Watching One Call Away

By BiUnicornBrittany

This is were the characters of @writersblock039 story watch her first unmatched records book One Call Away. a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 6

1.6K 51 13
By BiUnicornBrittany

AN:I'M BACK

*she says dramatically*

BUB: Did you miss me

Thea : no now get on with it

BUB:rude but fine "I biunicorn Brittany do not own one call away that is writersblock039's story"

Couch: Sara Oliver Kara Alura

Loveseat:Roy Mia Thea (Mia is in thea's lap)

Couch: William Ruby Sam Lena

Couch: Alex Samantha felicity

Couch: slade Malcolm black siren

Loveseat:laurel Nora

"The RPG that took out the plane came from over there," Oliver pointed to his left as the group of six walked through the rocks. "And the call from my son originated just west of here."

"Hostages could be in either place," Harkness said.

"Or neither," Slade countered. "This is a large island."

"How large is that island anyway," Felicity asked.

Oliver thought about it. He didn't really know. "A couple of miles maybe," he answered.

"I'll check the RPG site," Kara volunteered.

"Malcolm, go with her," Oliver turned.

Malcolm nodded, then Nyssa looked over. "I'll accompany you as well."
Malcolm raised an eyebrow. "Oh, it's almost like you don't trust me, Nyssa."
"No, it's exactly like you don't trust you."

"Check it out," Oliver ordered, looking at Kara. "Stay on comms, and try to keep them from killing each other."

"Why do I feel like that might be a problem, even for me, and that saying something. Well, at least I won't get hurt in the crossfire if they do fight," she said

"Why because both of us care so much about not letting people get caught in the crossfire," Malcolm said.

"No I'm invulnerable to just about everything," she said.

Malcolm and Slade began sizing her up once again. They had to they were villains if they did something and needed to get out they needed to know if they can beat whoever they're fighting. It was more of a hug reaction then anything but it certainly helped a lot of the time when they have to fight. They both are able to learn more about who they need to the longer they are around the person. Since they have been around Kara for a few hours they know a lot about her

They know she is peppy and very bright. Despite that something that happened to her a little while ago which made her considerably more sad, they had both saw her crying a bit during the break. They also knew a few of her power but not the extent of them.

Kara nodded and led Malcolm and Nyssa off, and Oliver led Slade and Harkness on through the forest. Slade took the lead at some point, Oliver happy to let him go as long as he stayed in
eyesight.

"Why does he get a weapon and I don't?" Harkness asked.
"I trust him more than you," Oliver answered. That was true; Slade had once been his brother. Harkness had been nothing.
"Didn't he kill your mother?" Harkness raised an eyebrow.

"He does sort of have a point doesn't he," Thea said. Oliver just shrugged at her.

Oliver spun around, narrowing his eyes at him. "You listen to me very carefully," he growled.

"You help me take down Chase, you walk. You screw with me even a little bit, and I will put you right back into that hole."

"Just a gun," Harkness held up his hands. "That's all I'm saying."

"That guy is funny," Thea said.

"Kid," Slade called from ahead. Oliver left Harkness and walked up to catch to him, and Slade pointed past the tree. "I see movement."

Oliver looked past him, and he inhaled sharply when he saw four cages past the trees. "Stay sharp," he ordered, walking ahead.

Slade and Harkness followed behind him as Oliver ran for the cages.

"Oh thank god, you found us, well most of us," Felicity said.

"Oliver!" Felicity gasped, getting on her knees and grabbing at the bars.

"Keep your voice down," Slade warned.

"It's like you want to get caught ," Slade said.

Felicity just glared at him, and turned back to the screen

Thea did a double take, then pointed at him angrily. "What the hell is he doing here?"

Oliver bypassed Felicity, Curtis, and Thea and instead went to the last cell, where Samantha, William's mother, was clutching the bars. "Where's William?" he asked her.

"I didn't realize I was there with them earlier," Samantha said.

"Wow you are really quiet, I didn't realize you were over there," Kara said.

"I don't know," she shook her head. "We were separated. Oliver, what is going on?"

"Why are they unguarded?" Slade looked around.

"It's quite obviously a trap, duh," Thea said.

"It seems pretty obvious to me, mate," Harkness remarked. Oliver looked at him, a frown on his face, when the branches rustled, and two figures dropped to the ground.

"See even he knew, but that may be because he's probably working with them," Thea said.

"Yeah, saw that one coming," Oliver remarked dryly.

Oliver reached for an arrow, but froze when Talia brought her bow up, and Evelyn drew her gun, pointing it right at his face.

"It's a trap," Harkness smirked.

"Don't even think it, Oliver," Talia warned, shifting her aim. "Or your son loses his mother."

"Oh, and don't worry about that gun, mate," Harkness added, pulling one out from under his coat.

"Mr. Chase gave me this nice new one . . . along with a better offer."

"Pretty sure everyone saw this coming but them right?" Thea asked.

She got a bunch of nods of confirmation.

"Your chatty right now aren't you," Roy whispered in thea's ear. She slapped him playfully and said "I have a lot of opinions."

Evelyn turned to Slade as Harkness aimed at him. "Adrian said it would be pointless to reach out to you."

"Although, given this turn of events, perhaps you've changed your mind?" Talia offered.

"I wonder how this will turn out," Kara said.

"What's it gonna be, Slade?" Harkness asked. "Care to side with the winners?"

Oliver turned to look at Slade warily. "What's it gonna be, mate?"

Oliver watched Slade with a critical eye. And this . . . this was why he was glad Kara had come.

Malcolm and Nyssa, he was certain they wouldn't pull any tricks on him.

Slade and Harkness were the wildcards. The worst case scenario was that he lost both of them.

Then Slade turned, pointed to Oliver, and said, "Put a gun to his head."

"Yeah saw that coming but I don't know maybe you didn't betray them," Kara said.

Oliver looked at Slade, exasperated. "Sorry, kid," he said as Evelyn walked forward. "But there's no giving up to these guys."

Oliver just barely held himself back from reacting. He knew those words. He'd heard them before.

"I'm guessing you did not betray them then," Kara said.

"You would be correct Miss Danvers," Slade said.

"Stop spoiling it," Thea yelled.

And as Evelyn approached, her gun still raised, he barely refrained from smirking as he put his bow on the ground, Talia lowering hers with a smug grin on her face.

"I assumed you'd want to be on the winning side," Harkness said triumphantly as Slade walked over to him.

"Assumption," Slade nodded, "is the mother of all - failures!"

"That, is a really good line," Kara said with a lot of nods of agreement.

Harkness grunted when Slade slugged him in the face. When Evelyn turned, shocked, Oliver grabbed her wrist and executed the very first move Slade had ever taught him. He twisted and threw her to the ground, Evelyn landing with a thud. Talia brought her bow back up, aiming for Samantha, and when she released the arrow, Oliver threw one of his darts, knocking the arrow off course. Slade threw Harkness to the ground with ease, and Oliver quickly grabbed his bow, reaching for an arrow at the same time as Talia. They both froze, waiting for the other to make a move, Harkness scrambling to get to his feet by Talia, Slade moving to cover Oliver. For a moment, the two parties stood there, waiting for the other to make a move -

"That was cool," William whispered to Ruby who nodded in agreement.

"At least your dad is a hero, I have no idea why we're here other than my future self, my mom isn't a superhero, she doesn't have powers, and this seems like a place for superheros so I don't know what we're doing here," Ruby said.

"Why don't we figure it out," William said.

"Oliver!" Kara called as she burst through the trees, eyes wide.

"Sister!" Nyssa cried, drawing back her bow, Malcolm doing the same.
Talia looked from the trio to Oliver and Slade, then lifted her hand.

"No, Kara!" Oliver shouted when he saw Kara tense to pounce.

Thankfully, she froze in place as Talia threw her smoke grenade to the ground, she and Harkness vanishing without a trace. That didn't stop her from staring at Oliver incredulously, but he just microscopically shook his head as Slade walked the remaining distance to his side.

"Handle her,"Oliver nodded to Evelyn, who was wincing as she tried to get up.

Slade nodded and bent down, grabbing Evelyn. "I could have grabbed them," Kara hissed to Oliver as she, Malcolm, and Nyssa jogged over to join them.

"I know you could have," Oliver whispered, pulling her away from the others as Nyssa amd Malcolm went to work on the cages. "But Harkness just betrayed me, and if he had known what you could do, we would have lost a major advantage."

Understanding lit in Kara's eyes. "He doesn't know what I can do, he won't expect me."

"That isn't a bad plan," Sara said.

"Exactly," Oliver nodded. "Kara, I want you to refrain from using your powers in front of anyone on this island that isn't a friend."

"Does that include them?" Kara looked in the direction of Slade, Malcolm, and Nyssa.

"Malcolm and Nyssa, yes," Oliver decided. "But Slade . . . I don't know yet."

"Really me," Malcolm said.

"You won't betray me because of Thea," Oliver said.

"OK," Kara nodded. "So how will I know when you want me to use my powers?"

Oliver frowned as he thought. "A phrase, or a code word," he decided.

"Something where, if we're separated, I can say that others might be confused by, but you'll know."

Kara smiled softly. "El mayarah," she told him.

"El mayarah?" Oliver repeated with a frown.

"Kryptonese," she told him. "It means stronger together."

"Thea nudged Alex who was in the couch next to her and whispered "do you think your sister likes Oliver maybe they seem already close."

Alex shrugged and whispered back "maybe we would have to watch more to see, because I think they would be cute together, here why don't we exchange phone numbers so we can text each other if we see something the other person doesn't see."

She hands her a piece of paper which Thea takes and put the number in her phone.

Oliver smiled slightly. "El mayarah it is."

"You OK?" Malcolm asked Thea as he opened her cage.

"I'd say go to hell but I have a feeling she will do it for me," Thea said

"You do realize that in telling me that your telling me the thing you said you won't say," Malcolm pointed out.

"Kindly, shut up," Thea said.

"Go to hell," Thea grumbled as she climbed out.

"See, told you," Thea said.

Malcolm sighed. "I'll take that as a yes."

Oliver and Kara rejoined them as Slade pushed Evelyn into one of the cages.

"You've been left behind," he told her. "You should choose your friends more wisely."

Oliver was quite sure Slade didn't even care Evelyn was glaring daggers at him as he joined the group as well.

"Where is everyone else?" Oliver looked around.

"Not sure," Curtis shook his head. "Chase split us up into groups when we got here."

"We are gonna talk about that, right?" Felicity asked, looking past Oliver at Slade.

"Yes, we're gonna talk about that," Oliver gave her a look. "Right now, we need to focus on finding the others."

"But, can't - ?" Thea started pointing to Kara.

"Hmm?" Kara blinked innocently. "Do what?"

Oliver snorted and shook his head fondly as Thea stared at Kara incredulously. "I brought Kara along because I know everyone here trusts her," he looked between everyone. "And when I need her, I know she'll give everything she has."

Luckily, Thea seemed to get the message, because she nodded. "Good to see you," she smiled.

"Thank God I realized that before I said something I shouldn't have," Thea said.

"Wish it was better circumstances," Kara smiled back.

Satisfied that Kara was going with his plan, Oliver turned and walked to where Evelyn was watching.

"Where are they?" he asked.

"I wish I knew so I could tell you to go screw yourselves," Evelyn spat.

"Why did Chase split up all the hostages?" Malcolm frowned.

"Why does Chase do anything?" Evelyn countered. "So far, he hasn't laid out a single hoop you could keep yourself from jumping through. Maybe leaving me here was part of the plan."

"She's right about one thing why does chase do anything. I have the answer though, it's because he is completely insane and I'm pretty sure makes up half the things he does on the spot," Thea said.

Oliver shook his head, walking away. "Do you believe her?" Kara asked.

"I don't know," Oliver admitted, looking at the others. "How did Chase get you here?"

"A plane," Felicity answered.

"You think you can find your way back to it?"

"Yeah, probably," Curtis nodded. "But - "

"Malcolm, can you fly a plane?" Oliver looked at him.

"I was rich at some point I used to own planes," Malcolm said.

"If it's anything like the three Gulfstreams I used to have, yes," he confirmed.

"See, I told you," Malcolm said.

You sound like a child Malcolm Laurel thought.

"Get them to the mainland, and then come right back for us," Oliver ordered.

"We are not leaving you here!" Felicity shook her head at once.

"I need to focus, and that means getting you out of harm's way," Oliver told her, then looked back at Evelyn. "And despite my better instincts, when this is all over, I will come back for you."

"When this is all over, you'll be dead," Evelyn retorted.

Kara snorted her opinion of that. Oliver was inclined to agree with her.

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" Thea asked quietly.

"I wonder if they are going to show our conversation?" Thea wondered.

"Yeah," Oliver nodded, leading her off for a private conversation. "Keep your eye out," he whispered to Kara as he passed.

She nodded, walking around the group, her eyes occasionally wandering into the trees. She thought she caught something in the ground, and frowning, she looked under her feet.

"Ah looks like you've found the land mines," Slade said.

"Land mines! What the hell kind of island is this and why does it have land mines," Kara said, then she thought about it and said "never mind don't want to know why there are land mines."

"How did you even know there was a land mine without stepping on one?" Malcolm asked her.

"I have x-ray vision." Kara said.

Slade and Malcolm took this into account.

"Did they do anything to the island?" she tossed the question into the air.

"Land mines," Slade was the one who answered. "You never know where you're going to find one. Watch your step, little one."

"Little one?" Kara said.

"Do you not like it?" Slade asked.

"No, no it's just, my aunt used to call me that," Kara said.

Kara quirked an eyebrow. "Little one. I'd almost think that giving me a nickname makes you fond of me."

"Don't let him fool you," Felicity snorted.

Kara gave her a look, and Slade made a small motion. Malcolm and Nyssa watched worriedly as Kara followed Slade off to the side. "From what I've heard, Oliver's only known you for a short amount of time," he turned to her. "And yet he turned to you to get everyone off this island."

"I was the last person he tried to contact," Kara shrugged. "His last resort."

"But you came when he asked," Slade pointed out. "He must trust you a lot."
"Well, I trust him, too," Kara shrugged, turning to him. "From what I've gathered, he trusts you more than he did Harkness. You killed his mother, but he trusted you to watch his back more than Harkness. Why?"

"I was with Oliver in his first years on the island," Slade revealed. "We swore to each other we would leave as brothers."
"Guessing that didn't happen," Kara looked over her shoulder at Felicity, who was still glaring at Slade's back.

"No it did not," Slade said.

"No," Slade shook his head. "A woman we cared about died, and I was enraged at Oliver for her death."

"Nyssa said something about a serum?" "Mirakuru," Slade answered. "It fueled my rage, made me hallucinate Shado. I was ready to burn Starling City to the ground because she was taken from me, and it was Oliver's fault. And I killed his mother." He shook his head. "Miss Smoak injected
me with the cure, but it took years for the serum to wear off. Now it feels like a dream."

"Why did it take so long it didn't take nearly as long with the rest," felicity asked.

"I had the serum longer then them," Slade answered

"But it actually happened," Kara nodded. "So because you were once as close as brothers, Oliver trusts you." She folded her arms. "It's hard, when you fight your family."

"Are you speaking from experience, little one?"

Kara let the name pass. "My first real enemy was my aunt," she told Slade.

"I'm guessing this is why you were uncomfortable with the nickname," Slade said.

"Yes," Kara said but she refused to say anymore

"She wanted to save Earth, but her way wasn't the way to go about it. And my adoptive sister killed her." She shook her head. "I was so furious, and our director took the blame for it so my sister didn't have to suffer for it. But I turned my rage on him, and when Alex finally told me the truth of what happened . . . " She shook her head. "Fighting family is the hardest thing," she told Slade. "I don't know what you and Oliver are now, but he thinks you're worth taking a chance for."

"And what do you think, little one?" Slade tilted his head.

"I think that as long as you prove Oliver correct, I'll let the nickname slide," Kara told him, turning to him. "This is the first time I've met you, and Malcolm and Nyssa, so I'm giving everyone here the benefit of the doubt. I've heard stories, but I never knew you then. What matters to me is the impressions I'm getting now. You prove to Oliver that the mirakuru has gone and you're worth going free, then I will trust you. But I promise, if you betray him for real, I will take you out before anyone else gets the chance to put a hand on you."

"A dire threat," Slade tilted his head. "Very well, Miss Danvers."

"It looks like you don't take me seriously," Kara said.

"In my defense you look like a cheerleader," Slade said.

"Trust me," Kara looked past him into the trees. "When I get my hands on Chase, you'll see just how great of a threat that is."

"I have no doubt that he and I will see Miss Danvers," Slade said.

Nora said "One more then lunch then after that four more then dinner and we show you to your rooms."

The screen then came to life as the next video played.

AN: Also shout out to empressoffandomzzz and writersblock039 who reviewed. Thank you, you are the ones who inspired me to keep writing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 38 33
It gets better but this was my first book, don't hype it up pls 😐
172K 2.9K 65
~you're giving me a million reasons to let you go~ ~baby, I just need one good one to stay~ Book 1- Unwritten Book 2- Enchanted Started- May 12, 201...
3.1K 147 13
Series of One Shots of Kara being human.
186K 3.9K 23
the run away didn't go looking for love. lower case intended. [book one] *i do not own any of twilight. just my characters and their thoughts*