Rebel: The Inheritance System

By iHateMilks

Synopsis ---------- All he wanted was a simple life, but fate toyed with him his entire life on Earth. Every... More

Chapter 1 - The New World
Chapter 2 - The Inheritance System Awakens
Chapter 3 - Siblings
Chapter 4 - The Nine Auspicious Omens
Chapter 5 - The Nine Auspicious Omens 2
Chapter 6 - Movement Techniques
Chapter 7 - The Lowest Life Form in the Sects (Part 1)
Chapter 8 - The Highest Life Form in the Secular (Part 2)
Chapter 9 - The Test
Chapter 10 - The First Fight
Chapter 11 - A New Wish
Chapter 12 - Home
Chapter 13 - Six Harmonies Eight Methods Boxing
Chapter 14 - Learning to Fight
Chapter 15 - Five Years Later
Chapter 16 - I am a Judge
Chapter 17 - Colleagues
Chapter 18 - Breakthrough
Chapter 19 - Qi Flowing Through My Body
Chapter 20 - Weak yet Invincible
Chapter 21 - New Colleague
Chapter 22 - setting out
Chapter 23 - First Case
Chapter 24 - Three Wishes
Chapter 25 - Rewards
Chapter 26 - Lost and Found
Chapter 27 - Chicken Wings
Chapter 28 - Liu Kang
Chapter 29 - LongXing village
Chapter 30 - The Prison
Chapter 31 - Leaving the Prison
Chapter 32 - Return
Chapter 33 - Great Black Tiger Lord
Chapter 34 - Monster King
Chapter 35 - Breakthrough!
Chapter 36 - Ying Yue
Chapter 37 - Aftermath
Chapter 38 - PuZhang Village
Chapter 39 - Decision
Chapter 40 - Zi Di Mountains
Chapter 41 - Bandits?
Chapter 42 - Prisoners
Chapter 43 - Escape
Chapter 44 - Escape 2
REUP chapter 44 - Escape 2
Chapter 45 - Departure
Chapter 46 - Roast Duck
Chapter 47 - Mariticide
Chapter 48 - Towards the Gods
Chapter 49 - Grievances
Chapter 50 - Departure
Chapter 51 - A Picturesque View
Chapter 52 - Charred Corpses
Chapter 53 - Suspected Child of Heaven
Chapter 54 - Arson
Chapter 55 - Cause and Effect
Chapter 56 - Popcorn
Chapter 57 - The Trial
Chapter 58 - Grandpa Ku
Chapter 59 - Trial 2
Chapter 60 - Moving Forward
Chapter 61 - My Own Path, My Own Way
Chapter 62 - Killing Rebels
Chapter 63 - Rebels!
Chapter 64 - Lu Wang City
Chapter 65 - Entering the City
Chapter 66 - Civil War!
Chapter 67 - Crying God Church
Chapter 68 - Twenty Qi Whirlpools Equals a Disabled Body
Chapter 69 - Plans, Schemes and Politics
Chapter 70-75
Chaper 76-80
Chapter 81- 85
Chapter 86 - 90
Chapter 91 - 95
Chapters 101-105
chapter 106-109 (vol 1 end)
Epilogue - Chapter 111
book 2 /sequel

Chapter 96-100

1K 50 2
By iHateMilks

Chapter 96 – Cultivators

I have been spending the last few days trying to create a suitable cultivation technique for everyone and finally created a cultivation that I was happy with. It was in the shape of a bident, which is a two-pronged spear.

Right now, I have named the group <Hades> for fun since it seemed like they would all go to hell instantly if they tried to fight anyone, and only Lang Meng Ding is aware of the name. When I joked about the name, Lang Meng Ding seemed to be deep in thought but he did not tell anyone about it so he should not have developed any weird ideas.

It did seem weird that the soldiers had not found us, and we retreated deeper into the tunnel since we had already mined out all the spirit stones that were near the entrance just in case.

I had also formed 7 of my meridians and used a large number of spirit stones in the process. The process of forming the meridians wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Ever since entering the realm of Meridian Forming, all the qi that I absorb is similar to the thick, viscous liquid that the qi whirlpools ground all my qi into.

When I filled up one of the locations here the qi whirlpool used to be, it would just become one large, round ball of gooey qi. I'm not sure if this is the final form of the meridians that we are supposed to form, but once this large, round ball is formed, the qi in my body would stop trying to gather in that area and go somewhere else.

...

With each section we mined, we would slowly go deeper and deeper into the tunnel. This tunnel has to lead somewhere, but nobody is complaining since the deeper we are able to go, the more spirit stones we can mine out. The cultivation of Hades has increased quickly.

Only several months have passed since I taught them the cultivation technique which I named "Spring". This is because this cultivation technique gives a person powerful piercing capabilities, due to its focus on the limbs of the human body.

Everyone who practised this cultivation technique has obtained superhuman strength in their limbs and can punch or kick out several times their weight. When combined with the staff, they can quickly attack and use the staff as a pole to vault over great distances if they need to escape.

This technique will allow them to develop seven qi whirlpools, and subsequently, seven meridians. While it is actually easier for me to create cultivation techniques that create more meridians, I do not want them to be captured by other cultivators because they have a cultivation technique that is too valuable.

As a result, I determined that a cultivation technique with seven qi whirlpools would allow them to be powerful enough to pull their own weight and not be hunted down by other cultivations.

While everyone in Hades seems to be happy, being able to cultivate and become stronger, I was not happy at all. I missed my family and this is not the life I want! While I am busy every day and getting stronger quickly since I have so many spirit stones to aid my cultivation, it always felt like something is missing.

Sometimes the system would urge me to accept one or two disciples, but I always ignored it since there was nobody here that caught my eye. Everyone here is a victim of circumstances and they are all average.

My enemy is General Ling and people that are strong enough to destroy the Shang family. If I accept any of these people as my disciple, they would all undoubtedly die.

However, the appearance of my grandfather changed everything.

...

Almost a year has passed since the events at Lu Wang city. At first, I hoped that my father would come and bring me home and constantly yearned for him. But after waiting for a few months, I grew depressed and realized that if General Ling dared to frame me as a traitor, he must have made enough plans to make it stick at least for a bit and it would take a bit of time for my father is clear our names.

As a result, I started to focus on getting stronger and decided to grow Hades as my own army. I taught them <Instant Blink>, <Cloud Treading Steps> and <Zap Punch> so that they would get stronger. I also made them partner up with each other and told them to fight each other every day.

At first, they were just having fun with each other, but I forced them to punch harder and throw insults at each other. The fights soon became real and if the fight turned into a brawl, I would punish both of them harshly and soon everyone became skilled fighters.

I then made them fight in groups, and the person who they have been insulted and beating up became their best friend. At first, they protested but I started to beat whoever disagreed and eventually, the two people who were beating up each other and insulting each other daily became best friends.

Since everyone was roughly of the same strength, nobody died or got seriously injured. The hunters also got stronger and could hunt weak spirit beasts right now, so our food problem disappeared.

Soon, the temperature dropped and it meant that winter was coming. But before winter could arrive, an old bearded man found our base. He strolled into our base like it was his backyard and nobody noticed his intrusion. He walked as if he had the layout of our base at the back of his palm and entered my tent.

Since you cannot enter a tent without making any noise, I quickly turned around once I heard the tent's entrance moving and looked at this stranger entering my tent. The old man had sharp eyes and exquisite features, making him look really attractive for someone of his age. His eyebrows and hair are completely white and he also has a long white beard.

Just like the majority of old men in this world, he is also wearing a robe. Perhaps I will introduce some new fashion trends to this world. I am getting sick of how everyone wears nothing but robes.

"Shang Shi?" He says.

The second I hear my name coming out of his mouth, I execute instant blink and try to punch his gut!

*PAK* the sound of my fist hitting flesh sounds out loudly.

He caught my punch with his bare hands?!

"Not a bad decision, but I am not your enemy Shi er." The old man calmly says, as if I was not a threat to him at all.

I quickly pull my fist out of his grasp and jump backwards. If he can catch my punch, he should be a lot stronger than me. Unfortunately, there is only one entrance to the tent and if I have to escape, that is the only way out.

"I am your grandfather Shi er. My name is Meng Xiu Feng. I also have a title which is Meng Dao and your mother, Meng Zhi Rou, is my daughter." The old man said slowly.

Chapter 97 – Grandfather

"My grandfather?" I blurt out in surprise.

Meng Xiu Feng is looking at me with a gentle smile while nodding his head and says "Why aren't you calling me grandfather since you know that I am your grandfather?"

I relax my stance and lower my guard since he will not attack me as long as he is trying to be my grandfather. I look at him and say "I don't know you. I've never seen you before in my entire life."

His smile freezes immediately and he makes a sad expression as he says, "Your mother left the family to protect you...If I visited you, it would have wasted all of your mother's effort to separate herself from the family. Here, I have a letter that your mother wrote to me, you should recognise her handwriting and seal right?" He shakes his hand and a letter appears in his hands.

A space ring!

This world has space rings! I stare at the space ring in shock.

Meng Xiu Feng sees my shocked expression as he passes me the letter and says, "This is a spatial ring. It can hold things that have no life in them and is hard to get but not impossible for powerful cultivators. This is because only meteorites can be fashioned into a spatial ring and meteorites always seem to fall on our world. Powerful cultivators can also pull some meteors towards our world if they need to fashion a spatial ring. If you want one, I can give you one later."

I nod and take the letter from his hand and read it.

The letter seems to be written by my mother and she is asking her parents for their help, pleading with them to come and search for me. In the letter, my mother writes that our family has been framed and are definitely not rebelling against the Empire.

However, my father is unconscious and has not woken up yet. As a result, she is unable to leave my father's side and search for me since she also has to take care of my siblings. The useless elders of the Shang family are also unable to come to a decision and does not wishes to send out people to look for me, in case they offend the emperor since nobody can tell them what happened.

At the bottom of the letter, my mother's unique seal which is a mix of the Shang family symbol and her favourite flower is stamped and the seal signifies that she wrote the letter. The letter also states that the most likely place where I have escaped to is the spirit forest and asks her parents to search in the spirit forest for me.

While I was reading the letter, Meng Xiu Feng was talking about how he has been searching for me in the spirit forest for more than six months. He was also the reason why the soldiers had not found us.

My grandfather said that my grandmother was supposed to come along as well after reading the letter, but they could not both leave since the family would get suspicious if they both left the same time.

The Meng family is a hidden family on the continent. Meng Xiu Feng explains that Hidden families are families that have grown too powerful and is seen as a threat by the royal family and as a result, has to hide to avoid the royal family from taking measures to weaken or completely exterminate them.

There are many hidden families on this continent and most of them are the leaders of the Society of the Heavens. The Society of the Heavens is an organisation formed by the hidden families to safeguard their interests and eventually, topple the empire if possible. In other words, they are all rebels.

Since they all rebels and constantly run the risk of being found out by the Empire, they have many rules to restrict the freedom of their family members to ensure their safety. After all, it is better to have an angry child than a dead child.

The relationship between the hidden families and the rest of the Empire is also not hostile. This is because all of the powerful families are aware that they too, might become the next "hidden family" and therefore will not become hostile against them as long as they do not reveal that they are a member of a hidden family in public. Since then, these hidden families have created branches as merchants to get news and slowly integrate themselves back into the empire.

Meng Zhi Rou did not want her children to live like she did or become rebels the second that they are born, so she had to create a plan that would cause her family to exile her from the family.

After persuading his wife to stay at home and that he will protect their grandson, he quickly flew towards the spirit forest as fast as he could. The journey from their home to the spirit forest took him about a month and when he arrived, he noticed that there were soldiers stationed at each and every possible path that leads in or out of the forest.

Since the presence of soldiers and the fact that they blocked the forest off meant that they were hunting someone or looking for something in the forest, Meng Xiu Feng grew excited because he knew that his grandson was still alive!

None of the soldiers left behind by General Ling could stop him. All of the soldiers were too weak! All he needed to do was to swing his sword a few times and he would be able to destroy the guard stations that the soldiers had built.

It took him two weeks to completely kill all of the soldiers guarding the forests, but it took him much longer to navigate in the forest and search for the soldiers. This was because he too was having trouble with the numerous spirit beasts and the powerful spirit beasts that migrated over from the middle of the forest.

The spirit beasts have also somehow created a chain of command, where the stronger spirit beast would command the weaker ones and they were battling for territory constantly, making it much more difficult to search in the forest.

Just like how I used the trees to hide from the soldiers, the soldiers were using the trees to hide from him and the spirit beasts! After all, there was no point to kill all of the spirit beasts in the forest. The soldier's target was only one, and it was me.

It took Meng Xiu Feng more than two months before he found me since he constantly got lost in the forest and had to kill all of the soldiers he met. Even now, he was unsure if he had killed all of the soldiers in the forest and there might still be a few groups of soldiers looking for me in the forest.

After reading the letter and listening to Meng Xiu Feng telling me about how much effort he spent looking for me, I looked at him and said with a wry smile, "This letter does not prove that you are my grandfather. This letter is indeed written by her but you could be someone that my grandparents sent or a thief who stole the letter."

Meng Xiu Feng face grew gloomy since he wanted to be recognised by his grandson. Which grandparent did not want their grandson to recognise him and like them?

I am now framed as a rebel, and the Meng family are a family of rebels. Unless I want to be rebels, I should not join the Meng family easily.

I look at Meng Xiu Feng and said, "It does not matter if you are my grandfather or not right now, but what are you going to do now that you have found me?"

"Do you want me to join the Meng family and rebel?" I asked him with a calm and steady voice.

Chapter 98 – The Beginnings

Meng Xiu Feng let out a soft sigh and said, "No, not at first."

"Children should have fun and not be worried about the matters of adults. Unfortunately, the children of the Meng family have no choice but to live their lives as rebels. When your mother begged us to help her leave the family, we were reluctant at first since it would be extremely difficult for us to see her again. However, we understood what we wanted for her children and could only help her, since it would mean that you would have a better life." He said while thinking of the past.

"But now, things have changed. It does not matter if you had really planned to rebel or not, because the fact is that right now, you are a rebel! Since this group of people has accepted you, they too will become rebels and the army will kill them on sight!"

"Since my grandson is now a rebel, why not just join the Meng family? We can provide you with more resources and help you train this group of people! Furthermore, your parents will not be so worried about you, since you will be with us and I will not let any harm befell you!" Meng Xiu Feng said confidently.

"My father was also called a rebel by General Ling when we were escaping, is he wanted by the Empire too?" I asked with concern.

Meng Xiu Feng frowned when he heard me talking about my father and he said, "Yes. When I left to search for you, he was placed under house arrest. All of his loyal subordinates and the people who travelled with you are in jail, waiting for your father's trial as his accomplice."

"The only reason why he was not thrown in the jail and is given a chance at a trial is that he is a member of the Shang family and that an elder of the Quan Zhen sect has been by his side. You should know by now that his trial will not be a proper trial. It will be a contest of power between the Shang family, and those who want to bring the Shang family down a notch. If the Shang family does not want to save your father, your father and all of his subordinates will be sentenced to death without a doubt."

"Even your mother and your siblings will be executed along with him. However, if he is found guilty, it is unlikely that the Empire will order for the execution of the Shang family. The Shang Family is a huge and powerful family, and members of the Shang family hold many important posts in the Empire right now. If the Empire decides to execute the entire Shang family, many important government bodies will immediately stop running properly until they can find capable people to replace them."

"Since the Empire is running an operation to search for and to kill rebels across the entire continent right now, they will not cause an internal conflict. It is also unlikely that the Emperor is not aware of General Ling's plot and it will be surprising if he executes the entire Shang family just because of General Ling. Therefore you should join the Meng family! Once the family sees value in you, they will assign you your own force since you are my grandson!"

"Your grandmother should also be discussing with the family elders and planning on how we can bring them to our side once things starts looking bleak during the trial. While your Shang family is powerful, never forget that there are always others are just waiting to replace you at the top!" Meng Xiu Feng calmly analyzed what is happening at home for me, while suggesting that the best option for me right now is to join the Meng family.

My heart freezes when I hear Meng Xiu Feng talking about how my family will get executed and that he will not get a fair trial. I understood during the disciple selection that the Shang family is but one of the four powerful families in the capital.

There are other cities and many more provinces with families that are almost as powerful as the Shang family. it is possible that they might group up together to bring the Shang family down a notch since the Shang family has fingers in almost every industry and government body right now.

I look at Meng Xiu Feng and ask "If I join the Meng family and my father is found innocent, can I quit the family?" I say worriedly. All I wanted to do was make sure that my family can be saved if my father was found guilty that I could not express myself properly anymore.

Meng Xiu Feng looked at me and laughed.

"Once you join the family, you will be subjected to the family rules. You cannot join or quit whenever you wish. Once you join the Meng family, you will take part in our operations against the Empire. We are rebels and we actively carry out operations to hurt the Empire, therefore, you cannot quit whenever you want, as you will be exposed to confidential information. The only way you can leave the Meng family is when you die or if the family expels you." Meng Xiu Feng says solemnly.

"I...I do not want to become a rebel if possible..." I say softly which shows how uncertain about my answer since I know that once my father is found guilty, I will do everything I can to save my family...Even if it means becoming a Rebel...

Meng Xiu Feng looks disappointed after hearing my answer. He tries to change the subject so that it does not become too depressing and curiously asks "What are you going to do with this group of people?"

"I...don't know...They are all people who have been framed as rebels like me, and escaped from the army's slaughter...Right now, I am just teaching them how to cultivate and some martial arts, but you can see that they are not really strong..." I answer him sadly.

There is no need to hide anything about these people from Meng Xiu Feng. It is more or less confirmed that he is my grandfather and I just have to wait for my parents to confirm it.

Meng Xiu Feng expression turned grim immediately.

"You are turning a group of rebels into cultivators?" he says in shock.

"Were you going to start your own group of rebels?!" he says loudly.

"Not really...I was just training them in case the soldiers found us..." I tell him so that he would not get a heart attack.

"Since you are making all of them cultivators...There is a way you can take to get stronger!" Meng Xiu Feng said excitedly.

I look at him with a confused expression as he continued explaining himself.

"You can found a sect! The empire will not bother you if you are creating a sect since the empire has never bothered with the politics that the immortal sects engage in since it cannot afford to offend any of them.

However, it might be dangerous since the immortal sects might attack you if they feel that you are bringing shame to you or just dislike you..." Meng Xiu Feng says excitedly.

"Wait, you mean that the Society of the Heavens does not train cultivators?" I ask curiously.

Meng Xiu Feng scratches his head awkwardly and says "No. Besides the people from hidden families like ours, almost everyone in the society is ordinary people. Our cultivation techniques are a family secret and we cannot teach our cultivation techniques to other people. None of the other families is willing to teach others their cultivation technique as well..."

I understand now. It's no wonder why the Society of the Heavens will never overthrow the Empire no matter how hard they try!

I look at Meng Xiu Feng and say confidently, "I will establish a sect! My own sect!"

Chapter 99 – The Sixth Immortal Sect

Meng Xiu Feng looks pleased with what I said since he has a big smile on his face right now.

"While it is disappointing that you're not joining the Meng family, I am glad that you do not want to become a criminal...Anyway, if you want to set up a set, there are several things you need to consider besides the name of the sect." Meng Xiu Feng spoke slowly while stroking his beard, like an older teacher teaching his student.

"First, you need a base for your sect. it will be hard to build one on your own, so you should just snatch a city away! Right now, all of the cities in the Empire are weak due to how they are executing the majority of the population in the cities."

"For example, the Lu Wang city that you just escaped from only has the Xie family right now! It will be a piece of cake to take over the entire city and call it your own!" Meng Xiu Feng said excitedly.

I froze in horror when Meng Xiu Feng suggested that we return to Lu Wang city and take over the city.

"Why are you trying to make me attack one of the Empire's cities? Didn't you say that you are glad that I don't want to become a rebel?! Wouldn't the Empire retaliate if I attack one of their cities?" I ask in shock.

"No! This is the interesting point of how the Empire deals with the Sect's politics! As long as you claim that you are a Sect, the empire will not do anything to you! This is because the Immortal Sects will be the ones who will deal with you!"

"Why do you think there are only five immortal sects in the empire? It's because the immortal sects will take care of any sects that dare to threaten their prestige with force! Even if you run around the Empire, conquering their cities and killing all of their citizens, the Empire will just wait until the Immortal Sects come to take care of you!" Meng Xiu Feng said confidently.

"Aren't you sending me to my death by suggesting that I establish my own sect?!" I ask angrily!

"No! Let me tell you about the continent and its past." Meng Xiu Feng started talking like an old teacher once more.

"The continent where the Empire is on is called the Sword Continent and this is because the continent is roughly shaped like a small sword. There are six habitable peaks with a stronger concentration of qi. Hmm, now that I am talking about it, the concentration is Qi on these mountain peaks is only a little bit higher than the concentration of Qi in this forest. If this forest wasn't the habitat of so many powerful spirit beasts, this could be a good location to set up your sect."

"But anyway since there are six peaks, there should be six immortal sects. But there are only five Immortal Sects today! This is because the sects not only control the Empire in the shadows but also take upon the role as guardians of the Sword Continent!" Meng Xiu Feng said as he gets louder since he is almost nearing the climax of his story.

"Thousands of years ago, an immortal treasure was born here and it attracted the gaze of many strong people overseas. They cast their greedy gaze here and multiple parties attacked the Sword Continent. The six immortal sects defended the Sword Continent and the Immortal Treasure with all their might, and many lost their lives. In the end, the leaders of one of the immortal sects decided to steal the immortal treasure and move to another continent." Meng Xiu Feng said with sorrow.

After a brief pause, Meng Xui Feng continued speaking. He said softly, "This event caused the attacks on the Sword continent to stop, but also enraged the other five immortal sects. In their rage, the five immortal sects sent out an order and smashed everything that the sixth immortal sect left on the Sword Continent. Ever since that day, the sixth mountain peak of the Sword Continent has been left uninhabited, and has been a weak spot in our defence against foreign enemies."

"I only know about this because I read about this in the Meng family's library. As far as I know, the five sects have taken the responsibility to guard the area of the sixth mountain peak right now and many of the immortal sect's elders are frustrated at how they have to guard this area when they are not getting any benefits at all."

"It seems like as long as you are able to create a sect that they can trust with the mountain peak, they will push you towards it even if you are not strong enough to guard it well."

"Of course, you will then have to negotiate about the territory that you will receive once you take over the mountain peak and will probably not receive much. But it is still better than all of the cities in the Empire if you really want to set up a sect. There are several requirements that you have to meet if you want to have their acknowledgement."

"The first is that you have your own cultivation technique that will be taught to your disciples. This cannot be the cultivation technique of the Shang family and it seems like you have taught them a weird cultivation technique."

"I recall the Shang family's cultivation technique will result in a balanced body, but the limbs of these people seem to be more powerful than their body. The next is that you should have a sizable amount of disciples because a sect must constantly accept disciples and foster the young."

"Remember that one of the duties of a sect on this continent is to help fight back foreign invaders. And the last requirement is that you are rich enough to sustain the sect. none of the sects is willing to be your babysitter so they will just stop you from establishing a sect if you do not meet any of these requirements." Meng Xui Feng said while nodding his head.

"It seems like...I have already met all of the requirements?" I said as I make a weird expression since I was never planning on establishing a sect until a few moments ago.

"Well, you do not seem to be able to feed your sect since you are lacking money and spirit stones, but everything should sort themselves out once you take over a city and establish your base." Meng Xui Feng said casually.

"Can you tell me what cultivation technique you taught to these people?" Meng Xui Feng asked curiously before I could tell him that he is standing on top of a spirit stone mine right now.

"I taught them a cultivation technique I created myself for them. The cultivation technique is called Bdent. As for money to buy food, you don't have to worry. Right now, you are standing above a spirit stone mine." I decided to name the cultivation technique which I had created after the weapon that gave me the inspiration for its cycle and tell Meng Xui Feng confidently with a smile.

Chapter 100 – Spirit Stone Mine

Meng Xui Feng is shocked when I tell him that we are standing on top of a Spirit Stone mine.

"What? Did you just say that we are standing on a spirit stone mine?" He asked in doubt.

"Your hearing is fine. We are indeed standing on the top of a spirit stone mine." I say to clear his doubts.

Meng Xui Feng stands walking left and right, mumbling softly to himself. It seems like he is thinking about something so I just watch him with a wry smile.

Soon he stops and looks at me with a serious expression and says, "We must find a way to keep this spirit stone mine! If you do not want the mine, then you can give it to the Meng family! You must never ever let the Empire or the other sects know about this! Once they find out, the consequences will be unimaginable!" Meng Xui Feng says with a serious expression.

"We don't intend to share this spirit mine at the moment. In fact, we are trying to mine out the entire spirit mine as soon as possible, but we do not know how deep the spirit mine extends right now..." I tell Meng Xui Feng nonchalantly since I doubt that they can do anything once we have mined out the entire mine.

"No no no. You must tell everyone here to never speak a word of this spirit mine as well! in fact, you should kill anyone who you cannot trust to keep their mouth shut!" Meng Xui Feng says with conviction.

"Even if you have mined out the spirit stone mine completely and have used all of the spirit stones that you have mined, the immortal sects and the empire might just attack you out of anger or jealousy! You must understand that the Empire and the Immortal Sects have already come to an understanding regarding the ownership of the spirit stone mines on the continent, and they might just accuse you of stealing from them!"

"Remember, righteousness is just words and justice merely means that the other person has a stronger first than you in this world! In simple words, righteousness and justice are shit! In this world, no matter how right you are, how high your moral ground is or how justifiable your actions are, it all means shit if you are dead!" Meng Xui Feng says seriously.

"If you lose an argument, just kill him and you win the argument! If you are in the wrong, just kill him and say you are right, and you are right! If you are caught doing something wrong, just kill the people who caught you, and walk away with your back upright and what you are doing is right!" Meng Xui Feng finishes his speech about how messed up the world is and looks at me, as if waiting for me to say that I understand what he has said.

I look down in sorrow and say, "I understand...Ever since that day...I understand this completely..."

Meng Xui Feng looks at me and sighs, "I heard about what you have been through...I guess that boy called Mo Di has passed on? Do not grieve now, because the time to grieve is when you have avenged him."

"People say that when you wander in jianghu, you are lonely and unruly. Yet jianghu is where the stories of brotherhood originate from and where you would find people who would die for you."

"In the court and in the commercial world, where are the brotherhood and the loyalty that everyone seeks? Why is it that only stories of traitors are set in the court and stories of merchant families only tell of brothers fighting amongst themselves for the inheritance..."

I look up at Meng Xui Feng and nod.

"You are right. Besides I need to stronger. Strong enough to walk into the capital with my back straight up, and free my father and my family if he is found guilty." I say with conviction.

Meng Xui Feng smiles and says, "Yes! Nothing matters more than your personal strength! An army like this can also be considered your personal strength, but you must remember to always focus on yourself first because a person like me can still easily take your life if I want to!"

"Ah! Can you tell me about the cultivation states after I have formed my core? Also, what is the core and how do I form it?" I ask with scratching my head, feeling awkward asking about the cultivation realms in this world since everyone I asked is shocked that I do not know about it.

Meng Xui Feng straightens his back again and starts stroking his beard. It seems like he has entered his "teacher mode" again.

"Hmm, that is an interesting question. Our core is where all our qi rests and becomes central to our cultivation once we have formed it. It is not really a pill or a ball, but just an empty hollow space where all of our qi is stored in our body. Many people claim that cultivation is the path towards becoming a god because we seem to create new organs as we cultivate. From the realm of body formation to the realm of meridian forming, we are creating pathways for qi to flow and eventually, meridians which act as a node that can store and expel qi."

"Since we can expel qi from our meridians, this also allows us to execute mystical techniques and makes us capable of using more power than normal humans should be able to. Once we have constructed our meridians, in order to store more qi, our body develops the region that we call the "Core" which can store a much higher amount of qi." Meng Xui Feng explains as he thinks about how to answer my questions coherently so that I can understand and will not become more confused or take a wrong path in my cultivation.

However, listening to he speaks about the core, I finally understand that the core is the dantian. The dantian has been translated into many things on earth. It is called the elixir field, the sea of qi, or the energy centre in various languages, but they all have the same purpose, which is to store qi.

In Traditional Chinese Medicine, we have three dantian. The lower dantian should be what is referred to as the Core in this world.

Meng Xui Feng looks at me nodding and understands that I have understood what he said so he continues his lecture.

"Once we have formed our core, we will finally be able to fly because we will finally have enough qi in our body to push ourselves off the ground. At this realm, however, it is not true flight and more like jumping up really high, and then gliding around."

"The next realm, however, will allow us to achieve true flight. The next realm is the Origin realm. This is called the origin realm because we will not develop new organs anymore. In the origin realm, we will develop our spirit, and to achieve this realm, you just have to fill up your dantian and you will experience a painful transformation, where all your qi is exhausted to develop the origin cortex and your third eye."

"Once you have entered the Origin realm, you can be considered a pseudo-immortal, since you can see the mysteries of the world and explore them, as well as understand them." Meng Xui Feng says with pride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 14.2K 42
"You're just my tool. Know your place." It's her duty to follow her master's command. Even at the risk of injuring herself or losing her mind. It's...
9K 386 66
A dragon. A girl. A deal sealed in blood. Lightning flickered over the dragon's onyx scales. "You will have to walk through fire and death. You will...
53.9K 4.4K 200
Yasenia is a child born different from the rest, her mother, Tatyana, used an ancient technique she found to absorb the world's energy to get pregnan...
162K 8.9K 78
[My given name is Rein Nett but you can just call me System, Host. ^^ Since we were both sent to this world at the same time, I decided to latch onto...