Truth about life

By Writer1498

Scarlett Baker was adopted 7 years ago by the Baker family. It's her interest to find her biological parents... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 21

66 3 2
By Writer1498

“Day, when should we meet to exchange the presents and to give you the present I bought you from Petersfield?” I called Daisy at home as I haven’t given anyone my Christmas presents. Honestly, I hadn’t even opened my luggage. I needed to meet up with Daisy to give her the Christmas present which was a Nina Ricci perfume and that tank top I bought her when I was on ‘vacation.’

“Umm…I’m free today if you want.”

“Perfectly fine for me!”

“Ok, so we’ll meet at the public garden at 5pm?”

“Yes, see you then.”

I hung up. I opened my luggage to get out the presents I had to give my family.

“Here are your Christmas presents!” I chirped as I got downstairs with the bags.

Everyone surrounded me wanting to know what theirs was.

“Oh Scarlett we love everything you gave us!” they all thanked me as the unwrapped theirs.

“I know it won’t cover all the years you’ve been taking care of me but those are my little treats.”

Suddenly everyone gave me a hug which not exaggerating was cutting my breath.

“I-I can’t b-breathe!” I said as they were finally letting off.

 “Even with that beautiful smile you have on your face you cover up all those years. Because Scarlett, only that smile will show us that we made a good job!” dad said like a wise man. Actually, those were the words that dad ever said to me which were so serious and sincere. I never imagined him as a poet.

“I’m smiling because you gave me a chance to do that, if it wasn’t for you who adopted me who else would want me? But I grateful to all the things you’ve done.” I was coming a little teary but I tried to avoid the tears coming out as much as possible.

“Well, who wants to taste the cheesecake I made?” mum said noticing my nostalgic moment.

“ME!” everyone shouted, eager to taste mum’s delicious cuisine!

“Delicious Louisa, delicious!” dad said half licking his plate.

“Well dad, you could give her a kiss!” Lee said spontaneously.

Mum and dad both looked at each other blushing.

“C’mon! Only a kiss won’t hurt anyone!” I encourage dad.

Suddenly me, Lee and Kate were all shouting “KISS HER!” and finally dad, shy as he was kissed mum on her lips. We were a bit surprised as we thought he wasn’t going to do it. Mum and dad sure are a role ‘couple’ model for me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got in a hot shower to get ready for the meeting with Daisy. After drying myself and my hair out with a towel, I changed into some blue denim while I wore a white toggle coat with some black wedge boots. Maybe you’re wondering of how many toggle coats I have but honestly I can tell you I have one of every color, they’re my favorite type! As I dried my hair with the hair dryer, I straightened it and braided my fringe to the side, a different look I always wanted to try, which successfully worked out.

At about 5pm I was waiting for Daisy at the public garden entrance. I waited and waited but Daisy didn’t show up. I decided to call her.

“Hey Day. Where are you? You’ve froze me to death waiting for you!”

“Umm…sorry Scarlett, but I met Will on my way and he wanted me to go and have a drink with him and I couldn’t refuse.”

“Are you serious?! You could have called me!”

“I know, don’t get mad. I tried to call you but it was always telling me that it was switched off or something. I think you didn’t have any phone signal. Then I forgot to call you later.”

“Are you still with him?”

“Yes but he’s talking to a friend of his right now so I moved out when you called me. Are you still mad?” she made a childish voice and if I could see her I’m sure she would be making the puppy face expression.

“Oh, ok. I’m not mad but thank God you have a friend like me who forgives you even after you froze her. I won’t keep you disturbed then. Call me later and tell me what happened.”

“Yeah, I’ll do. And by the way, thank you for that phrase you consulted me last time.”

“Which phrase?”

“The one of the goal keeper and football you know. Maybe Tumblr is right!”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ll tell you afterwards! Bye, call you later!”  

By her words I think she made it! I think she and Will are together but I won’t make any illusions before she reassures me. Well, I wasn’t going to go home. I’m dressed and everything so maybe I should hit the mall.

Yeah the holidays made a big affect on families. The mall was overloaded with people bumping in each other and families looking at shops. I wasn’t going to stay at this frustrated place for sure. But where should I go? I decided I’d got to take some hot chocolate at a coffee shop nearby.

As I was heading to the coffee shop, I felt a rain drop on my nose. And that was when I realized it started raining. I didn’t have any umbrellas on. Unfortunately, those weren’t my favorite friends to hang out with, so I always forget it at home. Suddenly I couldn’t feel the rain drops anymore. I look up and notice an umbrella over my head. When I turn around I see a good looking guy beside me. He had brown hair with brown eyes. He’s quite tall, well-built and he seems in his early 20’s. He was wearing a fitted pea coat with some black skinny jeans.

I just stared at him speechless. Who was he?

“I thought you’d be in need for an umbrella.” He smiled at me which politely I smiled back.

“Umm…hey?” it was supposed to be a statement but unfortunately it turned out to be a question.

“Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself.” He took his hand out of his pocket waiting for my hand to shake it. Politely, don’t know what I was doing I shook his hand.

“I’m Henry, please to meet you.”

“I…I’m Scarlett.” I was still confused. Who was this guy? As I looked around me I noticed we were the only 2 people in the street and we weren’t ideal to be out in this rain.

“I think I have to go home”

“Without any umbrella?” Sure, what a genius he is! I was just going to find an excuse to go.

 “Maybe I’ll wait for it to stop.”

“Yeah, I think better.”

We moved at the side of the street waiting for the rain to stop pouring and I could go home. Yeah, I know, I wasn’t in the mood of going home but I don’t know who this guy is.

“I don’t think you know me.” he said looking at me with a smile.

 “I don’t think I do.” I said doubtly.

“I work as a waiter at the Mc Café. Maybe you have seen me.”

“Well, your face isn’t that new but still don’t remember you. What was your aim to talk to me?”

“I saw you standing there and I thought maybe you’d be in need for an umbrella. That’s all!”

“Yeah I know. But I don’t see a lot of guys to do that. It’s just why did you talk to me?”

“For those reasons. Promise.”

I noticed a familiar woman coming with an umbrella in her hand. As she came closer I could recognize her well. She was Jamie. As she passed near us she stopped in front of Henry, I think that’s what his name is.

“Oh hey Henry. Can you bring me some take away please at home; I have a lot to do.” Surprisingly, she ignored me. I think she wasn’t in the mood of showing off.

“Yeah sure Jamie. Bye!”

“Is she your girlfriend?” the way she talked to him, they seem pretty close. Although, Will is her boyfriend so I don’t know. I’m kind of confused!

“Nah, she’s my younger sister.” Sister? Jamie was the sister of this cute handsome guy in front of me?  Yeah, sure the genes didn’t pass on.

“I know her. We attend college together.”

“Really?! She never mentioned you, I think maybe you aren’t that close friends. Because she has a lot of close friends.”

“Could be. But I don’t think she wants to be my friend.”

“Why?”

“Because practically, she tries to impress me or my friend every time we see her.” Maybe I was too straight forward; I forgot he’s her brother.

 “You’re right, some think of her that way, but once you know her, she’s a kind of a nice girl.” Nice girl? Was this guy serious?

“Well, the rain seems to stop. I can go now.”

“Ok, hope to see you around Scarlett.”

“Yes, Har- Henry. Thank you for sharing your umbrella.”

I quickly got back home, not wanting to be in shelter of another guy. Henry didn’t seem as bad as his sister is, though one thing is sure, he’s handsome.

*************************

Here's the new character! As you can see in the cast, Henry will be playing the role of Asher Book. So tune in to know what'll happen next. Does Scarlett has a secret crush on Henry? Fan/Vote/Comment! Thank you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 4.3K 37
Scarlett Rose doesn't know what to make out of life. All she knows for now is that she wants out. Out from her abusive parents. Out from the stress o...
250K 6.6K 32
Noah Jost has become used to not having a mother figure. Her mother abandoned her at birth leaving her father to care for her. Only to be introduced...
82.2K 2.2K 29
Foster kid runs away, meets famous couple, get adopted, becomes happy Basic Cute And I'm too tired to elaborate So, enjoy this ScarLizzie story Acco...
473K 12.4K 50
After being in an orphanage for most of your life, an awful night turns into your dream life. Maddie had been an orphan since the age of 2 and grew...