Take A Walk (A Hunter Hayes F...

By Nethii120700

❝I'll take a walk, clear my thoughts, move along, no questions asked. Take whatever's left of me, and leave y... More

Take A Walk (A Hunter Hayes Fanfiction, Book 5 of The Hardships Saga)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four

Chapter Fifty-Eight

79 3 3
By Nethii120700

*define need*

It was a slow day for Jordan Casper.

He'd messaged Robin, but gotten no response. He didn't even care if they were going to hook up or not- he just wanted to hang out with someone. And Robin was... well, an amazing friend, and a beautiful person. He was kidding himself. He just wanted to hang out with her.

He heard a knock on his door. "Coming," he called, setting down his book and walking to the front door to answer it.

Before he could even get a word in, though, he was being kissed, being pushed up against a wall and being kissed aggressively. There were hands on his chest, frantically unbuttoning his shirt, and he managed to pull away slightly. "Robbie?"

"Need-" she muttered, not responding to him, and kissing him again. Instinctively, he kissed her back, but something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

"Robbie, honey, slow-" he tried to say, but she hushed him with another kiss, pushing his shirt off his shoulders and kissing at his neck.

"Please," she breathed, pulling him to the couch and kissing him passionately. "Need this. Need you."

"Robin, calm down," he said as sternly as he could with her sitting on his lap and her shirt off and his mind in other places. "You're not making sense, what's going on?"

"Nothing, I just- please, f*ck, I just- please-" she whimpered before letting out a broken sob. "Please."

"Darling, slow down," he breathed softly, and her face crumpled.

"Just- give me this- give me something real. Give me you."

"I can't do that. I'm worried about you." He pulled away from her. "Sit down, love. I'll get you something to drink."

She shook in his arms, sobbing into his chest. "P-Please... p-please be something... something real. Something normal. I want this, I want- p-please..."

"Robbie, I'm here, baby. Breathe." He kissed the top of her head, holding her close to him and trying to ease her tension. "I'm here. I'm here."

With those repeated words, Robin slowly stopped sobbing. She went from outward sobbing, to crying, to silent tears, then soft hiccups as Jordan kept rubbing her back, letting her cry. He knew there was no point in trying to tell her not to cry, but he hated seeing her so upset. But at least he was there for her. At least he was there, stroking her hair and breathing soft comforts to her.

Eventually, she had calmed down a little, and Jordan pulled away slightly. "Alright, darling," he said gently. "What happened?"

"Spence- Spence's friend, his name is Oliver- he tried to-" She broke off into fresh sobs, and Jordan hushed her gently, stroking her hair. "He- he tried to jump off the school roof, and Spence saved him but- now they're in the hospital- f*ck, f*ck-" She whimpered, then began crying again. "I should've seen it coming, I should've looked after Oli better-"

"It's not your responsibility," said Jordan gently, though he was shaking slightly. "It's horrible, it is, but it wasn't your fault."

"I just wish- I love that kid, I wish I'd noticed something earlier..." She kept crying, and Jordan leaned around to grab her shirt, and helped her pull it back on.

"You like earl grey, right?" he asked softly, and she nodded, still crying. "Alright. I'm gonna make you a cup of tea, then we're gonna go to the hospital together."

"I can't go see him, it's- it's all my fault-"

"Robin," he said quietly, forcing her to look at him. "Honey, this wasn't your fault. You need to be strong for Spencer and for Oliver, too. Can you do that for me?"

She looked up at him, then nodded silently. "O-Okay."

<><><><><><><><>

Ryan ran into the room and immediately hugged Spencer as tightly as she could. "You're so reckless," she whispered. "Just like me. I'm so proud of you, my little lark."

"Ma," he breathed, before closing his eyes, simply enveloping himself in her for a moment. He needed this. Needed something real. "Thank you. I'm so glad you're here."

Hunter stood behind her with a small smile on his face, and Red stood beside him. She was twelve now, and beautiful, with her long, flowing golden hair, and her bright blue eyes. She looked concerned, and signed to him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, kid," he said softly, looking back at the hospital bed where Oliver was lying, fast asleep. "Just tired."

"What you did was really brave. Mama told me."

"It wasn't brave," muttered Spencer, looking away. "It was just... the only thing I could do."

"You did so well," whispered Hunter, hugging him as well. "I know how hard it was for you. I'm so proud of you."

"We both are," said Ryan softly. "Now, have you eaten today?"

Spencer thought for a moment. "Funny you should ask. No, I haven't yet."

"You seem calm."

"Guess I am calm." Spencer looked back at Oliver, looking somewhat numb. "I dunno if I have time to be anything but calm."

"Do you want-"

"I don't want anything, thank you, Ma." Spencer's voice was incredibly even and soft. "Just go and talk to Harper. She hasn't stopped crying, and I don't know how to comfort her. Red, maybe you should talk to Pippi, too. She's been shaken up by the whole thing. If you don't mind, buy them dinner. I don't know if they can even pay these hospital bills."

"We'll find some way to help them," said Hunter. "I'll play some charity relief concerts or something."

"Don't stress yourself out over other people's matters," chided Ryan gently. "Now, let's go talk to Harper, calm her and Pippi down a little."

They left the room, and Spencer looked back at Oliver. He was fast asleep, his tousled brown hair falling over his face and his lips slightly pursed. His freckles were so cute. He was so cute. But Spencer had never hated anyone more.

No, that was a lie.

He hated himself.

Spencer hadn't seen this coming. Or maybe he had, but he was so focused on pretending, hoping, praying and denying that this would happen, that he had missed it. He had nearly lost his best friend. His only friend. The only person who made him feel... like this. It didn't matter what else happened. He was to blame for this. If he had paid more attention, or if he'd been a better friend to him, then maybe Oliver wouldn't have done it.

He heard footsteps behind him, and Spencer turned around. "Haven't you f*cked with me enough these past few weeks?" he snarled.

"I come in peace, asshole," snapped Sally. "I thought we were friends."

"We're not."

"Oh, so this- this Oliver kid, he replaces me all the time now?" she asked angrily. "He tried to kill himself. He doesn't want you."

"You're a liar," growled Spencer. "Piss off."

"Or what?" She scowled at him. "You can't get rid of me."

"Well I can sure as hell try."

"Spence?"

Spencer's neck whipped around again, and there he was. Oliver, with his honey brown eyes, was awake. "Oh... Spence, I didn't realise-"

"Shut up. I'm busy," he said brusquely.

Oliver looked down, and his eyes filled with tears. "Spence, please don't do this."

"I trusted you, damn it!" he yelled suddenly. "You- I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't do anything, because what if the next time I turn around again, you're gone?!"

"It was a moment of weakness."

"A moment?!"

"More than a moment. It was me. I was weak." Oliver's voice was so frail. "I'm so sorry... that you had to see that side of me."

"What if you'd died? What would I have done then?" he whispered, beginning to really cry for the first time since his ordeal. "I- I didn't realise and it's all my fault that you're here-"

"No, it's not," said Oliver firmly. "Spence, I did my best to hide it from you. Clearly, it worked. This wasn't your fault. This was my fault."

"But-"

"No buts. I want to talk to you about something first."

Spencer swallowed nervously, and Sally rolled her eyes, tapping her foot. "We're waiting, dickshit," she said, and Spencer glanced at her, then back at Oliver.

"Well?" he asked tersely. "What is it?"

Oliver looked hesitant, before saying, "It's about something I mentioned on the roof."

"What?"

"Well... about Sally."

Sally froze, and so did Spencer. "I heard you talking to her that day when we were on the bus. I wasn't really asleep for the first half of that trip. I heard you talking to a girl named Sally."

"Oliver, I-"

"Don't say anything. I just wanted to confirm something." Oliver tilted his head slightly, and Spencer was beginning to shake. "Who is she, Spence?"

"She's... she used to be a friend of mine," said Spencer, feeling Sally's eyes burning into him. "But now... she just voices my insecurities. Makes me feel worse about myself."

Oliver was silent, then said, "She's here, isn't she?"

Sally's mouth dropped open, and Spencer sighed. "Yeah. She's here."

"How long... have you known her?"

"Since kindergarten. She was... my only friend. She's why Ian and stuff started bullying me, other than when they realised I was gay."

"And your parents?"

"Don't approve. For obvious reasons."

"Were they concerned about it at all?"

He laughed slightly. "They sent me to a psychologist about it. They... assumed it was because of the car accident. All that time I spent alone in the hospital in pain, I just... all I had was her."

"Oh Spencer," said Oliver gently. "You don't need an imaginary friend anymore."

Spencer was breathing hard, crying again. "Shut up. Shut the hell up."

"You don't need her anymore," he repeated. "You have me. I'll be your friend. And I won't just voice your insecurities. I'll be there for you every step of the way. I promise."

"I can't get rid of her," he sobbed. "She never leaves. All she does is stand beside me and make everything worse- I'm so sorry, Oli, you don't deserve a friend who's f*cked in the head-"

"You're not f*cked in the head. And even if you are, so what? I'm plenty f*cked in the head. Hell, they put me in hospital for it."

"You can't get rid of me," whispered Sally, so close to his ear that he shivered. "You know you can't. You've tried."

"I have Oli now," he whispered back, and Oliver nodded. Even though he couldn't see her, Oliver seemed to be looking directly at her.

"I've fought my own demons, and we won because we were together," said Oliver softly. "Now, we can fight together. She's your demon. And you can fight her."

"He's talking bullshit, he can't do anything except jump off a cliff to make everyone else happy!" said Sally with a laugh. "See, Spencer? He's just using you."

"No." Spencer looked up at her. "You're the one using me."

"He's right," said Oliver.

"F*ck you! You can't even see me or hear me!" Sally growled, and suddenly, Spencer was gripped with fear.

"You don't need to be afraid anymore, Spence," said Oliver softly. "I have you, and you have me."

"I don't need you anymore!" yelled Spencer, beginning to cry again. "I don't need you! Leave me alone!"

And as Oliver leaned forward and hugged him, and they both cried, Spencer realised that Sally was gone. Maybe, this time... for good.

<><><><><><><><>

Phoenix and Ebony were sitting with Drew, who was twisting his hands anxiously. "Today's been so wild," said Drew with a quiet laugh. "Spent my whole day at the recruitment centre, and Ellie's been calling me nonstop. I think she needs to tell me something, but she won't tell me what."

"I'm so worried. Poor Spencer..." Ebony trailed off, deep in thought.

"He hasn't left Oliver's side." Phoenix sighed deeply. "He's in love with him, isn't he?"

"I mean, I couldn't tell you for sure, but I'd say yeah, probably." Drew shrugged. "He's young. He has time."

"Did I miss much?"

All three looked up, seeing Elle standing there. She looked gaunt and exhausted, but she was smiling. Her baby bump was getting bigger and bigger. "Ellie, I told you not to-" started Drew, but she shook her head.

"Look, if I'm in a hospital, what's the worst that can happen? If something goes wrong, I'm already here. Besides... I wanted to see Oli."

"Guess that's why we're all here, huh?" asked Ebony with a small chuckle. "How's the baby?"

"She's coming along strong. Just like her father."

"You're way stronger than me, you know that," said Drew airily, his hand brushing against her stomach. "How are you feeling?"

"I know the situation is bad, but... something happened today."

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you later. This isn't the time. But we don't need to worry about finding a job anymore."

"What?!"

"I told you, not the time or the place. I promise I'll tell you later."

Drew nodded slowly, then kissed her forehead. "You seem better."

"Not loads, but a bit. Sle- ahem, staying with you this morning helped, I think. A good distraction."

"Fair enough."

Phoenix heard footsteps again, and looked up, seeing his little sister and a tall, dark-skinned man with her. Robin's eyes were red, and the man with her, around Phoenix's age, seemed to have an arm around her waist, comforting her. "Hey. How are they?"

"Haven't seen them yet, said Ebony, before standing. "Hey, don't believe we've met," she said to the man.

Drew stood. This man was by no means short, but Drew towered over him anyway. "Interesting that I should get to meet you like this," said Drew dangerously. "And with Robin, too?"

"Hey, I don't want to start any trouble, not here," said the man, holding his hands up in surrender. "I'm here to support her. I love her."

"You-!"

"Drew, don't."

The weak voice was one he wasn't used to hearing from Robin. She began to cry again, burying her face in the man's shirt. He rubbed her back, before kissing the top of her head. "Hon, maybe you should stay with your siblings," he said gently, before pushing her closer to Drew. She hugged Drew tightly, sobbing.

"This was my fault, I should've been there for them both-"

"Oh, Robbie, you know none of it was your fault, right?" asked Drew gently, and slowly, they all gathered around in a big group hug. "We all feel responsible in one way or another. I guess that's the nature of stuff like this."

The man looked at Phoenix, then reached out his hand. "I'm Jordan Casper."

"Pleasure." Phoenix shook his hand, and quirked an eyebrow. "Are you Robin's...?"

Jordan hesitated. "Ex-tutor, and now friend," he responded. "Nothing more."

Elle narrowed her eyes, before gently pulling Robin away from the situation, holding her close. "Let's go to the bathroom, kiddo. Wash your face off a little."

Drew bit his lip, glaring at Jordan, and Phoenix felt like he was missing something. When Elle and Robin disappeared, he stared daggers at Jordan. "Listen here, f*ckboy-"

"I love her as much as you do, don't you dare give me that." Jordan sounded dangerous, maybe even more dangerous than Drew.

"You're a f*cking dick, and you used her as your rebound. Why is she hanging out with you again?"

"Wait, this is the f*cker who slept with her and made her afraid to have a boyfriend all these years?" asked Phoenix in shock. Jordan lowered his eyes.

"I messed up. But I love her."

"You've got some nerve-"

"Boys," interrupted Ebony angrily. "This isn't the time. Robin's clearly upset, leave her be. You can argue later."

Drew narrowed his eyes at Jordan, who just looked guilty. "Could you go check on her, please?" he asked Ebony. "I'm... worried about her."

"No need, Elle's got her."

As they chatted, they heard footsteps again, and saw Hunter and Ryan approaching. Phoenix strode up to them quickly.

"Ma, Pa, how's Oliver?"

"Oliver's okay. Spencer... I'm not so sure." Ryan sounded agitated.

"We all need to be there for them both." Hunter straightened his shoulders. "Ready, everyone?"

*a/n: yeet

nethii <3*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 83 38
hay guys this is a sumellika ff . it's completely imaginary so don't compare with real .
139K 4.9K 40
how will work the two strangers tied unexpectedly.
670K 20.1K 40
***COMPLETE*** Book #2 in the hookup series - MUST READ THE FIRST BOOK in order for this one to make any sort of sense. "Keep doing that and I'll be...
4.6K 360 34
Eliza is just a small town girl with big time dreams. When a life changing chance is given to her she has to decide if she is ready to live her dream...