Steven Universe x Male Gem Re...

By Mecha_Fenix

Long before the great war that happened on earth between the crystal gems and homeworld, an experiment was ma... More

Info
Prologue: The ultimate warrior
Chapter 1: The bad guy
Chapter 2: The arrival
What this history could have been
New Teaser!
Chapter 3: Opposites
Chapter 4: Helping an angel
Chapter 5: Revenge
Chapter 6: Inspiration and decision
Chapter 7: Incoming danger
Chapter 8: The end?
Let's talk for a second
Chapter 9: Trial and punishment
Chapter 10: Thousands of years later
Chapter 11: Returning to Earth
Chapter 12: Earth...
Chapter 13: There is no plan
Chapter 14: Adapting

The infernal gem (teaser)

42.8K 492 883
By Mecha_Fenix

(no ones POV)

Screams! The sound of screams and explosions was heard from all sides around a base of crystal gems! An unknown gem of unknown origin was attacking the base, shattering any gem that dared to stand in its way! Wherever this unknown gem walked a sea of flame followed him, burning everything around him. Unlike the other gems of homeworld, it had a masculine aspect, being the first male gender gem to ever exist. Rose Quartz knew that her base was being attacked and that the gems that were defending the base were being destroyed one by one, but Pearl was preventing her from leaving.

(Pearl)

(Rose)

Rose: Pearl, let me go! They need me!

Pearl: I can't let you do that! The enemy doesn't know that you are here! I know this is horrible, but if you come out now you will expose yourself and we will not have a chance to escape. We have to honor the sacrifice of the others and escape through the underground tunnels now!

Rose: Pearl... I'm sorry!

Pearl: Wait! What?

Rose pushed Pearl to the entrance of the tunnels and quickly sealed the entrance before she could try to stop her again. Then, Rose ran out of the base, completely ignoring Pearl's screams that begged her to stop. Rose left the base that connected to a forest directly in the exterior. But when she left the base, her eyes could not see the horror that what was in front of her. The whole forest had been reduced to ashes. There were fragments of shattered gems all over the ground along with skeletons of animals that lived in the forest. Rose covered her mouth in horror and tears escaped from her eyes.

Rose: This... This is horrible.

???: I think this is quite appropriate.

Rose directed her gaze in the direction from which the voice came and saw a figure of a man with a face like a skull covered in flames.

(This is how you look when you have your powers activated)

(Your gem its in your back and it change colors to orange when you activate your powers)

This fire creature walked peacefully towards Rose. Each step that this new type of gem took, he stepped on a fragment of the gems that had previously fought without showing any kind of interest for them. This act of cruelty to life caused Rose to start getting angry.

Rose: You... You are the one who did this! Who are you?!

Onyx: My name is Onyx, I am a new type of gem created by yellow diamond as an elite warrior. And if you allow me to say something, this is what happens when inferior gems defy the will of diamonds.

That comment made Rose even more angry and she throw a punch straight to Onyx face. The fire gem was pushed back by the force of the punch, but he recovered quickly and stopped a few meters from Rose, surprising her with his strength and endurance to pain. Onyx charged against Rose and he jumped in the air, giving the leader of the crystal gems a headbutt directly to her forehead. Rose was dragged by the force of the impact but she quickly recovered in the same way as Onyx and stopped her march backwards. Rose held her forehead in pain as she extinguished the few flames that had fallen on her during Onyx attack.

Onyx: Do you really think you can beat me? I hate to fight against those who are not at my level!

Rose walked angrily towards Onyx and stopped in front of him. Then, she gave him a powerful headbutt that actually put him on his knees. Rose, once again, once again head-butted the infernal gem, causing Onyx to hit his face against the ground. Rose stepped back a bit as her opponent removed his head from the ground. Onyx recovered once again and he had an expression of surprise on his face.

Onyx: Wow! That was awesome! Since my five hundred years of existence nobody had hit me with such force! I can finally have fun with this boring job! Hahahaha! 

Rose: How can you be happy with this?! Don't you realize all the gems you've destroyed?! Of all the lives you've taken?!

Onyx: That's what my diamond created me for! My purpose of being is to eliminate any gem that dares to disobey the orders of diamonds! In other words, traitors! But let's leave the unnecessary chatter and go straight to the show!

Onyx's fists were covered in fire and he began to repeatedly attack Rose throwing punches. Rose kept a solid guard, blocking most Onyx attacks with her forearms. One of Onyx's punches managed to connect directly to Rose's stomach, but she recovered quickly and hit Onyx with an uppercut on his jaw, sending him flying away. Onyx crashed like a meteor over the earth and caused a small explosion in the place where he landed. Onyx let out a battle cry and a wave of flames began to surround the place where he was. Rose jumped in the air really high and she was quickly descending to the place where Onyx was. Rose threw a punch at Onyx, but he dodge it doing a small side jump to the left. Rose's punch hit the ground, creating a small crater and generating a shock wave that extinguished all the fire in the area thanks to the wind pressure. Onyx threw a flaming punch at Rose to counterattack. But before Onyx's attack could get in touch with Rose, she disappeared in a blink of an eye.

Onyx: You are pretty fast for someone of your size. But...

Onyx turned and in an instant he began to block multiple attacks from Rose. She was trying to take the infernal gem by surprise with an attack on his weak spot, but her opponent turned out to be stronger than she wanted.

Onyx: I am even faster! Hahahaha!

The flames around Onyx's body grew even bigger and he tackled Rose, dragging her while he was flying above the ground like a meteor.

Onyx continued pushing Rose more and more, until both of them hit one of the outer walls of the base of the crystal gems. Rose was buried in the wall and Onyx took this opportunity to attack her. Onyx started hitting Rose repeatedly with punching flames. But to the surprise of the infernal gem, Rose managed to recover and give Onyx a fatal punch in his gut. Onyx was sent through the sky by Rose's attack, but he quickly recovered and landed doing some backflips. Then, Rose drew her sword from her gem and summoned her shield, changing her combat tactics for this battle.

Onyx: Nice sword! Wanna see my sword?

Onyx reached for his back and he drew a fire sword from the gem on his back. He held his sword in front of him firmly with both hands.

Onyx: Now this is a katana!

The flames of Onyx's body grew once again and he charged against Rose with the speed of a shooting star. Rose barely duck at right moment to avoid being decapitated by the Onyx's fire sword. Rose swung her sword at Onyx in an attempt to attack him now that his guard was down. But Onyx used his superior speed to evade Rose's attack and move quickly around her in circles like a tornado. Rose carefully followed Onyx's movements with her eyes, she knew that her opponent was a threat that she would have to defeat here and now or else the infernal gem would annihilate more of her friends. Onyx tried to attack Rose from behind with his sword, but Rose quickly turned around and blocked the attack with her shield. Both fighters then disappeared and reappeared in different places clashing swords. It could be hear Onyx's laughter as the fight between him and Rose destroyed even more the forest turned to ashes. Both fighters reappeared clashing swords repeatedly and creating powerful shock waves with each one of their attacks. Rose and Onyx clashed their swords one last time, both applying more force in their attack to overwhelm their opponent.

Onyx: Tell me, Rose quartz, why did you start a rebellion against the diamonds?

Rose: Huh?

Onyx: You are the first opponent that entertains me so much in a fight. That's why I would like to know your reason for fighting with such a vigor. 

Both fighters took a step backward but focusing their gaze on their enemy, not wanting to leave an opening for their opponent to take advantage of.

Onyx: Well? 

Rose: I fight to protect everything you have destroyed today. I fight to protect the life of this planet. But above all, I fight for the freedom that this planet represents for all life. Have you never wanted to do more than what you are ordered to do? Have you never wanted to travel to other places? See things because you want to see them and not because they ordered to do it?

Onyx: Hmm... I can't say that I fully understand your reason to fight. But let me tell you something, I will not see you again as someone who is below my level. And if it makes you feel better... it doesn't make me really happy what I did to the gems that were outside this temple.

Rose: That means you're learning from the values of life.

Onyx: Maybe... But for now, let's continue with our duel.

The battle between Rose Quartz and Onyx continued for many hours. It was a duel to death whose intensity left the temple of crystal gems completely reduced to rubbles. But, all combat comes to an end...

In the distance, both fighters were on the rubble of the former temple of crystal gems. Both Onyx and Rose had multiple wounds on their bodies. Onyx was taking deep breaths while using his sword that was stabbed in the ground to support his weight. Onyx's flames were in a really small size because of the lack of energy on his body. Rose quartz was not in better condition than his opponent. She was on her knees while trying to recover from her injuries. But suddenly, a light began to come out of Rose's gem.

Rose: No! Not now!

Onyx: H-Huh?

(Spoiler alert)

The light became so intense, to the point that Onyx had to cover his eyes to protect himself from the brightness. When the light died, Onyx removed his arm from his face and what he saw impacted him to the gem. Rose quartz... turned into pink diamond.

Onyx: H-How?! No, It can not be! This is a trick! You just shapeshifted to try to confuse me!

Pink: When a gem is in the state in which I am, she is unable to shapeshift until she recovers her energy. Even we, the diamonds, are not an exception.

Onyx: N-No...

Onyx dropped his sword and he fell on his knees. The flames of his head changed from their natural color to a light blue color. He couldn't believe what he had just seen and an existential crisis began to happen inside his head.

Onyx: But if you are a diamond then... Then that means that all the gems that I destroyed were innocent! They were just following your orders! They never disobeyed the diamonds because they were already obeying a diamond! But that means... that the only traitor here... is me.

Pink: What? What do you mean?

Onyx: I not only destroyed some gems that were following orders, but I also tried to destroy one of the diamonds! 

Onyx looked at his sword that was stabbed in the ground and he lifted it with the few strengths that he had left. 

Onyx: There's only one thing I can do to pay for the crimes of my betrayal... I must shatter my own gem.

Pink: What?!

Before Onyx could commit suicide, Pink slapped his sword from his hands, stopping the infernal gem just in time.

Pink: Stop! Destroying yourself is not the solution!

Onyx: B-But... I don't know what to do anymore. I can't obey my orders because I would be contradicting them at the same time.

The flames of Onyx's body died out in an instant, revealing his true appearance.

(Your skin is completely white, your hair is black as coal, and you have amber eyes. The appearance of the MC is like this because of the perspective of the gems of Steven Universe)

Onyx: I'm... scared...

Onyx felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked up. He saw Pink and she was looking at him with a little sympathy.

Pink: If you are afraid, let me help you. Let me show you what freedom is, what it really means to be on earth. 

It was on that day, that the infernal gem had to make a great desicion. But what he did not know, is that that decision... could take him to the edge the madness...

AAANNNDDD DONE!!!

Now, this is a story that I'm not going to start writing yet (unless a lot of people ask me to do it). This is a project I was thinking about for some time and I thought it would be fun for the future. A curious fact about this, is that the reader was not going to be a gem originally... Or Dark Vlad xD

The reader was going to be an ancestral demon that ended up in the dimension of steven universe after being defeated. But anyway, I hope you liked this little project and tell me what you think about it.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 6.3K 45
Hi Dear Reader! We've been expecting your arrival for quite some time! Well, Garnet has at the least. (She has future vision!!!) Pearl's been REALLY...
1.2K 38 10
Steven's Back Home Again. But with a new attitude and outlook. Now more assertive and not as affected by the opinions of others, how will things chan...
138K 1.9K 14
Takes place a few months after The Trial. So Steven doesn't know he has Pink Diamonds gem yet. What if Blue Diamond found out that Steven wasn't Ros...
48.1K 1.3K 37
Steven, Homeworld, Danger... Diamonds... Those words don't sound too comforting together, right? Who said this was a comforting story? For Steven and...