GODDESS OF THE HUNT. ( 𝘣�...

By spidermandes

アルテミス 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ! the one where the girl who's been alone, meets a curly head... More

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐎𝐍𝐄. project zero four
𝐓𝐖𝐎. no one's alone
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. home sweet home
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. demons breath
𝐒𝐈𝐗. murphy's law
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. grease monkey
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. memory lane
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. transaction
𝐓𝐄𝐍. eye for an eye
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. unity day
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄. crocodile tears
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. john murphy isn't a virgin
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. john murphy acts like a virgin
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. barbecued grounders
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. a six foot tall asshole
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. mental relapse
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. dead man's death bed
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. a good cadet
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘. lover boy
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄. life isn't fair
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄. the huntsman
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎. nasty bloodsuckers
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. oh, ophelia
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. predator versus prey
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. you stay, i stay
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗. short fuse
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. pity party
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. on the sidelines
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. do better
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘. nothing is over
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄. orion, destined to love artemis

𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. artemis, that's you

11.3K 368 171
By spidermandes

✵  . ˚ ✺ . ・ *。 ✧ ˚ . ⊹ ☽
⌈ 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ⌋
  FOUR  —— artemis, that's you

˚ .・*。༄ NOAH DIDN'T LIKE THAT BELLAMY WAS BEING SO KIND TO HER, in fact, it was offputting to her. From all she'd seen that day, the most he cared about was being powerful, something he obviously wasn't on the Ark.

    Not that she cared about his backstory.

    Bellamy had set her up inside the tent of the girl who'd found a better bed beside some other girl in camp. He didn't care who slept with who, it left a perfectly good tent left open for Noah. Though there wasn't much to care for, Noah only having the clothes on her back, bow, and water canteen to do much with. And he stood at the flap of her tent, watching her stare with an empty gaze at her new accommodation's. "It's no A-class dorm on the Ark, but it's two away from mine and four down from Finn, so..."

    "I'm good." She grumbled.

    He nodded, already knowing he wasn't going to get much out of her for now. Her first impression was intimidating, he couldn't lie. But he'd now witnessed her crack down, tears form in her heartless eyes. "Try and get some sleep."

     Even he knew leaders needed compassion somewhere.

    Noah had found herself sticking with Bellamy's crew for the moment being. She didn't have the paitence to be anywhere near Clarke or Finn and his incessant questions, and everyone else were just teenagers given too much freedom. Bellamy was her best shot of not killing anyone.

    So she ended up just along the edge of camp, standing aside Murphy and Atom as they practiced target throwing with a tree and a poorly made scrap knife. And she could tell that just her gaze was making Murphy nervous as he continuously missed his target, or simply couldn't get the blade to hit the tree perfectly and stick it in.

    He groaned, trudging to pick his knife back up as if clanged off for the millionth time in a row. "That damn kid, messing with my head." He grumbled, tacking Jasper as his reason for failure, even though Noah could see the million posture issues, throwing tactics he'd messed up, and strength he simply lacked.

    Bellamy shook his head, "He's not gonna last much longer."

    "Better think of a new excuse." Noah quipped.

     Murphy tilted his head at her, offering his knife to her. "You wanna try, sweetheart?"

    She perked her brows, stepping up to his ground level, noticing that she was as tall — or maybe taller than him. "If I make it, will you stop calling me that?" She bet, snatching the knife, spinning it around her fingers a few times before flipping it in the air swiftly, getting her hand used to it's peculiar shape and size. It was definitely hand made, anyway.

    He scoffed. "Deal. Have fun."

    Bellamy chuckled. "You're such an idiot." He mumbled to himself as Murphy's oh-so-wrong attitude toward the female. Which was odd, since he'd obviously seen Noah in action with the panther. Why test her now? Toxic masculinity? Maybe.

    Noah trotted over to Bellamy, swiping his axe from his beltline, leaving the freckled face utterly confused. And she moved back to Murphy, lining up her feet with his, before taking four large steps backward, furthering herself from the tree. She knew she was mostly just showing off now, but why not have some fun with it? She sent a sickly sweet smile toward Murphy, hurling the axe at the tree, hitting it at a sideways angle, the hole in the middle of axe blade revealing a sweet spot on the tree. And with only a second to calculate, she twisted her body, doing a swift 360 before letting the knife slip out of her fingers.

    And without being able to follow with their eyes fast enough. The knife sure enough, was lodged perfectly in the slit in the axe blade, and wedged into the tree trunk. Noah rolled her shoulders and patted Murphy's shoulder. "You're right, that was fun."

     Bellamy covered his mouth with his hand as he tried to supress his laughter, his shoulders bouncing with joy. But it quickly faded as a small trio of more of Bellamy's crew appeared through the trees as Noah pulled both blade from the tree. "We searched a half-mile in all directions. No sign of Trina or Pascal."

     "Visit your special tree when you were out there?" Murphy snickered, confusing Noah for a second. Special tree?

       Bellamy covered his tracks, assuring no one who didn't need to know, didn't. A.k.a Noah Santiago, a.k.a, the only person in this entire camp that would actually scare Bellamy to his roots. "Atom took his punishment. Let it go."

     Atom shook it off, more important matters at hand. "Could be grounders."

     "Yeah, or they could be in pound town. Lot of that going around recently." He quipped again, referring to the rhyme to the reason. Noah twisted her face in disgust. Sure, she'd had sex before, but not on Earth. And she didn't perfer to either, too much dirt and rocks. Besides, Earth wasn't exactly the most romantic of planets. Whole lot of death going around as well.

    Atom rolled his eyes and stepped closer to Bellamy. "Look, Bellamy, people are scared, and that dying kid, he isn't helping morale around here."

    "Morale will go up when I find them more food."

    Noah smirked, knowing that very much meant her finding Bellamy more food to take credit for killing so people would actually believe he could help them survive.

    "And what do we say when they ask about Trina and Pascal?" One of the nameless stated.

    Bellamy, who was taking the axe from the oddly quiet Solo, answered swiftly. "For now? Nothing. It's possible they're just lost. We'll keep an eye out for them when we go hunting later."

    Murphy smirked and nodded with excitement. "Let's go kill something."

    "You're not going." He stopped Murphy from following. "I need you to stay here. If the grounders are circling, we can't leave this place unprotected."

    Murphy curled his face up, offended that little-miss-i'm-perfect was getting to go, but he was being out in time out and on look out duty.

   Noah walked beside Bellamy back into camp, their walk together radiating authority. Bellamy even felt a little bit stronger beside her, though maybe it was just the five inches he had on her, a little boost of confidence on his end. "Get your bow and whatever else you need. I'm not hunting without you."

    She smirked. "I'm flattered."

    He rolled his eyes. Obviously the Noah he saw just last night, the slightly broken and wounded one, was very much gone. "Yeah. no one else here has hunted a day in their life. You seem to know a thing or two."

    "You liked my knife trick, just say it, Blake. I also accept kissing my boots and medals of honor." She snarked, catching his light chuckle.

     He shook his head and heading off in his own direction and hers to her tent. "Don't catch an ego, Artemis." He quipped back, making her head twist in confusion.

    "Who?"

    he smiled. "Goddess of the hunt. Had a bow and everything. All you're missing is the cute little toga outfit."

    And with that, Bellamy disappeared into the dropship with a subtle wink and a smirk, leaving her to her own devices. She hummed, wondering how long it had taken the boy to think of that one. And she even caught herself smiling at the thought of him preparing that for her. Just to get under her skin.

    She also found herself liking the nickname.

˚ .・*。༄ NOAH HAD SENT THE TEAM IN TWO DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS, surrounding the only boar she'd seen in an hour. Each and every hunter seemed to heed her every order, watching in awe as she worked diligently with what she had, which was lousy footprints and noises they were almost summing up to imagintation.

    But the boar was there, in all it's dirty glory.

    Bellamy hovered behind Noah, his axe raised as her bow was cocked on her arm. She held it at a sideways angle, waiting for the perfect chance to slug the animal somewhere where it wouldn't be a pain to pull her arrow from. Eye, maybe.

    In the moment of utter silence, a twig snapped, sending the boar squelaing and bolting off in the west. Noah yelped, shouting out orders to jump it. She could've make the shot, but if she even slightly missed, she could hit a hunter. The boys hollared as they sprinted off for the animal, leaving Noah to swirl around with her arrow milliseconds from firing.

    Of course she'd wait for a target before she fired, though Bellamy didn't seem to care, hurtling his axe at the noise, the blade digging into a tree next to the head of a very frightened little girl.

    "Who the hell are you?"

    Her hands gripped her sleeves tightly as she met Noah's harsh glare, the solo very slowly disarming her bow. "Charlotte."

   "I almost killed you. Why aren't you back at camp?" The Blake questioned, pulling his axe from the tree.

    The girl shrugged. "Well, with that guy who was dying... I just... I couldn't take it anymore."

    Noah sent death glares into the girl. Now, Noah had never liked kids, ever. They were tiny freeloaders, lousy workers, and always wanted to blame something else for their issues. "If you ever, mess up my shot again, I'll have an arrow with your name on it." She snarled. that hunting trip was the first time since three days ago that Noah had felt any sense of calm. Her past 72 hours had been complete hell, and now, a nagging twelve year old made her miss her shot at a meal.

     "Noah, ease up. Look, if you're gonna be out here, you're gonna help."

     Noah shot a glare at Bellamy for reprimanding her for being realistic. Maybe a bit harsh, but come on, there were killers in the trees with pin point accuracy and no time for mercy, Noah's threats were the least of anyone's worries. 

     "But you can't hunt without a weapon." Bellamy smiled gently, pulling a small blade from his belt, and handing it over gently. "You ever kill something before?"

     The little girl shook her head.

     Bellamy shrugged. "Who knows? Maybe you'll be good at it."

And in no time, Bellamy, Noah, and Charlotte were hiking and weaving through trees, praying for another hint at a living creature. The hunting party had spread out, covering more ground with a bit of hints from Noah on what to follow and what to listen for. They weren't pros, but they would have to do for now.

She was a little surprised by their willingness to listen to someone they'd met less than two hours prior. Though, maybe when the task is life or death, your pretty trusting for whoever can get you the best information.

Charlotte was off ahead, her head craning back and forth for movement and prints, just as Bellamy had instructed, letting the two older survivors trail behind. And Bellamy was the first to speak.

"You seem pissed. What'd I do now?"

She kept a hard stare ahead of them, and a firm grip on the curve of her bow. "You brought a toddler into the grounder infested woods. Might as well have brought Wells and his spectacular aim along."

He furrowed his brows. "She's not a toddler. She seems to be doing fine. What's your deal with her?"

"She's a kid. Kids do dumb things. Dumb things get everyone else killed. I — don't want to be killed." She explained as easily as she could.

He sighed. "Give her a chance, at least."

"Like you did with Atom?"

Bellamy craned his head at the girl. "What?"

Noah shrugged, obviously not stupid or oblivious to the treatment the boy had been getting. The cold shoulders and abrupt answers. "What'd dumb thing he do?"

Bellamy sighed, giving up on even attempting to hide anything from Noah. The girl seemed to wiggle her ways into the things Bellamy thought he had tied down and secure. For one, his teenage hormones. Second, his confidence. And thirdly, his leadership style. Noah had a sick talent of making you feel utterly tiny next to her. Like you had no chance of comparing to her.

And he knew he didn't. He was an ex - gaurd that committed murder to try and protect someone that didn't want his protecting.

Meanwhile, Noah was here on a confidential mission from the council of the ark to provide hope for the next generation of the human race. Expertly trained in survival and combat, an unlimited survival guide engrained in her head and an agenda to complete.

"Thought he could try and get into my sisters pants and get away with it." He answered lowly. "I hung em' from a tree. I said no one touches her, and he was the one to try it. Atom needed to learn."

Noah nodded slowly. "Who's calling who harsh?"

And Bellamy felt a smile curl into his lips unexpectedly. It was a common occurrence around the Santiago. She was oddly humorous when she had her moments. Her knack to turn the worst into dark humor made him giggle. "Guess you're right."

And he felt her turn her head, so he followed suit and met her gaze in the middle, seeing the soft coffee color that swirled in her eyes. "What?"

"Tell me about artemis." Noah hummed, looking back to the groin and around her, pretending to focus on hunting, while she waited intently for his reply.

He cheesed. "You like that? Goddess of the hunt, wilderness, and animal. Daughter of Zeus and Leto, sister to Apollo."

She shook her head. "Who are they?"

He turned to her in ridicule. "Seriously?"

"They don't teach mumbo jumbo in solo training, Blake." She mocked, bouncing her bow string up and down to create the unique bass noise that echoed from it.

He smiled softly. "Right right, Solo. So Zeus, he's the big guy. god of the sky, ruled all of the other gods and such. Lightening. But kind of a terrible dude. And Leto, bride of Zeus and goddess of motherhood. She was big with the kids." He explained, obviously nerding out at the odd moment.

But Noah was listening intently, like a kid watching t.v.

"So they had twins, Artemis and Apollo. Apollo, the younger brother, god of light and prophecy. He also had a thing for music. he's pretty popular, I think. And Artemis, that's you, was the older sister. She wasn't people person, probably lesbian, and thought animals were sacred. She killed anyone who killed within her grove."

Noah nodded, eyes gleaming with knowledge.

"That's it. I don't remember much else. But uh, she had a bow. so you and her, you guys match." He gestured a hand to Noah's bow with a geeky smile.

Who knew that the big bad Bellamy Blake was totally a history buff. And a good one at that.

"I like her."

Bellamy smirked. "Me too."

AUTHOR SPEAKS!
—— some cute lil history
nerd bellamy moments. cuz
he would be. and noah is
not being an ass, which is
nice of her.

there was more to this
chapter but it would've
ended up being >4000
so i'm saving it for
next chapter.

spread love
- spidermandes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 1.6K 25
❝ Hell isn't where you go when you die. It's what you become when everything you love has been taken away. ❞ [ sequel to 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 ] [ t...
95.1K 1.6K 41
BOOK 1 OF ?? "Get down. Get down!" Finn said to all of us while we all hide behind a huge rock. We kept hearing noises around the forest like people...
87.6K 3.3K 44
𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐌𝐀𝐍 | ❛ the little bit he learned about outer space is it's gotta destroy before it creates! ❜ or, in which they are two sides of th...
236K 8.6K 36
in which gabriella and ninety-nine other kids get labeled as disposable and end up on earth struggling to survive ─ she has to balance leading the de...