Scarlet (Little Red)

By QuinnCatcher

Scarlet Hood is a normal human who happened to be the heiress of one of the largest dessert franchise in Euro... More

Once Upon A Time Series
Introducing Little Red
Little Red
I. Grandma's House
II. The Strange Man
III. Raoul Handsome
IV. Fool
V. First Purchase
VI. To Reproduce
VII. Independence
VIII. Exception
IX. The Hood's Family
X. Dear Santa
XI. White Rabbit
XII. A Christmas Rose Stained Red
XIII. What Belongs to Him
XIV. No-Force Bonding Law
XV. The Facility
XVI. Little Red
XVII. Unexpected Meeting
XVIII. The Pain of the Heart
XIX. An Unbattle Battle
XXI. Once a Fool, Always a Fool
XXII. Favors
XXIII. Drenched in Memories
XXIV. Family Business
XXV: Taking Over the Family Business

XX. Color Me Green

1.2K 82 37
By QuinnCatcher

Raoul had never thought he could feel pain as he does now. The throbbing inside his ear was increasing, deafening all his senses. The tears refused to listen to his command as it continued flowing until he heard the car slammed shut as Scarlet left him.

She left him...without a battle.

A fire lit within Raoul as he scrunched his hands. With pure force, he punched the brick wall - revealing a hole that matched his heart. He didn't know what to do except create another hole...another...and another.

His mate stood there, witnessing the whole scene, unable to speak nor can she look away from the one destined for her. Slowly, she walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his waist, stopping him from hurting him. She closed her eyes, inhaling his intoxicating scent. "I'm sorry," she whispered, knowing he was in pain.

"I don't want you," he mumbled, feeling the electric flow between them.

She smiled, soaking his shirt with her tears, "I know"

Her grip tightens on his waist, "...but I still want you."

After Raoul calmed, his mate took him into the building. As he sat there, he gazed at her while she wrapped the bandage around his bleeding fists. Their ears listening to the ticking time clock. "What's your name?" Raoul asked.

Her lips twerked into a slight smile, "Lyla...My name is Lyla," she spoke in barely a whisper.

More silence.

"What...place is this?" he asked, remembering being taken here but he doesn't exactly know where he was located.

"You're in the SilverStone Pack."

She glanced up at him, as his eyes scanned the dulled room. "We aren't the strongest pack but...its nice here," her voice was still soft...comforting.

"I see," he responded.

Lyla tucked away the first aid kit, and began tapping her nails on the metal box. "Are you going to leave?"

His eyes traced towards her, "Yes."

"What if I asked you to stay?"

There was a knock on the door, disturbing their conversation, not allowing Lyla and Raoul to complete their conversation. The door popped open, and a woman step inside. "I umm I was concerned seeing blood so umm is everything okay?" she said, smile dimly at Raoul.

Lyla pushed back her rolling chair and stood up, tucking a strand of hair back. "Raoul...This is my younger sister Charlotte...Charlotte...This is Raoul."

Lyla stood next to Charlotte, and Raoul noticed their physical appearance were somewhat similar, but not too much.

Another knocking on the door disturbs their silence, and Raoul looked over to see a stunning tall man walked inside. The corner of his lips tugged up into a smile, "You must be Raoul." He extended a hand, "My name is Drake, future Alpha of SilverStone." He smiled brightly, eyes gleaming towards Charlotte who giggled and walked towards him.

He hung an arm over her shoulder. "You must have met my mate, Charlotte."

Raoul nodded, then the silence began lingering in the air. Drake scratched his head. "So, you're Lyla's mate?"

Silence.

Lyla began playing with her thumbs. "Y-Yes...He is my mate," she stuttered, feeling the pounding inside her chest as Raoul's eyes dropped to the floor.

Drake bit his upper lips as his eyes drifted from one person to another, still attempting to smile. "Uhhh...So, Charlotte and I are going out for uhhh dinner. Do you guys want to join?"

Lyla stared at Raoul who seemed to be in his own little world. Her nail dug deeply into his flesh as she gathered up all her courage. She refuses to lose her mate to another woman, particularly since she had been waiting for him...for far too long. "Yes, we would love to go to dinner with the both of you," she spoke in what she deemed as a confident voice.

Meanwhile, Scarlet was pressing her forehead against the glass window as her eyes burned. She ran her finger across her nose and sniffed.

The driver glanced at the rearview mirror. "Where to Miss Scarlet?" He asked since they had been driving in circles.

"Just drop me at the nearest hotel," she mumbled.

After ten minutes, the driver pulled over. He got out of the car and jogged to the other side, opening the door for her. Scarlet stepped out, her head still hung low, as she continued walking towards the hotel.

Not watching where she was walking her shoulder brushed against someone else and she tumbled to the floor. "Are you okay?" the same sweet voice asked from earlier.

She looked up, seeing familiar orbs. "I'm so sorry...again," she said, feeling the blood roaming up her cheeks. She remembered the man standing in front of her, how he helped her earlier despite her vulgar appearance.

He laughed then held out a hand, "No need to apologize. We all have our rough days," he said.

Scarlet held his warm hand as he helped her stood up.

Once she stood up, he gracefully released her hand, embarrassingly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Once in sight, Scarlet noticed how defined and roughed his features were as if he dealt with a much rockier life than anyone she had ever met. He smiled, twinkling eyes scrunching downward, attempting to uplift the sorrowful atmosphere around her.

Her brows twisted, insanity finally decreasing, "I'm sorry, but have we met before?"

He burst out laughing, in the middle of the hotel lobby, "Are you really picking me up?"

Her cheeks burned, "No!" she quickly denied, "You just look really familiar...Plus, I don't think I'm strong enough to pick you up," she mumbled, scratching her head lightly.

He gasped exaggeratedly. "Are you calling me fat?!"

Quickly, Scarlet shook her head, "No! No! You look great! Sexy!" she screamed, feeling her cheeks glowing with embarrassment.

He grinned, lowering himself until he faced her. "Perhaps...you saw me in your dreams?"

She smiled sorrowfully, "If only the whole thing was a dream."

His teasing smiled dropped, as he noticed the girl mood only dampened, "Where are you heading?" he asked.

She shrugged, "Nowhere really...Just checking in then out tomorrow morning...I guess."

"How about joining me for dinner tonight before you leave?"

She lifted a brow.

"After all, I did help you earlier," he re-visted the memories she wished she can burn.

Hesitantly, she nodded.

"Then, I'll see you down here in an hour." He messed up her hair before he left.

Scarlet stood there, placing a hand over her head, stunned that a stranger would even dare touch her. She watched as the man walked away with pure elegance and power.

"Weirdo," she mumbled, before heading towards the front desk.

Once she booked a room, Scarlet silently sat inside of it. Her back was meeting with the comfort of the fresh blanket while her eyes connected with the ceiling, mind unable to function properly. She didn't do anything except...lay there as the tears refused to stop.

This was exactly why she didn't want to fall in love.

Yes, Scarlet Hood is in love.

Now, she is nothing more than an empty shell.

Once her phone rang, she sat up with a hefty breath exiting her throat. Scarlet was anxious when she left grandma's house - so she forgot to pack...anything.

Her plan was to come get Raoul, then leave. How foolish she was to believe that was the case, how everything will be fixed so simply.

Scarlet called her bodyguard to bring her the spare clothes hidden inside the car, to cover up the red mark clawed into her neck. Her mom was right, always bring spare clothes. Once they arrived, they properly greeted her and left.

Scarlet changed her clothes, then slipped into casual long black boots. Laying her hair to cover her red turtleneck, she shoved her hands into her coat and began walking down to the restaurant.

Standing inside, she gazed at the changing number. "Don't cry...Don't cry...Don't cry," she chanted to herself, then took a deep breath before stepping outside.

Upon entering the restaurant, a man greeted her. "Good Evening"

"I'm here for-" she trailed off, realizing she doesn't know the strange man name.

The man chuckled, "Are you perhaps Miss Scarlet?"

She nodded.

He waved out an arm. "This way please," he said, and she followed him.

Her eyes analyzed the room, seeing many different customers consuming food and drinks. Some were noticeably purely business while others were more personal.

"Mr.Conner had been waiting for you," he said.

Her brows furrowed together - Conner.

Why does that last name sound so familiar?

Releasing a deep breath, she held her head up high and began walking. Scarlet's heart pounded when she saw a pair of amber eyes, surrounded by three other werewolves. Sweats began spilling all over her body as her eyes refused to leave his.

Raoul sat there, staring at Scarlet. His hands scrunched harshly onto the jean of his pant while he tried his best not to swallow. He noticed how her dark boots curved up her slimmed legs and even with the large coat, she looks absolutely stunning as her red lipsticks scaled across her pale features.

Raoul couldn't contain his growl seeing Scarlet settling herself down at the table across from them. Even better, it was in front of a man he saw embracing her earlier. Everyone recognized the change in the silent Raoul but chosen to continued eating despite the awkward atmosphere.

Scarlet shrugged off her coat, trying her best to ignore the glaring stare behind her. "Well it's nice to see you too." Mr.Conner smiled at her, noticing her conflicted nature.

"I'm sorry, but have we met?" Scarlet asked once more unable to brush off the odd feeling whenever she looked at him.

He smiled, "Oh, how rude of me." He rested his chin above his fist. "My name is Sebastian Conner."

Scarlet's eyes snapped open, "The Sebastian Conner?"

"The one and only."

Now she knew why he looked so familiar. There were two reasons, one she had met him before at one of her family party. Two, she learned all about the fourth in command of the legendary Custodes from elementary to high school.

"May I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Are you a pedophile?"

There was a long trace of silence lingering on the air.

"A-A-A p-pedo-what?"

"You know...a cradle robber."

Another trace of silence.

"A-A-A what?" Sebastion question, wondering if he is hearing right.

"Or do you date people your age?"

Sebastian tilted his head, wondering how he should respond.

Scarlet rested her forearm against the cloth table and leaned forward, "But...you look young, so does that make you a gravedigger?"

Suddenly, he cracked into a peal of erupting laughter, echoing inside the quiet restaurant. Scarlet sat there wondering if he will throw her into prison for the disrespect. She was quite curious since her schoolmates talked about the immortal Custodes members all the time.

He sighed, "At my age, anyone I date meant jail time," he said casually, leaning right back with his ankle over his knee.

"Why not date another Custodes member?" Scarlet asked.

Sebastian's left eye twitched momentarily, before composing himself once more. He smirked, "No one wants to date a witch, sweetheart," he said, running his tongue across his dried lips.

Scarlet nodded, as the waiter brought out the food that she does not remember ordering. Sebastian tugged up his sleeves. "I hope you don't mind, but I ordered for us," he said.

She nodded in compliance, not wanting to reject such a dinner.

"So, what's the story between you and that werewolf who looks like he wants to murder me over there?" Sebastian asked, slightly pointing his fork towards the direction behind Scarlet.

She swallowed the piece of steak. "Nothing is between us," she mumbled, vigorously cutting another piece.

"You know...I used to have a friend who fell in love with a werewolf."

Scarlet's body shook, "Oh, really," she mumbled then quickly shoved another piece of steak into her mouth.

He chuckled, then shook his head, "Stupid of her huh. Falling in love with a werewolf, knowing they aren't soulmates."

She felt as if all the power was taken from her body, "Yes, very stupid."

"Want to know the end of the story?"

She looked up and nodded slowly as the soft piano keys danced in the background.

"She left him. She was...afraid that if she doesn't leave him then he will leave her."

Scarlet swallowed and closed her eyes momentarily. Inhaling a deep breath, she continued her meal, "She made the right decision."

"Really? Because I think otherwise."

Her wrists rested to the sides, "Why would you say that?"

"Because she wasn't there when he died. I was." Sebastian poured himself a new cup of wine.

Scarlet waited patiently for his next words, wanting to know the true ending of the story.

Sebastian smacked his lips, tasting the bitter wine. "He died of a broken heart."

"And how would you know that?"

Sebastian's eyes removed from the wine towards Scarlet, seeing her whole body trembled as she scrunched onto the tablecloth.

"If I could turn back time.
If I could have only one wish.
I prayed for the non-existence of soulmates.
Why?
Because there is a difference between the love of your life and your soulmate.

Those were his words."

Tears began trickling down Scarlet's eyes. "What's the difference?"

"One is a choice and the other is not."

He crossed his legs, "He...died the day after his son was old enough to become Alpha and his mate...She-" he inhaled a deep breath, twinkling his nose slightly, "She never forgave herself for asking her to leave. She thought it was her right, to claim him as hers despite the fact that the other woman was there first and his heart belongs to hers."

"How is it possible for a werewolf to fight against something their Goddess implement upon them?"

Sebastian shrugged, "Maybe...they felt a different type of attachment. The world is a weird place, filled with odd creatures."

Scarlet was choking on her tears that she tried to wipe, but it refused to leave. Quickly, she stood up, "Excuse me. I have to use the restroom," her voice was much more broken than she intended.

Sebastian leaned back, noticing a woman standing up and followed Scarlet. He grabbed his wine, and swirled it between his fingers. "Fucking glad I'm not a werewolf."

Her ears listen to the water trickling down the drains. She grabbed a handful and splashed it against her face, feeling the cooling sensation. Her lips trembled and she dropped to the ground, wrapping her arms around her legs.

"I'm okay. You're okay Scarlet. You're okay. You made the right decision," she whispered lowly to herself, wanting to crawl underneath her blankets and allowed the warmth to overtake her body.

Clearing her throat, Scarlet shook her body and wiped her face. She walked back and forth, deepening her breaths to calm herself. A hand on the silver handle, she pushed it down and opened the door to reveal a woman standing on the other side.

Lyla pinched her fingers with her nails as her eyes scanned Scarlet. She chewed on her lower lips, noticing how much more beautiful Scarlet was compared to her.

"Yes?" Scarlet was the first to break the rising tension between them.

Lyla inhaled a deep breath. "Please, stay away from my mate."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 251 30
Elena Crystal, a 17 years old girl with many problem in her life. On her 18 birthday, something happen to her. Something she thought is was just a fa...
3.9M 12.6K 5
A new teacher at school in her senior year makes her life change 180°. The complications that arise with him, with her boyfriend, with everything...
4.6K 153 11
Hood’s dead. She’s been dead for ten years, since the day she turned 16 visiting her grand mother; she was believed to be dead. Her body wasn’t found...
198 4 42
***STORY IS A ROUGH DRAFT*** **No mate bond... No Moon Goddess to believe in... The human falls in love, and the wolf will follow** Celeste Belmonte...