Watching One Call Away

By BiUnicornBrittany

This is were the characters of @writersblock039 story watch her first unmatched records book One Call Away. a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 10

1.3K 42 9
By BiUnicornBrittany

AN: hello my friends I'm back so here you go

They watched as the screen lit up with the next video.

In the control room

"How'd it go," Ruby said.

"Well I think that Thea and Alex are conspiring to get Kara and Oliver together with Felicity and possibly Sara," Zari said.

"So normal then," Ruby said.

"As normal as it can be on this station," Zari said.

"Hey I need you to go distract Barry, if he knew what we are doing he would stop us," Ruby said.

"You got it," Zari said as she headed out of the room.

Thea eventually started walking ahead of Malcolm, trying to keep her tears at bay. She brushed off Felicity's attempts to speak with her, felt Malcolm's eyes on her, but she didn't say anything.

"Hey," Kara whispered as she caught up to her. "Do you need to talk?"

Thea blew out her breath, recalling Kara's earlier words. "Honestly . . . I don't even know how I feel right now," she confessed, walking further ahead so they were out of earshot of Malcolm. "Twenty-four hours ago, I couldn't even think of Malcolm without wanting to scream, and now . . .
I've never been more grateful that he's alive. Is . . . is that insane?"

"No," Kara shook her head. "He's your father."

"He manipulated me, he lied to me, he - " Thea swallowed. "He got me to kill my friend's sister.

"Me!" Sara yelled.

Kara looked at her strangely and said "okay we will come back to that later."

I . . . how can I be grateful he's alive when I have hated him so much?"
Kara kept walking for a few moments, then put her arm around Thea.

"When I first became Supergirl, I was fighting escaped prisoners my mother put into prison," she told Thea. "Two of those convicts were her twin sister, my aunt, and my uncle. Non could have cared less for me, but
deep down, Astra wanted us to just be family. She fought me, she threatened me, threatened those I loved . . . and when something stuck itself to me, caught me in a dream world where I had everything I ever wanted, she told my sister about the creature and possibly how to help me
escape it. And just hours later, Alex stabbed her in the chest." Thea's eyes widened, and Kara smiled sadly. "Maybe Malcolm hasn't been a good person, maybe he used to be an even worse father, but family always loves you in their own way. By stepping on that landmine, he proved
that. I think today, you got to see the father he could be. Give him the chance to have that with you."

"Damn, how are you so cheery," Roy said.

She just shrugged and watched the screen.

Thea smiled through her tears, leaning into Kara, the alien giving her a hug. "Thank you," she whispered.

The moment was ruined by Curtis running up to them. "The plane, boss, the plane!" he said in a growly voice. Kara and Thea stared at him incredulously, and Curtis paused. "Reference too dated?"

"Do you really think that's the reason," Thea asked.

He shook his head and turned back to the screen.

"Where is it?" Malcolm interrupted.

Curtis gulped and ran on ahead, the others following.

"So you can fly it?" Samantha asked when they reached the plane.

"I should be able to," Malcolm nodded before frowning when he heard Kara gasp. "Kara?" he turned, seeing her run to the side.

"Ugh, what's wrong now, are we all going to be blown up," Thea said.

"I thought I've been seeing landmines under the ground," Kara told him, brushing away dirt from the ground. "But it's not."

"Are those antennas?" Samantha's eyes widened.

"Yep," Kara exhaled, brushing the dirt away to reveal the pounds of explosives. "And this is C4."

"That was a joke!" Thea yelled.

"That is way too many antennas for a remote trigger," Curtis swallowed.

"They must be networked."

"Great, so there's more than one," Malcolm sighed.

"Malcolm, I have seen these under the ground our entire way here, all the way back from where those cages were," Kara looked up at him. "I think they're all over the island."

"Oh crap, are you kidding me," Sara said.

"She's right," Felicity gulped, showing them the tablet Oliver had handed her, revealing blinking red dots covering Lian Yu.

"There's hundreds!" Thea gaped.

"Way too many to defuse," Curtis nodded.

"Is there any way you could get them off the island?" Malcolm looked at Kara.

Kara shook her head, a little worried despite the fact that this might not happen now.

"Not without risking detonating all of them," Kara shook her head.

Malcolm groaned and put his face in his hand, Thea biting her lip worriedly.

"All right, let's get out of here," Oliver decided.

"Ahem," Quentin held up their shackles. "I think Wilson did something to your head when he knocked you out."

"Eh he has a lot of problems," Thea said smirking.

"Shut up Thea," Oliver said while throwing the pillow that she threw at him earlier back at her.

She caught the pillow and announced that she was holding it hostage.

Oliver smirked, pulling something out of his suit. "Curtis worked this up for Dinah." He handed Dinah a device to wrap around her neck. "It's gonna control your Canary Cry, but it's also gonna
bypass the sonic dampener."

Dinah's eyes lit up in delight. "Oh, I love that Curtis!" she grinned, slipping it on. "This may hurt a bit."

"Curtis can you build that," Dinah said.

"I've already started on it," he said.

"Just sing, Canary," Rene told her.

"Actually," Quentin looked at Dinah. "It's Black Canary."

"You would let me use that title," Dinah said.

He nodded and said "you deserve it."

Sara spoke up and said "maybe, maybe you do."

Oliver looked at Dinah, who looked pleased before taking a deep breath.

The others braced themselves, standing far enough apart that there was give in the chains, and Dinah screamed, the others hurrying to cover their ears as the chains snapped.

Talia stopped underneath the room when she heard the Canary Cry. "The prisoners," she turned.

"Don't concern yourself with them," a cold voice said, and Talia froze when she saw the figure on the steps.

"Yes Nyssa's about to kick some ass," Sara said grinning.

"We have unfinished business," Nyssa smirked. "Sister."

Talia narrowed her eyes, walking forward. "I heard you gave up the ring of the Demon's Head. What a foolish woman you've grown into."

"I think she's better than you," Sara said.

"It was your selfishness that forced me to grow up alone," Nyssa countered, walking down the steps.

"Our father never would have passed his mantle on to a woman," Talia told her as Nyssa approached. "I had to forge my own path."

"And you left me, knowing I would suffer at Father's hand," Nyssa hissed.

"And you wish to settle the score now?" Talia raised an eyebrow.

Nyssa just walked to the other side of the room and turned around, Talia now on the other side. "I stand with my friends," she announced.

"You ally yourself with our father's murderer?" Talia asked in disbelief.

"Eh, she got over it," Sara said.

Nyssa just held her head high, and Talia scoffed. "He'd be ashamed of you."

"Father was always ashamed of me," Nyssa chuckled bitterly.

Talia's students started drawing their swords, but Talia shook her head."No," she said firmly, stopping them. "Do not interfere."

They stepped back, and Nyssa nodded, lowering herself to the ground. Talia followed suit, both of them setting their bows down. When they stood, they drew their swords, Nyssa nodding she was ready. Talia charged forward, Nyssa blocking her strokes expertly. The two sisters dueled
around the room, ducking and blocking and throwing kicks when they could. They seemed evenly matched until Nyssa threw a punch, stunning Talia, before kicking her to the ground. Talia's students drew their swords to help, but Slade suddenly launched over the railing above them, slashing through them as if in a dance. He felled all of them within seconds.

"That. Was. Awesome," William said.

"I know right that was really cool," Ruby said.

Nyssa grabbed Talia by the back of her suit and hoisted her up, her sword to her throat.

"Do it," Talia hissed. "Father would have wanted you to!"

Nyssa narrowed her eyes, then smashed the hilt of her sword into Talia's head, knocking her out. Slade watched her fall, then Nyssa glared at him.

"You're late," she told him.

"So Slade's not evil again hmm who knew," Felicity said.

"But they're not," Slade pointed.

Nyssa turned to see Oliver approach with John, Quentin, Rene, and Dinah behind him.

"He was only pretending to screw with you?" John asked in disbelief.

"I needed a way to get Curtis's device to Dinah," Oliver nodded. "Have you seen my son?" he asked Slade.

"I've searched," Slade shook his head. "Your son is not here."

Oliver narrowed his eyes. "We got to get my gear. We got to move."

Now armed as he was before, Oliver led the six others further into the monastery. "We find Chase, we find my son," he told the others.

Rene paused. "Not so sure about that, Hoss."

"Ugh, what now," Kara said.

Oliver stopped as well as Chase walked around the corner, pulling his sword from where it was on his back, Talia's students behind him. Black Siren came from the other side, more students behind him. Oliver narrowed his eyes, the others behind him fanning out to flank him.

"Hello, Oliver," Chase grinned. "Welcome back to Purgatory."

"I hate him," Oliver said.

Oliver glared at him, then took a deep breath and clearly said, "El mayarah."
He didn't care about the confused looks he received from his end. All he cared about was that Kara arrived and helped him kick this bastard's ass.

"You bet I will," Kara said.

While Felicity and Curtis tried to figure out what to do about the bombs, Kara paced back and forth anxiously. Now that she had saved Malcolm, she was itching to get back to Oliver and start fighting. Ever since the Daxamites had invaded and since Mon-El had been forced to leave Earth,
she had felt the need to work out the emotions that always kept bubbling up. She would have to make sure she got to punch Prometheus as well before Oliver finished him off.

"I think you should be able to do that," Oliver said

And maybe some of those other assassins.

"I don't see why not, it would certainly help," Oliver said.

And maybe do victory laps around the island when they were done.

"You have a strange mind," Sara said.

Of course, that depended on if the bombs could be disabled.

"You lost someone, didn't you?"

"Why do you care," Kara said.

Kara froze and turned to face Malcolm, who was watching her. "Excuse me?"

"You remind me of Oliver, when he was after Damien Darhk," Malcolm explained. "Darhk had killed a member of his team, and Oliver was ready to kill him. And he did, in the end. I'm getting the same air from you."

Kara glared at him. "Have you ever had this great big plan, but you lost someone in the end that you shouldn't have?"

"Oh you have no idea," Oliver whispered in her ear.

Sara tapped him on the shoulder and whispered "looking for a reason to get close, hmmm."

"Shut up Sara," Oliver said.

She smiled "that's a yes."

"Shut up," he said.

Something flickered in Malcolm's eyes. "My son," he answered, making Kara take a step back. "In Oliver's first year, after he returned from this island, I was his main enemy. I had a plan to level part of Star City - then Starling City - with earthquake machines. One machine was
disabled, but there was a second they didn't know about. It went off. My son, Tommy, died because of it."

"How is it that you can make everyone spill their secrets to you," Malcolm said.

"People feel really comfortable around me," Kara said.

Kara swallowed, brushing her hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry."

"It was my fault," Malcolm continued, leaning against a tree across from her. "It's something I've never gotten over."

Kara sighed, sitting down on a fallen tree. "I had a boyfriend, back on my Earth," she told him. "His name was Mon-El. He was an alien, like me. A Daxamite. And when his people invaded Earth, he stood by my side. There was a way to kill them, make them leave, but that would risk Mon-El as well. He told me to use it." She looked down at her fingernails. "I pressed the button to poison them all," she told him. "And I helped Mon-El escape Earth as quickly as I could. I don't know if he's dead or alive right now. But it's my fault he's gone." She looked up at Malcolm. "It
makes me wonder if that decision was the right one."

"The difference between our decisions, Kara, is that you did it to save the planet," Malcolm told her. "What I did was nearly destroy the city I lived in. Sometimes that comes with a sacrifice. We may never let those sacrifices go, but we can do our best to live with them."

"This is deep," Sara stage whispered.

"And now it's ruined," Thea said.

"Does the pain ever go away?" Kara whispered.

"No," Malcolm shook his head. "It never does."

Kara nodded to herself absently when suddenly she heard Oliver's voice. "El mayarah."

She straightened, then narrowed her eyes and stood up. "Where are you going?" Samantha asked.

"I gave Oliver a phrase to use when he needed me," Kara answered, walking into the clearing to take off safely. "He just said it."

"Punch Chase for all of us!" Thea shouted.

"I hope I still get to," Kara said.

Kara nodded and flew into the air, following Oliver's voice, narrowing her eyes when she saw the monastery. Oliver had asked for her to help, and that was exactly what she was going to do.

"To the next one... ... ... hello, hey control people where are you," Laurel said.

Zari busted in and said "I occupied him as long as I could but he's coming and he's pissed that we did this."

Laurel muttered something and pointed to Nora and said "let's go see if we can keep him calm, meanwhile Zari will stay here." She walked over to a panel and manually turned on the video which made the screen light up.

AN:in case anyone hasn't guessed the person is Barry and he's pissed because they are trying to change time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 6.8K 23
"So, no matter what you need me for, no matter who or what you're facing, I will not let you down." ~ Oliver Queen, "One Call Away" Three months afte...
64.8K 788 18
When Barry gets trapped on Kara's earth and starts to feel something for her they kiss and she kissed back Disclaimer I do not own any of these chara...
1.8K 26 5
This is a story inspired my @LiammcNaught if you followed them then you know that they made a story about this crossover event but had their own twis...
356 2 13
"How could someone like that make anyone feel good?" "You're not any of those things. You did what you had to do. You're a fighter." [Book 1]