Trio

By bellejewles

A Potter, a Granger-Weasley, and a Malfoy. Three unlikely friends that somehow made there way through all the... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17

10

480 9 0
By bellejewles

Rose

Rose woke up from the sound of clanking pots and pans. Grandma must be working on Christmas breakfast. She thought sleepily. Christmas... It's Christmas day! She immediately sat straight up on her sleeping bag and stretched. The other girls were already walking around the room, Lily was still sleeping. "Happy Christmas, Rose." They greeted lazily and yawning. "Happy Christmas." Rose greeted back to her cousins, then shooting Rose a look, Dominique asked, "Should we wake 'er up?" She asked quietly. Rose shook her head. "She'll come around." She said calmly and stood up and stretched her arms upward. "I can smell breakfast!" Lucy exclaimed enthusiastically. And indeed a smell of fresh pancakes were wafting through the half-open door and filling their nostrils. The smell made Lily jerk awake, and she stared around, "Is it Christmas already?" She asked frantically. The others chuckled at this and nodded.

Rose made to get her school stuff until realizing her father got everything and slumped. The five girls made their way downstairs, where the smell of pancakes grew ever stronger. And as they reached the kitchen, there was a full buffet of food greeting them at the table. The boys were already seated together, looking grumpy. "We've been waiting for half an hour. How long does it takes for girls to sleep." James asked groggily, rubbing his eyes. "We wanted a head-start but grandma insisted we wait for you." Louis added. "We needed our beauty rest." Lily snapped. Albus scoffed. "There are surprises waiting at the living room." Grandma Weasley said excitedly as the kids scrambled towards it.

The living room had been decorated overnight. An overlarge Christmas tree sat glittering with dancing fairy lights in the room, and stacks of grouped presents were under it. They scattered around, finding their pile. Albus found his immediately and began tearing paper apart. Rose found hers on the far left portion of the tree. She excitedly ran towards it. It was a large pile from each of her aunt's and uncle's, her parent's, and Scorpius. Her Aunt Roxanne and Uncle George's presents consists of a broomstick servicing kit (good one too, her last one was almost out of High-end Finishing Polish), while Uncle George gave her a small green pouch of what looked like tiny grains, a tiny note tied to the pouch said 'for Bubbles'.

Uncle Harry, Aunt Ginny, and Teddy gave her three different books about defense and quidditch, while Grandma made her the usual orange sweater that contrasted badly with her hair. It had a scarlet letter 'R' on the center. (She had requested she changed the color all the time, but Grandma kept forgetting).  She put it on, as well as her cousins, who were smiling as they delved deeper into their pile. Her aunt and uncle Bill and Fleur sent her gifts too. Bill got her a book on Magizoology, and Aunt Fleur sent her a bottle of 'Sleekeazy's Hair Potion." She chuckled as she remembered her aunt kept telling her to tame that 'orrible 'air. Her hair was rather curly and had an air of bushiness around it, but not nearly as much as her mum's, though she would never dare say that.

Her aunt and uncle Percy and Audrey sent her a large book called 'Prefect and Headship: How To Up Your Chances' with a note saying, 'for future use :)".  Teddy sent her a Sneakoscope, although she didn't know what to do with it. Then her parent's present, which was filled with Honeyduke's Best Chocolates, that Book she saw at a Muggle Bookstore once with her mum, a specialized eagle-feather quill with her initials carved onto it, and a glittering planner that changes colors everytime there was something due. There was also a Christmas Card, and a letter saying 'Happy Christmas', 'we're arriving later in the day, and to send their love to grandma. Then she opened the last present left, and it was unusually small and was covered in silver wrappings. Rose bent to pick it up and recognized it as Scorpius's present immediately. She and Albus got him a Sugar Quill and a green and silver scarf.

She carefully tore the wrappings and opened it and It was revealed to be a tiny box fit for jewelry. She opened it carefully and saw, laying on a layer of black velvet, a long, thin silver chain. Rose looked at it confusedly. How could Scorpius have sent her this? She put down the wrappings and took the string from the velvet, expecting to see a pendant, but there never was. It was a chain. Just a chain. She didn't understand, but part of her told her it was part of something big, and that she better keep it. So she put it tenderly back onto the box and pocketed it, feeling lightweight, and very happy. "Breakfast is ready!" Grandma Weasley called from the kitchen. They all ran towards it, craning for seats right beside their favorite food. "Careful now, you watch that glass Roxanne! It's a gift from your father!" Grandma Weasley shrieked as Roxanne nearly dropped a snow globe with a little deer statue inside it, the deer running around the dome that seemed to be snowing inside. Grandma Weasley looked fondly at it. "Sorry, grandma." Roxanne said apologetically as she took a seat beside Rose, she winked at her. "No matter. Now, Happy Christmas my dears!" She exclaimed happily, arms open wide. "Happy Christmas, Grandma!" They all greeted back in unison. Grandma Weasley gave a hearty chuckle as she said, "eat, eat. You'll need feeding up, you're all skin and bone!" She said at them as she smiled at the sight of them all together. She then levitated the Pancake sauce and let it magically flow through the pancake. They all scrambled to get their favorite food.

"Thanks a lot grandma." Albus said as he stuffed his mouth with cinnamon rolls. "Yeah, what we wouldn't do to have breakfast here everyday." James added dreamily as he spread his syrup over his pancake surface. Their pancakes had faces, their eyes from raisins and mouth with little blueberries while their hair was decorated with whipped cream. "I see you've used the whipped cream I told you about, Grandma." Rose said, examining hers. Grandma Weasley smiled and then laughed. "Liked 'em. The way these muggles work." She said. "Where is Grandad Weasley, Grandmama?" Dominique asked sweetly. "Oh, Domi dear, you're right! Where is that man. Arthur! Your grandchildren are calling you!" Grandma Weasley beckoned him. There was a commotion upstairs as Grandad Weasley, his square glasses out of place, was walking towards the kitchen in a lazy manner. "Coming, Molly dear." He said, but as he saw his grandchildren huddled and looking at him happily, he jerked awake. "Oh! Hello kids! Happy Christmas." He greeted them. "Happy Christmas, Grandad." They all replied. "Happy Christmas, Molly." He said nervously at Grandma, who looked stern. "Good morning, Arthur." She said in a tone full of humor as she kissed her husband on the cheeks.

"Let's eat, Grandad." Louis said, pointing at an available seat next to his. Grandad Weasley plopped down into it and patted him on the back. "Where are your parents? Where are the rest?" He asked, scanning the table. "They'll be arriving later in the day." Lucy replied, as she took a bite of grilled cheese. Grandad Weasley nodded as he took helpings of each of Grandma Weasley's delicious cooking. After the family finished eating they all sat down together on the living room, tummy's full, reminiscing on their childhood memories, which Grandma Weasley liked to call 'The New Age', not many knew what it meant but Rose had a hunch that it was the time when the war ended and years later they arrived in the world, giving light and love to their world. Grandma and Grandpa even once said how much the war had cost them; The Fallen Fifty, and their son Uncle Fred Sr. And how they wiped the sorrow from their hearts and gave them hope, therefore, 'The New Age'.

"Oh, I just loved how Domi used to catch one of the garden gnomes and dress them up!" Grandma said fondly, looking at her beautiful granddaughter, who smiled embarrassedly, her immaculate face a shade red. Rose admired Dominique. She's a girly girl no doubt, but she's a great example of 'looks could fool', because Dominique doesn't care how many boys follow her around school, she has the brains and even mentioned entering quidditch the next time there were tryouts. "I even remember the time a particularly large and grumpy gnome threatening to attack me, his teeth barred and poised to pounce. I thought it was the end of me, but luckily luck came, and a fallen tree branch was within my reach, I took it, quick as a cat! And sent that accursed gnome flying out 5 hills away!" He said impressed, chest out. The others looked at him in awe as Rose, Lily and Albus snorted. They were there at the scene of the crime, and it was James who ran towards the Burrow, tripping over a fallen branch as he did so, while the three of them took care of the angry gnome that James had actually taunted.

The reminiscing continued until a loud resounding crack was heard from outside the house. They all sat in silence for a second until someone announced, "Mum and Dad!" Every one bounced off from their seats, those from the floor getting up to greet their parents waiting outside the Burrows gates, Grandma and Grandpa rushing to greet them. "Mum! Dad!" Rose and Hugo chorused as they ran the length of the yard into their awaiting parents arms. "Happy Christmas. Did you get our present?" Mum said. "Loved them. Thanks for the nice Quill!" She said as they broke free. Hermione chuckled. "It was your father's idea. I gave you the planner." She said. "Oh." Rose said and turned to her dad. "Thanks, Dad! I loved it so much!" She said. Ron nodded and pulled her in for a hug. "No problem. As long as you promise Dad you won't use it during summer or holidays." He said. The little family giggled as Grandad approached them. "Hello there, Hermione! How's things at the Auror Office, son?" He asked Ron. Ron looked delighted. "Shift for Azkaban next month. Did you know Teddy's a junior already?" He said. Rose and Hugo looked over at Teddy Lupin, who was huddled together with the Potters. They rushed towards him. "You haven't told us a thing!" They said accusingly. "What thing?" Lily asked as she broke free from her father's hug. "He's a junior auror now, he is!" Hugo said, sounding impressed that he knew something that they didn't. The three Potter kids gaped as they looked at Teddy, awestruck. Teddy's cheeks grew red and he turned away.

They then turned to their parents. "Not a single word!?" James said, frowning. Harry scratched the back of his neck, "I wanted it to be a surprise for later, something for everyone to hear." He said nervously, turning to Ginny for support, Aunt Ginny however, looked at them and asked, "Who told you?" "Dad." Rose and Hugo chorused. Aunt Ginny rolled her eyes in a sarcastic kind of way and muttered something that sounded like, "Ronald!" They all made their way towards the warm house, where there was a cackling fire awaiting them. "'Appy Christmas, Rosé. Did you like ze gift I sent you?" Aunt Fleur asked sweetly, eyeing her bushy red locks that lacked combing from excitement over breakfast. Rose hastened to flatten it down and smiled. "Thanks, Aunty Fleur." She said. "Thanks for the book Uncle Bill." She added to her Uncle, who was escorting Fleur indoors. "Don't mention it. And I like your hair that way." He said and winked. Fleur scoffed and cupped Rose's face. "Oh, 'onestly, Bill, ze girl has such a Belle face, unfit for 'er 'ideous 'air!" She shrieked and fled indoors. Bill sighed and gave Rose an apologetic smile. "Uncle Charlie still in Romania then?" Rose asked him. "Afraid so." Uncle Bill answered casually, hands in his pockets. Rose could now see why Aunt Fleur admired him so much. His devil-may-care attitude and calm soothing, deep voice. And his long red hair swept back in a ponytail. Rose could only picture her Uncle in a Hogwarts Uniform, and it was hard to imagine him being once Head Boy. "Speaking of Charlie. He sent each of you this." He then reached into his pocket robes and took out a miniature dragon keychain. The dragon moved on her palms, like a little lizard emitting a roar-like sound. "Give him my thanks please." Rose said and Bill smiled, following his wife suite.

"Happy Christmas, Rose. I hope we find you well?" Uncle Percy asked smugly. "Thanks for the book Uncle Perce, and Aunt Audrey." She said thankfully at her uncle and his lovely wife that had always been kind to Rose. They both smiled and entered. "How's Bubbles, Rose?" Uncle George asked her. Rose smiled. "He's okay. He's back at Hogwarts, much to Albus's dismay. Olivia offered to watch him for me. She didn't get to go home. His dad had something coming up for Puddlemere." She explained. George raised his brows. "Not Oliver Wood's daughter?" He said. Rose chuckled. "She is. Mad Quidditch skills too." She replied. George gave a reminiscent laugh and entered the house, while Aunt Angelina began asking her opinions on the kit she sent her. "Loved it." Rose said fondly as the two of them made their way inside the house where Grandma Weasley insisted they all wear the sweater she made them, Percy grudgingly agreed just to stop his mother from beckoning him on.

The day went on happily. The Weasley clan all talked and ate and laughed around the house, making such a memorable Christmas day it was bad enough to leave. But they had too. Soon enough. And Rose dreaded it more as she was more closer to her family than she was in Hogwarts. Then her mind drifted off to the presents she received. Every one of them was great and she was happy about that, but it still didn't solve Scorpius's mysterious silver string, and she thought of him suddenly. Was he having a good time. She knew for a fact that he didn't call the Manor 'home', and whenever he brought this up with Albus and Rose, they either gave him looks of pity or say words of comfort because they couldn't work out what to say when it came to this. Albus and Rose absolutely wanted Scorpius to spend Christmas with them at the Burrow to experience real Christmas, but their families doesn't approve of the Malfoy's just yet as they were in League with Voldemort during the war days. Albus noticed her troubled looks and sat beside her, looking out the window. "Thinking about him?" He asked. Rose looked at him, and sighed. "Just wondering how he is. I don't really like the thought of him spending Christmas there." She said truthfully. Albus nodded and squeezed her hand. "He'll be fine. Serena's there." He assured, but Rose wasn't assured. "He sent me this." She said and unpocketed the box holding the mysterious silver string Scorpius gave her. Albus examined it with a puzzled look, and returned it back. "I don't even understand what it means." She said. Albus shook his head. "Nor do I." He admitted, and the two of them continued their deadpan stare out the snow slowly falling freely. Where a thousand miles away, their bestfriend was alone in an overlarge mansion without either of them to confide in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 5.4K 76
Rose Weasley has always been the top of her class. She got it from her mum, the pure determination to soak in all the information that she learned be...
15.7K 592 14
"we try staying up late but we both are light weights yeah we get off our face, too easy and we take jokes way too far 'cause sometimes living's too...
1.5K 7 33
(I know Scorlily isn't a common ship, but hear me out) He was a Malfoy. She was a Potter. As of recent, Scorpius and Lily were supposed to hate each...
88.9K 2K 52
As they enter their 5th year at Hogwarts, following their eventful fourth year (some events from the cursed child may be mentioned in the story brief...