i n f l u e n c e

By oatmeal_and_granola

Shigaraki paced back and forth in the small bar, eyes wild," This has to be a lie!" He repeated under his bre... More

p r o l o g u e
o n e | beginning
Update
t w o | police
t h r e e | footage
f o u r | fifteen minutes
s i x | m a r k
π™Ύπšπšπš’πšŒπš’πšŠπš• πš‚πšžπš–πš–πšŠπš›πš’: INFLUENCE
s e v e n | mochi
e i g h t | checkout
n i n e | gym priveleges
t e n | water

f i v e | wants and needs

1.4K 61 12
By oatmeal_and_granola

A/N

Sorry for the wait but school. I really hope you enjoy this chapter. Updates will become more frequent over the next 2 weeks because school is going out for like 2 weeks. Thanks for being patient, guys :)

Disclaimer: I DO NOT and NEVER WILL own My Hero Academia.

Enjoy!

Chapter 5: Wants and Needs

Izuku almost tripped on his own feet.

He had just realized that he had 15 minutes to meet All For One. Luckily, their meeting place is fairly close to his house.

He hadn't fully slept in a whole day, but his tiny blackout naps had fueled him enough. Whether it was this or the adrenaline is unclear but what is clear is that he's going to be late.

The flustered Midoriya threw on a black hoodie and white tee shirt.

He kept his grey sweatpants on and slipped on his signature red sneakers.

Running through the halls, he scrambled into the kitchen where he ignored the apparent mess and steaming oven to grab a milkshake but a hand stopped him.

"Do you really need that milkshake full of sugar?" Hanzai asked, examining his nails and leaning on the counter.

His grip was surprisingly strong and Izuku made no effort to escape.

"What's this about, Hanzai?" He asked, motioning to his arm with budding annoyance," I'm kind of in a hurry, here"

"But do you need that seven-dollar milkshake?"

Izuku sighed and dropped his hand," No"

"Good. Cause that stuff's expensive and you can drink it later for dessert," He said with a straight face.

"Okay, dad," Midoriya teased but this only made Hanzai bite his lip with guilt.

"Dad?" He whispered to himself, but Izuku didn't hear him.

"If I get a job, THEN can I eat what I want?" He moaned.

"Fine. But how do you plan on finding a job?" Hanzai asked with a quirked eyebrow and slight smirk.

The green-haired 14-year-old opened his mouth to answer but couldn't come up with an answer.

"Precisely," The brown-haired adult said as he sat down on a stool.

"Ughhh," The freckled boy groaned as he snatched an apple and took a crunchy bite.

Izuku walked to the door and was about to go, Hanzai called out to him before he could leave.

"I could get you a job, 'Zu," He grinned, but Izuku didn't turn back to see it.

"Sure, whatever works. I honestly don't care," He monotoned.

"By the way, where's Renzu?" Izuku asked, taking interest and turning around to taking another loud bite of his apple.

"Oh, she went to... uhhh the grocery store! Yeah..." He muttered to himself, his face tinting pink from his excuse.

"...sure," Young Midoriya said slowly, narrowing his eyes.

"ANYWAY, you've gone through some crazy stuff over the past couple of days. Including the Kacchan assault and... the obvious... so your insurance has pretty much gone on a shopping spree," He said as he threw Izuku a new iPhone X (A/N Sorry, I HAD to) with a white silicon case already on it.

"B-"

"I already put Renzu 'n me's contacts in there and set up your Apple ID. The only contact in your old phone was um your mom so it really wasn't too hard," He finished, sheepishly rubbing his hand on the back of his neck.

'Who knew HANZAI of all people had a soft side?' He thought with a slight smile.

The mention of his mom didn't have the same effect as before but talking about it is a different story.

"...thanks, Hanzai. Really"

The brown eyed man in question returned the smile and looked down.

'I guess he's not really used to acting like this,' Midoriya mentally noted.

"Well, um I've got to go. I'll see you in a few hours or so," Izuku looked up at Hanzai from across the room," Try not to burn the house down," He smiled.

"I'll try not to," He smiled back as Izuku walked out the door and closed it behind him.

Midoriya checked his watch and sighed with content when he realized that that had only taken a few minutes.

Inside the house, Hanzai's phone started buzzing.

Two calls at the same time:

Himitsu Toget: Call Declined

Ren: Call Accepted

"Hey Ren, what's up"

"Han, I did it"

"Great job, babe"

+=+=+=+=+

Izuku was making various twists and turns through the dark alleyways.

Not a person was in sight, it was four in the morning to be fair.

Four fifty to be exact.

Midoriya would have been at the meeting spot if he hadn't of stopped.

The reason being: He saw something.

Something familiar.

He stopped dead in his tracks and looked behind him.

The damp asphalt ground was scattered with trash bins and various bugs. The occasional rat scuttled by but that's not what caught the curious teenager's eye.

A man with wavy black hair shadowing his facial features.

He wore a black dress shirt and trousers with a blood red tie and a hat of the same design.

The man slickly slided into another alleyway and Izuku's first instinct was to follow him.

'I've seen that hair before'

Visions of him looking at the picture of his dad out of his mom's diary flashed before his eyes.

"That's...that's my DAD!" He resolved to himself.

He began to chase the man, but he was just too fast. Ducking corners and making fake turns was hard enough without him jumping onto buildings.

'Is that even humanly possible?'

The man jumped down as they approached a dead end, Izuku panting with his hands on his knees.

But the man was gone- and as soon as Izuku realized he was gone, he had also come to the conclusion that it wasn't real.

Izuku fell to his knees.

"Dad..." He breathed out in pain.

The mind really can be such a cruel thing.

+=+=+=+=+

Izuku met with All For One at five o'clock sharp with one second to spare.

When he arrived, his face lightly tinted red but that was the only evidence from his previous mental breakdown.

"Good Morning, Young Izuku," All For One greeted as he walked out of a purple portal of swirling mist.

"G'morning," Izuku greeted, his informal language made the powerful being before him tilt his head in curiosity.

'Damn it, I spend too much time around Hanzai'

He tried to cover up his mistake by continuing," It's dark out"

Silence.

"I know. You'll have to get used to it," He mumbled and started walking off.

"Hey!" Midoriya called out," Am I supposed to follow you?"

"Well, what else would you do?" He answered with a hearty laugh.

The green haired boy flushed of embarrassment and quickly caught up to walk behind him.

The walk there was silent except for a rustling in a nearby alley and a flash of brown hair which was yet again, ignored.

They approached an abandoned warehouse with fading grey paint and brick walls.

The windows were broken and dirty.

They were deep in the back alleys and shady part of Japan, still in Tokyo. Izuku isn't oblivious: He knew the route that they'd taken to get there and if he had to run, he could.

All For One jerked his head slightly to the right which confused Izuku.

'That's weird. Why would he-'

"We're here," The Man with essentially unreadable expression said as he grabbed Izuku firmly by the shoulder and pushed him into the wrecked building.

All For One walked in behind him and released his shoulder.

The doors remained open.

"Main Authority Robotic Karn, add a new admin," He ordered, smoothly.

"Of course, sir," A male voice replied from somewhere.

"Now you can come whenever you want," He deadpanned, walking away.

"But what am I supposed to do here?" Izuku asked, genuinely confused.

All For One turned around," Train, of course. Now, go train. I can't do everything for you, can I?"

And with that, he casually exited.

Izuku sighed and looked around.

The walls were painted a modern grey with black and white streaks lining the rim, sleek glass tables accompanied by matching chairs accommodate the west side, the counter full of different bottles of colored power drinks.

Exercise equipment claims the east side and modern white stairs twirl onto the second floor with an indoor pool and running track fit with a sand pit for other activities like Long Jump.

Before he could jump onto the pro trampoline in the corner, All For One poked his head back through the door and said," Oh, I almost forgot. Don't forget to have a drink," He motioned to the cafeteria counter," Hydration is key after all"

He left again, locked the door behind him and didn't;'t come back.

Once he left, Izuku went to the counter and reached for a pale blue liquid in a big thermos.

He's got to obey orders, doesn't he?

+=+=+=+=+

"I can't believe he just left me here! That son of a-"

"You're a smart kid, that language isn't acceptable here I'm afraid. But if you stop the 'forks' and the 'son of a biscuits' then I can help you out," A voice echoed out.

"Who are you?" The startled greenette asked in wonder.

Silence.

"I'm Mark. I think we'll be great friends"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 174 17
(Spoilers for Tomura Shigaraki's past.) When Tomura Shigaraki or Tenko Shimura was only four years old, he was punished by his father for looking at...
71.5K 1.7K 26
This was my first fanfic. It's shitty, be careful. Izuku Midoriya. Quirkless Police Officer. After his interaction with All Might, he gave up on bei...
14.9K 158 13
She's Gone... and I don't know how to cope, I can't even Feel anymore?! ... ... After Ochaco Decays in front of Deku, he snaps, he loses complete co...
77.2K 2.4K 37
Izuku was known to be an only child who was born with no quirk. Despite this set back he still aimed to be a hero, but no one believed in him. No one...