Semper Fi Jieitai: GATE x Mal...

By USTrooper

Ranked #1 #action-adventure 11/23/18 Ranked #1 #warfare 01/30/19 Ranked #1 #gate 05/09/19 You are a US Mari... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Ginza
Chapter 2: Alnus Hill
Chapter 3: First Contact
Chapter 4: Hearts and Minds
Chapter 5: Italica Part 1
Chapter 6: Italica Part 2
Chapter 7: Prisoner of War
Chatper 8: Politics
Chapter 9: Hot Spring
Chapter 10: Ambush
Chapter 11: Drow
Chapter 13: Banquet
Chapter 14: Caesar
Chapter 15: Breaking Point
Chapter 16:The Flame Dragon, Once More
Chapter 17: Showdown
Chapter 18: The Magic City of Rondel
Chapter 19: Blades in the Shadow
Chapter 20: Night Raid
Chapter 21: Piper
Chapter 22: Conference
Chapter 23: And Thus The Marine Fought There
Chapter 24: Homecoming

Chapter 12: Diplomacy

6.5K 100 47
By USTrooper

Kandahar, Afghanistan

Y/N POV:

We're out an a routine patrol approaching an large town, I ride shotgun in the second Humvee with three others behind us. Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" is playing on one of my marine's Bluetooth speaker. Suddenly some shots wiz past our vehicle.

Driver: Contact front!

Y/N: All Victors halt!

All of the vehicles halt

Driver: Why'd we stop sir?

Y/N: That was just some pot shots, they're trying to draw us into an ambush stand by.

Saber: *radio* Crusader this is Saber do you copy, over.

Y/N: This is Crusader 2-1 Actual, send traffic over.

Saber: *radio* Crusader, proceed into town and clear it out, how copy? Over.

Y/N: Solid copy Saber. Interrogative, the enemy could have already set an ambush break...Request permission to bypass how copy? Over.

Saber: *radio* Solid copy Crusader. Negative, proceed into town and clear out all hostiles.

Y/N: Fuck! *slams dashboard* That fucking POG Captain wants to score some glory his first time out.

Driver: What's the call Lieutenant?

I put a call on the radio to the platoon.

Y/N: All Crusader Victors, this is Crusader 2-1 Actual move forward and prepare to engage...Alright Marines, ready up and prepare for contact.

We proceed forward, the first vehicle enters the town. Then a massive explosion send the vehicle six feet in the air, slams into the ground, and it's on fire.

Y/N: IED!!!

Marine: JESUS CHRIST!! THEY'RE BURNING!!!

I look on in horror as the Humvee burns. Time begins to slow down and the song plays it's chorus warped and distorted. The world also starts to become blurry I start to feel like I'm engulfed in flames. I try to brush it off but it won't come off. It starts to burn my flesh and I let out a blood curdling scream.

Y/N: AHHHH!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

Alnus Hill, Y/N Quarters

Y/N POV:

I wake in a panic, hyperventilating, and covered in sweat. It was just a bad dream, but I haven't thought about Afghanistan in a long time. Kuribayashi is woken up by me and is trying to calm me down.

Kuribayashi: Hey, what's wrong?! Calm down!

My eyes are widened and my I'm still hyperventilating, Kuribayashi embraces me resting her head on my shoulder. My breathing starts to slow as I focus on her soft skin against mine.

Kuribayashi: It's alright...just relax, it was just a dream.

Y/N: I'm sorry...I don't want you to see me like this.

Kuribayashi: *kisses Y/N's lips* It's okay, lay back down.

She lays me back down still hugging me.

Kuribayashi: What did you dream about?

Y/N: Afghanistan, *sighs* even in a another world I can't seem to escape that.

Kuribayashi: But that wasn't your fault, right?

Y/N: I know, but those were still my Marines...and I couldn't save them.

I look at my phone it see that it's 0200, we have a mission in four hours to the Imperial Capital. I look back over at Kuribayashi who's already asleep and I'm glad she's in my life. I finally drift off back to sleep.

Time Skip Morning

Y/N POV:

I'm walking  with Kuribayashi to the helipad still feeling groggy but some coffee did help as we near the helipad. I take Kuribayashi aside to talk.

Y/N: Hey, I'm sorry about last night...The night terrors don't happen often but when they do it usually drives people away. It's how  a lot of my relationships have ended, I'll understand if you want to do the same.  

I brace myself for what I though she was going to say but she suddenly cups my face with her hand.

Kuribayashi: Hey, look at me.

I look directly into her eyes.

Kuribayashi: Is that why you asked me if I was sure about us?

Y/N: Yeah, I've got demons in me and my closet is full of skeletons and I don't  want to drag you down Shino.

She cups my face with both hands and gives me a smile.

Kuribayashi: Listen, don't ever think you're dragging me down. In fact I'm happy that you're opening up to me like this. If you ever want to talk about any of that I'll be waiting okay.

She props herself up and kisses me and I kiss her back after a few seconds she breaks it and we head over to the the helipad where some cargo is being loaded into a Chinook. Itami is checking everything with Yanagida and a diplomat named Todo.

Itami: Textiles... dishes and pots and pans and all sorts of kitchen stuff. Oh wow, you even got sake in here. Oh what's "Maker's Mark?"

Y/N: Bourbon, a little gift from the States along with other things. 

Yanagida: I'm pretty sure no one would mind if you went and took one.

Y/N: I might later.

Todo: Um I think I'll mind. All the stuff in these containers are like ammunition and weapons for us diplomats, okay?

Yanagida: Oh are you trying to tell me you've never once skimmed a bottle or two for yourself?

Todo: I'd never do such a thing.

Y/N: *coughs bullshit*

Yanagida unveils a cover to find crates of Alnus gold.

Yanagida: Ah, and this funds the operation.

Todo: Yeah, we managed to collect some local currency from the Alnus co-op. From grocery sales. And now we'll be able to put it to good use.

Yanagida: Should be highly effective in stabilizing and growing a developing country.

Y/N: Or bribing the right politicians.

Todo: Depends on the country, right? This definitely beats strong-arm tactics.

Y/N: Eh, agree to disagree sir.

Yanagida: Yeah, they saw what happened the last timed they threatened us.

Y/N: That body count speaks for itself Lieutenant.

Todo: And that's why you are never going to be and ambassador. We don't need to create any more unnecessary trouble. For now, I'll just focus on getting more peace-minded people to the table.

We get everything loaded as the Chinook revs up and prepares to take off.

Yanagida: Itami, L/N. Make sure it all get through.

Itami: Yeah we got this, okay.

I give him a thumbs up as the ramp closes up we take our seats and the helicopter heads to the Imperial Capital. We get about halfway there when Todo sees something.

Todo: Itami, L/N! on your right!

Two F-4 Phantoms fly on our starboard side and the pilot give us a thumbs up and flies away.

Todo: Now they're leaving.

Itami: Probably just screwing around. Fly boys, they must love it out here.

Y/N: Yeah, fly boys in the Corps or the Chair Force would get a real kick flying out here.

Todo: Uh, Why would you think something like that?

Y/N: No air traffic, and no restricted airspace sir. It's open skies out here. 

Itami: Except for the dragons and wyverns of course.

Todo: Yeah, guess so.

Time Skip Imperial Capital Outskirts

Y/N POV:

We landed on an LZ outside the capital we unpacked every thing and and put on horse drawn carriages and make our way to a rendezvous point with the Pina's knights.

Itami: A little further down we'll be meeting a contact.

Todo: Oh? Is it someone you know from the Capital?

Y/N: Yeah, a knight named Hamilton will be there along with some her subordinates.

Itami: It's just a quick exchange.

We arrive at the rendezvous, Hamilton and two other knights are there and to our surprise Pina is there as well and glad to see us.

Pina: Hello Itami! Sorry for the trouble!

Itami: Hey...no sweat.

Pina: L/N, it's good to see you again!

Y/N: Feeling's mutual Princess.

Todo: And who is this?

Itami: Pina Co Lada, happens to be the third princess of the Empire.

Pina and Itami head over to talk while I handle things with Hamilton and Todo.

Y/N: Okay, so everything is in place I'll be heading to the party with my gifts and Itami will be doing the weapons demo with some senators.

Todo: Right, just listen to Suguwara and you'll do just fine.

Y/N: I cannot believe I got to be the US ambassador for this, again no pressure or nothing.

Todo: By the way how come you get to wine and dine while Itami doesn't?

Y/N: Oh he owes me for sticking me with the bill last night at the tavern. Plus I brought my Blues for this.

Hamilton: We'll arrange a room for you to change L/N.

Y/N: Thanks Hamilton.

Itami give something to Pina an I can see what it is. It's what Risa called "Yaoi" I think the terms is, I don't get but I'm not going to judge. We finish our business and head out to our next destination.

Kurata: Omigod omigod! You heard about it, right, sir? In the Imperial Capital a bunch of beast girls and bird girls too!

Y/N: *pinches bridge of nose* Dear...Fucking...God Kurata, I am going to kill you.

Itami: Yeah?! But I thought you partial into cat girls.

Kuribayashi: You guys are the biggest dorks ever! Cut the chatter!

Y/N: I whole heartily agree. Please shut the fuck up!

Itami & Kurata: NOOO!!

Itami: This is important stuff we're talking about here!

Kurata: Damn right it is!

Y/N: I hate you both.

Kurokawa: Lieutenant, I forgot to mention the children of the refugees from Coda Village stopped by to see us before we left.

Itami: They did.

Kurokawa: Yeah, they wanted to thank us for all the kindnesses we've shown them and they wanted us to know they're glad we brought them here.

I smile at thinking about saving those kids that day Kuribayashi gives my hand a squeeze without anyone noticing.

Kurokawa: Oh! Lieutenant L/N, They wanted to tell you, " Oorah! Leatherneck!"

Y/N: *chuckles* They learn fast,  we'll make Marines out of them yet!

We move closer to the Capital, I start thinking about everything about that has happened up this point both the good and the bad. Also what's going to happen, and wondering if that dark elf from last night is staying out of trouble until I get back.

A/N: Well that's the end of Season 1, I'm happy to say that got this out in time for Christmas. I want to thank all of you for reading this. Seriously, all of your votes and your comments really give me motivation. So with that said, Merry Christmas and a Happy 2019 have a great day or night and I'll see you in the next chapter. LATER!!!               

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 461 19
(A typical Germany X Gate story, just with my own taste) Ostend, Kingdom of Belgium, November 1946 It was a normal day in the Kaiserliche Marine Cont...
2.6K 67 23
A GATE: Thus The JSDF Fought There fanfic The two World Jumpers continue their adventures after their experience in the Rising of the Shield Hero uni...
767K 17.5K 175
Gate: War of Two Worlds. A Gate story loosely based on the Gate manga/anime. It starts similar and then goes on its own stories. It is a story when a...
5.4K 79 16
One man. One ship. These are the Arrowhead squadron who fought against hostile extraterrestrial life and protect the home planet called... Earth. But...