Chapter 10: Thousands of years later

(No ones POV)

You were very confused as you followed Peridot through long metal corridors. The Peridot who got you out of what appeared to be a prison didn't bother speaking to you or even looking in the direction you were. Many questions ran through your mind like "What is that prison for?". Gems don't take organic life as prisoners and you didn't saw any creatures inside those cells either.

Onyx: May I ask you something?

The Peridot turned her gaze from her floating monitor and looked at you. It was obvious that she did not want to speak to you because of the expression of annoyance on her face.

Peridot: It is necessary?

Onyx: It is for me. I'm... Lost.

Peridot: It's not a surprise. You have been suspended for more than five thousands of years.

Onyx: I HAVE BEEN WHAT?! HOW?!

A small amount of steam started to come out of your head. It was not really because of the amount of information received since relatively, not much had been explained to you yet. But the surprise of knowing that you spent more than a millennium without knowing where you were or what was happening was a bit of strong news to bear.

Peridot: That information is classified.

Onyx: Classified?! What do you mean classified?!

Peridot: It means information that-

Onyx: I know what classified means you little-

You clenched your fists tightly while taking deep breaths. It wasn't because you needed the air but just to try to blow some steam. You let out a breath as you slowly regain your composure.

Onyx: Could you tell me SOMETHING that can help me?

Peridot: I can. To get started-

The platform under your feet started to rise and float. Suddenly, a hole opened in the ceiling and revealed a long tunnel leading up to a rare light.

Onyx: What the-

Peridot: Obviously Homeworld's technological advances improvised a lot during the many years you were in suspended animation.

Onyx: So what you are trying to say is-

The floating platform began to carry you and Peridot towards the light at the end of the tunnel. You covered your face for a few seconds to protect your eyes from light. But after a few moments, you removed your arm from in front of your face only to be amazed at the things that were in front of you.

 But after a few moments, you removed your arm from in front of your face only to be amazed at the things that were in front of you

Peridot: Everything you know about Homeworld and our technology is now completely obsolete.

The platform stopped for a few moments. Before you could ask, it started to move back, following another tunnel.