love of Skateboarding
Five Minutes
Tall Order
Over Board
A Stupid Mistake
Promises
Stuck Like Glue
Memories
Rebel
Better When I'm Dancing
Love Star?
Saturday Night
Rain
Love at First Sight
Blue and Red
Puppy Love
Here We Go Again
Planning
The Big Day
Epilogue

Pancakes

356 13 13
By Nycnewsgirl

Brooklyn's POV

"How could you!" I yelled as the tears started to form in my eyes.

"I don't know!" Sky yelled back.

"How can you not know when you're the one who's causing this problem!" I yelled back.

"I just don't feel that way about-"

"And here I was thinking that you actually cared about me," I cut off. 

"I did at one point," he defended.

"But not anymore?" I asked quietly. When he didn't answer I felt my heart shatter again. "How many times are you going to break my heart?" I asked shakily. 

"Maybe you shouldn't believe everything a guy says to you," he replied seriously. "That's always been your biggest weakness Brooklyn. You believe everything people say, and you take it way too seriously."

"That's easy to say when you have no idea what I've been through!" I yelled back. "You don't even know the half of it." the tears fell down my face, and I felt my whole body go numb. But I could care less at the moment. 

"I think we're done here," Sky said before waking away.

Sky's POV

"Brooklyn!" I yelled while shaking her awake. 

"Sky, don't leave," she said in her sleep. "please don't go."

"Brooklyn wake up!" I yelled while shaking her a bit harder. It was sometime in the middle of the night when I heard my name being called. When I asked what the only response I got was "don't leave me". I wasn't sure what was happening at the moment, all I knew was that I had to wake Brook up. So far nothing was working. Every time I said something she'd yell something strange back. It was like her brain was taking the words I was saying and turning it into something else. 

I continued to shake her awake while calling her name over and over again. It went on like that to what seemed like forever until Brook finally woke up with a loud gasp before her breathing quickened. I reached over to turn on the lamp. When there was a click sound Brook seemed to pop up, before looking around the room. 

"Hey, it's ok," I whispered while slipping a hand onto her cheek. 

"Sky?" she asked quietly.

"Yeah babe?" I asked with a small smile. Tears started to fall down Brook's face before she hugged me tightly. I of course wrapped my arms around her, with one hand on her back and the other stroking her head. I rocked her back and fourth while whispering soothing things in her ear. I could feel the tears run down her face and onto my neck, and her warm breath as she took smalls gaps every few seconds. Brook's body shook as she tensed up with every passing second. I wasn't sure what was going on, but whatever was going on it sure shook her up good.

"Sky?" Brooklyn asked quietly after a long silence.

"Yeah?" I asked while looking down at her.

"You wouldn't cheat on me again, would you?" 

"I already made the mistake of losing you once." I lifted up her head so I could look her in the eyes as I said, "I'm not making that mistake again. I love you too much to hurt you like that."

"And I love you too," she replied quietly while sniffing her nose. I wiped away her tears as the smallest smile appeared on her face. "Sky, if I were to tell you something insane, would you think I'm weird?" 

"It depends on how insane it is," I replied.

"I'm serious," she said. "I've never told anyone this, not even Nick. And I've wanted to talk about this since it happened, but.....everyone would think I'm crazy." by the sound of her voice I can tell she's being serious. This isn't a joke or some game she's playing. It's real.

"You can tell me anything," I replied. 

Brooklyn took a deep breath before saying, "You know how I have to take pills everyday?" I nodded. "Well, last year I forgot to take them, and I don't remember what happened cause my mind it....do you ever get a weird dream that feels so real that you think it's actually happening?"

"Yeah...I guess," I replied in a unsure tone. 

"Well....that happened to me," Brooklyn said quietly while looking down. Ok, now I'm getting worried. Where could this possibly be going? "Let's just say I was dreaming of a redhead."

It took me a few moments to process what Brooklyn had just said. But when I did all I said was "What?"

"The crazy part is that....this was before we even met."

"What happened?" I asked while pulling her closer.

Brooklyn sighed before saying, "Well, try and stay with me. I got casted in the tour, and we started talking and hanging out more, and we dated for a little bit. But then this Tiffany girl came along, note that in my dream she was your crazy ex-girlfriend. Number 5 to be correct, and I was believe it or not 11. Anyways, I got mad at you because you knew she would be there, and when I was going to tell you that I didn't care that I was girlfriend 11 cause I love you, I saw you kissing Tiffany. Cue the drama shit where I go on a break up phase. I dyed my hair black with blue streaks, I started wearing darker clothes and had this really cold attitude. You always tried to make it right, I wouldn't listen, and whenever we saw each other you were either making out with Tiff or we were fighting. I met some kid named Chase and we started hanging out and Ben and Josh got in the middle of it. They made up this plan for us to talk, but that went out the door, then they made up another one by saying that you were watching Wren and she wanted me to go and we got back together and it was good for awhile but then.....I over heard you and tiffany talking about some big secret and that was the last straw. I went back home and.....I over dosed cause I couldn't take shit anymore and...when I met you got real I couldn't believe it. You know the rest from there. But when we broke up that's why I was so mean to you. I was also mad at myself cause at the time I thought that dream meant I should've stayed away from you. Now we're back together and.....I'm scared that I'm going to lose you to some other girl again....." Brooklyn buried her head in the nook of my neck as she hugged me tighter than before. 

"That actually happened to you?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah," she replied with a sniff. "It's been killing me not telling anybody for as long as I have."

"So, I guess you'd say I really am the man of your dreams."

Brooklyn laughed as she looked back up at me with a small smile on her face. "Since when are you a man?" she asked. I only shrugged before pressing a small kiss to her lips, when I pulled back her blue eyes were in a wave of shock. "You're not creeped out by this?" she asked.

"Not really, seeing as I had a crush on you before we met," I admitted while brushing my nose on hers.

"What're you talking about?" she asked quietly.

"Remember when you told me you were in a Time Square ad?" when she nodded I said, "Well, before the tour, I was walking around with Ben and Josh, we were enjoying the last few days in New York when the ad came on. And well...when I saw a blue eyed beauty I may have gotten a small crush on her. But I knew I'd never get to met her, so I pushed it aside. But, years later I found out who the blue eyed beauty was. And fell more in love than ever," I admitted.

"I love you too," Brook whispered before hugging me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug. I could smell the vanilla on her soft skin and smooth skin. I just wanted to hold her in my arms as long as I could.

"Let's get some sleep," I said. Brooklyn nodded before laying back down on the bed. I turned off the lamp before laying down next to Brooklyn, who snuggled right up to me. She quickly feel back a sleep and I felt some relief. It took me awhile to fall back asleep because I was busy thinking about everything she just told me. I can't believe that actually happened to her, and I was actually in it. 

That's when everything started to make sense. Why Brook was a little stand offish with me, and during the break up why she was colder than ice. I already knew Brooklyn was a complicated girl, with her anxiety, depression and a few health problems. But now that I know all that it changes everything. I still love her so much. Maybe more than ever, which I didn't think was possible. She's been through so much, and her smile is still as bright as ever.

Brooklyn's POV

When I rolled over to the other side of the bed and put my hand down all I could feel was the mattress. "Sky?" I asked quietly. When there was no answer I slowly opened my eyes to see that he wasn't there anymore. I looked around the room and saw that nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Note that I just woke up and my brain still couldn't process anything.

Until I head a loud crash come form the kitchen.

Which got me out of bed quicker than usual. I opened the door and stopped to see that it was none other than my lovely boyfriend standing I front of a brining pan.

"Having a little trouble Baby Belle?" I asked as I started walking over to him.

"I must be dreaming cause you're actually out of bed," he joked with a smirk. Speaking of dreams, I still can't believe I told him about that crazy dream I had about him. But, it was driving me crazy not telling anyone. It actually feels good letting it out. I'm surprised that Sky doesn't think I'm crazy or anything.

"What're you making anyways?" I Asked while looking over his shoulder.

"Pancakes," he admitted shyly.

"Well, they're looking more like coal to me," I replied with a small laugh. "I'll help you make a new batch," I said. I quickly kissed his cheek before going to get the eggs and milk for the fridge. I opened the fridge and grabbed what was needed. When I walked back over to Sky the black pancakes were in the trash and he was getting clean bowls and mixing spoons.

"Sky we need to go grocery shopping," I said as I set the eggs and milk on the counter.

"And it's laundry day," he said with a sigh.

"And don't forget we've got previews today," added while handing him a egg.

"It's a fine life," he said while looking at me with the smile I love so much.

A lot has happened in the past few months, when we got back together things moved slowly since we both didn't want to risk anything. But now we're in the perfect spot for our relationship. It took Sky a pretty long time to find the right apartment, I should know, he dragged me along for the ride. Until one day he flat out said he wanted me to approve of the place since we'd be living together. Which is exactly how he asked me to move in with him. I of course said yes and things couldn't be better. Nick moved in with Dylan btw.

It's a one floor apartment with a kitchen, living room, a bathroom and a few rooms. It's a cozy place and it didn't look like much when we moved in, but after some cleaning, decorating, and photo hanging it definitely felt like home. I especially love the bay window that looks over the city.

Anyways previews started for Mamma Mia and so far things are going great, and opening night is around the corner. Everyone in the cast is so much fun. Logan never came back though, and none other than my twin brother took his spot. So now I've got my two boys in the show, and I'm getting paid to kiss Sky. Ok it is in fort of people, but hey, I'm getting paid to be in a relationship with my boyfriend.

We continue to make pancakes, but there was a little flour fight. But nevertheless we made our breakfast before heading out to get the groceries and do the laundry. But there were a few bumps in the road.

"I'm getting the groceries and you're doing the laundry," I said firmly.

"I did the laundry last week, it's your turn now princess."

"But I also remember you forgot to get right toilet paper," I replied.

"How was I supposed to know which kind is the right kind," Sky asked loudly. Needless to say we fought about who was going to do what. In the end I was doing the shopping.
_______

"And that old lady kept talking my ear off," Sky complained as we walked hand in hand a park. I strayed laughing my head off. I don't know what it is but old ladies love talking Sky's ear off. "Thanks a lot Fun Size," he said sarcastically.

I was about to say something else when my the corner of my eye caught something. "Sky Look!" I yelled while pointing somewhere.

"What? What's wrong?!" He asked worriedly.

"C'mon!" I yelled while dragging him over to what I saw. Before long we got there and I stopped running, Sky kept asking what was wrong and all I said, "Dog Adoption Fair!"

"Brooklyn-"

"C'mon lets go see!" I yelled happily before grabbing his hand and started look at all the puppies. There were so many! They were all different colors, shapes and sizes, fluffy and smooth, shot haired and long haired. And all so cute!

It wasn't before long I laid my eyes on a mini dapple dachshund. It was so cute with its little black button eyes and little cute paws.

"Aren't you a little cutie," I said as I got a closer look at her - wait - yeah it's a girl. And she was so cute. Her little pink tongue started to lick my fingers when I went to pet her. "Sky!" I yelled while keeping my eyes on the most adorable puppy ever. Well one of the most adorable puppies ever. At my parent's house there are two dogs and they were so cute as puppies, yes their still cute but I miss them and that's probably why I love this little cutie so much.

"Yeah Brooklyn babe?" He asked while walking up to me.

"Look at how cute this pup is," I said while petting the her. "Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever saw?"

"Nah, you're cuter," he said before placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I think I'm in love with this little girly," I said while keeping my eyes on the puppy and ignored Sky's protests on how he was so much cuter than the puppy. "Sky?" I asked sweetly while looking at him.

"No," he replied.

"You don't even know what I was going to say," I replied.

"Yes I do," Sky replied while leaning down a bit. "And the answer is no. We are not adopting this puppy or any other animal other than a fish."

"Give me one good reason?" I said while crossing my arms.

"How about three," he said seriously. "Reason 1, A puppy is a lot of work. Reason 2, opening night is around the corner. And reason 3, we won't have anytime for a puppy."

"Sky-"

"Brooklyn," he said seriously.

"Good luck talking her out of taking this little one home," someone said. I turned around to see that a girl no older than me was feeding the puppies as she said, "Three couples came by today and the girl always wants to take one home. Love at first sight I like to call it. But then again no one can resist a puppy. Anyways the guy always says no and a they go home. But the guy always comes back a couple hours later to surprise his girl. And I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing you very soon Red."

"Might as well give up while you still can," I said while facing Sky again.

"Brooklyn, babe," he said while taking my hands into his. "You know we won't have anytime to take care of a dog."

"But the apparent is pet friendly," I argued.

"That may be true, but you know well be too busy to take care of her. By the time we get home we'll both be tried and puppies have a lot of-"

"Sky, just take one look at her and say you aren't head over heals for her."

"I'm head over heals for you Brooky," he replied. "C'mon, we better go to the theater. The show is gonna start in a couple hours." Sky then started to gently pull my away from the little puppy. I looked back and say the pups eyes were widen with sadness, I was pretty sad too. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.4K 1.6K 34
. หšโ—žโ™ก โƒ— โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿฉน *เณƒเผ„ โ†ณ โ when you're not fed love on a silver spoon you learn to like it off knives โž โ•ญโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ•ฐโ”€โžค โœŽ in which the spoiled, ...
187K 4.3K 66
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
71.5K 1.9K 17
i have nothing to say, my beautiful low resolution cover says it all
242K 37.4K 97
แ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€žแ€ฐแ€™แ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€ทแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€šแ€ฐแ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎ แ€Ÿแ€ฎแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€–แ€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€ซแ€ฅแ€ฎแ€ธ