I Fell In Love With My Boss W...

By darkeyes9

A young woman named Rachel (Ryan Destiny) living in LA, gets a job as an assistant for one of the most highes... More

First Day At Work
A Day With Steven
A Good Day With An Unexpected Ending
Steven Is A Spy
Leaving Korea
Welcome To Tokyo
Enough
Pay Back Time
Only Fools Fall For Me
Kidnappers and Betrayers
The Man I Would Die For
Leaving Tokyo
A Simple Life
The Wedding
Ending Credits/Cast
Sequel?! 😱😱😱

New Life In Korea

5.7K 77 223
By darkeyes9

I got the job, I got the job. I can't believe I got the job, they read my letters and they accepted me. This job is everything you could have dreamed of. Every job you could manage while being a senior at the University is a good job, but I always knew I could be working at something better. That I could do better than this so, I went thought big about my career in life. My mom was always my biggest supporter my dad got killed while he was in the army when I was 12. So, my mom became the closet to me and wanted to create a bond that I had with my father. My mom is a superwoman because she has done everything for me so, I couldn't wait to tell her about the job. I thought to myself as I got up from my computer desk and grabbed my phone off my bed and started to call my mom.

"Hello?" My mom says

"Mom, I got the job! I am a businesswoman now!" I say excellently jumping on my bed as my mom started to scream on the phone out of excitement.

"I am so proud of you, baby! I am, when do you start working?" My mom asked

"When I come to South Korea. I get to meet him on my first day there." I say dropping down on my bed.

"That's amazing, babe. But South Korea that's too far ." My mom toning her voice a bit.

"I know, but they pay good and I don't have to worry about my flight because it's already paid for. So, I have no choice I have to go there." I say

"When do you leave?" My mom asked

"Tomorrow," I say

"Tomorrow?" My mom asked

"Yeah," I say

"They must be really serious about you being there." My mom says

"I wouldn't think they would accept me you know since I am a different race," I say

"Anything is possible, Nothing is too hard for GOD. He answered our prayers, Am so excited for you." My mom says

"Thank you, mom. I am excited for me too. I will call you before I get to the airport." I say

"Okay, I have to get off the phone because my break is over." My mom says while she chuckles.

"Alright," I said with a smile.

"Goodnight, May GOD protect you and be careful over there. Work hard and you will achieve great things." My mom says

"Thank you, mom," I say with a smile.

"Love you, sweetheart. I will be coming home late tonight so, I won't be up by the time you get up." My mom says

"Alright, I love you too, goodnight," I said before hanging up the phone.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face and took a shower. After, I started to put my clothes into my luggage and some clothes in my small bag. I boiled some eggs so, I won't have to worry about getting breakfast in the morning. Then, I turned off my lamp and went to sleep.

......................

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off, I checked the time and it was five-thirty. I got up from my bed and went inside of my bathroom to brush my teeth and put on makeup. Once, I was done with my face, I straighten my hair and did the ends like loose waves. I started to put my hair and face products and equipment into my small luggage along with my toothbrush. I came out of the bathroom and put on my outfit for the day which was a white silk button-up shirt with black high waisted jeans and white heels. I heated up my eggs and made myself a glass of tropical punch. Once I was done eating, I came inside of my mom's bedroom and saw her sleeping, I went to her side and gave her a kiss on the forehead before heading out the door with all my luggage. My uber was already outside of my apartment waiting for me, he came out of the car and grabbed my luggage and put it in the back for me. I went inside the car and he drove off on the way to the airport. He turned the stereo up and started to nod his head to the beat.

"Where you headed off to?" He asked

"To Korea," I say

"That's going to be a long long flight." He says while chuckling.

"It will be, but it's worth it," I say with a smile.

The drive to the airport was smooth there wasn't much traffic as usual but the ride was good. I gave the Uber driver five stars while we were coming close to the airport. Once we made it, he pulled my luggage out from the back and handed it to me once I got out of the car.

"Thank you. I gave you five stars by the way." I say

"Thank you, I didn't expect that." He says before going inside of his car and driving off.

Here I was at Los Angeles International Airport, with crowed people and lots of foreigners. Once the security was done checking my purse and everything. I put on my shoes and I get a phone call from my mom.

"Hey, mommy," I said in a soft tone.

"Hey sweetie, you at the airport?" My mom asked

"Yeah, you at work?" I asked

"Yeah, just checking up on you because I know once you get on the plane you won't be able to talk to me FOR FIVE DAYS!" My mom says loudly.

"Yeah, I know. I am gonna miss your voice, five days is too long." I say in frustration as I got my purse and things and started walking to the waiting area for my flight to be called.

"Am going to miss your voice too, I love you more than anything in this world you know that?" My mom asked

"Yes, I know. You tell me every day I love you too." I say as I sat down in the seat.

"One last thing, before you go." My mom says

"What's that?" I asked

"Your father would be so proud of you." My mom says and it just warms my heart to hear her mention my father.

"I know, I miss him," I say looking down so, no one would see my tear that fell down my cheek.

"I miss him too, don't go crying on me now. You have a job to attend to, I love you and be safe out there." My mom says making me chuckle, I wiped a tear off my face and inhaled.

"Bye, mom," I say

"Bye, honeybun." My mom says before hanging up the phone.

I sit in silence before my phone goes off again and it was my friend calling.

"Hey, Amanda," I say softly.

"Hey, Rachel. You didn't tell me you were leaving Los Angeles." Amanda says

"I know I totally forgot to tell you," I say

"Forgot to tell me what?" Amanda asked

"I got the job!" I say excitedly.

"NO WAY!" Amanda says loudly almost giving me an ear infection.

"How did you know I was leaving Los Angeles?" I asked

"Your mom just texted me," Amanda says

"Oh wow, that lady right there she can't help herself," I say shaking my head.

"I wouldn't know how to help myself either. You got an amazing job but it's all the way in Korea. I am gonna miss seeing you around." Amanda says making me laugh.

"Am gonna miss you too," I say

"You know you gonna have to leak me up with some cute guys over there, you know that right?" Amanda says making me laugh.

"Oh my gosh, Amanda really?" I said before covering my mouth.

"Yes, Really," Amanda says while laughing too.
The intercom came in and they called my flight number, I quickly grabbed my stuff and walked into the line.

"Was that your flight? I can hear it all the way from here." Amanda asked

"Yeah, that was. I am in line right now." I say

"Am excited for you! I love you with all my heart and I can't wait for what's next in the future to come." Amanda says in excitement.

"Thank you, sis. I love you too." I say with a smile on my face.

"Be safe and don't forget about the cute guys," Amanda says making me chuckle.

"Okay, I won't Bye," I say

"Bye, best friend," Amanda says before hanging up the phone.

Amanda has been my long-time friend ever since I came to school in middle school. We have been best friends we clicked pretty fast too. Our parents knew each other so, she was there for me when my father passed away. We used to go to the same job together but then that's when I started to work two jobs and she didn't get to see me as much as she used to but she understood that I was doing it for my mom.

I was headed onboard and made it into the plane. I looked at the seats trying to find my seat and then I found it. I sat down and put my purse on the seat next to mines, I just started to look out my window as I started thinking about LA and how much am gonna miss this place.

"Is this seat taken?" An Asian tall guy asked, he was wearing a black t-shirt and dark blue washed jeans.

"No, you can sit," I say as I moved my purse from the seat.

"You ever been to Korea?" He asked with a smile on his face once he sat down.

"No, I am going there for this job that I have," I say with a smile.

"That's cool." He says with a smile as he nodded his head.

"My name is Derek by the way." He says with his hand out.

"Rachel," I say while shaking his hand.

"That's a nice name." He says

"Is this your first time going to Korea?" I asked

"No, I am going to visit my family. It's my mom's birthday so, I am going over there to surprise her." He says while nodding his head.

"Aww, that's so sweet," I say

"Yeah so, what type of job are you doing." He asked

"Am working as an assistant for this company called SK Holdings," I say

"WOW, that's a pretty tough job but also one where a lot of people are trying to kill for." He exclaimed

"I bet," I say before we started to go up in the air.

I started to get a bad feeling in my stomach so, I started to look for something to hold on to and then I saw his hand out in the open.

"Can you hold my hand? I don't like planes." I asked looking at him nervously.

"Sure." He says as he put his hand into mine.

"You see we're finally up in the air." He said as he pointed to the window that was next to me.

"That's cool," I say as I exhaled not looking outside of the window.

"Look, the skies are so beautiful." He says making me look out the window.

"Made you look." He chuckled.

"Don't joke around like that, every time I look out the window in a plane I feel like I am gonna fall off," I say after punching his arm and he just starts to laugh making me laugh too.

"Am sorry, I didn't know you were scared of planes. But, if you like we can watch a movie to get your mind off things, how about that?" He says as he flicked through movies on the screen.

"That would be great," I say as I put my head on his shoulder.

Derek is so nice and sweet, I love his sense of humor and it's strange because this is me meeting him for the very first time and I feel like we've already met before. He puts on the movie "Rush Hour" and we were just a laughing mess and it made me feel better knowing that I don't have to worry about falling off a plane. We got to know each other quickly, we talked a lot and joked around with each other. He even taught me some Korean words and what to say when I have conservation with someone. It was a little sad because today was Wednesday and it was our last day together on the plane.

"Good morning," Derek says as he woke me up from my sleep.

"Good morning to you too," I say as I stretched in my seat.

"You slept like a baby," Derek said before he kissed my forehead.

"Am gonna brush my teeth and you will get breakfast," I say as I grabbed my purse.

"Orange juice or coffee?" He asked before I stood up.

"Orange juice," I said before walking to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and straighten my hair again because it started to puff up a little. Black girl hair problems, we have to always manage our hair or else it damages. But our hair is precious, that's why so many people want it. I changed into the same clothes I had on the first I came on the plane after I was done with my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and went back to my seat.

"There you are, you look stunning as usual," Derek says with a smile.

"Thx, I try my best," I said as I got comfortable in my seat.

"Oh, stop it. You are gorgeous, don't let anyone tell you differently." He said while holding my hand.

"That means so much to me, thank you, Derek," I said before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"You deserve it." He said before the waiters came and gave us our breakfast and drinks.

"Am so hungry!" He said rubbing his hands together.

"Me too! Thank you, GOD, for this food that we're about to eat and bless it." I said before I bowed my head to pray.

"AMEN!" I and Derek say in sync. I looked at him surprisingly because I didn't he was listening to me pray.

"You were praying too?" I asked

"Yeah, but then I heard you praying so, I just bowed my head too and didn't say anything." He smiled as he grabbed a fork.

"Oh wow," I said making him laugh.

"That was a nice prayer." He said before he started to dig in.

"Thank you," I say before I started to eat.

..............

"Can you believe it, this is going to be our last breakfast together and then we will be off to our own lives," I say once we were done eating our breakfast.

'Yeah, I know. But I hope this won't be our last time together." He looked at me.

"Yeah, I hope not. We have to see each other again." I said before taking one last sip of my orange juice.

"We will, I will make sure of it." He said as he closed his eyes and put his head back into the seat.

"ATTENTION PASSENGERS, WE WILL BE LANDING DOWN IN TWENTY MINUTES SO, PACK YOUR STUFF AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL YOUR BELONGINGS. IT WAS A PLEASURE FLYING WITH YOU, HOPE YOU HAVE SAFE TRAVELS." The lady on the intercom said before some people started to clap or shout.

"You got all of your stuff?" He asked as the waiter came back to grab all of our garbage.

"Yeah, you?" I asked

"Yeah," Derek says as he laid his head on my shoulder.

Twenty minutes passed by fast and we landed in South Korea, I woke up Derek once I felt that we were landing on the ground.

"We landed," I whispered to Derek.

"Okay," Derek said as he rubbed his eyes.

He just has the cutest raspy voice. He got up first to get his bag from the top and I grabbed my bag once he got everything and started going down in the line with the people coming out of the plane into the airport. It was really quiet, quieter than other airports that I have ever been to.

"Hey, I found you," Derek whispered as he came up next to me.

"You did," I say with a smile. We headed over to the baggage carousel and got our luggage.

"I hope to see you again, bye," I said as I hugged Derek.

"I hope to see you again too," Derek says as he hugged me tighter.

Once Derek and I were done hugging and said our goodbyes. I started to walk towards the front of the airport I see a man in a black suit holding my name up on a name tag and I walked towards him and he sees me.

"Are you Rachel?" He asked

"Yes," I say with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Sam for the Americans but my real name is Saem Soon." He says with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Sam," I shook his hand.

"It will be a pleasure doing business with you. But here let me grab your luggage for you and we will be headed to the car." Sam said as he grabbed my bags from my hands.

"How was the flight?" Sam asked as we walked outside.

"It was good, I met someone along the way." I smiled to myself.

"That's good," Sam said before I went into the car, waiting for him to put my luggage in the truck.

"What do you do for Sehun?" I asked once he got in the car.

"I used to be his assistant but now I am his analyst and if he is absent for a meeting or something I have to be there to represent him. Am his...as we like to call it "Corrector," Sam says

"What do you mean by corrector?" I asked

"When he gives me the paperwork I look to see if there are any incorrect words or sayings that he might have said. I also come with him when there's an important business meeting." Sam says as he started to make his way out of the airport.

"That's impressive. You must be important to him." I smiled as I crossed my arms.

"Of course, am his brother." He smiled

"I didn't know that. That must be cool to work side by side with your sibling," I say while nodding my head.

"It is but sometimes it's annoying." He says making me laugh.

"Do you have any siblings?" Sam asked

"No, am the only child," I say

"Doesn't it get lonely?" Sam asked taking a quick glance at me.

"Yeah, it does but I learn how to get used to it," I said looking at the road.

"Now that's impressive!" Sam exclaimed making me chuckle.

"Yeah." I exhaled

"Where are you from?" Sam asked keeping his eyes on the road.

"Am from Los Angeles." I smiled

"You're far away from home," Sam said

"Yeah, I know it's a bit scary." I smiled nervously.

"Don't worry, after a while you will get used to the city and how South Korea works." He nodded his head.

"Do you speak Korean?" I asked

"Yeoboseyo," Sam says in Korean.

"Let me guess that means hello." I looked at him.

"That's right! Now listen, our boss makes it mandatory that you know how to speak Korean, not the whole language but just enough so, you know how to start a conversation with someone who doesn't know how to speak English well. So, just be ready if he starts to speak to you in Korean first before English." He said looking at me once we made it to the stop sign.

"No problem, I was learning a little bit on the plane with a friend of mines," I said as I started thinking about Derek.

"Alright," Sam says with a smile as the light turns green and he started to drive.

"Am gonna take you to your hotel and make sure you get settled before you meet the boss," Sam says

"Okay," I say once he made it to the entrance of the hotel I was delighted by how the hotel looked, the hotel looked like it cost about billion dollars.

"This place is beautiful!" I say as I looked at the hotel through the window.

"Yes, it is! Oh, just wait you will love the inside." Sam says before he went outside to get my bags from the truck. I took a picture of the hotel real quick before Sam came and opened the door for me.

"Thank you, It sure is chilly out here," I say as I put on my black coat.

"Yeah, it gets colder especially at night," Sam says as we stood still for a bit.

"Let's go inside, I have a time schedule and I hate being late," Sam says making me chuckle as he picked up my luggage and walked inside the hotel with me.

"OKAY, this place right here is the bomb," I say making Sam laugh.

"Do you want me to take the luggage for you, sir?" A man asked Sam.

"Yes, Thank you," Sam says to the man as he grabbed my stuff.

"Don't we have to check-in?" I asked Sam

"That's not how rich people work things, we do everything online so, we won't have to waste any time checking in," Sam says before giving me a wink.

"That's awesome!" I say as we walked inside of the elevators.

"What floor are we headed to?" The man asked

"The penthouse suite," Sam says and I looked at him with a surprised look on my face and he just smiles at me.

"The penthouse suite it is, you know you guys make a lovely couple." The man said

"We're not a couple, I mean I wish we were though," Sam says while looking at me and I just put my head down. These Asian dudes are really trying their best to make me blush.

"Here you are." The man says as the elevator doors opened. I went out of the elevator first and then it was Sam.

"Do you still need help carrying the bags, sir?" The man asked Sam.

"I will handle it from here, thank you," Sam says with a smile before the man bowed his head and went back in the elevator.

Sam opened the door and the penthouse was beautiful, I have my own view of Seoul, a balcony outside and a living room with the TV and the bathroom is so nice and big. It has a big bathtub and a shower. And the bed, I love the bed I have a thing for beds and it's so big literally five people can sleep in it.

"I love Seoul already," I say making Sam laugh.

"I told you, you will love the inside," Sam says as he put my luggage down and stood there looking at me as I was walking around admiring the place.

"You ready to go see your workplace?" Sam asked sitting on the couch.

"I don't even want to leave this place yet," I say in a whiny voice as I dropped down on the bed.

"You will be back soon and plus I made reservations at a certain time when you get back," Sam says coming towards me.

"What reservations?" I asked sitting up looking at Sam.

"Dinner. I know you must be starving." Sam says and I quickly got up from the bed in excitement.

"Yes, I am," I said

"So, let's go. I will give you a tour so you know where to go and to meet your co-workers there." Sam says as held his hand out for me motioning for us to head out.

"Okay," I said as I grabbed his hand and we head out the door.

"Here this is your key," Sam says as he gave me the key.

"Thank you," I say as we went into the elevators down to the lobby.

Sam opened the door for me and we were gone with the wind. The drive was about ten minutes until I saw the building. It was tall and had a few small buildings surrounding it.

"Welcome to SK Holdings," Sam says as we made it to the entrance and there were men waiting outside the ones who take your car and drive around with it until you come back for it. Sam came out first and the man opened the door for me.

"So, this is how it looks in real life," I say to Sam looking at the building.

"Yeah, you will like the inside," Sam says as we walked into the building. There was a coffee and bakery shop next to the registered office.

"We don't have to sign because you're already a member. All you have to do is say am Sehun's personal assistant and they will let you in." Sam says as we kept walking into the third floor.

"This floor is for the workers who collect the money and see what the company gains and losses over time and make sure that no one is stealing from us," Sam says in a soft voice but loud enough so, I can hear. As some people were still working.

"This is the second floor and the workers have to see if any companies want to work with us or sell products but also make sure that their not stealing any of our creativity," Sam says as we walked around the second floor.

"Am hearing the word steal a lot," I say

"Yeah, a company like this has to be really careful about who we give our trust to. It's very important we don't want to ruin our reputation." Sam says as we walked up the stairs to the first floor.

"Now, this is the first floor. Where we both work in and you will have your own office." Sam says as we started to walk towards an office.

"This is your office," Sam says before he opens the door and turning on the light so, I can see.

My office was big and neat. And it has a view of the whole area, I can even see my hotel from here.

"It's nice, I like it," I say turning around to face Sam.

"Let's head over to the boss's office. You two are right next to each other so, if he needs anything he can call you through the earpiece or he will come to your office." Sam says as we walked out of my office.

"This is Sehun's office," Sam says as he unlocked the door and opened the door.

"He has a nice office, it's a nice view of the city. Where is he by the way?" I asked Sam

"He's at an appointment, I think by now he's probably at the gym or at home," Sam says checking his watch.

"But, you will see him tomorrow. We can go back to the hotel now." Sam says with a smile.

"Yes! I am starving." I say in excitement making Sam laugh. We went inside the elevator that was on the first floor.

"I will give you a list of things that my brother likes in the morning and what he would like to be done," Sam says as the doors opened once we made it to the lobby.

"Alright," I say with a smirk.

"Everything will be sent to you through email," Sam says as we made it to the hotel.

"Okay, Thank you so much. I felt so welcomed by you." I say

"No problem, that was my assignment and I just followed through," Sam says with a smirk.

"By your brother?" I asked

"Yeah, he's really big on with people feeling welcomed," Sam says

"I will keep that in mind," I say before opening the door.

"Goodnight," Sam softly smiled he had a nice smile.

"Goodnight," I said before I went into the lobby.

I went into the elevators and made it to the penthouse. Someone was knocking on the door so, I went to go see who it was and it was housekeeping with the dinner that Sam made reservations for. They set it up on the small table that was in front of the TV and then left. I took a quick shower and washed my face after I was done drying myself I put on the robe that was already in the bathroom from the hotel. I put on something to watch and was flipping through channels and realized that they were all in Korean but then I saw that "Seducing Mr. Perfect" was playing and I left it on. I opened the food up and it was steak with white mash potatoes. After, I was done eating I opened my laptop and signed in my email account to see the instructions Sam gave me for Sehun. I checked the time and it just turned ten o'clock. I took the charger out of my bag and charged my phone and then I started to check to see if my mom called me and she did. So, I started to call her back.

"Hello." My mom says

"Hey, mom," I say in a sleepy voice.

"Hey, baby how are you?" My mom asked

"Am good, how are you?" I asked

"Am good, I thought you would be asleep by now." My mom says

"Yeah, I just had to call you before I went to bed. You know how I usually do it with you." I say while my putting my laptop on the side of me.

"Yeah, I know. I miss you so much." My mom says

"I miss you too," I say

"Alright, I gotta go my break just finished but we will talk tomorrow because am off." My mom says

"Okay, Goodnight. I love you." I say

"I love you too, sweetie." My mom says before hanging up.

I put my phone back in the charger and left it on the nightstand and continued to watch the movie until I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 249 9
Hey Loveys!! This is another I hope you all Enjoy!!
2.5K 138 24
When lonely Key hires an English tutor to help him keep practicing, he meets Kathryn, a foreigner. He quickly begins developing feelings, but between...
679 59 19
A young woman Han Yerim from political background gets engaged to a rich businessman Cha Min jae. However, their story takes a different turn when hi...
73.4K 4.4K 58
#1 Ambw ranking! - 10/12/2020 #1 Doctor ranking!- 10/19/2020 Chloe just wanted a simple life. Take care of her father. Hang out with her friend, Sim...