My Mate is an Idol || Book 1...

By WendilynnKerezman

Julie, a young werewolf, is turning 18 and is excited to meet her wolf and find her mate. Her parents get he... More

Birthday Present
Excited Friends
Unexpected Threat
Jewels
You smell like...
Who is your Bias?
The Boys of Midnight
The Concert
Ready?
First Impressions
Don't Lose Control
Plans
Training
Upset
A run through the forest
Unstable Situations
Seokmin's Mission
Rumors
The Men of Midnight
Secret Heart
Senior After Party
Obsession's Plan
Fight It
Rejection
A Question and an Answer

First Shift

3K 90 30
By WendilynnKerezman

The clocked ticked quietly. The room was dim and the only sound was the gentle breathing of the human sitting in the chair. The party was long over and Julie sat facing the window, looking out into the night. Her thoughts were a jumble over all that she learned tonight. Her best friend turned out not be the person she always thought he was. She couldn't believe he would sleep with his mate and then tell her that he didn't want her. Who uses a person that way?

Another tear escaped her eye and joined the many others that fell before it. Disillusionment of the love of her life was a hard pain to bear and she struggled to come to grips with it. Nathan had been her rock all throughout childhood. He protected her from bullies, played dolls with her - not by choice - and had been her confidant. There was nothing he did not know about her. Why had he not confided in her about finding his mate? Why had he not talked it over with her if he found being mated to Michelle so difficult? She thought they were a team. Did he even trust her?

"What will we do now, Jewels?" Julie whispered softly. Her wolf was silent but this didn't bother her. She didn't really want an answer and Jewels was preparing for the shift which would be soon. Her parents were waiting downstairs to help her through her first shift. They were giving her time to come to grips with the events of the evening.

To distract herself from her thoughts her eyes left the view of the blackness outside and wandered over her room. She looked at her doll collection sitting on the shelf by her bed, each porcelain face a perfect moment of cuteness. Next to her dolls was another shelf that contained her growing Kpop collection. Albums, light sticks, photo cards, figurines. She smiled as she looked at them. Her favorite group, Midnight, were taking advantage of the fascination with werewolves and capitalizing on it, all their figurines were wolves. All the fangirls dreamed of being mated to their one true bias in the group. The normal human fans were just as determined to be their mate and fantasized just as hard about having a man who was fated to be just theirs. Who didn't want a soulmate?

Her eyes drifted up to her posters. Jaeson, Mingyu, Hoon, Taekwoon, Jungwoo, Jeon and the leader Seokmin were all arrayed in various poses all over one wall. Her bias was Jungwoo, the dark and quiet one of the group. Serious and shy, he drew her in. Her glance fell to Taekwoon who was her bias wrecker. His inability to stay dressed on stage wrecked her all to pieces. She was as weak to his chocolate abs like any other woman. There were far too many gifs of him undulating those abs for her peace of mind. Hoon, Jeon, and Jaeson were the jokers of the group and Mingyu and Seokmin kept everyone in line. Her fingers lifted to her desk and caressed the tickets laying there. Just two days before she would get to see them in real life for the first time. She better remember to get earplugs now that her hearing was so sensitive.

Walking over to her closet, she tried to decide what she should wear. Should she go cute? Maybe hot and sexy? Or should she just dress comfortably since she'll probably be standing and screaming herself hoarse--

It's time. Let your parents know that I am ready. It's time for us to switch bodies.

Julie quickly removed her outer clothes and walked downstairs in just a tank top and boyshorts. Her parents looked up as they heard her come downstairs. Stacy stood up from her place on the couch and Julie looked at her surprised.

"You're still here, Stacy?" Julie asked.

"I wasn't going to let you go through this alone." she grinned.

"This is better done in a group, to help you as its very disorienting as your wolf takes over your body. In a way, it's a good thing you haven't found your mate yet, she would be harder to control during this." Her dad said.

Julie winced as she was reminded of tonight's disaster but she knew her dad was speaking practically as the first shift was often when many mates lost control and finished the marking and mating process.

Growls filled Julie's mind and heat started to spread out from her spine. Pain exploded as a popping sound was her and she doubled over with a small cry. She could feel each vertebra in her spine detach. A double echo scream left her lips as Jewels and Julie cried in agony together as her bones stretched and popped as they began to reorder themselves. She fell to the floor, supported on her hands and knees as the heat and agony increased another level.

This is far more painful than expected. Came the agonized thought. Julie could only whimper in agreement.

"The pain is temporary; you are doing great." came the comforting wolf voice of her father.

"Just a few moments more," came her mother's wolf voice.

"You've got this." came the wolf voice of Stacy.

Julie and Jewels tried to focus on the supportive words of her friend and family but all they could feel was the reordering of their body. Julie felt her hair spread from her scalp and cover her body. Her hands thickened and nails grew sharp. For Jewels, it felt like freedom as her tail grew and her face elongated and stretched and her teeth sharpened from the flat ones Julie lived with. With a growl and a final crack of pain, Julie and Jewels stood in their living room on all fours and howled.

They looked around and watched as Julie's parents transformed into their wolves. Stacy held up a full-length mirror so that they could see what they looked like. Julie was amused that she was as red as her human hair had been. No melting into the forest for her, she was going to stand out like a beacon.

We look much better now. Jewels commented on the reflection.

This feels so weird. Julie said to Jewels.

Yes, I imagine it does. Waking up in your body wasn't exactly comfortable for me, either. Jewels replied.

"You look amazing," said the wolf of her father.

"You did that so well," replied her mother's wolf.

Jewels stretched and then shook her body to get a feel for it and make sure everything was sitting right on her frame. Julie could feel Jewel's satisfaction with her body and became aware of the pack link that now opened in her mind. She could feel the pack order start to influence her thinking and feelings. For Jewels, that order came naturally and felt comfortable. For Julie, it felt like an intrusion as if others were telling her what she could be.

"Let's go for a run," said her father.

Stacy put the mirror down and quickly transformed and they all bounded out the open back door for the forest nearby. As they ran, other members of the pack joined them. Birthday wishes were offered by those who hadn't come to the party and eventually they were joined by the Alpha and Luna.

As they joined them, Jewels bowed to her leader and his mate. Respect was deeply ingrained in wolves and Julie could feel the power of the leader and the comfort this gave her wolf. The Alpha and Luna circled around her and sniffed her around her face and behind. This weirded out Julie but Jewels held still and also sniffed them in return.

"Welcome to the pack," her Alpha said resuming his position in front of her.

"Thank you," replied Jewels/Julie.

"As a child, your father was your pack leader. Now that you're a wolf, that will change and I will now be your pack leader. Our wolves are now familiar with each other's scent so we can identify each other easily. I will not control the direction of your life, but a wolf needs a pack and this helps bring stability and security to them. You will now be part of that and your training will begin soon." her Alpha explained.

"Training?" Julie asked.

"Your wolf has raw talent and training helps refine skills and allows you to protect yourself and others. While we are no longer hunted by humans in general, there are still those who fear us and see us as unnatural. Wolves still have disagreements with each other and wolves are far more direct in dealing with such things. A challenge and fight are how they resolve conflicts, once it's over so is the problem. They do not carry grudges as humans do." He said.

It is simple. Jewels replied.

"As your Alpha, I'm aware of what transpired tonight. Michelle has asked to challenge you, as is her right since her mate is not accepting her because of his feelings for you. I told her that she has to wait till you've been trained so the fight will be fair."

"You've got to be kidding me?" Julie said in surprise.

Her Alpha's wolf opened his mouth in a wolfy sort of grin. "Odd birthday present, I know, but it was the best I could do to help resolve a conflict that needs time and maturity to solve. Trust your wolf's abilities in this matter and welcome to the pack." with that he and the Luna turned around and left.

Julie sat still feeling stunned. A challenge? Her wolf felt nothing for Nathan, and she wasn't going to force a mate situation with a guy who was going to use his mate and then abandon her. There was nothing to fight over.

He may not be worth it for us, but he is worth it for her. Now, let's continue this first run and see if we can find our mate. I am most anxious to find him.

Julie could only watch on, bemused, as Jewels continued her run through the forest. Her parents and Stacy followed, enjoying the freedom that comes with a run through the forest. Her wolf body was strong and agile. The forest was alive with insects and her wolf vision penetrated the dark so that shapes were clearly visible. Her hearing was so sensitive, she knew she was picking up sounds from several blocks away. Her nose picked up hundred of smells that she worked to identify. The only scent Jewels cared about was her mate's and as she ran, she grew more frustrated as it became evident that whoever their mate was, they weren't close by.

"Its time to return home." Her father's wolf voice called.

"We haven't found our mate," cried the frustrated Jewels.

"It's going to be okay. You will find him when it is the right time. But now we need to sleep." He said.

Jewels started to whine but her father was stern and insistent. Jewels finally relented and returned home. As they entered their home, her parents transformed and put their clothes back on. Her mother then grabbed a new pile of clothes for Julie to put on once the transformation was over. Julie and Jewels were both hesitant to go through the pain again and they whined as they worried.

Her father bent down, ran his fingers through her fur and calmly spoke to them. "I know you don't want to hurt again, but I promise this will be the last transformation that will hurt. Your body is learning how to transform and so the first time is painful because your bodies don't know what to do at first. Now, Julie, I want you to imagine in your mind what your human body looks like."

Julie focused on an image of her body as Jewels closed her eyes. The image of their human form took shape and Julie held onto that image. As the image grew stronger, she could feel something building inside her.

"Just hold onto the image and let the heat flow through you. Let the magic take care of the rest. Just don't lose that image." Her father continued to stroke her fur and keep her calm as they prepared to transform again.

Julie felt the image solidify in her mind and Jewels howled as the heat then spread down their spine and their bones began to pop and move. Pain exploded as joints popped out of place and the tail and snout started to return to their smaller proportions. Julie felt overwhelmed with pain as her body worked to reassemble itself.

"Hold that image, Julie!" Her dad yelled.

Julie focused on the image of herself and Jewels cried as they switched dominant positions as Julie's body took shape. Her hair receded back to her scalp and her jaw compressed back into position. As each joint fell into place, pain melted away and eventually, it was over. Julie laid on the floor, exhausted and vowing never to move again.

That was almost more painful than the first time. Her wolf said in a tired voice.

"I know. I hope it never hurts like that ever again." Julie's eyes were closed and she just breathed slowly trying to erase the memory of pain in her limbs.

Our bodies know what to do now, it should no longer hurt. Jewels reassured her.

Her mom helped her up and handed her her clothes. She slowly got dressed and her dad brought her some Advil and water. She swallowed the pills and sat down exhausted on the couch. Her mom brought a pillow and blanket over to her.

"You're going to be too exhausted for a while to move, so sleep here and relax. You'll feel much better after a good sleep." Her mom tucked the blanket around her and kissed her on the forehead.

"You did great, baby girl." her mom whispered softly.

Worn out, Julie closed her eyes and slept. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 15.9K 107
Finding your mate is the most euphoric feeling known to Werewolves, one people spend their whole life waiting for. But what happens when the mate you...
3.2M 193K 94
In which Kim Taehyung is 24 and living his best normal human life not knowing he is actually a male omega. Until he picks up his cousin, Park Jisung...
636K 19.6K 75
⚠️BEING EDITED⚠️ On a hunt Jungkook ends up saving a beautiful rare Omega that he didn't know existed from danger. After the incident they felt so dr...
25.5K 857 23
The girl he finally get to imprint but she owned to someone else... "Why I feel so attracted to you? I already have a boyfriend..." -Y/N No matter ho...