𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳 · 𝘵𝘩�...

By echostria

if mistakes are all I am, at least you know what choices not to make book 2 » the 100, season 2 More

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 ♚ 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐
𝟐.𝟏
𝟐.𝟐
𝟐.𝟑
𝟐.𝟒
𝟐.𝟓
𝟐.𝟔
𝟐.𝟕
𝟐.𝟖
𝟐.𝟗
𝟐.𝟏𝟎
𝟐.𝟏𝟏
𝟐.𝟏𝟐
𝟐.𝟏𝟑
𝟐.𝟏𝟒
𝟐.𝟏𝟓
𝟐.𝟏𝟔
𝟐.𝟏𝟕
𝟐.𝟏𝟖
𝟐.𝟏𝟗
𝟐.𝟐𝟎
𝟐.𝟐𝟐
𝟐.𝟐𝟑
𝟐.𝟐𝟒

𝟐.𝟐𝟏

3.6K 151 26
By echostria

────「DEBATABLE」────

     I heard one of the guards talk most likely on their walkie, saying they had found me just as I saw the elevator a couple of feet away from me. We got this, just have to make sure I get to the hatch fast so that they can't pull me down. As I stood almost in front of the elevator door, ready to jump in, a guard appeared from inside it and I barely managed to avoid him running now towards who knew where. Fuck, I messed up. I should have at least freed Raven. I kept running until I was faced with a man in a suit and a guard I recognized pointing my way with a gun. Emerson, well now this is just perfect timing. I had nowhere to go so I stopped running, turned around and threw my two knives to the guards running behind me, killing one and hurting the other on the stomach. I felt a pair of arms pulling me back as I was about to take Oreth's blade that I had hidden in the inside of my jacket and I heard a click behind me; I tried to move my hands but I couldn't: they had handcuffed me. Now, this is just so great.

- "What do we have here?" –the guy in the suit asked, walking into sight.

- "I'd like to say a problem." –I grinned and tried to move up to him but someone pulled me back.

- "Samantha, right? We almost didn't recognize you with that paint on your face." –he asked moving closer as I rolled my eyes- "Emerson has told me about your little encounter."

- "Yeah, I should have taken a couple more hours of oxygen from his tank."

- "I thought you died with the missile." –Emerson spoke behind me.

- "Oh, I'm so sorry to disappoint." -I scoffed- "I'm sure you'd have loved that."

- "Let's get her with the others."

The guy in the suit spoke to Emerson when a familiar voice came through the walkies.

- "President Wallace."

Clarke's in here too? Now that's a nice surprise, I wonder how she got in. Maybe one of the Blake siblings helped her. God, I hope they're all alright.

- "So, you are the so-called President?" –I questioned, trying to keep my mind busy- "I'd say you're more of a tyrant because what you're doing to us is far from democratic."

- "You, shut up." –he was irritated with me, which only made me smile, knowing he was of easy temper could come in handy- "Give me the radio." -Emerson took his radio and handed it to him- "This is President Wallace."

- "I have your father." –Clarke declared- "If you don't let my people go, I'll kill him."

- "How do I know you're telling the truth?"

- "Stay the course, Cage." –a man's voice replaced Clarke's.

- "You won't do it." –Cage said as his eyes widened.

- "Oh, man, you don't know us at all, do you?"

My words didn't seem to resonate well with him for Cage looked at Emerson, who proceeded to kick my knees to get me on the ground while taking a gun to my head.

- "If you kill him, I'll kill her." –he placed the walkie in front of my mouth- "Say hi to your friend."

- "Do you actually think I'm in any way equivalent to your dad?" –I ignored his request- "You think she won't kill him just because you have me?"

- "Shut up." –Emerson hit me with the gun.

- "If you hurt her, I will kill you."

Bellamy? The good news is he's alive, the bad news is now they know he's with Clarke.

- "Huh, I'd say someone is not willing to risk your life." –Cage looked at me with a smile plastered on his face- "Who's that?" –he asked Emerson- "The intruder?"

- "Too bad Clarke has a gun and isn't afraid to use it." –I said rolling my eyes, avoiding Bellamy's topic.

- "This ends now." –Clarke's voice interrupted us- "Release my people."

- "I can't do that."

- "Don't make me do this."

Clarke spoke again after some silence. I wondered what she and Bellamy were up to but I hoped, for the sake of our people, they'd figure it out. Cage looked at me and then at Emerson as the voices of children laughing came to my ears. Cage started looking around until he focused his gaze somewhere to his right so I followed his eyes before he spoke, realizing there was a camera, which meant Clarke and Bellamy had to be seeing us.

- "Dad, I'll take care of our people."

- "None of us have a choice here, Clarke." –a man's voice I didn't recognize came through the radio, I assumed Cage's father.

- "I didn't want this."

- "Neither did I."

The same man spoke again after Clarke before a gunshot was heard. She shot him, alright, wao. We heard him groaning before a flat noise, most likely the body hitting the floor, came through. Cage's knuckles went white holding the radio before he turned to look at me. I wasn't afraid of dying, but I wouldn't be murdered on my knees.

- "Listen to me very carefully." –Clarke spoke again- "I will not stop until my people are free."

- "Your friend is causing me just as much trouble as you have."

- "Well, don't look at me." -I shrugged my shoulders- "If I hadn't run out of bullets you'd be dead by now."

- "You're no fun." -he pointed at the camera- "Maybe I should just go ahead and get Emerson to shoot you right here, for them to see."

- "No, I'm a lot of fun." –I smiled while raising an eyebrow- "Why don't we get rid of the handcuffs and I'll show you?"

- "It's a pity you're on the wrong side of this." –Cage chuckled- "We could have been good friends."

- "Cage, listen to me." –Clarke's voice interrupted us.

- "Clarke, dear, we are trying to speak over here." –I smiled looking at the camera, although I wasn't sure she could hear me- "Some of us have pressing matters to deal with."

- "Your friend Samantha over here is very entertaining." –Cage spoke on the walkie- "Why did you send her here, Clarke? Is she disposable to you? I'll get rid of her for you."

- "She didn't send me." –I interrupted him- "I don't take orders from her. I followed your lieutenant in through the main door and he was dumb enough not to notice me." –I looked at Emerson for a second- "So, technically, it's his fault all those guards are dead. I'd suggest a trial against him for murder. Or for being stupid. I can speak in both as a witness."

- "Why are you here, then?"

- "I wasn't going to leave my people behind. Besides, your stupid missile killed a friend of mine, I came here to get revenge."

- "Cage, it's over." –Bellamy's voice came through the radio this time- "Let her go and your people will live."

- "Someone is remarkably invested in you." –Cage looked at me and then at Emerson- "We have an advantage, he won't let her die. We can use that."

I was about to protest, to try to leave Bellamy out of it, when Clarke spoke again on the walkie.

- "Cage, listen. I don't want anyone else to die." –she tried to reason with him- "Stop the drilling and we can talk; but, if you don't let them go, we'll irradiate Level 5."

- "Emerson." –Cage's tone became threatening as he let go of the walkie handing it over to the guard, so Clarke now couldn't hear him- "They're at the command center. I've changed my mind, go kill them all."

- "Yes, sir."

- "No, sir." -I took that moment to push Emerson back and stand up, facing the camera- "Bellamy, you have to go, he's going after you!" –I screamed hoping they could read my lips.

- "Now, you, little friend," –Cage grabbed my arms, pushing me back in the direction I had come from- "are coming with me."

- "Emerson, if you touch him, I'll kill you!" –I yelled trying to look at him- "You hear me!"

- "Him, huh?" –Cage's voice sounded in my ear- "Who's this Bellamy?"

- "None of your business, sir Tyrant."

H simply laughed, shoving me to walk beside him, practically dragging me through the corridor as I went over all the ways I'd love to kill everyone in that goddamn place. We ended up back in the room where all my people were, seeing Raven was still on the table, bleeding through her thigh.

- "You monster, let her go!"  –I screamed at one of the doctors who looked terrified to see me, trying to get rid of Cage- "Did you not learn anything from my first visit?"

- "Easy there, you'll have your turn."

Cage chuckled and I felt the overwhelming urge to punch his face. He handed me over to a guard who pushed me against a wall to get me chained up like the rest. I looked around me, realizing Jasper wasn't there and neither was Monty so I hoped, for the sake of my sanity, that they had managed to escape somehow.

- "Take her off the table."

- "We haven't finished..."

- "Now." –Cage answered, a mix of irritation and anger in his voice- "And..." –he moved next to Abby- "Put her on."

This is to get back at Clarke for his father. Kane was screaming for Abby, trying to get the guards to choose him instead. I need to do something. Think fast. I did the first thing that came to mind. While the guard was taking my handcuffs off, slowly and carefully so that I wouldn't escape and from just one of my hands, I pretended to faint, falling to the ground as he was not expecting it. Once he lowered to get me up, I hit him with my head, immediately regretting it, but managing to get rid of him.

- "You need better service, Mr. Tyrant." –I moved up to the next guard, hitting him on the back of his knees and making him fall.

- "And you need manners." –Cage answered me before looking at two new guards- "Get her on the table instead."

Not how I pictured this going, but it'll give Clarke and Bellamy some more time to figure this out. I managed to fight one of the guards, but as the next two came up to me, I knew I was done. I took out Oreth's blade, decided to place it through Cage's heart but a couple more guards appeared from the door behind me, efficiently overpowering me. They set me on the table and restrained my wrists and ankles so that I wouldn't move.

- "I was going to leave you last to see all your friends die and wonder what happened to Clarke and Bellamy, but I guess you just couldn't wait." –Cage came into view as he tied my neck to the table.

- "So much talking, so little action."

- "You came in here to kill me but now you're the one who's going to die."

- "Death and I go way back so if you're trying to scare me, it's not working."

- "What's this?" –Cage said taking Oreth's blade- "Interesting design."

- "If you could like, pierce your heart with it, that'd be extremely useful."

- "I still don't understand why you have your face painted like the Grounders." –Cage ignored my remark and kept talking as he inspected the blade- "Does it have anything to do with the friend that died? Did this belong to them?"

- "Keep talking, hopefully, you'll make me angry enough to get rid of these ties and slit your throat with that blade."

While Cage and I conversed, the doctor came back with a rather big needle and some scissors. He cut the right leg of my pants around my upper thigh-high and all the way down.

- "What's up with people ripping off my clothes?" –I scoffed, trying to look at him but Cage had made sure the belt around my neck was tight- "You know they go down, right?"

- "Let her go!" –Bellamy's voice came through the walkie I was carrying, startling me.

- "He's still alive, huh? Good. I'm sure they can see us." –Cage grabbed the walkie from my pocket and looked at a camera on the ceiling- "So you're the intruder that's caused me so many issues."

- "Let her go."

- "You're in no position to negotiate." –Cage corrected him- "I'm seeing Samantha has some impressive scars." –he said moving back next to me and inspecting my legs and bare arms.

- "Yeah, let's just say it's been a long couple of months."

- "We're ready, sir." –the doctor interrupted him- "Please, step back."

- "Good." –Cage moved the radio back to his mouth- "Bellamy, any last words for your lover?"

- "I'm sorry." –Bellamy's voice was no more than a whisper.

- "Not what I was expecting but alright." –he then faced me- "Any last words, Samantha?"

- "Yeah. See you in hell."

- "Is that the last thing you wanna tell him? Really?"

- "No, I'll see you in hell, Cage."

- "No last words for him, then?"

- "I'm sorry too."

I couldn't see the camera but maybe that was for the best. I focused on the ceiling and closed my eyes as Cage gave the green light to the doctor. A drilling noise immediately overpowered everything else in the room. I knew it was going to hurt but I could only think of how I was never going to see my friends again. But if it meant they'd be okay, then I was okay with it. I thought of Octavia, the first time I saw her and how good she had been to me. She's gonna be so pissed. I smiled. And Raven, at least she's alive, even if it took me too long and they drilled her thigh too. But she's alive. And Murphy, wherever he is... Monty and Jasper and Lincoln. God, I wished I had more time. And Bellamy, he'll never know...

A piercing pain overflew my entire body, making me clench my fists and shut my eyes hard. The drilling stopped for a moment and I carefully opened my eyes hoping this was over. I glanced at the door and I saw a guard coming in with Jasper. I wanted to see him again, but not like this. He looked at me and nodded, as if he truly believed everything was going to be just fine and, for a moment, I thought that too and smiled at him. The guard interchanged a couple of words with Cage before moving to the wall and placing Jasper where I had been a couple of minutes before. I felt the pain again before I was aware of the drilling noise filling the room again; I tried not to scream but, after what seemed like hours but was probably a couple of seconds, my body reacted on its own until my voice broke, my throat hurt and tears fell from my eyes. I couldn't think of anything, everything was black and painful. So hard to let go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 516 41
This is the first book of the series. Book 2 'Alive and in one piece' is officially out! The 100 Season 1! Disclaimer: I do not own the 100 or any of...
264K 5K 25
' She's a lost girl in her own little world, she looks so happy but she seems so sad. ' - disclaimer: i do not own the 100! all rights to the creator...
4.5K 122 24
This is a continuation from "Promise me." The 100 Season 2! Disclaimer: I do not own the 100 or any of the characters except Malin, Alec and Jones. W...
109K 3.5K 31
maybe one mistake was all it took for me to realize how feeble life truly is book 3 » the 100, season 3