Underneath the Star

By SheilaAuthor

If getting over him isn't enough, then get under someone else. More

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
PUBLISHED
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Epilogue

Chapter 7

29.4K 1.1K 89
By SheilaAuthor

After Lukas dropped Melanie off in front of her car, she drove straight home and changed into a pair of pajamas. She did want to see Christopher but without an invitation, she refused to show up unannounced, despite having his keycard in her possession. With a bowl of popcorn in one arm and a poor quality Netflix horror film playing, she absentmindedly watched the screen. She wasn't sure what the storyline was, and she didn't care. It was background noise as she drowned out the movie with her own thoughts.

The banging at the door snapped her back, however. She wasn't expecting visitors, and part of her feared that it was Eddy coming back to claim what was once his. Cautiously, she approached the door and then looked through the peephole. When she saw it was Christopher on the other side, she opened the door and blocked the entrance.

"Are you going to let me in?" he asked her, peeking over her shoulder. He wasn't sure what he was looking for, but he was relieved to know she was alone.

"So, you know where I live now."

"You're my girl," he said all too bitterly. "Why the fuck haven't you picked up any of my calls or answered any of my texts?"

"First of all, I am not your girl."

He stepped forward, forcing her back into her apartment and then kicking the door shut behind him. "Look, I'd be mad too if you didn't text me for a few days, but you gotta understand that I was busy."

"You were filming," she whispered. She looked at his lips and bit into her own. "But complete silence?"

"I know, baby." He pressed his lips to hers and inhaled deeply through his nose. He hadn't realized how much he had been missing her touch. "I should have done better, but every time I got the chance to call you, something else came up. Then by the time I could get to my phone, it was already late."

"You could just text me and let me know how you are. It doesn't take up that much time to pick up your phone and try."

He nodded to agree with her. "I'm so sorry," he whispered, pressing kisses over her face. "I'll make it up to you. Let me take you out tonight."

"I just want to stay in," she told him. "And I want you to stay with me."

"I can do that. Anything for you, princess." He tried to kiss her again, but she placed a finger on his lips and shook her head. "Come on, Mel."

"You said you'd make it up to me, so you get a kiss when you earn my forgiveness." She turned to the couch and sat down.

"Melanie—"

"If I'm your girl then prove it," she said to him. "Show me you want me for me and not because you want to recreate the night we met."

His brows furrowed. Leaning against the island table in her kitchen, he crossed his arms over his chest and looked right into her dark eyes. "If all I wanted was sex I wouldn't have tried to look for you. I wouldn't be here after a long day of filming. I could be in bed instead, but I chose to come here. Now, can I please kiss you?"

Melanie didn't have time to respond because he was storming over to her, capturing her lips in a deep and passionate kiss. His hands were in her hair, gently tugging at the strands to pull her as close as he possibly could as they both collapsed on the couch. "Chris," she murmured, breaking away from him.

"I didn't even come here for sex," he told her, looking down at her bruised lips. "I just wanted to see you."

"Do you want to stay the night?"

He nodded. "What are we watching?"

"If you're tired, you can sleep."

"No," he quickly said, "I want to spend this time with you."

"Babe—"

"Don't try to change my mind. I'm here to be with you."

Christopher had invited her to join him on set. He had woken up early in the morning with the idea to bring her along so he could spend more time with her. She was unwilling at first only because she wasn't ready to see him in the arms of another woman. Vero was the other woman, of course, and even though Melanie knew that every kiss and intimate moment between them was for the camera, she couldn't stand the thought of sharing him.

However, it was his job, and he had been doing it long before he had even met her. So, after a lot of convincing and begging on his end, she finally agreed.

"Vero and I aren't working together today," he told her on the way to the set. "So, you won't have to watch me kiss or touch her. We won't even be communicating."

"I'm not worried about Vero. She's great at her job, and so are you."

"Don't lie to my face like that, Mel."

"The first time we met, she assumed I was some hired whore," Melanie murmured. She held her breath as they pulled up to a gate. The scenery around them had been nothing but trees and woods for miles until they stopped in front of the large production building. "It has nothing to do with the fact that you kiss her on set and probably rehearse it, too."

Christopher chuckled. "Okay, Ms. I'm-Not-Even-Jealous. Can you keep a secret for me?"

"I guess," she said as he drove past the gate and into his reserved parking spot.

"There is a more explicit scene in the movie," he admitted as they exited the car. He took her hand in his and led her to the entrance of the building. "However, there are props between us, so I promise you the most I will ever do with this girl is kiss her."

"And see her naked."

"So will the entire cast and crew."

Melanie deeply sighed. It wasn't like her to be jealous, especially when it was his job to perform. But then again, no one had ever given her a reason to be jealous until she caught Eddy with someone else. "I love that you're doing something you love. So, what scenes are you filming today?"

He grinned as he ushered her to the elevator. "I hope you like flying. It'll be a couple hours before we land."

"Took you long enough," Jay said to Christopher as he helped Melanie down from the helicopter pad. He offered her a small smile but avoided eye contact with her. "The crew's waiting for you."

"Welcome to the Clearwater Resort," Christopher whispered in Melanie's ear. "This is where we are filming one of our very last scenes in the movie. Once we're done here, you and I will have dinner on the beach, take a walk and then head to my room. Then tomorrow, you get me all to yourself. Sound like a plan?"

Melanie frowned. "We're spending the weekend here?"

"I thought it'd be romantic."

"It is," she said, forcing a smile. "I just wish you'd told me to pack a bag."

"Baby, we have everything you need. I thought this through already."

"I can't believe you brought me here," she said, grinning. She pressed a kiss to his lips and hugged him tight.

"Don't ever say you aren't my girl again." He kissed every part of her face and cupped her chin in his hand, forcing her to look at him. "Do whatever you want today, and if you start to miss me, I'll be on the beach filming." He pointed to the man talking to Jay. "Mateo will be with you the entire time, so let him know if you need anything."

"Visitor pass," Mateo said as he approached the couple. He handed Melanie a lanyard with a badge and then nodded to Christopher. "They're waiting for you to get down there."

"I'll see you tonight, princess." Christopher quickly kissed her on the forehead and then jogged down to the beach where the rest of the crew greeted him.

"Where do you want to go first?" Mateo asked her gruffly. He wasn't trying to be cold or stoic. It was just the way he spoke.

"Spa," she said with uncertainty in her voice.

"I'll join you." Vero appeared beside them and excitedly hooked her arm through Melanie's. "I was afraid I'd be the only woman here on an island full of testosterone. I'm so glad to see you."

"Hi, Vero," Melanie said through a suppressed smile. "I guess our next meeting is under better circumstances."

"Let's just forget about that first time," Vero suggested. "I was a bitch, and you were so patient. I'm really glad Chris has you in his life."

"Are you and Christopher close?" she asked Vero as they walked toward a building together.

"We have to be or there would be no chemistry on screen," Vero explained. She looked down onto the beach and searched for Christopher. He was already in the middle of shooting a scene. "If you're worried about me sabotaging your relationship with him, don't be. He's the one who should be worried."

Melanie raised a brow. "What does that mean?"

"Let's just say I don't have a hard time making a beautiful girl like you curious."

She laughed. She couldn't help it, but because she hadn't meant to, Melanie slapped a hand over her mouth. "I'm sorry," she said, suppressing her laughter.

"Not the reaction I was expecting."

"I didn't mean to laugh at you."

Vero smiled. "I know. I was simply expressing my interest."

"But Christopher and I—"

"Are together," Vero finished for her. "I'm not here to break you two up. I just want to remind you that you are worth more than you think you deserve."

"We aren't together like that," Melanie said, blushing.

"He flew you to an island, honey. That boy is obsessed with you."

Melanie stopped walking and looked down below at the incoming waves. Christopher was already staring at her by the time her gaze fell on his, and she waved at him. "He really is something, isn't he?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 60.4K 22
When Queen realizes that caring for two boys is too much to handle, she must move in with her boss. Book 1 of 4.
682K 14.7K 39
The life becomes whole when you find true love. When you meet the right person. When you have a reason to live and struggle with life. I found this p...
2.8M 103K 45
Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was he staring at me?" Leaning towards me h...
1.1M 37.1K 44
"Some promises are hard to break, Some feelings are hard to deny, Some people are hard to forget, Some relations are hard to accept" Ashton Dav...