Defeated

By TashaPageWriting

In a town controlled by fear, Indianna is trying to find a way to survive. The only goal is to take down Rogu... More

I- Tai
II- Indianna
III- Introductions
IV- Letters To Him
V- Rogue
VI- Punishment
VII- Fight
VIII- We're Werewolves
IX- You Really Shouldn't Have Come To This Town
X- Kick
XI- Girl Talk
XII- A Plan?
XIII- Lone Wolf
XIV- Secrets
XV- Gender
XVI- Revenge
XVII- Rules
XVIII- Grave
XIX- Cry
XXI- Blood
XXII- Rogue's Order
XXIII- Oscar's Old Pack
XXIV- Claws
XXV- Hey Sugar
XXVI- Mate bond?
XXVII- Reward
XXVIII- Greyson's Back
XXIX- "You Lost My Mate"
XXX- Brooke's Secret
XXXI- Lily
XXXII- Brandon's Heartbreak
XXXIII- Eight Weeks To Get Rid of Rogue
XXXIV- Alec
XXXV- The Map
XXXVI- Preparations
XXXVII- Christmas Dinner
XXVIII- Greyson's Sacrifice
XXXIX- Trust
XL - Wish For Death
XLI- Day One

XX- Dinner

19.3K 964 697
By TashaPageWriting

I am awfully awfully sorry for the EXTREME lack of updates. Uni has been absolutely crazy and recently I've started placement (I'm doing nursing and it's a crazy degree) so I'm working in a hospital and my life is all over the place at the moment, and I am so sorry for the lack of updates! I'm currently on Christmas break so hopefully I'll get a few more updates up for you guys as I've got time to chill until next year!

Sorry again!

And I hope you enjoy this update!

*

Indianna managed to talk to Brooke for about one minute at school. "I'm sorry," Indianna said. "I'm sorry for what happened at the diner-"

"Don't apologise, you're were just trying to help," Brooke said quickly. She glanced around cautiously, looking for Alec. "How's Harry? How's Ace? How's you-"

"Harry is Harry, and Ace and I are fine," Indianna said. "We're going to get you out of this mess, Brooke."

"Alec isn't doing this willingly," Brooke explained. "Rogue and Ben have his mate captive. It's why he's working for them. He's being used just like we are."

"That really helps, Brooke-"

"Leave now, before you make things worse for Brooke," Alec said and Brooke froze when he walked up behind her and narrowed his eyes at Indianna.

"We'll sort this out," Indianna promised and forced a smile before sighing in defeat and walking away.

"If you talk to any of them again I'll be forced to tell Ben."

"Is Ben going to know if you lie?" Brooke asked.

"I'm not risking my mates life," Alec snapped. "Now, let's get to class."

*

Tai was sitting alone when Ace joined her. She jumped when his arm brushed hers. "Hey," Ace said softly.

"You look like shit," Tai said, looking Ace up and down.

"Wow, thank you," Ace said and raised an eyebrow at her.

"You look exhausted. Why are you at school? You should be resting," Tai said.

"Please, don't tell me that. It's all people are saying. I'm fine."

Tai arched an eyebrow.

"Okay, I'm not fine. But I'm well enough to be at school."

"I don't believe you," Tai shrugged.

Ace decided to ignore what Tai said.

"What's going on with Brooke?" Tai asked.

"Nothing," Ace said. He looked to the front of class where Brooke and Alec where talking. "There's nothing we can do at the moment."

"If you need help, I'll be there," Tai said. "You guys need all the help you can get."

Ace smiled. "Thank you, Tai. That means a lot."

Tai shrugged her shoulders.

"What's happening with Brandon and your brother?" Ace asked quietly.

"They're with each other constantly," Tai cringed. "I've never seen Raiden like this with anyone. They must be mates."

"This makes things a lot more complicated," Ace sighed.

"I don't want Raiden involved in this mess," Tai said. "He's already done so much for me, he doesn't deserved to get dragged into this."

"What has he done?" Ace asked softly.

"That doesn't matter," Tai said dismissively.

Ace frowned. "The only good thing is that he won't be harmed. Brandon and Rogue are working together, and Rogue won't hurt Raiden if he's Brandon's mate."

"Good," Tai nodded.

"But there is the risk of Brandon turning Raiden against us."

"No," Tai said immediately. "Raiden would never go against me. We've been through too much together to abandon each other."

"Are you sure?"

"It's not like I've known him my whole life or anything, is it?" Tai said sarcastically. "Yes, I'm sure. Raiden has the best intentions. He's better than I'll ever dream of being."

"Don't say that," Ace frowned.

Tai sent Ace a look. "You don't know what I've done."

"Because you won't tell me," Ace said.

"You've got enough problems to handle right now, so if I were you I'd focus on that," Tai snapped. "Stop bugging me."

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to invade your privacy," Ace frowned. "It's just that we're mates-"

"You don't want to be my mate," Tai said.

"I think I do."

"No, you only think that because of the stupid bond. If you knew me really then you'd want nothing to do with me," Tai said and turned away from Ace.

Ace so desperately wanted to know what Tai was talking about.

He wanted to help.

*

"Indie, are you sure about this?" Kal said after school that day. He pulled his car to a stop outside Rogue's house. "Are you sure it's not just weird baby hormones that are making you want to do this?"

"Of course she doesn't want to do this," Kimberly muttered and rolled her eyes. "But she has too."

"I don't like it."

"Neither do I," Indianna sighed. She looked at Rogue's house.

"Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up later?" Kal asked.

"No." Indianna swallowed. "I'll ask Rogue to drop me home. I need him to think that I'm slowly trusting him."

"Good luck," Kimberly said.

"Keep the link open. Oscar and I will be here in an instant if you want us too."

Indianna forced a smile. "Thanks." She opened the car door and walked towards Rogue's house. Her heart was pounding in her chest.

"Sister," Rogue said as he opened the door. He leaned against the doorframe and smiled. "Part of me thought that you wouldn't show."

Indianna swallowed. "I said I would come," Indianna said.

"But you also lie," Rogue tutted.

"No, lies are what start all problems," Indianna sighed. "I don't want to lie to you. It makes things worse."

"Wise words," Rogue said and stepped aside. "Come in, little sister. Stacy is overjoyed that you're here." Rogue grabbed Indianna's wrist as she stepped through the threshold. "Do not disappoint her, little sister."

Indianna forced herself to look into his eyes. "I won't."

Rogue smiled. "Fantastic. She's in the kitchen."

Indianna nodded and made her way through the house. She walked into the kitchen and jumped when Stacy squeaked and hugged her.

"I'm so glad you're here, babe!" Stacy grinned. "I was just pouring myself a glass of wine! What's your fancy, red or white?"

Indianna rubbed her stomach protectively. "Neither."

"Oh, babe, I completely forgot!" Stacy gasped. "What can I get you instead?"

"Water is fine," Indianna smiled.

"Of course, you gotta keep the baby hydrated," Stacy smiled. "Oh, wait- babies."

Indianna didn't have to force her next smile. Every minute that passed she was happier that she was having twins. She loved that they would never be alone. They would always have each other.

"A girl and a boy?" Rogue called as he walked into the kitchen. Stacy passed Indianna a glass of water. "Congratulations, sister."

"Thank you."

"When are you due?" Stacy asked.

"Werewolves develop more quickly than humans," Indianna said, repeating what Doc had told her. "Instead of nine months, its six. So, they should be here in February sometime. Apparently werewolf babies are hard to predict a date, and with twins I'm more likely to be premature."

"Premature?" Stacy questioned.

"Early," Indianna explained.

"How early?" Rogue asked.

Indianna shrugged. "A few weeks, a month? I don't know."

"So, it could be as early as January?"

"Possibly," Indianna said.

"That's not far off, little sister," Rogue said.

Indianna swallowed and rubbed her stomach. "I know."

"Come on, let's go and sit down. You shouldn't be on your feet for so long," Stacy said and soon they were all sitting in the lounge.

Indianna had never felt so uncomfortable in her life.

"So, who are you going to have with you at the birth?" Stacy asked. She sat back on the couch and leaned into Rogue. Indianna watched as he placed his hand on her knee.

"I..." Indianna frowned. "I hadn't thought of that."

"Usually you have your mum, but that's no possible considering she's a loony-"

"Stacy," Rogue said sharply.

Stacy made an 'o' shape with her mouth. "I... oh, should I not have said anything?"

Rogue sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Just... stop talking," he said.

"I'm sorry, babe," Stacy whispered. She linked her fingers with his.

He smiled softly at her. "It's fine."

"What is going on?" Indianna asked. "What did you mean about my mum?"

"Nothing," Rogue said dismissively.

"Jason..." Indianna gulped. "What have you done to her?"

Rogue gave Stacy a look. "I wasn't going to show her this just yet, but it looks like I'm going to have to now."

"I'm sorry," Stacy apologised as Rogue stood.

"I know," Rogue said and kissed Stacy on the cheek before facing Indianna. "Come with me, little sister, it seems I have something to show you."

Indianna frowned and stood up, cautiously following her brother out of the room. Rogue was silent as he led her up the stairs and to Indianna's old room. "Jason, what is going on?"

"I'm only showing you this because you seem to be behaving recently. This is a reward for your good behaviour. If you carry on listening to me then you will be rewarded." Rogue opened the door to Indianna's room and gestured her inside.

Nothing had changed. It was still the half lived in room that Indianna had never finished unpacking properly. However, there was one thing that wasn't quite right.

On the bed, curled up in a ball was... her mother.

"Iris," Rogue called. "You have a visitor."

Iris's looked up and Indianna gasped quietly. Something was wrong. Her mother's eyes were wide, and her lips were forming words, but Indianna struggled to understand what she was saying. She looked rabid.

"What is wrong with her?" Indianna asked slowly, taking a step towards the bed. "Mum?" Indianna said softly. "It's me, Indie."

"As Stacy said, she's a loony," Rogue said. His voice was void from emotion. "She's gone crazy."

Iris looked at Indianna with wide eyes. "Daughter?" She whispered. She looked hurriedly between Indianna and Rogue.

"Yes," Indianna whispered. "What happened to you?"

"He ruins everything," Iris whispered. "He ruined me. He ruined you, and your Greyson. He's ruined this town."

"Now, that's not very nice," Rogue tutted.

"Trust your head," Iris said. Her voice was frantic. "He has help. He can do things, things he shouldn't be able to do!"

"Iris, stop talking nonsense," Rogue said.

"Mum, what do you mean?" Indianna asked.

"He can do things to mates! Your friend Brooke, he is keeping her and her mate apart. He has his ways to sep-"

"Iris, why don't you tell your daughter how you missed her?"

"He's crazy!" Iris cried, she threw her arms up in the air and Indianna stepped back quickly. "Trust your head, Indie! Trust the voices you hear, when all seems lost, believe in the impossible!"

Indianna frowned. "Mum... I-I don't understand-"

Iris lunged forward and grabbed Indianna's wrists, pulling Indianna towards her. She held her lips to Indianna's ear. "Alive!" She whispered. "He's alive!"

"Iris, you're going to hurt her," Rogue said and pried Iris away from Indianna. He shoved Iris back onto the bed. "Sister, you should go back downstairs now."

"I... B-but-"

"Now!" Rogue growled. He raised his eyebrow at Indianna. "I don't repeat myself, sister."

Indianna looked at Iris, who was a muttering mess on the bed. He had pulled her knees to her chest and was rocking back and forth, whispering to herself. She had gone insane.

"Sister-"

"I'm going," Indianna sighed and slowly left the room. Her mind hurt, she didn't know how to deal with seeing her mother like that. Talking all sort of nonsense. Who was her mother even talking about?

Was there any truth to any of it?

Rogue listened as Indianna walked back downstairs, and when she was out of earshot he turned and glared at Iris who laughed.

"You shouldn't have said that," Rogue said slowly, his words lived with venom.

"She make think me crazy, child," Iris chuckled, "but my words will sit in her mind. She will think about what I said."

"She will think that you've gone mad," Rogue said dismissively.

"Oh, I have," she grinned. "But I know things. And now she knows too."

"She is not going to make sense of anything you told her."

"She is smart," Iris smirked. "And he is alive. She will realise."

Rogue raised his eyebrow. "I have no idea what you're talking about, mother."

"Lies!" Iris cried and cackled. "She will destroy you. She will defeat everything you've built."

"Oh, will she? Her and what army?" Rogue said and rolled his eyes. He walked out of the room and slammed the door.

The sound of Iris's laughter followed him down the stairs.

*

Indianna's mind was elsewhere during dinner. She forced herself to eat the food, but she just wanted to puke it back up. She couldn't stop thinking about what her mother had said.

Was any of it true? Or was she just crazy?

"I know that look," Rogue said, catching Indianna's attention. "I'm trying to get her help."

"Why?" Indianna asked. "You have no love for her."

"I'd much rather her sane than crazy, though, sister," Rogue said.

"She's always saying such weird things," Stacy said and rolled her eyes. "I don't know if she can be helped."

"How long has she been here?" Indianna asked.

"Since your mates death," Rogue shrugged. Indianna stiffened and Rogue raised his eyebrows. "Sorry, is that still a sore subject?"

Indianna gritted her teeth. "Just ever so slightly."

"You'll forget about him soon enough," Stacy smiled and took a sip of wine.

Everyday Indianna remembered him more.

"I don't want too," Indianna said.

Stacy frowned. "Oh, babe, it's much healthier for the mind if you move on. He'd want you to be happy."

Indianna didn't know how she could he truly happy without him.

"So, lets just say hypothetically... if you died, would you want Jason to forget about you?" Indianna asked. The words came out before she could stop them. The way they spoke about Greyson angered her.

Stacy paused, and pouted her lips, looking at Indianna in confusion. "But I'm not dead, why would I be? Nothing will ever happen to me because Jason will protect me."

Indianna forced a smile, ignoring Rogue's look. "Then you're very lucky."

Stacy grinned. "I know! Isn't he just amazing."

Indianna looked down at her plate and ate some more food.

The conversation moved on and soon dinner was over, and Indianna was finally getting ready to leave. She had been here much longer than she wanted too.

"I assume you'll be wanting a ride, sister?" Rogue said, walking up to Indianna as she neared the door.

She had intended to ask him, but she wasn't sure how much more of his presence she could cope with. "Oh no, I was going to walk-"

Rogue grabbed his keys off of the side and opened the front door. "After you," he said.

"No, honestly, it's fine-"

"Car, now," he said sternly and Indianna swallowed and made her way to his car. She sat in the passenger seat and waited for him to join her.

"There were a few comments that I did not appreciate today," Rogue said as he started the car. "But other than that, you were good tonight sister."

Indianna frowned, unsure on how to reply. "Um, okay."

There was a silence and Indianna fiddled with her fingers.

"I can tell you have a burning question, sister," Rogue said suddenly. "Save is a silent journey and ask it."

Indianna did have something she wanted to ask. "Brooke," she said. "Why?"

"What is happening to Brooklyn is nothing to do with me, at least not directly," Rogue said. "I'm working with Ben, and she is a requirement of his conditions, I am merely assisting him in his goals."

"Please, you can stop it-"

"Yes, I can stop it, but then I lose Ben's help, and that is something I don't want to lose," Rogue said. "Don't you worry, I've made sure that Brooklyn has endured much worse than Ben will do to her. He is mainly concerned about harming that miserable mate of hers."

Indianna froze. She couldn't believe the way he spoke out the things he's done.

He had no regret.

"If you could just let her-"

"Let's stop talking about this," Rogue said. "Shall we?"

Indianna bit her lip.

"Let's talk about the two new werewolves," Rogue said. "I have reason to believe one of them is Brandon's mate."

"Yes, we have realised that," Indianna said.

"Do they know about you?" Rogue asked.

Indianna thought of Tai. "No," she lied smoothly.

"Oh really?" Rogue said. "The girl has been seen at your house a few times. You're telling me she knows nothing?"

"Nothing," Indianna confirmed.

"Then why has she been at your house? She doesn't seem the friendliest, not the type to make friends."

"She..." Indianna paused. "Her and Ace are mates. She isn't aware of it, but I'm sure she can feel the bond. She has been with Ace when she has been round."

Rogue nodded, taking in the information. "Okay. When they know about you and your pack, inform me right away."

"Why?" Indianna asked.

"Do I need to tell you everything?" Rogue asked. "Mind your business, sister."

"We're back," Indianna said and had to stop a sigh of relief when she saw the pack house. She hurriedly unclipped her seatbelt. "Er... thank you for the ride."

Rogue nodded once and Indianna scrambled out of the car. "Goodbye, sister."

"Goodbye," Indianna muttered and closed the car door. She was tense until she was inside the pack house and the door was locked behind her.

Indianna took a deep breath and leaned back against the door. It had been a strange evening, and her mind kept going back to her mother. "He's alive" she had said. Indianna's mind went to Greyson, but she knew she was being ridiculous. She couldn't go around dreaming up false hope.

Indianna shook her head and headed towards the stairs. She rubbed the back of neck and gasped as there was suddenly a jolt of pain, similar to pain she had felt before. Indianna yanked her hand back and her eyes widened when she saw scarlet red on her finger tips.

Blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 1.3K 57
Claire has to face new life changing events, when finally shifting for the first time. Can she face the threats coming at her in every direction? Wit...
691K 21.8K 64
MATE - the person every wolf looks for , seeks , desires . Jace Beckendorf , a powerful warrior, is the Alpha of the silver claw warrior pack. He doe...
550K 13.6K 33
After being forced to live her life on the run, living the life of a rouge, Amelia discovers her mate is the Alpha of the second strongest pack in th...
379K 6.4K 21
Sequel to: The Lone She-Wolf Who Never Wanted a Mate! It's been almost five years since Dani had accepted the mission given to her by the Pawnee Spir...